Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

Miracles - they happened everyday and in many cases in ways you wouldn't even expect it. He hadn't met the 'Man of the Hour' but there had been bits of information here and there which had only been due to whatever would slip out from the young man who had been dedicated time and energy to finding a cure. Whatever the true cause of the cure had been alluded Alexander and truthfully it was that perplexing state of affairs that had him sitting at the bar counter with a mocktail in hand, deciding to eschew from an actual drink. His hair had been pulled back into a pony tail, a somewhat formal white button up shirt with tan slacks were worn. That was, after all, the best he could do considering his time and energy had been focused towards other areas that were much more important for him than being fully dressed up. 

With a drink in hand he leaned against the counter and exhausted a brief and tired sigh. "Who would have thought a celebration like this would actually manage to take a bit out of me." It was lightly spoken, mostly intended for himself at the disbelief of it. Typically, he was a social butterfly, yet, today was different as it had been the last few days. While people were celebrating the continuation of life the knowledge of potential death stalked the back of his mind no matter the amount of effort that he had put into trying to redirect it. The people he still had to meet and talk with, the amount of preparation that still needed to be done for others to get ready to cope with the inevitable. 

"Maybe. . . I should get an -actual- cocktail. . .? Nah. Getting plastered probably isn't the best choice in any situation." A light chuckle pressed outwards as his eyes shifted to gaze at the cobalt blue acoustic guitar that leaned against the lower wall of the bar, then the gaze traced towards the stage then back towards the instrument. "To play for the crowds or not to play for the crowds - the ever lasting question of a musician on break." He hadn't been paying too much attention to the surroundings, the place was packed and there had been an equal chance that he would run into someone he knew or a new face to him entirely. 

Bourke ☆ Fourth Year Guest
16 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ He/Him

‘I’d like to hear you play.’ 

The diminutive boy leaning against the bar next to Alexander took a long drink from his glass, sipping through a brightly coloured straw. The drink was a tropical orange deepening to red, held in a frosted mason glass jar and topped with a bright blue umbrella. 
Iggy blinked up at him, pausing for a moment before adding ‘Do you think the guitar is for public use? People can be awfully protective… and you wouldn’t want to be dragged offstage by an angry musician, they’re a passionate lot and that would be quite a scene…’ He seemed to become conscious that he was rambling and pulled himself out of it with a little shake.

‘Sorry. Like I said, I would like to hear you play.’ He gave the older boy a sunny smile. 
The weather was still cold, but Iggy had discarded the thick wool pea coat lined in white fluff over the stool he was sitting on. He wore a loose buttoned cream shirt, navy blue skinny jeans and a number of layered necklaces. None of them were silver in deference to some of the other non-human residents of Tally. Completing the look were a pair of pointy black boots and a sprig of orange blossom in his hair, which was out of season.

"Say what now?" Caught off guard from the sudden voice his eyes glanced around for a moment until he found a somewhat short-looking young male leaning against the bar counter. The way he drank from the glass slapped a smirk on Alexander from the amusement of it. 

The tip of his finger slowly traced the lining of his own near-empty glass for a moment before grasping it within his hand to bring it to his lips and take another gulp from it. "I think every instrument is for public use. Private is just a way to get out the personal feelings but public is that moment you're ready to belt it out with a strengthened resolution. That or just so you can psyche yourself up and the crowd." A small snicker vibrated from him. "Passion is pretty important in 'The Game', without it you can't really pump up your ambition to try and make it. Some folks play to be famous, some just to reach others - and the rare few? Both. Those duality ones have the heaviest passion you'll see." He coughed a bit to jostle his own mind from talking about the thematic of music. 

"I guess I could play a bit. I haven't had the time lately to practice but I don't think I'm really too rusty." He leaned back for a moment as his mind began to wander a bit. "Man, when was the last time I played for a massive audience- Oh right, that major party at the beginning of the school year." A fond sigh puffed out from him as he nodded in satisfaction. "I'll need to pull a song out of thin air to play, probably better to play one I use often. Second nature and all."

Alexander extended his hand out towards Iggy. "The names Alexander, I don't think we've had the chance to really meet."

Did other musicians lend out their instruments so easily? Iggy recalled the stern talking to he’d had as a child when he tried to play his father’s guitar without permission. An instrument was deeply personal, according to Renart, and shouldn’t be handled without permission if one could avoid it. 

But he wasn’t about to argue, in truth he was rather curious how it would turn out should the owner of the guitar make an appearance. 

He nodded thoughtfully. 

‘What sort of songs do you play? I’m not very familiar with folk or country singing… Renart prefers rock or blues. Or do you play a bit of everything?’ He’d never had the aptitude or interest to keep up with music lessons, though he’d tried the keyboard when he was smaller.

‘I’m Iggy, it’s good to meet you.’ He stuck out his hand, straw still between his teeth as he smiled. ‘Break a leg up there.’

"Oh, I play a bit of everything. Blues, various rock genres, pop, and the like. Easy to replicate other songs as covers and add a bit of twist. Your own song is a bit harder but there is a small thrill of knowing it's your own creation. The notes, the words, the effect on you and the possibility of an unknown effect on others that listen in on it." Alexander nodded as if he were in some state of fascination. It lasted only for a moment as his head shook as if to snap himself out of a daze. "I've even done a bit of classical on a piano but that's mostly because I'm trying to learn to play it a bit. I know a few people in the orchestra and the way they wield their instruments and the passion is just. . . Well, it's different from what you expect of artists. There is that sense of pride as well as joy that can only be seen out of those kind of performers." It was hard to describe, something someone had to witness first hand and get an inner 'idea' about it. 

At least that had been what he believed. His hand grasped Iggy's and gave a firm shake as he withdrew it and settled it onto the counter. "Nice to meet you too, Iggy! You know, you have pretty interesting eyes - they remind me of someone." They were similar to Cassandra's in design yet different in the colors that shined deep in them. An eyebrow raised up as he realized that the young man was extremely serious about him getting up there. "Oh, well, okay! Can't say no to that kind of a chance then!" He picked up his guitar and laced the strap around his torso. 

Alexander moved upwards on the miniature steps and began to adjust the pegs on the tail of his guitar while giving a few test strums and repositioning his hands on the fret board. The other moved away from the strings to grasp hold of the mic securely without hesitation or fear, a smile adorned on his face. "Heya, Roo-goers both newcomers and old patrons! Lovely party here, am I right? First off we have to give props to the man of miracles himself - the host of our party - Mister Matthew Belmont. He had been taking too long of a break we didn't know when he was going to start pouring drinks again! But we also know, no party is amazing without good music to up the atmosphere so let's make this a really good celebration, yea?" Confidence exuded from him without a single sweat from his pores, without a muscle being tense as if nervousness were trying to eat away at him. 

This was his element and he had spent more than enough time preparing for things like this, especially impromptu moments. 

As his eyes coursed across the audience he noticed a few performers that often covered background instruments on a nightly basis as he pointed out towards the crowd and beckoned for them to step up. After the individuals had stepped into place he nodded off towards the keyboardist who began the build up as they performed a cover of Lightning (By Alex Goot) . Alexander's voice was strong and stuck to the main verses as they managed to get through the full song adeptly and in-sync. When it ended Alexander gave a deep bow towards the audience. "I'd do more but I didn't fully prepare like usual! But I owe you folks a good set!

He made his way down from the stage and back to his place at the counter and exhaled as if a huge weight had been lifted. "Whew! I never forget the thrill of the moment.

The comment about his eyes made Iggy blush and tug his hair, adjusting his glasses in the vain hope they could hide a little more of the unusual colouring. He hated when people noticed.

‘Hnn- I get them from Cenn. Runs in the family I guess.’ He mumbled, hoping his fringe would flop enough that it would hide the odd hue. They weren’t particular fae-looking as some humans had the same shade, but they were usually peoples’ first clue. 

He was wondering if he should get contacts when he realised Alexander was jumping up on stage, handling the guitar like he’d been born holding it and quickly rounding up more players from seemingly nowhere. His effortless charm with the audience was impressive, Iggy wasn’t exactly shy in a crowd but he wasn’t an especially charismatic speaker either. He found himself watching Alexander for clues before the other boy burst into song. 

Iggy could pick out only a moment or two of stumbling and had to wonder if they had had time to rehearse the song ahead of time. Of course being skilled players, they were able to cover for each other very well. He found himself clapping the beat and mouthing the chorus along with the crowd. 

The song was bright and lively, if not exactly the kind of music you could dance to. It was perfect for the beginning of a party, stirring up the crowd and getting them in a celebratory mood. 

He smiled widely as Alexander rejoined him by the counter, offering him a mocktail he’d ordered for him during the song. Hopefully he liked coke. Most people seemed to. 

‘That was great! Do you know those other people? Are you in a band?’

"Hey, it's no biggie man. I know a couple of people that have eyes that are a mark of their heritages." By that, he meant REALLY a mark. Not simple as 'My daddy held Hazel' or 'My mommy had green eyes!'. Cassandra, for example, held eyes so green that one could swear nature itself took up residence within them and his own were consequently extremely unnatural. Blue was a common trait amongst people but near cobalt-sapphire hues were quite entirely different even amongst Wizarding families. At the very least eyes tend to be ways he now knew people stood out more than how they looked more physically. 

Truthfully, by the time he had hit the stage and played what could barely becalled proper entertainment due to the lack of it being an actual set in his eyes, he had near forgotten the whole conversation or more or less placed it down for another time. All that mattered in that moment had been where his fingers would meet the strings, how quick his ears could pick up those that backed him up for playing on the fly like they held without proper chemistry for the song. The suaveness within his particular style had been developed over time and while he spoke with a sense of awareness the very feeling of being nervous never actually left. He just found new ways to either dismiss it or  steel himself against it depending on the kind of adversaity he found himself in when it erupted. 

Needless to say, they did stumble and picked themselves up as quickly as they could with the chords of the song being played. He had intended to spice up the mood enough as a pre-preformer, the kind of people that would get the crowd revved up for the real show and he was honestly fine with that given that it was a spur of the moment. 

Alexander's hand curled around the drink offered to him as he nodded. "Thank you, thank you! I definitely could use a drink after that, always much more intense than I remember. But that thrill of it all is something I just can't get anywhere else." He glanced back towards the others that had been setting the instruments back onto their stands and cleaning up their person areas. "I know them a bit by face and name, never played with them but during the less party times here I listen to them with their own bands. As for me, I'm actually a soloist not for lack of trying! Just. . . I never actually considered signing up in a band due to life reasons. But I know a lot of muscians and artists so I try for collaboration works for compensation.

It wasn't the full comraderie that a band could develop but it did cut out the possibility of a bad break-up that could end careers or the will to play music. At least with Collaborations it could be temporary and less likely to ruin the friendships. "You could hear a ton of neat musicians here during the week. Granted. . . By then most of us have to run off back to the School Dorms but it is easy to catch a quick moment."

Iggy hadn’t noticed Alexander’s eyes before, but once the young man accepted the offered glass he gave them a surreptitious examination in the bar lights. They were surprisingly blue, but could easily pass for simple contact lenses. He seemed like the type to add subtle little accents to his appearance here and there, though he wore no jewellery. Iggy felt the tension in his back relax a little, sipping carefully at the glass of water he’d ordered.

‘I don’t come here normally… I assumed it wasn’t allowed.’ He ran a finger along the rim of the glass. ‘It’s a little bit loud and I don’t know anyone. … the drinking age here is eighteen, yes…?’ It was hard to keep track of which laws to follow after having been in Europe for so long. He’d been allowed a sip out of his parent’s wine glass since he could sit still at a dinner table, but he had never sought out alcohol on his own or felt the need to.

‘In England, pubs are sometimes family spaces. In Australia I find myself barred from entering without ID, so I assumed…’

"The drinking age is eighteen." Alexander added in a confirmed nod. However, it had been quickly followed up. "But the Roo is a bit different. While they won't offer alcoholic drinks to someone under the limit, they do open up the bar for folks that are at least fifteen years old." It perhaps had been one of the larger points that drew a lot of Students to the Tavern. With a timed curfew and the potential time it could take to travel without use of magic and no license it had become the more over-used hangout spot for many. "You can always grab yourself a fresh pop or quality food - maybe not the best place to study but definitely a good place to work off the stress of school. More so when the exams start flying around the corner like a sparrow.

He lifted up his own glass to take a sip from it, letting the coolness of it be as a relaxing relief. "Ahh. . . Fair enough, you'll find that in the magical community here things are a bit different in a few ways." At least from what he had understood, he hadn't left Australia often and certainly not far or long enough to get caught up in the magical system in other countries. A shrug flowed from his shoulders as he leaned against the bar counter. "I say take a time to test it out here, er, when it isn't so crowded. Sometimes it can be loud but most days it's actually pretty chill here." A smile seemed to stretch across his face naturally. 

"I can introduce you to a few of the workers here. Even give you the details of who to approach and how, some have a uhm. . . Quick swift bad mood if you don't approach them in a very specific way."

Iggy had to wonder how the bar could possibly enforce such restrictions, surely there would be older students ordering alcohol for the youngsters. But then in such a small community it was likely the bartenders got to know the faces. Perhaps there was a form of barrier magic that could prevent younger students from entering after a certain time, or a spell that caused a glass to disintegrate if held in the hands of someone under 18…

He realised he was staring into the distance while lost in thought and blinked hard to recenter himself. Don’t be weird.

He looked up curiously at Alexanders offer of introductions, feeling like there was some crucial context he was missing out on. Was this a bad mood in the usual human way, or were there certain laws in place…? He’d had very little dealings with the Sidhe Courts due to his parents protectiveness, but he knew there were sometimes complicated etiquette to follow and traps to avoid.

Surely that wasn’t a problem here? There were children about! They couldn’t be expected to remember such rules or how many of them would be spirited away each year…? Perhaps they all wore iron, but that seemed unlikely and discriminatory against other students.

‘… I’m not wearing any protective items, if that’s what you mean? No silver, no iron… or did you mean a different sort of approach?’

Alexander's head tilted in a slow curiosity as he watched Iggy, it seemed as if he ended up dazing out ahead of him. Perhaps deep in thought which it had occurred to him by the sound of the conversation that what he had been saying may have been a bit. . . Much? He lifted up the glass to his lips and began to drink from it conservatively as means to buy himself a bit more time to consider his next few words to give a less cryptic sounding response. He took the quick blink as a sign that his attention had been brought back towards a form of awareness. 

Smoothly he took the glass from his lips and lowered it down to let it sit on the counter top. Though the response was something that caused a small smiling smirk to breakthrough and curve at the edges of his lips. "Oh, Merlin - no. At least I don't think so beyond certain kinds of jewelry some people may end up wearing." No silver or Iron. . . It was definitely a specific thing to be worried about which clicked in his own mind on the reasons why he opted to wear only certain kinds of metals to avoid that ever-so bad effect it could have on Fae heritage. "What I mean is that some people just get generally touchy about how their approached or addressed. Even if it isn't really 'bad' it maybe bad to them." Eyes darted around the room for a moment as he tried to spy a perfect subject to give an idea. 

That's when his gaze shifted to the raven haired woman that had been further behind the bar. She'd been in the process of mixing up the various drinks that had been flooding out this evening and from the looks of it she had been doing it with ease and speed despite the large amount of numbers when it came to the patrons on this auspicious day. "That woman over there, behind the bar? She works here and her names Mish. She's generally a bit rough at first but she'd cool people, knows how to handle the guys that tend to flock and catcall her. Probably with a strong fist in the face." He snickered lightly at the thought. "Anyways, her main thing is she'll be cool with you as long as you're upstanding. Except if you use her full name. . . Never -ever- call her Michelle. Hate is. . . Too mild of a word of how she feels about that."

‘Wouldn’t it have been better not to tell me her name at all, then?’ His tone wasn’t accusatory, spoken more as a theoretical. ‘But I’ll remember that- Misha…Right?’

He’d never been very good with names. Faces were easy to remember but he’d somewhat been trained to forget names almost as a courtesy. Some tended to stick, since his parents had conflicting views on the use of names, but others were gone like water. 

It shouldn’t matter with people anyway. Middle names existed for a reason. 

‘It’s a pity such men exist near a school of all places.’ Iggy scrunched his face. It looked like the woman was beyond high school, but still, couldn’t children be left in peace without fear of distasteful behaviour? ‘Surely in a town full of witches there would be a spell…? A hex? … something?’

He was showing his ignorance. Iggy wasn’t really familiar with magic, despite having grown up with faeries. There was a difference between the natural environmental magic people just breathed and the formal business with wands and incantations. His hair could sometimes sprout water lillies and irises, but he couldn’t control it or even predict when it was going to happen. Likewise certain magical creatures and beings could just make things happen without a specific spell attached to it.

"Maybe, but what if you come in one day and someone who doesn't care about it calls her name, right? But you don't catch the spark that flies from her because maybe. . . I don't know, the vision is obscured or the noise suddenly grows louder? Coincidences and such like that happen all the time. Usually how we can find ourselves in a pretty bad situation." At this point he wasn't sure if that had been more due to his own experience in general or if it had purely been just something he'd grown to expect in a world where misunderstandings could easily float through.  "Mish, If it helps you can do kind of a rhyme with it. Can relate to Wish. Wish-Mish.

He had hoped that would at least be a good start to helping. Then again he wasn't sure if Ignatius would grace the Roo again anytime soon after this little gathering. 

A hand weaved through his hair as he laughed softly. "Yea, but what do you expect? Bars tend to draw that kind of sort. At least the Roo is classy enough to make sure they let the patrons know none of that will be acceptable." At the very least with Mish around at the bar they'll end up learning one way or another. There had been a small amusement deep inside about that prospect. "There are plenty of hexes that could be used but that wouldn't really be a good thing. While the Roo is a host to the magical and the interesting, we can't be too sure a Muggle won't pop in. A few who may actually know the true nature of this place but also those unwittingly so. As much as it maybe a bad habit usually the best way is to show them you won't take that kind of behavior.

Alex did show a small smirk afterwards. "Though what isn't witnessed can't be blamed. If the person ends up getting hexed whose to say where or whom it came from? May have been their own bad luck in general!" Now his inner Spencer had been showing. 

The mention of hexes and curses made Iggy laugh, so much so he surprised himself and had to readjust his glasses. Without realising it, Alexander had hit upon something rather familiar to him. How many times had he witnessed a pixie stealing someone’s train coins or pulling out their earbuds? His own father was particularly fond of the five dollar bill that kept fluttering out of reach. Sometimes the small annoyances were the most effective.

‘That sounds like the voice of experience~’ He grinned up at him, eyes twinkling. There was nothing he liked better than an adventure, though he hardly expected Alexander to pull something out of his hat right that second. He liked him. He seemed like it would be fun to be around. 

‘It seems like this place would cause all sorts of mischief.’ He considered the crowd, wondering vaguely if there were any adults even watching. ‘Most of the teachers I’ve known watch their students like a hawk… a wicked person might feel their fingers itch when left alone like this.’

He was teasing. Mostly. Pranks were all in good fun as long as nobody got hurt and he certainly wasn’t the sort to start anything… only finish it. Really, he was appealing to whatever wild nature Alexander might possess. Iggy couldn’t do anything on his own.

"Why, I have no idea what you mean!" He stated coyly. 

Eyes shifted away as if to try and deny the obvious about the experience. An intentional tell at that. His gaze lowered towards the glass in his hand as he smirked. "Oh, in so many ways and several already pop in my head. The classic love potion is always in style. Even more so with this many targets! It's practically salivating." A chuckle escaped from Alexander as he shrugged lightly. "I'm practically on the watch list just for being a Spencer. But that just means when the time gives itself up I need to make some big gigantic waves."

Magical tricks, unfortunately, were far out of his capability to perform without the risk of something worse exploding. The idea of having a brief partnership while they trolled the packed tavern became much more appealing, more fun when you had others that agreed with it. "Maybe it's time that this party had a bit more of a spice to pump it up. I can't ignore my house sake with such a juicy morsel layered in front of me like this.

He leaned against the side of the bar and lowered his head in thought at the various pranks that could be pulled, some ranged from harmless to a bit of injury. Though anything could hike up the intended effect's 'destructive path' of sorts based on reaction of the potential targets. 

A thought then crossed his mind as he hummed and the illuminated hue of his cobalt eyes reflected back at him from the near empty mocktail glass. "Ahahaha. . . Yes, that could be good. Pretty juvenile, a low tier prank at best. I'd probably shame my niece with this idea. . ." The tip of his finger touched the edge of the glass with a nod. "It's a pretty cliché thing but adding a bit of glue to the glasses of the patrons. They may just have grabbed some hard drinks and be sloshed enough that they could give themselves quite the smelling and chilling booze bath.