Sign in to follow this  
Sadrienne

Happy Founding Day!

★ Admin ☆ Tinkerer of Things That Shouldn't Be Tinkered★ Sadrienne
31 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

When we came back, I wasn't sure what we would do about our traditional August 6th anniversary. Was it okay to celebrate that, or should we stick with the November date as our new birthday? Then I realised...

... Why not both?

Happy Founding Day, everyone!

Tally was originally released upon the internet on August 6th, 2006---twelve years ago! Although we had a break in there, it's still a tremendous achievement given that some of you have been around since that first year.

But hey. Before I get into my sentimental ramble, here's some of the new features that we've been working on.

New Skin

This is the obvious one. We've brought back the old forum images from the Jcink site, and tweaked a few things. Mousie finally decided that she doesn't like massive rounded corners. 

Auto Character Lists

The Member Directory has been given some adjustments, including a new tabbed layout. One of the tabs is called "My Characters", and through the magic of code, it collects your characters together and lists them all without you having to link them manually.

To ensure your characters show up, just make sure that your name is listed in the "Player" field of all your character accounts. Simple!

854777112850b82dddcf5107c8cdd94f.png

Auto Thread Tracker

Now.. we know how much Mousie hates updating lists... so we found a way to gather all the threads your character has been involved in, and list that neatly for you too!

The character profile sheets have also been given a fresh new look, and have a new tab called "My Threads". You don't need to do anything here---it will automatically find any content that account has posted in, and list it with the names of all other characters involved, and who posted last!

bad749beb7cf3e4e74d4cfd84737bdcc.png

A new event has spawned!

We're also throwing an IC party! Woohoo! All characters are invited, and you can find out more about The Marvellous Miracle Mocktail Party inside the event forum!

Friendship with benefits!

Tally has always been so much more than just the people who are able to actively play in the community. To that end, we've decided to create a new usergroup for Friends

Friends have a few benefits including full forum access for reading, thread following, and interacting with the community at their own pace. They also have their own Discord role! Players that aren't able to play their characters anymore will automatically become Friends, and anyone with an interest in the site (but lacks the time to enjoy it properly) is welcome to register a friend account.

You can find out more about Friends in the informational topic.

Sentimental Rubbish

You know it's coming, every time. I can't help myself.

Tally has always been important to me, even in the days it wasn't around---it was never far from my thoughts.

In early August 2006, I was a bit lost. I'd not long moved out of home for the first time, and the few friendships I'd made at the uni residence were crumbling as I stopped being able to maintain a facade of being "cool" and started showing my more awesome nerdier side. I missed home, I missed my friends from school, and I missed that sense of belonging that I suddenly didn't have.

Tally was created on a whim. I never expected it to last beyond six months. I definitely never expected to find myself a new community, where I belonged, and where I've made some of the most amazing friendships in my whole life. 

So many hearts and minds have contributed to make Tally what it is today. And I owe all of you the biggest and warmest thank you. For being part of it, for making it more awesome with your presence.

For helping me get through some of the tougher parts of my life. For being my digital family to scream at through Discord, when I'm at work surrounded by idiots.

A few people I like to call out particularly, as always.

Lily. How the crap could I ever even BE here without you? That's all I gotta say.

To the staff, who do such a fantastic job of keeping things rolling. And helping me find my idiot mistakes. You guys are amazing.

To all our members past and present, those we've known for years and those who have only come to us recently: you guys are what makes the community more fantastic each day. I appreciate you so much.

And to those who aren't members, and never have been, but have held my hand at important times. Special shout out to Morrigan from RPG Initiative, who I constantly pester with coding questions and she hasn't blocked me yet...

We've got a lot more fun yet to come, I can't wait to see what happens next!

REGRET NOTHING.

Love,

Your Mousie.

• Love it! 1

✩ Moddies ☆ Professor of Finger Painting✩ Chromatic
28 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

Love you Mousie! 
Tally has been such a huge part of my life, and I can't imagine how I would have turned out if this place haddn't been there. Tally makes me a better person,a nd I love everyone here for it. ❤️

Sign in to follow this