Illuka Wenz

Cleaning up

Professor Teaching Staff Aeoles
40 year old Pureblood Human ☆ He/Him

Luka stood there silently for a moment, looking out the door both ways and nodding. He was going to be judged so hard should anyone find out what he was about to do. Taking his place at the front of the class he grabbed his stereo and put in his favorite cd, the Fantasia Sound Track, now was time to do one of his favorite cleaning past times. The moment the song started up his hands were raised, brooms flew from cupboards and seemed to dance about, sweeping in time to the music.

This was a guilty pleasure of Luka's cleaning to Fantasia, it gave him a chance to recreate one of his favorite scenes in the movie, his favorite movie...honestly, one of only a handful of movies he's seen. He danced about, directing the brooms with flourishes of his hands, humming to the music, the man oblivious to the world around him. He knew it was dangerous to do it in school but this one time, the only time he's done it here, should be safe he rationalized. Hoping beyond hope in the back of his mind that no one walked in he kept cleaning, getting mops and buckets out now.

Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

Alexander hadn't been in Wandless Magic since he had dropped it with the last Professor - the entire reason behind taking it being shot in the foot upon certain revelations. The truth of it all had been currently it was a lot more of a risk than he was willing to take, if only to avoid DADA and Elemental Magic fiasco's. He couldn't manage another practical course without suffering a massive hit to his grades. His reason for being in the area? He was just passing by on his way towards the Spencer Common Room until the sound of music seemed to vibrate from a room and into the halls which was only seconded by the brushing chorus of brooms that seemed to work in a tempo. 

He'd always held a ear for music of many different varieties, catching a tune in the air was more second nature for him than using magic in the most basic of manners. As he leaned in the doorway with a guitar case in hand he watched the symphony of the janitorial chorus - as he'd aptly name it. What else would one call the systematic motion of cleaning with this kind of a collection? With his head tilted towards the side a single hand delved into the pocket of his trousers while the other gripped tightly onto the handle of his instruments case for security. 

"You know, you might end up missing a spot that way. Wait. . . I think I see several missing already!" It was a brief joke that held a small smile to accompany behind it. "But at least it isn't hot so no sweat breaking, right?

He stopped and lowered his hands quickly, the brooms and mops falling to the floor, "Bugger all." He yelled, a flick of his wrist and the music stopped, his face flush with embarassment. Looking at Alex he laughed, "Oi Bunji, caught me with my pants down huh." He laughed at this and looked about, "Class got a bit messy last lesson and figured I would clean it up...You won't say anything about the display will you?" He smirked, the large man was intimidating looking, yes, but his face showed he was one of the kindest souls you would ever meet.

He looked at the new mess and flicked his wrist again, a slight twist to it this time, the cleaning supplies went up and away. Rolling his sleeves back up Luka looked Alex over, "Don't believe I've met you, you're not in any of my classes mate...How come?" He stepped from behind his desk and looked the boy over, "Got a look about you, look like you could do some of the wandless magics if you were to practice."

Holding out his hand he flashed a wide smile, "Names Professor, never get tired of saying that, Illuka Wenz,...Either call me Professor Wenz or Luka since you're not in my class." With a grin he made a motion, pulling twochairs closer, "What's your name friend?"

Alex's hand shifted from his pocket as he waved it up in the air as a form of surrender. "Woah, hey, I didn't catch anyone with their pants down. I don't think the wife would appreciate at that too much." He stated casually, he wasn't in the business of busting people anyways for having a bit of fun in their downtime. Or even just handling whatever messes had been attributed towards the constant traffic of students all day long. "I don't know nothing, I don't see nothing. Besides, I doubt the Headmaster would mind anyways. He's a pretty relaxed kind of a guy.

His oddly blue eyes glanced over the mess that had collapsed for a brief moment before the man's wrist twitched once more to shuffled the supplies back into place. "Oh, no, I hand it earlier in the year but had to drop it due to circumstances." He didn't entirely comment on having the 'Talent' for the wandless magic, it was a reminder of everything had been learning about himself since the start of the year. "At the moment I'm kind of a uh. . . Academical hazard with magic. Health reasons and all that jazz." Partial truths, as much as what was in his file at any rate. 

Hand extended out to grasp hold of Luka's firmly as he nodded towards him with a bright and widened smile of his own. "Alexander Winfield, from Spencer House. I'm also the little brother of the Librarian. So, there's that fun." He laughed briefly while making his way over towards the chair to sit down after it had been pulled closer. "I was actually assigned to Wandless magic by the Headmaster to test a bit on my very er. . . Uneven magic proficiency issues."

"Right on you brother." He laughed once more, his deep friendly laugh, and sat down in the chair, ruminating over what alex had said. With a nod he summoned over an apple, "You say you're a hazard, how do you know that? I've been told I'm a hazard, dangerous, rely on wandless magic too much...Bah on that. I don't like the feel of a wand, restricts my magic, I only use it for when I need to be precise." He held up the apple and tapped it with a finger, turning it into an orange, "Dunno why the suck ups seem to think I like apples." He laughed and tossed the fruit to Alex.

"Your brother, the librarian, never met him, I teach my own style of wandless magic...no need for those fancy books, a bit wild, a bit manky, I just do as I please." He pulled his wand out, looking it over, "Didn't get this till I was about fifteen you know, grandfather showed me how to do magic without." Setting it on the desk he studied Alex, "Now, how are you uneven, have you tried doing magic your way?"

The wizard stood and stretched wide, "Now, show me something, focus on the magic in you, wind it to your will...Bend the magic, don't let it bend you." He held up his palm a small orb of blue fire appearing, "Magic is wild, it's alive, it's an animal that needs to be tamed." He shook the fire away and clasped both hands, "Expecto Patronum." He spoke the words with a calm tone, a Kookaburra appeared in his hands when he opened them, "Tame the beast inside of you, don't be afraid of it...Fear, that's the enemy, don't be afraid of the magic, if you are...well, the spell will get away from you." He released the patronus and it flew around the room a few times before settling on his shoulder.

"Aaaah, I think our two definitions of hazard might be a bit dangerous." Alexander laughed weakly, his eyes focused on the apple that had its form shifted into an orange.  His arm raising up so that his hand to catch hold of the fruit, bringing it to both hands after a moment. "Just, you know, a slight difference between a Wandless mishap and a 'A sudden blaze erupting' mishap. Just something that happens really." He offered a short shrug casually, as if the very idea of it hadn't bothered him. It was more due to a better understanding of why's and what's behind it that gave an eerie 'comfort' in knowing it wasn't within his technique or style. 

A small snicker escaped from him, imagining Adele as a male. That would be a kicker imagery that he'd try to keep from his mind, if only to prevent the woman from foraging through it. "Sister, She has a very high love for books on a scary level. Very, very tough rules with how to handle books and making sure they're in the same quality as you've received them." Rubbed the back of his neck as his head tilted towards the side, trying to find the proper words to speak. "Ah. . . It's less about doing it my way and more of stuff just tends to happen even when that wasn't the intention. Even if the motion is proper just. . . A different effect occurs that is often not related.

Alex blinked several times as he watched the man stand up - Was he trying to instruct him? Fingers traced through his raven-locks in a slight amusement. "Oh, I know magic theory! That willpower and confidence breeds in a stronger spell, as well as wand compatibility. That and how magic is an ever present wavering presence inside waiting to be tapped into. I've had to fall back to scholarly pursuits and focuses for reasons." He leaned back into the chair as his arms crossed against his chest loosely. "More than one reason I have to be careful with magic and all."

Luka snapped hard, "Sister, really need to meet more of the teachers and staff...I mostly spend time here or in the bush, more at home there than anywhere else." He looked at his books, they were ragged, torn and well read, "Don't tell her about my books, from the sound of it, she will come down on me like a tornado." He laughed at this and studied Alex, he wasn't sure why but he wanted to help this boy, and he was going to find a way.

The Kookaburra faded and Luka nodded, "Honestly, forget everything you know about magic, that's my first lesson here, I rarely use a wand, forget that stuff too." He held up his wand and nodded, "Lacewood, good for enchantments, I rarely do enchantments." He set it on the table and looked about, "True, willpower and confidence are key, that's basic knowledge, but what you might not know, you can be a coward, terrified for your life, and cast a spell that could topple a dragon." He spin his hands, ice crystals forming in the air around them, "It's what you feel at the moment when you cast that is important, you sound like you're afraid of your magic, well, the magic knows." He clapped and the ice crystals turned to snow.

"What you need to do, is sit, talk to your ancestors, learn from them...My family is wizards from way back before the white man came, they were practicing magic for generations, I learned so much from them." Looking Alex over he nodded, "I would offer you ways, but I don't think the school would appreciate if I did." He laughed and looked at the ceiling, "But I recommend that you sit down, go out to the bush, find a good rock...you're a musician, play alone, find good music leads to spirits." He smirked at this, "Play you a good song, listen to what they say, learn from them, you can't learn much from me from this."

"Tell her? I'd be scolded for not bringing it up to her sooner than when I found out! I'd be in equally the same amount of trouble." He snickered as he rubbed the back of his neck with a slight shake of his head. As anal as she could be about books that was a rare passion to hold in a lot of librarians, something he managed to admire. "I'm surprised most of you teacher's don't hang out and pow wow or something. There are a lot of you that are uh. . . Eccentric - yes." The scholarly way to say 'Weirder than two peas in a pod on a winter day. 

"I'm always fearing for my life, Prof." He spoked jokingly, maybe it was a bit morbid. He had to remember that Cassandra didn't entirely approve of his more 'Macabre' humor when it came to his unique health situation. "Wand woods don't really do much for me currently - More specifically - I don't actually have any capability to bond with any that I have come across." Of course, being in a position where blood rejected the ties of magic in more ways than one probably played a major role in that situation. "Afraid? Well, more so afraid for the safety of others." The nail of his index finger scratched just above his right eyebrow against his forehead. 

He chuckled a bit at the spiritual nature behind the explanation. In Alexander's eyes it was the actions of his 'Ancestors' that caused the issue in the first place, other than it being a factual reality. "Oh, no doubt! Music is a type of healer that most don't even know. It has the potential to wake a man in a coma from pulling on the strength to just listen in on the melody, it has the power to ease the aches and pains of a child stuck on a hospital bed for one reason or another." That much he experienced personally which held a stronger bind on to him and his reasons for continuing to play music. "But I'm pretty sure half of my ancestors won't ever answer me. They tend to be the mean type of folks."

Luka smirked and clasped his hands, "There are always two sides to every coin." He nodded and pulled his wand out, spinning it a coin materialized in the air, "One side, might not like you, might not get along with you, or even agree with you." He flipped the coin, "But the other side, they will be there, they will listen and help you, guide you." He smirked and tossed the coin to Alex, "Always remember this lesson."

Luka stood up and paced the room, an idea struck him and he walked over to his cabinet and smirked, "I got an idea." Pulling out an old book he nodded, "Written by my grandfather, not wandless magic, but then again I'm not your teacher for that." He walked over to Alex and proffered it,  "It's about contact your ancestors, he gave it to me so that I never forget, but I think you would benefit from it more than I will." With asmirk he nodded, "This will walk you through how to get in contact,let you walk with them, learn from them."

"You're the animated kind of person aren't you? Hahaha." A smirk that shined more like a smile drew on his lips as he watched Luka perform another magical demonstration to emphasize the point. Honestly, he wasn't sure how to take this form of lesson when the 'two parts of him' were part of the reason for his current  decay amongst other factors. One of his hands shifted through his hair in  consideration on how to truly answer - of course - every thought came to the same response. "I'll try to keep that in mind. Can't really guarantee it will always pop into mind! But I also can't really make that kind of promise but anything." The most he could ever do is put effort into it anyways, which he assumed had been the point. 

Alexander's eyebrow raised up for a moment as he watched the Professor move away from him and then return with a book in hand. "Say what now?" The tone in his voice was at first a clear confusion while he grasped for the book that had been presented to him. "Ah ha, in time maybe? Have to see what this year and my final year brings out!" If there -was- a final year of school for him, chances had been amounting that this would most likely be it. "Contacting my ancestors? You know, last time I tried to contact someone that preceded me it didn't actually go to well." It was a partial joke on his part. 

Yet with a grain of truth, finding his 'Real Mother' turned out to be a larger let down than anything he had experienced in life, that much was for sure. 

"Are you really sure you should be giving me something like this? It seems pretty important to your heritage - you know to pass on to your own kids." He wasn't entirely sure how to feel holding this book in hand or even if it would work for him in particular. A long hum presented itself in him as he considered the larger dangers behind even attempting it.