Illuka Wenz

Relaxing in the Brush

Professor Teaching Staff Aeoles
40 year old Pureblood Human ☆ He/Him

Luka had to sneak away from the grounds, he was feeling cooped up and the students weren't helping, many wanting extra lessons and tips to be better at wandless magic. He was a professor yes, but the man could only take so much. Now he was sitting on a large rock out near Korrowi Creek, shirtless, paint smeared over his body, a didgeridoo playing loud droning notes. To Luka this was a relaxing afternoon, getting in touch with his blood, feeling at one with the earth. He had a weird feeling though, that there was something out there, or someone.

With a deep breath he focused his magic into the notes he was playing, weaving them into a relaxing tone, trying to dispell the feeling of unease. When that failed he set the instrument down and looked about. He didn't see anyone, bushes, trees, and the creek yeah, not a person in sight. "Oi, Bunji, if you're out there come on, I'm not mad, not bothered, but I am getting annoyed...I have some jerky I can share, maybe some water if you're lost." His voice was smooth, no sign of anything but a relaxed man. Standing Luka stretched wide, "So come on, I don't got all day, I should be returning to the grounds soon...less you're here looking for me for that reason, than maybe I was already heading back....did I have a class today?" He added as an after thought, "Don't think I did."

Narragyambie ☆ Wildlife ConservationistKay
28 year old Pureblood Human ☆ her/she

Keeley had been out and about looking for a small wounded animal she had gotten wind of.  It was not so much an easy task as people might think.  She had a report that it could be this, or it could be that.  Alls he knew was that the creature could fly and it sounded as though it was wailing in pain.  That was enough for the young blonde to get up and move.  She sighed as she moved around the brush.  She honestly had not been paying attention to those around her.  It was not unusual to see Keeley in the brush crawling around, or moving around in order to locate a creature who was injured or scared.  This was not much different. 

It was not until she heard someone calling out that she realized someone was aware of her presence and was calling out to her.  Keeley decided that it was just best to come out and say hello.  ”It’s just me!”  She called as she came out of the brush pulling a stick that had gotten caught in her blonde locks.  ’Sorry I was not meaning to creep around you I got a report of an injured animal in the area and I am pretty sure I heard it over here…”  she said with a sheepish smile.  ”I’m Keeley- I have no idea about your class…”  She said as she smoothed the front of her shirt. 

Luka lowered his hands and smiled broadly, "Injured animal, what type is it, maybe I can help." Looking around him he clasped both hands and looked at Keeley, "Expecto Patronum." He whispered into his hands, a kookaburra formed and laughed a few times, "Oi, buddy, there's something injured out here, find it for me." He smiled and scritched the patronus on the head, "My buddy will look, he's good at finding things."

Looking Keeley over the large man stood for a moment, "I'm Illuka, but everyone here calls me Luka, pleasure to meet you." Kicking the instrument into his hands he stepped down from the rock and walked over to the woman, holding out his hand he flashed a bright smile, "Got a stick in your hair." He commented,   "Oh yeah, I'm the wandless magic professor up the way, pleasure to meet you...wait...I already said that."

Looking up at the sky the large wizard sighed, "So far nothing, Kookaburra hasn't spotted any animal,  a few lizards, but nothing injured."

Why hadn’t she thought of that?  She shook her head at herself.  She supposed she liked to make a mess of her clothes.  At least that had always been what her mother had said.  She smiled at him.  ”I am not sure, I just got a message about a creature that was injured.”  she said as she hummed and smiled at him.  ”they said it could fly.”  she said as she thought about it.  ”I heard something that sounded like it was in pain but its hard to know…”  She sighed.  She watched the wispy bird as it went to search and came back with nothing.  That made her anxious.  She worried about the poor thing. A deep frown on her face for a moment before she turned back to the man. 

Taking the proffered hand she smiled at him.  ”It is nice to meet you.”  She said.  ”I am Keeley I own the Second Chance Ranch.”  she ran a hand through her hair and found the stick he was talking about.  ”Classic Keeley.’  she said as she tossed the stick back to the brush and sighed.  It was a shame.  ”the poor thing probably found a place to hide.  At least I hope it did.”  She sighed her shoulders rose in a shrug as she turned her attention back to Luke. 

”I was never good at wandless magic…”  She said.  She had gone to the all girls shook at the demand of her parents she smiled at him.  ”I drove the professor crazy I think.”  she said as she shrugged once more.  ”Do you enjoy teaching?”   

He nodded and looked at the sky, "Things do like to hide, even more so when they're injured." He looked at her and smiled sheepishly, "Might have been me you heard, I come out and play this every so often, connect to my ancestors." He held up the didgeridoo, "I find it is relaxing, keeps me focused and centered....great for making my magic better." Looking Keely over he smirked, "You know, everyone think's they're rubbish at wandless magic, but it just takes practice, I'm rubbish at magic WITH a wand, never got mine till I was about fifteen."| He pulled out his wand and looked at it, Lacewood, and odd wood type for a wand. "Grandfather made it, or so he told me."

"So, you own the Ranch, I've seen it a few times when I was exploring, bet there are a lot of animals there...seems like such a friendly place." He looked around once more, ears open for anything, "But you said you were hunting a flying animal, hurt...checking low might not have been a wise choice, always check high, even if it's injured they always find a way to get up high."

"You asked if I like teaching, I love it, got hired on the stipulation I can teach my method, not the way they say to do it in books...Much easier to explain the way I was taught, so many less rules...more natural." He nodded and ran a hand over his cheek, smearing some of the paint on his face, "Maybe I can help you too, lessons for someone who wants to better their understanding...first lesson, forget everything you know about wandless magic."

It was the way most animals reacted.  She did the same thing honestly, she liked to hide when she was injured, or sick.  she sighed.  ”I just hope it’s safe.”  she said.  It was the truth, she really did hope the poor thing was alright.  She nodded.  ”Well I was rubbish enough my teacher told me to switch out of the class and take something else, I ended up taking some sort of geography class… it was not much better.”  She said with a laugh.  ”I was always more interested in the magical creatures, and healing classes.”  Keeley felt she was so much better at that.  She really was so much better at that.  

She nodded.  ”I do, there is quite a menagerie there.  You should come by sometime and see.  I take in the misfits so to speak, some have been abused, some have been placed there by the ministry in order to get them out of a bad situation or they are here illegally.  The Magical Creatures classes come sometimes to see some of them.” she said.  ”Oh I already looked high, I didn’t have much luck either.  I think the thing must be bunkered down somewhere.  I’ll leave some charms just in case the thing walks back.” 

There was an offer to help her and she perked up a bit.  She had not thought much about it once she graduated.  She smiled at him.  ”That would be amazing honestly.  I could do something for you in return.  Maybe?  I mean I could give you some sort of magical creature lessons or cook a dinner?”  she had no idea what the food was like at Tally.  ’however you want to trade?”  she offered. 

Luka nodded and sat down on the rock, "Leaving Charms sounds like a good idea, injured animals tend to stay in one area till they are safe." He nodded and pulled out his wand, "Charms are better with wands, let me help." He began to chant in a native tongue, waving his wand about, leaving various charms about. "I left some cage charms,  a few trigger alarms, and a beckoning charm." He nodded and thought for a moment.

"As for what you can give me, don't worry about it, if my grandather heard I were teaching someone outside of the school and charging for it, he would find me and tar me." He nodded and slide his wand away, "I hope the charms work, I'm not good at using a wand much, but it's better for precise charms and enchantments." He nodded and crossed his legs, "He instilled in me a desire to learn, to teach, and spread my knowledge, I only get paid by the school because I have to make a living some how, and it'smuch more complicated then one on one.

He was a rather helpful stranger to run across in the brush.  It was something she did appreciate about most people in Narrie, they were mostly helpful.  Keeley smiled at him and placed her wand back in it’s place at her waist.  ”Thank you.  I hope that any of the charms we left seem to help… you know?  They may just end up expiring.”  She shrugged. That was how it was sometimes with the animals.  They didn’t like to be caged, and if it was a magical creature there was no telling what it was and if it was using magic to cloak it.  She sighed.  ”It can be so unsatisfying sometimes, to not help when you know you can.”  She muttered though it was more for herself than it was for anyone else.   

’It’s still your time you could be using for something else.  Please let me at least make dinner or something?”  She said as she looked at him.  ”I don’t like the idea of not being able to give you something for your time.”  It was a bit of a sore sport for her given the family she came from.  She didn’t like people thinking she took anything from anyone.  She realized his offer was genuine and kind, but she was not about to give anyone the ammunition against her.  Not that she was worried about him, but what others might say about her taking free lessons.  She smiled.  ”Your grandfather sounds like he was pretty important to you and how you have developed your life?”  She questioned.  

Looking at him she motioned towards the trail.  ”I can walk with you back to the school, I have to check in with one of the Bilby Teachers, he asked for me to come give a presentation in his class.”  She said with a smile.  The teacher was a friend of hers they had met several years back and she had not talked to one of his classes just yet.