Frankie Oliver

how do I...

Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

"Mmm. . . Fair. I mean, in your position I questioned that a lot regardless of 'how it seemed'." After all, who was he to say it was even her own mother that did such a thing? His own mother didn't place him at another persons doorstep, in fact, it was someone who hadn't even been related by blood. He did have to take into consideration the woman had a plan already in place for a 'what-if' scenario, but even then. . . It was the care he preferred than that of what his mother proposed. "Knowing you're better off doesn't stop the thoughts or wondering, it's probably why they try to give you the best life that they possibly can other than the fact that they care about you. You know, kind of finding that way to outweigh the good you have with the unknown bad that lingers." He wasn't even sure if there was a true way to balance that, in his case when he found out it felt as if he should have never known in the first place. "Hahaha, to be fair, I'd be frustrated too! Can you imagine one of the people you treasured running away? Never knowing if you'd actually see them again? It can be a rough thing, I imagine." Not that he was in that situation. 

He was in a kind of situation like that, but not entirely exactly. "That's good that you'll never give your child up. It means you have a stronger resolve than most and I'm pretty sure you'll be a pretty good mother." She was doting enough to know that she needed to make changes in herself, he had no second guesses about the quality of parent that she'd grow and amount towards. A chuckle followed suit from Alexander, "I heard that dark chocolate releases a chemical in the body that can help with it. Kind of like a happy trigger of sorts, may work out as an antithesis against anxiety. No reason not to try it, right?"

The young man couldn't help but reply first with a snorkeled snicker. "I'd say the type of daughter you are, is one that probably make your father's more proud than you might think~." It seemed that way anyways, the way they had taken to focus on her and tried to do their best to raise the young woman. "A few choices don't change that kind of perception easily." Some parents would have kicked their kids to the curb, instead they chose to rally around her and stand as a family. That was impressive and admirable in every way that he could consider. 

"Oho? It would? Well, looks like you'll need to be kept on your toes then! Have to keep your skills sharp!" Not that he would know the first thing about keeping a fashionista's skills sharp and tuned. "Yea. . . Time. . " The tone of his voice shifted the air about it lingered with a somber presence, truthfully he didn't think 'time' was anymore of a friend now then it was the last few years for that endeavor. What little time would have been more appropriate to his him, of course, he didn't have it in him to lay that kind of a thought-filled burden on to a woman nurturing a hopeful life inside. 

"So, when is the due date?" Alexander decided to ask to quickly distract his own thoughts. 

Melbourne ☆ Apothecary CashierKay
17 year old Pureblood Human ☆ her/she

Frankie was not so sure she would be a good mother.  She was 16, she was still immature and selfish.  She thought about things in terms of how they effected her.  The whole situation with Alex had been her being upset because he didn’t tell her things.  He didn’t owe her anything… she just thought he did.  It had not been her finest moment.  Of course she had also been highly hormonal along with being a selfish person.  She looked at him and shrugged.  ”thanks I hope I am.”  She sighed.  ”You should see Orion’s sister she is like super mom… Its terrifying to think I may not be half as good as her, I don’t exactly have a mom to model things after.  Not that I needed a mom… I just know how to be a good dad,”  she said with a small laugh.  ”I think that is why I have spent so much time with Orion’s sister. She is about as close as it gets for me.”   

”Well, I suppose I can find a way to have some at some point.” She said of the chocolate.  It was something she wouldn’t mind trying, and if it worked, it worked.  If it didn’t she was no worse off than when she started.  Letting out a small sigh she looked at alex and shrugged.  ”Maybe.  It would be nice if they did think that about me… but honestly I have no idea what they think, especially now.”  She looked at him and sighed.  She wondered if they felt cheated because she was such a mess at the moment.   She didn’t really need to be worried about it now.  Alex had far more important things he dealt with. 

”December 1.”  She said ”Its getting close. But I feels so far away too.” 

"I think you're missing something pretty important to be a good dad." That could be left open for any kind of interpretation, however, he chose to guide it. "Dad jokes, you need the worse possible dad jokes in history. And, I'm sorry, women just don't have a brain for that kind of a well." A faux dejected look formed accompanied by a sigh to try and sell the downtrodden expression. "It's always good to learn - at least to pick up little talents and traits you feel would mold you into a better Mother. Just remember that it's still your walk regardless. You're going to have to change it up and make it yours - learn with the mistakes that you will make and don't be too harsh on yourself about them." This was coming from a perspective that he had hoped to nip in the bud any form of doubt that may end up in her mind when trials come up during the raising of her child. 

His eyebrow raised up and a smirk turned upwards on his lips. "Plan to buy a bunch and store them in some secret hide away for you to get at easier later?" It was all in a jest but the idea that it could actually happen hadn't escaped from him. "Not even a bit of an idea of how they must view you? I mean, I bet they practically threw a party in relief once you managed to get back." Then his eyes narrowed slightly and he couldn't help a weak chuckle that slipped out. "Before they probably scolded you and told you that you shouldn't have done it and didn't need to do it."

Alexander at least understood that whether she 'needed to do it or not' was a moot point. She had felt the need of it in her own mind and actions and it would always be something that was right for her. "At least it'd be a baby in a pretty good time of year. By then everyone is ready to break out the hard earned and saved up cash for the Christmas and other similar holidays. Your kids going to be rolling in the presents left and right - no one's going to have a real excuse! Hahaha."

Melbourne ☆ Apothecary CashierKay
17 year old Pureblood Human ☆ her/she

Frankie looked at him and felt like going off on a rant.  ”That’s what you think.”  It was a bit childish, but at the same time it was what she had as a comeback.  She shrugged.  ”We’ll see anyway.  If nothing else my dads have some of it handled….”  She didn’t want them to raise the kid, that was not her statement but they at least had been through it before.  That was sort of the whole thing about parents… they knew better.  They always did and they had to let you make your choices.  She had made a few bad ones, but she was at least back on track for now.  Or so she liked to think anyway… as on track for a school drop out as she could be anyway.  At least she was working… though she didn’t really make money, it all went back into the bank account her parent shad set up and were very closely monitoring. 

She didn’t blame them, she took out money before and hid it, as she and Orion were prepping to go.  Letting out a small sigh she nodded.  ”I get scolded quitter a bit these days, mostly about how I make poor choices, though they really aren’t wrong… I do make poor choices.”  She said as she looked at him.  It had been a strange day anyway.  Taking the ice cream, she shifted and moved to a table.  The walk had gotten to her a bit- that and her ankles were huge at this point.  It was not fun, at all.  Letting out a small laugh as she sat she shrugged… ”Well, that is something anyway…”  she said of the chocolate.  She was not sure if he would try it, but maybe…

”I just hope they don’t feel as though they missed out because of Christmas and all that…”  She said.  ”I had a friend who was bron in December and hated it because of combined presents… I don’t want to do that but I can see how one might want to do so to save a bit of money… Make a big gift purchase and all that,…”  She supposed when it came to the first car, and things like that.  Orions brother had land and horses for the kids, she supposed this kid would get a horse too at some point… that seemed to be Mr. Atlas’ gift of choice. 

Alexander's head slightly tilted towards the side with an 'are you serious?' expression shaped on his face. He then shook it as laughted flooded from him. "Really? Here I expected much more sass!" He said with a prodded tease. "It will probably be that way for a bit I bet. Though if you look at it this way, all that help they're giving also means you have that time to get into school or a university and not have to worry about if you have proper care for the kiddo." That was the benefit of family for all the ups and downs, the crazy landslide of revelations. They were supposed to be there for one another when the chips were down, while it didn't always turn out in such a way he knew that she had the supportive type that wanted to see her excel. 

"Oh, that speech. HA! Yea, I've been getting that one left and right like you wouldn't believe." He could make a long list of things people had adamant been against and that could only be counted amongst the things that they -did- know or had found out about. While somethings were done on a whim through one reason or another there were the other things that had been done out of what he viewed as the only alternative or proper route. Alex opted for a double scoop of cotton candy ice cream and then made his way to sit across from Frankie after helping her sit down with one hand. "Hey, all I'm trying to say is don't be too severe on some judgements." There were reasons he could see why things were tense for her and those involved and he had hoped it'd all blow over eventually. 

"Huh, yea, I actually didn't consider all that." Eyes squinted while he took a careful lick from the top scoop of ice cream. His mind ran about various possibilities or scenarios that could end up making a person feel more 'aware' about what people had chosen to do with a birthday so close to a holiday where gifts were offered. "Well, at least gifts would be for certain? There is that stability in knowing at least that. Just hope that they don't see quantity of a gift but quality, right?" Personally, he had never been one for gifts and whatever he had gained suited him finely. But that was a choice that he had made personally.