Eudoxia Miller

The other side

Melbourne ☆ Creative Director Melbourne DanceKay
33 year old Halfblood Human ☆ her/she

Though things were better, it was still work.  Things didn’t just magically improve because they both said they were working on things.  Jason still was not home every night by 6 but it was better than it had been and that was all that mattered.  Doe had at least gotten a little more help around the house, she had hired someone to watch the kids when she was working.  She had needed the time at the studio in order to feel as though things were normal for her.  It was not perfect but it was better.  Nothing in life was perfect.  She had taken Frankie under her wing, she was carrying the next Karras and with Orion Banished to Greece she felt the young woman needed a little support from the family.  Lot was supportive of the idea of helping Frankie and so Doe had been checking in on the girl. Having her over for dinner with the kids. 

Silas loved her.  Silas was also excited about the prospect of another cousin.  Another sibling had also been something he asked about.  Declaring the boys needed to win again.  Doe could only laugh at the logic and wonder how Jason would react when his son told him they needed another boy in the family.  With the help, a third kid wouldn’t be terrible but she was not looking to add to the family so soon. She also didn’t think her husband was keen on another.  He was, however, keen on keeping her happier than she had been since Persephone had been born.  

The trip to the Maldives had been a surprise.  It was a place she had always wanted to go, and it seemed year 7 was the one that would get them here.  They had their private cabana on the water and she had been truly enjoying the past day since they had gotten there.  Tonight they were headed to dinner on the beach with the glowing algae and she was rather excited.  She had finished getting ready but needed his help zipping her dress.  ”Mi Amor?”  She called to him.  ”Can you get my zipper?”

Ministry Head ☆ Head of Magical Law Enforcement - Victorian Ministry of MagicScotteh
38 year old Pureblood Human

Work was still consuming a bit of Jason's time, but it had gotten better within the last couple of weeks. Sure, there were times where he was not home every night at a decent hour, but it was nowhere near as much as it had been before. It seemed as though Doe had finally gotten into the swing of things in her studio, and the hired help sure made it easier on her. She couldn't be stuck at the house all of the time. It was still a work in progress, getting things back to semi-normal, but it was worth the work. Jason never wanted to lose Eudoxia. She was the most important person in his life, outside of their children. 

For their seven year anniversary, Jason wanted to surprise her. He planned it all under Eudoxia's nose. He put his second-in-command in charge at work, rranged for childcare  for the getaway, and booked everything. She'd always wanted to go to the Maldives, and she was going to get it this year. 

Jason sat lounged back in a chair, wearing a pair of khaki cargo shorts, and a button-down white shirt that he left unbuttoned, as he awaited for her to get dressed. When she called out to him, he looked over at her. "You look stunning." He said, getting up and walking over to her. He zipped the dress up, and wrapped his arms around her from behind. "You're going to turn quite a few heads tonight. As you always do."

At one point in time there had been a desire for attention.  Before she met Jason, before she found herself with a family and life that she had not expected.  It was a very good life.  However, the attention she wanted now was that of her husbands, she could care less about the heads she was going to turn.  Honestly.  Letting out a small smile as he complimented her.  ”thank you.”  She said as she leaned back against him. The familiar warmth of him was nice.  Even in the heat.  She had picked a simpler dress for the evening.  They were only going to dinner- but dinner was a nice change when you didn’t have to make it.  Thus far she was enjoying herself.  The Maldives were actually quite magical. 

She leaned her head back as she checked their appearance as a couple in the mirror.  They always seemed to make someone look at them.  ”I do not want anyone’s attention but yours.”  She said honestly as she moved towards the door.  ”Come on we need to go before we miss the reservation and have to wait forever.”  she turned around and went about buttoning the shirt.  ’I like this shirt.”  She said looking up at him.  She was pretty sure it had been one that she bought for him. 

Smoothing the front of the shirt she moved to her tiptoes to gently kiss him before she settled back on her heels and grabbed a pair of heels for the night.  She was not worried about their children, she was not worried about anything for once.  It was a good feeling. 

Ministry Head ☆ Head of Magical Law Enforcement - Victorian Ministry of MagicScotteh

"Would it really be so bad to skip dinner, and go straight for dessert?" He asked, giving her a smirk. And then, as if on cue, his stomach rumbled. "I'll take that as a solid no from my body." He said, laughing. As she told him that she liked his shirt, he looked down at her as she buttoned the last button. "I'd hope so, since yo ubought it. It is quite comfortable. I like the material."" She was always much better at picking out clothing for him than he was. If it was him buying his clothes, it would be mostly band t-shirts and probably shirts without sleeves on them. He returned her kiss, and slid his feet into the shoes he had set out for himself. 

If Jason was being honest, this was nice. Just the two of them like it had been before. He loved his children with all of his heart, but he really missed the fun that they used to have together. He missed just enjoying her company without having to worry about what Silas was getting into and a screaming Persephone.

"Lead the way, my queen." He said, opening the door for her.

She smiled.  ”your stomach is wise.”  She said.  She was a rather grouchy person when she skilled dinner.  She hated to miss out on food in general.  ”We would be so grouchy and ruin a perfectly good evening.”  She said with a small sigh as she looked him over.  ”And you are very lucky that your wife knows how to dress you otherwise you would still be that poorly dressed man I fell in love with.”  She teased.  Though in reality he had dressed just fine before they started dating.  She was not that superficial.  She just liked to make sure she sent him looking his best, and in clothing that wouldn’t need to be washed right away given the fact he sometimes spent more than a day at work.  

It was not too far of a walk.  She liked the private nature of the cabanas and she was happy to have some time alone with Jason.  It felt like forever since they had been absolutely alone.  ”You know when I asked your son what he wanted from the trip he asked me to bring him home a brother.  It old him that was unlikely.”  She said with a laugh.  ”I think a dog would be likely at this point”  and she knew how Jason felt about another dog. 

As they walked, Jason took her hand into his, and swung it back and forth playfully as if they were two kids who had just fell in love. As she spoke, he chuckled at what she had to say. Silas wanted a new brother. Of course, there was no way that was going to happen. Then, she brought up the dog too. Two things that he was very adamant about. He just shook his head. "Well, he's not getting either. We have enough animals and children running around the house as it is. He can have a goldfish." Jason chuckled. "Once Persephone gets older he can make his action figures blow up her dolls. Until then, he'll just have to use his imagination." 

"I don't think we could handle another kid, honestly. Do you? Jason pulled her in close, wrapping his arm around her waist. "Do you want another? He asked, seriously. 

She let out a laugh.  ”Luckily he’s not asked for a new dog.”  She said with a small laugh.  She didn’t really want another dog as well, the one they had lost was hard to replace and Doe was not truly ready for it.  It was amazing how much the animals became the family.  ”He’s got the cat still anyway and they are thick as thieves.”  They always had been.  ”I don’t think he needs anything that needs to be taken care of until he can take care of it himself.”  She said honestly. <p>

”I think we can handle whatever we need to handle”  she said.  She moved into him and she shrugged.  ”Sometimes I think about it….”  She said as she looked at him.  ”But  I think we should enjoy this vacation first.  

"Perhaps you're right on that. He'll have to settle with a cat." Honestly, Jason wasn't sure he could handle getting another dog. His longtime companion dying really took a huge toll on him, and he wasn't quite ready to replace him. Perhaps the cat could be to Silas, what the dog was to Jason. 

As she moved into him, he rubbed her shoulder. "Yes, we should. We don't get vacations much. Or time alone. No work. No children." Jason said, and when they were just outside of their destination, he stopped, turned Eudoxia to face him, and pulled her in close. "I love you." He simply said, before giving her a small kiss. "I always will." Jason then reached into his pocket, and pulled out a box. "I was going to wait until dinner to give this to you, but I just can not wait." He handed her the box, which inside contained a charm bracelet with the birthstones of Jason, Eudoxia, Silas, and Persephone on it. 

”He is quite the cat.”  Eudoxia’s companion before she and Jason started living together the small cat was always a source of comfort.  Sometimes she swore the cat was human.  Something she did make sure of… though she was not sure she should have minded… just a little more boundaries would have been in place. ”They are very happy together, you hear him talking to him as though he was chatting with you or me.  He did tell the cat the importance of lining up the army men as the cat knocked the army men down.”  She had thought it was quite precious.  

’I do like the sound of it…”  No work, no kids… even just a few nights a month would be nice.  He stopped her, and she looked up a bit wary and confused.  It sounded for a minute as though he might tell her something she was not going to be pleased to hear, like that he would have to work doubles for the next three years and wouldn’t see her or the kids.  So when he pulled out the small box she was surprised. Opening it she smiled at the small bracelet.  ”This is really beautiful.”  She said as she looked up at him her hand on the nape of his neck to pull him closer so she could kiss him.  ”Gracias mi amor…”  she said as she looked at it and then held out her wrist.  ”Put it on?” 

"Beautiful, much like our family." He said, smiling at her. As she held out her wrist, he gently put it on her, and brought her hand up to her lips, kissing it softly. "Silas helped. He would be mad at me if I didn't tell you that he did." Jason chuckled. It had been hard for Silas to keep the secret, but Jason had promised him any toy he wanted if he didn't tell mommy about the gift. Judging by her reaction, he kept the secret well. 

He took her hand into his, and then they continued to their destination, finally arriving. The scene before them was just beautiful. The background of the ocean was calming. It would be a very nice dinner indeed. Just Eudoxia, Jason, and nobody else. No children to interrupt. No work calling. Just the two of them. Jason couldn't ask for a better evening. 

Doe smiled.  ”Having a family has made you very corny.”  She said with a smile as she looked over at him.  They had both softened after the kids. In good ways.  It was important for them to be less rigid… at least she was less rigid.  There was a lot of fun she liked to have, but she had these silly rules about things.  Kids had a way of messing all of that up.   ”I know we’ve created a monster.”  she said.  ”I had something on the other day to run to the grocer and he looks at me and says ‘You’re wearing that  She laughed at the memory.  The boy did love his clothing.  Letting out a small sigh she took his hand as they headed towards the hotel restaurant.  The journey they had taken tot his point had felt like more than just 7 years, but somehow, they made it this far.   

They had packed quite a bit into their relationship, there was the whole Malcolm thing, she had been a little terrified then, not to mention the issues with her brother.  She was grateful that Jason had listened to her then, not because she was his wife but because Lot was clearly not guilty.  Then they had lost a baby, it had been devastating for them both.  Now things were not as easy as they had been in the beginning, but that was life right?  They at least still loved one another like they had back then.  ”This place is beautiful.”  She said as they were led to their table on the beach.  It was pretty damn amazing they were here.  ”we should go dancing, we haven’t done that in forever.” 

"Having a family did it? I was almost positive that I've always been this way." Jason said with a slight laugh. In truth, Eudoxia brought the corny behavior out of him. It was part of the whole being in love thing. When she mentioned how they had created a monster, and what he had said, Jason chuckled. "He certainly gets a sense of fashion from you. Definitely not me. I didn't have a fashion sense before you." Which was true. She actually got him really nice clothing to wear. Before her, he would have worn t shirts and jeans to just about anything.

"We really haven't been in a while, have we?" Jason looked around at every thing. "Let's dance right here. RIght now." He said, extending his hand to her.