Professor Head of Spencer ☆ Professor at Tallygarunga✩ Kaitore
26 year old Halfblood Human ☆ HE/HIM

"The fun is here~" Derrick proclaimed with his arms raised in the air as if he were the mail ordered clown. Whether people wanted it or not, he often found a way to have some fun - spice up the party even a little bit. Sometimes, it was a literal spicing of fire and crazy shenanigans that you could only remember in hazes after several drinks being imbibed. As he passed through the various crowds of people he knew from his past and those he met in the present his hand would extended out giving quick high fivers and shoulder pats. "Come on, people! Look alive even better!  Just because we're a bit dressed up doesn't mean we can't spark up a good ol' time." A winning smile beamed brightly as he walked over towards the bar counter and lightly tapped on it. "Let's start out with this mocktail, really, I'm just curious and trying to be -slightly- good. Still need to grade papers late- . . . Oh, come on, Mish, don't look at me like I'm talking out my ass. Honest! I'm going to be a star role model! . . . Today.

It was a hard sell even if it was the truth but he had to at least show by action. As he finally grasped his prepared drink he'd turn around to face the room with his back pressed against the edge of the counter. Then he took a quick sip, tasting the contents of the liquid and giving a playful smacking of his tongue from the tangy aftertaste that was left behind along with the high fizzy kick that came along with it. "Gah, tastes like a fruit drink! Needs more of a punch behind it - knock my mind off its feet." He had considered asking Mish for something a bit more complicated but he knew this wasn't that kind of party, unfortunately for his designs of fun. 

"I wonder if Aus or Arti will grace the presence here. . . That could really get a party starting." He had already been formulating ways to make the evening just a bit more exciting for people. 

Repository ☆ ProfessorRika
2018 year old Halfblood Human ☆ He/Him

Dalton had decided he'd take a break from all things Tally, and had ventured way to some sorta party going on. He's not new to events going on during his younger adult years around the area at all, but he hadn't been able to attend any due to studies at VMU. 

The entire mocktail party had been a tad bit awkward to him, but he'd sure enough get used to it. He's not a drinker whatsoever despite the fact this had been a no alcohol party. Dalton was looking alive and happy, just not used to attending huge parties of this size. He hadn't met any former or current professors at Tally in what had felt like ages to him, and so connecting with current professors seemed like a reasonable goal even if they are or aren't Tally affiliated ones. 

Either way, he heard a voice who'd spoke pretty excitedly maybe?  Dalton overheard him encouraging the crowd and all of that around him. Well, he had guessed he could join in for once perhaps. Dalton kept quiet though and just approached the person who had looked to be an adult and possibly someone who maybe a part of Tally.  It was somewhat hard to hear anybody speak at all here, but he'd been able to hear the  voice.

Anyway, Dalton was gonna get a mocktail soon enough. "Yeaaaah, this party is a bit crazy, but fun." He yelled out to the person, only hearing him speak about the party and other things he didn't really pay mind to as he walked thru the crowd to get to him. "But anyway, my name is Dalton". Dalton is a new professor at Tally at this time for the defense against the dark arts class. He had been excited about it and was so ready to teach kids.

@Derrick Ackers

There seemed to be a much more notable response from someone within the crowd, instead of actively looking for them he quickly responded. "Crazy is just another way of saying the NEXT level of fun!" A matter of perspective, certainly, but that had bene his own personal viewpoint on that matter. As it seemed like the crowd began to shift through the constant social interactions it became more clear whom the voice pushed from as he drew closer towards his own direction. Derrick's gaze turned back towards the bartender, a woman who looked as if she held some form of attitude. "Hey, Mish, another drink to put up! Have to get a drink in every persons hand, can't let it all fall apart now.

Attention then shifted back towards Dalton as he extended his hand out towards the newly arrived man. "Nice to meet you, Dalton, the names Derrick. Always nice to meet a new face around the area." His fingers curl around his glass as he brought it to his lips, taking a brief sip from it and then settling it down onto the countertop. "Enjoying the time here? In honor of the man who woke up from the miracle coma?"

Repository ☆ ProfessorRika
2018 year old Halfblood Human ☆ He/Him

The good part about this party stuff was that he was able to be social and all that with people. This had been a fun time thus far, and he'd just awkwardly made way through crowds of people to see someone who acknowledged him. 

"Indeed, it is very FUN here! A loud crowd, music...mocktails...yep a good old time!". He had been happy being here, and wasn't socially awkward about it at all. Dalton had no drink in hand still, but had been a tad bit curious now to try a "mocktail" or whatever it had been called. "Nice to meet you too. It's nice to see people I never met around here before." 

"Yes, enjoying it here indeed, and indeed again I am happy to hear the man woke up from the coma." He'd heard about the man, but nothing really more than he owned the bar. 

@Derrick Ackers

Derrick felt out of place not properly 'crashing' a shindig like this and maybe it was partially because he hadn't dragged along one of the few people who would usually encourage him to act out like a pure juvenile. But everyone needed that 'let loose' feeling, life was too suddenly ended not to take up the old childish ways to add a bit more. At the same time. maybe there wasn't anything wrong with a casual social environment just to let people have the weight fall away and relaxation to kick in. 

"Well, to be expected! It is a celebration for someone who just woke out of a coma. After a pretty long time being stuffed in a bed at that." The thought alone made his joints feel a bit heavy, he could only imagine what the person who had to go so long without proper use of their limbs would feel. Soreness, occasional lock ups with the constant physical therapy behind it - That is if they didn't use magic. "Haha, it could also just be the fake alcoholic drink making you say that! Give it a few minutes you'll be regretting it is nice to meet me." He joked while taking a quick sip from the glass that settled in his hand. 

A nod flowed from him with ease. "It's a real boost up for the community. Between the criminal being about and the school having a lot of Auror defenses on it, probably has a lot of parents worried and concerned. Much more than the students are at any rate."

@Dalton Chang