Sign in to follow this  
Lux Hightower

Communication Hours and Hours (Feb. 5th '18)

Repository ☆ HerbologistKay
33 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ her/she

Keira,

It was great seeing you at Tally last week. It makes me feel at east to know my daughter has someone she at least knows and is able to connect with. I only dropped her off a few days ago and it feels like so long. How have classes been i know its not even a week in but you must have some stories already? I happen to be dealing with a rather aggressive vine, so i apologize for the green smudges... just know i have managed to read it Walt Whitman and that seems to have helped it for the time being.

Lux

hi im bacon

(Lux)

Repository ☆ Ancient Runes ProfessorAngie
33 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

Lux,

Hello there! It's good to hear from you again. It's been a busy few days to be sure. We've had to get rid of two invocations after students tried to etch symbols onto their desks. I think they're starting to realize that symbols can be used for magical things, too. This was from a pair of third-years. I don't want to know what the older students can do.

Your little girl has been doing well. I see her every morning and she's always got that smile on her face.

Keira

(Keira)

Keira,

I don't want to know, they can be clever these children. Sometimes i wonder if they are not smarter than they allow us to think they are? At least it was nothing they would have to live with forever, there are some spells with lasting damage. Poor things.

I am so glad, she is like her father in that respect- he is very outgoing. I was always so painfully shy but people often thought i was weird... i liked to read too much. Knew too much about plants. I am glad she is adjusting well so far. I don't want to write her too often and embarrass her.

Lux

hi im bacon

(Lux)

Lux,

These children have been incredibly bright. It seems their intelligence is magnified when they gather in groups. The younger ones seem prone to mischief. The older ones seem actually willing to learn. Or else their mischief is a bit more... subtle?

She seems to be adjusting well, at least from what I can see. I was a lot like you growing up, only I studied languages, not plants.

Keira

(Keira)

Keira,

I can imagine... i have had a few interns from the uni to help with my research. So bright. I am amazed honestly. It can be such a treat with they get something for the first time, that look on their face... I woudl teach if i thought i could lecture.

I woudl think you know, you teach and see them all the time. You can see what it looks like to be well adjusted or not well adjusted.

Lux

hi im bacon

(Lux)

Lux,

When did we get to the point where everyone younger than us had the ability to be smarter than us? And we're still young!

Trust me. There has been many a consoling hug for those first and second years still missing their mommies.

Keira

(Keira)

Keira,

I am still trying to figure that out. It must be something about the way parents push their children. though- i've never pushed it my kid however, like me, she would crumble under me and her teachers pushing her. That and she already exceeds my expectations.

Oh bless the poor things

Lux

hi im bacon

(Lux)

Lux,

That's the strange thing. Most parents think their children are absolute strength. Not all of them are. Some of them still need that parental nudge.

Kiera

(Keira)

Keira,

I think to consider them as absolutes is never in their best interests. I still push of course i want her to be independent and find what makes her happy, but too much... is too much. School is hard enough, not to mention we moved countries... a lot of change for two people who do not take to it well

Lux

hi im bacon

(Lux)

Lux,

And starting a new school may be the most difficult thing of all. Luckily most people her age are friendly. They haven't quite gotten to that girly catty stage that girls are wont to do.

Kiera

Keira,

I do dread the day they do turn catty... i can only hope they do not cause too many issues... or that my daughter does not turn out to be a mean girl, but i suppose anything is possible.

Lux

hi im bacon

Sign in to follow this