Frankie Oliver

how do I...

Melbourne ☆ Apothecary CashierKay
17 year old Pureblood Human ☆ her/she

The news of the pregnancy had led Frankie to run.  Actually it had been a choice for the pair of them.  Orion and Frankie ran.  It had seemed like a decent idea at the time.  They had made it pretty far… they had plans to just live and not deal with the fact they had managed to be teen parents.  However what they had not expected was that they would be followed and then found by his father.  She had not left much by way of notes, they had just ran, and she had not returned to school.  It had not been the best idea, especially considering her family had decided she would not return to school.  Not that she minded, she didn’t really want to return to school.  The baby itself was a bit of an issue.  She didn’t know how Tally would have handled it anyway.  Like most things right now- it was for the best. 

That however, didn’t mean she was happy with the solution.  Right about now she wanted to be asleep in her bed.  She was tired all the time now.  The only thing she was happy about was she could sit for right now.  Orion had been sent to Greece to live with his grandparents.  So he could focus on everything he needed to focus on.  His sister and brother had been helpful to her however.  His older sister often checked in on her and wanted her to know that she was welcome to visit anytime.  She had even offered to take her in.  Her father’s were not thrilled with her but they were not about to let her out of their sight again. 

She yawned as she stood behind the counter, it had been a relatively boring day- not too many customers, and those who came in had about everything to offer in way of advice or speculation of the baby’s, gender.  She was just 5 months along at this point but the bump was starting to look more like a bump and not bloating.  She missed Orion.  Sher missed her friends, but she didn’t necessarily know how to talk to them about what happened.  Where she went and why.  she drew shapes on the counter absently.  The bell chimed and she looked up to see a face she had not seen since April.  She looked down to collect herself before she greeted him.  ”Hi Alex.”  She smiled.  In spite of everything she was happy to see him.  Even if he wasn’t happy to see her. 

Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

Things hadn't been adding up towards the 'positive' note for him, not for quite a while now that he had time away from others to just think through everything he had to endure. There were plenty of stuff he still couldn't even believe had been in actual existence and learned more about people that he was probably better off being ignorant about. Knowledge, it could be a very dangerous and damning presence and he was given a bit of a taste of what he had put a few people through his 'admission of truth' about his not so healthy countenance. Even if the very extent of what it was had to be kept as a larger secret and purely for the safety and comfortability of other people in his life. 

Today was intended to be awkward one, at least for him so far that he had known. He had started early in trying to figure out a proper compound for at least 'easing' the issues with his state of existence and by connection the fate that awaited for any male that came from a line of his Mother's people. He had ran out of fresh rowan and needed more to see if it could be concentrated enough to assist in application for a more 'spiritual' wound - something that couldn't be managed outwardly in the flesh. 

It had landed Alexander at not only the Apothecary he knew of but also perhaps the only one he could feel he'd trust. Before he had entered there was a bit of anxiety that welled up inside, he had worried where Frankie had been - if she'd be inside or not. He had inhaled a deep and brief breath before pushing inwards where his odd-cobalt hues settled on the person he had felt anxiety over seeing first. Not from any dislike but it was just one of those things that tended to well up within after some time apart, that gap of uncertainty on how things would go. 

"Hey there, Frankie, didn't expect to see you! . . . In. . .Your own home. Haha" He rubbed the back of his neck as he approached the counter not aware of her condition until he made it there and could see the formation of the bump along her abdomen. "Woah, I. . . Didn't know. Congratulations?" He wasn't sure if she were happy about it, it certainly was a different kind of work and life altering existence than he would have even guessed at, but it did put a few pieces of the puzzle that lingered together. "How are you holding up?"

She was just as anxious.  The truth was she had run because she knew what her family would think.  They had not been happy, and they had been even less happy with her and Orion skipping town and ending up elsewhere.  It was not as though she wanted to be a teen mom.  Now she would be and she was finishing up school with some correspondence.  What happened next she was not sure about.  She smiled at Alex however, in spite of everything she was still happy to see him.  She had felt rather lonely the past few months.  With Orion gone, her only visitors were his older sister who was rather kind to her, brought the kids over and they seemed ti like Frankie, and honestly her dads were enamored with the dark haired Greek… she had been a ballerina they were familiar with. 

”Thanks.”  She said as she looked down at the bump and she shrugged.  She was less happy abut the things that has come with this revelation, Orion being banished to Greece.  Her being forced to leave school and work at the Apothecary.  ”If it makes you feel better, no one knows.”  She said honestly,  It had not been something she had told anyone.  She didn’t want anyone to know what was going on.  She knew her dads would look for her.  She left them a note to not worry but they worried.  Of course. 

”I am okay…”  She said though she was sort of okay.  She smiled to sell it.  ”How are you?  How is school?”  She asked out of curiosity.  She looked at him and smiled.  ”I am really glad to see you.”  She said honestly.  ”Things kind of happened really fast.”  She said by way of explanation.  Sher had then not been sure how she was supposed to address everything. 

It seemed as if Frankie was in good health, as one could be carrying about a baby and probably dealing with all of the issues that come from it when having to deal with schooling and parents. Admittedly, he was more surprised to see her working as a Cashier but at the same time it seemed like an attempt by one or both of her fathers to start her on a different track of provision. The tip of his fingers tapped against the countertop in thought while his head shook lightly in an attempt to stay as modest as possible. "You don't need to thank me. And not really~, I still feel shocked." The usual smile that embraced his face grew with a light laughter to accompany it. 

"There are just. . . Somethings you just don't or can't go around telling people about. That much I get, someone may not understand or take it to mean something that it doesn't." Both of his hands pulled from the counter and pressed into the depths of his jacket pocket. "The important thing really is if you feel you have your support system worked out and if they're positive enough for you to not stress out about too much. That and having cravings met no matter how crazy they may sound - Might find yourself with a pickles and ice cream feel.

Not that he expected that, he's heard rumors but has never seen such a drastic craving. 

"I'm. . . Alright, It could always be worse." It was more so a lie he told himself enough that he had to sell it to others. Nothing had truly been 'alright', Things before April were already bad and April just made the tipping point of everything roll down even faster in an avalanche of issues. "As far as school goes I'm not doing as well as I hope to in certain classes but hopefully that will change soon." That was something that would change one way or another, either in something unexpectedly good or forebodingly bad. "Though, I am glad to see you too. Missed seeing you around school or even outside of it and all.

Maybe it was a twist of fate, he was told to 'Make peace' with those he considered closest to him. It seemed more than coincidental at this point - in this moment. "I hope you didn't think that having a kiddo would mean I was going to let you give up on your dream. You can start making baby fashions and work your way up as the years go by!"

Frankie nodded.  It had been a long time, she felt like a lot had happened and since he was here, it was not like she would be doing anything out of the ordinary, not to mention she was a slightly embarrassed.  Mostly because she had become her mother.  Her Biological mother anyway.  The one thing she did like about Orion’s sister was she never made her feel like she was some kind of slutty teen mom.  Which had been the assessment from a few people.  ”When I told Orion we made decided to leave Australia and we couldn’t tell anyone.  We didn’t want to be found.”  She said as she looked up at Alex sheepishly.  ”I planned to owl you when we got settled.”  Which was the truth.  Frankie had every intention of owling her friends when she had the chance and it just didn’t work out that way. 

”His dad came after us, and my parents and his parents decided we needed to be apart.”  Which made her frown.  She knew Orion had been excited, after the initial shock anyway.  She ws just as shocked.  But she did have that slight excitement now, she wanted to be a good mother, the mother that she didn’t have.  Not that she hated her life.  Sometimes she wished her mom had at least been a little involved.  ”His sister and brother live here.  My dads love his sister she is a retired ballerina, they have seen preform so they are truly enamored with her.  But I like her she’s been helpful, she has two kids of her own.” She explained.  Doe also allowed her to get in touch with Orion when she was over there.  She just wished she was with Orion.  

”They decided I should be here, and not in school, and I’ve just been too embarrassed to say anything honestly.”  She looked down for a second.  Her moods had been all over the place and she came around the counter and she hugged Alex, tightly.  She had missed him.  A lot.  It seemed insane to have this life… She smiled at him and tucked her hair behind her ears.  ”I missed you a lot…I think it got to the point I just didn’t know what to say anymore.  The last time I saw you seemed so… I don’t know… Not great.”  She said with a small sigh. 

”Turns out I was knocked up and just moody as hell.”  She said as she leaned against the counter.  ”No weird cravings for me honestly.  I just want Orange sherbet a lot…”  She said with a smile.  ”I could use some now…”  She said as she looked at him.  ”Did you come to get something- do you have time for sherbet?” 

"Woah, hey, you don't owe me an explanation - I mean I am hardly a person to judge about anything in any situation anyways. You were doing what you thought has been right for you." Whether it was right or wrong, that was his opinion to make - for him it was more important that she had some form of strong support when things would get rough. Even more so when he could empathize due to his own experiences that seemed to be growing by the days. "The person in the situation always has a much different view than others that are looking from the outside. Many might judge or have opinions from beliefs or past experiences, but the current experience will always be something that is unique to the person."

Alex pressed one of his hands through his hair to shift some of the strands from his view. "His dad must be quick on the up to catch up. Two magical folks can be hard to track under the best of circumstances." He offered a friendly light laughter, the expression that showered over her face showed enough that  he had assumed she felt her plan had been foiled by some nosy adult. "Sounds like you have a pretty good support system then and didn't even know it." A firm nod flowed from him. "And your child will still have connection to their family too, which is usually an upside if they're about as excited as you are." Usually, he had almost said always at least until he had to look at both of their own childhoods - what had lacked. 

He could see where embarrassed could come into play, people didn't take certain news easily and judgement often came like a boomerang with blade embedded into the edges. "Oh, that I get what you mean. Things have been happening left and right so I figured I needed a bit of a vacation with Cass.  Turns out, getting drunk in Vegas makes you accelerate plans you had for much, much later." He had intended on continuing, until the sudden embrace formed. His own arms wrapped around her tightly into a hug. "I've missed you too, Frankie. Hehe, It's hard to find what to say sometimes. And you're right they weren't great but... Not really for the expected reasons.

What was he supposed to say? There were many things he couldn't say, information and knowledge that were like weights crushing him. Each held in secret felt more like a 'Lie' than a way to protect people, not from the truth either but from what could come from it in the larger scheme. Yet, being around them physically was perhaps just as much as inviting that risk too. 

"Oh, THAT reason, yea, we didn't expect that one either I guess, huh? Haha. Ah, well, you know it happens when it gets to the covers being tossed around." Unless, they didn't use covers, but that wasn't an image he wanted implanted in his head. "Oh, no, I have plenty of time! Well. . . Okay, that's kind of relative considering stuff. Gives us chance to catch up. That and for me to probably tell you something person to person anyways. Let's just say it kind of re-routes back to the whole 'Vegas - drunk' fiasco."

When he said Vegas she already knew what he was going to say.  It seemed pretty young to get married honestly.  People changed and none of them really knew who the hell they were at this point in their lives.  Frankie wasn’t sure that she wanted to be with Orion for the rest of her life but she knew that she was part of his life for the rest of hers.  Right now she was in love with him, but that didn’t mean it would be forever.  She sighed heavily.  ”He’s pretty quick and good at tracking apparently.  I mean its not like we were as careful as we should have been.”  she said with a sigh.  ”I had been thinking about running away all year honestly.  I haven’t been happy.”  she claimed. 

It was odd to admit it now.  ”I don’t feel like I belonged.  I mean I still don’t really belong.  I am just like this extra side note to everyone.”  She said.  ’Orion at least made me feel like I was important.”  he had been very good at that.  She sighed heavily.  ”you married her.”  she said. It was sort of predictable in many ways.  ”I meant he moment you said Vegas it was pretty obvious what happened.”  she said with s mall smile

There often was only a few ways a story could go when it came to a place like Vegas, and almost always, it was the same one that many if not all landed on. The other being they may have lost a kidney or some other organ in a card game. The truth of it all, the original intention had been to be an inspiration consider that his own 'Rest of the Life' was unlikely in the bigger picture - at least from what he knew and understood. It didn't mean not to fight but meant not to be surprised. "Guess that explains one of the reasons why you were out on that bench that day, you were thinking about it then too I bet." If it had been all year then it seemed to be a likely thought to come across for him. 

"I mean, does anyone 'really' belong? Hehe, I think belonging is just something you have to make for yourself in a way." Maybe that was just too idealistic of a view? It was a thought and consideration that struck within his mind. "But you know, just because others don't say it or act a certain way, it doesn't mean that you aren't important to them. What one person sees as a funny way of showing it - another may think they're fully secure and ready to trust that distance can't break up that bond." That, of course, was when communication would need to be at the forefront of mutual understanding. 

Alexander's hand rose up and rubbed at the back of his neck with a weakened and bashful laughter that echoed after the accusation. "Yea, wasn't the original plan. It was actually just supposed to be an unveiling of proposing. Not . . . Actually go through with it then and there. But one too many drinks got the best of us." He had wanted to make the deal that if he survived - if he could live that there would be groundwork towards some kind of future. "A kind of. . .'If I manage to survive the operation - then we can we start that future' kind of idea. Let's just say. . . A lot of people weren't happy what so ever. Er. . . Not that I blame or anything. Of course, most aren't really in my shoes so they don't know my mindset too much."

Frankie nodded.  ”I was.”  she was being honest.  ”I wanted to go somewhere I might feel as though I belonged.”  she said honestly.  She was looking for the magical feeling of belonging.  She felt a lot of her feelings were driven by the hormones now.  She let out a sigh as she leaned against the counted.  She was easily tired now.  The whole living with another life inside of her was such a strange thing.  Her Dads had been great honestly.  They were mad at her for running instead of telling them what the hell was going on.  However, Orion’s sister and brother were in constant contact with them as they searched for the pair.  She had to admit that she missed Orion. 

Letting out a small sigh she shrugged.  ”I suppose.”  she let out a soft sigh. ”I don’t think its one of those things that will really change for me you know?”  she wondered why anyone would want her when her mother didn’t want her.  That was such a painful feeling.  She knew how lucky she was to have the family she had, but there was always that little hint of doubt in her mind.  They headed towards the exit. 

Though Frankie thought they were too young, it was not really for her to judge.  ”Alex if you are happy, I am happy.”  That was all she could really say as his friend.  If he was happy, then she was happy.  Not everyone worked the same way.  She figured if her days had been numbered she may have married Orion.  However she was having his kid- if things worked out she would be happy, if not she could only hope they were able to co-parent.  ”No understands anything until they have experienced it themselves.  All I can say is that as long as you both are happy I am happy for you.” 

Alex wasn't sure if he should have seen it coming but he also wasn't going to curse the fact that he had managed to get more time to hang around her before she had decided to run off. "I get it, I mean. . . For a few months I didn't really feel like I 'belonged' with my Sister and her family that she grew. I was. . . So out of sorts, a stranger amongst strangers. I took them easily but even then there was so much that I didn't know, I didn't understand. That I still don't truly understand." His teeth bit into his lower lip to chew lightly as he took in a deep breath before exhaling it out. "But I know now that it's really the struggles that make the belonging hold a feeling, you know? When you go through ups and downs and the tough times they either push people away or make them grow stronger together." Whether they were truly 'closer' would remain a bit of an enigma, at least until his own situation was closer to 'fixed' as it could be. 

"Why not? I mean, you belong with your dad's that much is true. It may not feel like it but their home is your home and they try to make it that for you." He glanced towards her with his head tilted to the side. "Besides, you also belong around me. Well, more so you're -stuck- with me, but that's just me making it sound nicer." A friendly wink beckoned from him as he smiled widely. As they exited his hands pressed into his pockets to protect from the chill. "You're, like, one of my best friends and all after all." Something inside told him he needed to make that clear to her. 

A weak chuckle escaped from him. "I'm happy - we're happy. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried or concerned. When you know time is every bit of a commodity than usual, it makes you wonder if you're going to be impactful enough to offer that happiness before 'Times up.'" That was his problem, across the board, it didn't extend just to Cassandra. To his friends, family, and, of course, the fans. Would he have enough of a life to invest productive intentions? To inspire someone, anyone, to find their own greatness? "That's why I'm still supportive of your fashion dream. Being a mother just means you'll be even MORE admired, someone who took to their dreams and provided for the life in them. Granted, I think you'd make an awesome mum too."

Frankie shrugged a bit.  It was not really easy for her to reconcile things this way.  However she had run, she had gotten pretty far.  ”While I was there with Orion I was really happy.”  She said as she looked down once again.  Orion had been her only friend for a long time, he seemed to get her when many others did not.  She looked up and shrugged at Alex.  ’I mean who knows, Alex may be a different person completely by the time we are allowed to be around one another again.”  They both had to at least get something accomplished.  ”I mean I get it we ran away… but at the same time I feel like this is not good for Orion.”  She said.  Worried that the father of her kid was being isolated out of fear they would run again.  ”If I knew how to get to him and break him out of where he is… I would do it.”  She said honestly.  ”Even if I’m a beached whale and moving slow.”  She was starting to get a bit of a waddle now.  

Looking over at him she nodded.  ”I know.  It just is different when your best friend suddenly has a girlfriend, or wife.”  Frankie knew what that meant for those female friends… it was different.  Where Orion didn’t seem worried about Alex, she didn’t know what Cass thought much anymore.  She shrugged.  ”Its okay I mean I get it she is the most important person.  My unhappiness is about not having that right now.”  Meaning Orion.  She missed him.  She let out a sigh.  Even if it was because he was the father of her kid, but she felt there was a little more too it than that.  She let out a small sigh.  ”I miss him.”  For many reasons.    

”there can only be the use of what you have right?”  She said.  ”Making the most of it for now.  I mean- It isn’t like you can make sure she will be fine for the rest of her life at this point we all sort of have nothing.”  It was not meant to be harsh, it was just how it was.  Frankie couldn’t be sure she could set her kid up with everything for the rest of it’s life if she died in childbirth.  They were just kids.  ”Sorry, I don’t mean to sound cruel, but it’s the same conclusion I have come to about this.”  She said as she ran a hand over the bump.  ”I cant get my affairs in order if something happens to me like I should be able to because I am a kid and  I have nothing…”n  she at least understood her mother a little better now. "God, we're just kids Alex. Neither one of us should have to think about this yet." 

"Different doesn't always mean bad. Maybe being away and allowed to grow and gather a form of strength would make you two more happier. You could gain a sense of grounding - a sense of self that you could be proud about proclaiming." He snorted a bit as he rolled his eyes playfully with a smirk that donned from his lips curling upwards. "Some beached whales are formidable when they still have a bit of wobbling fight in them." Alexander's hands delved deeper into the pocket of his pants. "Breaking him out maybe more harmful too. Sometimes things are kept from people for their own protection and in the same way pushing people apart could give them the strength to stand for themselves and that person when the time truly is right. You won't see it now but down the line, when you two are able to be face to face you will. And don't say you don't know if you will see him again, with magic nearly everything is possible." They may not have the skill now but in time someone would develop the resisting tenacity to say enough is enough and rush ahead. 

His hand rubbed lightly against the back of his neck.  "It isn't that much different, she's a pretty understanding person. She knows there are people important to me, knows them by name and the extent I would go to help them out while also making them apart of my life." As he tilted his slightly he chuckled briefly. "It's more than alright to miss someone. It shows the strength of feelings and dedication you'll put into being with them the moment you can. But she isn't the ONLY most important person to me. There are a lot up there but just at different titles and meaning in affection. Way too many people have helped me out in a lot of ways and deserve more than to 'just be important' as if they were casuals." That kind of thought didn't sit well with him, there would always be those that held a higher purpose of importance to him that would extend to being included in his life regardless - one way or another. 

"Nothing to offer long-term support of necessity? Absolutely. But being young doesn't mean it has to be as limited as we may think. We're limited in some aspects but that is what is great about talents and skills we've developed, they give avenues that we can put to use for the time being and even after we've decided that route that can set up a culmination of necessities." A firm grin shaped on his face he laughed. "Speak for yourself! I'm an adult! Barely an adult, but an adult! Not mentally, I'm still a kid mentally. Can't get me out of those PJ's and cereal Saturday afternoons." Then a soft huff escaped from him. "A lot of things a kid shouldn't have to think about but life deals its cards accordingly, we're strong enough to handle them the question becomes do we -know- and -act- as in that knowledge and power."

A brief shrug flowed from him, mind allowed to race rapidly as various thoughts and words come to the front of it on how to next respond. "I never know what is 'next' what the day will bring. Will it be the morning my body gives out? Heart stops? The afternoon I collapse mid-class? The night I find myself in a Hospital of some sorts? One thing I have learned is that there is an ironic strength in uncertainty, because I don't entirely know the negative it means there is still the same of the positive. Another day I can swing my legs out of bed, another day I can shift the tip of my fingers along the strings of my guitar." Alex smiled faintly while he inhaled a deep breath of the crisp and chilled air that breezed through. "That's what everything is, uncertainty. Which means you can find a strength and knowledge that any number of things can work in your favor equally as it could in disfavor."

Frankie shook her head.  ”I don’t think I would be  a very inconspicuous jailbreaker… is that even a term?”  she questioned.  The mommy brain thing was a real thing, she was not sure what the hell she had been doing lately when it came to her memory and making up words.  She had to admit, she felt tired quite often these days and she didn’t really like the idea of being so tired at school.  That and she didn’t miss Tally, she had not felt like she belonged there to begin with.  Deciding that now as she was walking beside him she took his elbow.  Sometimes having some stability was nice on the wonky cobblestones.  ”I guess, that makes sense, but honestly I just don’t think it’s fair he was sent away…”  she found a lot of things about the situation to be unfair, like not being able to talk to him like she wanted to.  They were sending messages through his siblings however. 

Frankie shrugged.  She supposed that was true about Cass.  Again she had no idea she felt as though she had been cut off from those who had been her friends for too long at this point.  Letting out a small sigh she shrugged again.  ”Neither of us are adults Alex.  Not really.’  She said they were still babies in the grand scheme of things.  She never got that whole thing until she had been faced with everything at the moment.  The fact they could deal with these things, didn’t mean they should be dealing with them.  She shrugged again.  Deciding she didn’t want to debate these things at the moment.  She was not looking for someone to fix her problems she wanted to vent without feeling as though she was not allowed to feel the way she felt. 

[‘b]”I really am not trying to be a jackass about everything.”[/b]  She looked at him and sighed.  ”I am just venting.  I can’t really complain to anyone right now… my parents… and honestly its probably not fair of me to vent to you either give my problems are silly.” She sighed heavily.  ”anyway.”  She decided to move the conversation along.  ”Either way I think I have convinced Orion to let me ask you to be the Godfather, his sister would be the godmother… she is like some kind of super mom you should see her.”  Frankie had probably already said that.  ”Like, his family is sort od scary and crazy, one of his brothers was framed for murder… he’s also a tree trunk so I can see why someone would frame him…” 

She shrugged.  ”but I think you would like them actually, they are fascinating people… like I said even my dad’s like them.”  Which was something Alex knew could be like.  ”You’ll have to walk me back, they may allow you visitation when I am sent back to my prison of a home.” 

"Pretty sure it isn't, but people will know the meaning. So. . . Win for a new word, eh?" He wasn't entirely sure what the 'proper' term would be for that, break-out artist? At any rate that was something that wouldn't be attempted by him in this current life. That he knew of anyways. "But I'm sure you'd be fine! Most don't expect the spit-fire looking gal to be the one sawing the bars for a person. At least until they realize it's already half-way removed." Even though he knew for Wizard's it was much more than simply 'cutting the bars' the amount of work it went into securing a person, even as a form of keeping an eye on someone could be extensive often. "Well, yea, it's not fair for several reasons. He won't get the chance to experience that budding moment of being a Father before the baby arrives. That will probably be a harder hit to him, at least until he believes he can break away." He wasn't entirely sure the stance on kids in general, the perception of how a person viewed their own child factored in so much and most of it at the end of the day was more conjecture than fact. 

"Hey, all I know is it's perfectly legal for me to drink in a bar~!" Alex offered a small shrug with a smile that stayed on his face. "Not that I go about engorging myself. Mostly because someone really disapproves of the act entirely. . ." He didn't think he took most of what Bethianna had an opinion on to heart but it really showed how 'damaged' he was. The need or desire to be in good standing with a 'Mother-figure'. Even if it was someone that had him conflicted in many ways than he could fathom. "Only proof of not really being an adult is that I maybe still at Tally next year. Hahaha."

A hand rose up and gently waved in a dismissive way. "Woah, I didn't claim you were, Frankie. I don't hold harsh views like that, people have a different view. They're entitled to say what they see even if it sounds a bit abrasive." He snorted as his eyes rolled gently. "That's kind of what 'Friends' means, you know. Sometimes you need to vent and the stuff you think is silly aren't really silly." Then suddenly his eyes began to blink several times as if he tried to change the view of his surroundings, ears trying to replay if he heard what she had asked through gentle twitches. "Yea, I know about crazy a bit. I don't think I've ever known 'normal' on my mother's side and that's within only the last few months."

His mind raced back to the thought of being a 'Godfather', he wasn't opposed to the idea at all. "Are you sure, Frankie? I mean, I'm definitely flattered, thrilled, and willing. But my 'problem' isn't entirely fixed, yet. I'm. . ." How could he phrase it? He couldn't even explain the full depths of what was going on - the deeper part of -what- he was. ". . . I'm going through a pretty experimental surgery soon to see if it would fix the issue.

That didn't make it any better, that much he sensed within himself. "Ah, what the heck, it isn't everyday someone asks you that kind of question regardless. So, yea, I definitely accept. You also don't have to worry about walking back alone, I wouldn't have let you waddle about home alone."

”They would see me coming at this point.”  Frankie was not a small girl, she was fit- but she was tall.  She also now had this belly emerging… blonde hair, she was told many time she stood out in a crowd.  ”So maybe not until after I get my body back.”  Which was a bit of a selfish thought, but at the moment she almost felt as though she was housing an alien.  Especially with he way it made her feel sometimes.  Like she is absolutely crazy… she knew that had been the driving factor in the last conversation, she had wanted to write him many times but she hadn’t really known what to say, or how to say it.  That and she had no idea how adept Orion’s father would be at catching up to them.  She looked at him and smiled a bit sadly.  ”He was shocked about it, of course.  But we were both happy after that.”   She sighed.  ”I think it will be hard on him.”  She agreed with him. 

”should you be drinking?  I mean- regardless of anyone’s approval of it.”  She said.  ”Don’t they like talk about how it makes everything worse?  I mean, I have no idea I have not really been much for drinking or drug use…the only time I got high this happened so- I don’t know I guess I am the afterschool special everyone was warned about… I guess that makes me prone to aske dumb questions like should you be drinking.”  It was not a question of judgement- Frankie didn’t give a shit about who drank so long as they were not hurting themselves or someone else.  Moderation and all that.  she was a little wary to indulge once the kid was born, she was not really looking to have a repeat.  

She nodded.  ”I have two friends, I have you and I have Orion.  And everything has been pretty overloaded with his family.  And they are great, a little crazy, but great… but I want some of my people involved.  I know the problem isn’t fixed. I know it might not get fixed.”  She said as she looked over at him.  ”But I also don’t have a big family either…”  She meant she had made a family with her friends and with Alex being the closest thing to a brother or a cousin she had, she felt as tough she needed to make sure he was represented.  ”when is the procedure?”  She questioned.  Curious about what sort of thing might fix his problem. 

His hand rose up as he squeezed the tip of his index finger closely to the tip of his thumb. "Maaaaybe~ just a bit." A roguish laughter pressed outwards from him while his hands settled more comfortably inside of the pockets. "Sounds like you're going to be running a lot of laps and mission impossible obstacle courses to get ready." There was a wonder that came to mind, were a lot of women in that mindset during this stage? The idea that they needed to get back into shape and feel as if they could 'fit' again in their own skin. Part of him wanted to ask his Sister and yet. . . He knew that was a minefield in its own special way. "As long as he is excited that is really the important factor, right? Means when the time comes he'll be there in full force without holding back. Not the only way to proceed but it helps to relax burdens when someone is able to be enthusiastic too." It was kind of like dealing a concert - if you're looking up-beat then the crowd will follow suit and everything just seemed to follow the train.

"Ah, well, you know. I got drunk and got married so. . . There's that? But no, it isn't really helping my bodies strength as far as stamina. That's for sure. But boxing has a bit so there's a bit of a workout offsetting the potential hurt and hit." Curiosity began to worm its way into his mind, in his current route, would such  things even effect him? After all, Adele drank Alcohol like a fish swam through water. Or, at the very least, had enough of the substance TO do that once her pregnancy came to term. "It also isn't a good thing to have a future potential doctor afflicted with something that could have been prevented! Hahaha." Truthfully, Alexander was surprised he took to the idea of jumping into the Medical field. It wasn't even close to what his passion had been and yet it was something that always was a major part of his life in one way or another. 

A grin formed on his face - a large toothy one at that. "" 'Your people', huh? Dawh, schucks, I didn't think you had such a high opinion and claim!" He offered a teased jab even with a nod that followed to show he understood on the more important and serious level. "Big families get confusing. Who likes what, whose birthday is when - smaller much less chaotic. Granted, much more lonely. But I guess everything in life is a bit of pro-con bit, isn't it?" He bit his lower lip for a moment in thought, no exact date was settled but he also didn't want to wait too long. "Around mid-September - Don't know if it will work or not but not many options opening up and well. . . Sometimes you have to risk it to get the biscuit.

'Biscuit' - such a crude and miniscule way to even refer to life. Yet, it was a brief treat, something that some never got through or even made it to. Fitting.

Frankie looked at him and shook her head.  ”That doesn’t sound like something I want to do.”  she was not someone who enjoyed a lot of physical work.  She was someone who was more about the relaxation of it all.  She always heard her fathers tell her she needed to work out, she needed to run, she needed to do this and that.  She just didn’t want to do those things.  So she didn’t do those things  She would likely need to do them a little bit this time around.  She let out a small sigh.  ”I hope so.”  She said.  It was not as though she would know until it was time.  ”I mean, things could change you know?”  Things could always change.  ”Time and stuff…”  Like Orion finding he likes someone else.  She figured she could deal with that when the time came.  It was honestly silly to think that they found a forever love at 16 and 17.  People just don’t work like that really. 

”Potential doctor.  Sounds like the future has been determined.”  It made sense.  She could see it, he had a good bedside manner, even when she threw up on his shoes.  It would be good, doctors who could empathize could be good.  She liked the healer she was seeing.  She was a friend of her dads’ and she didn’t make Frankie feel like a huge cliché or worse.  She had actually talked to the doctor about the fact that her mother had been a teen mother and given her up.  That she was not sure if she would even know how to be a mom.  Her dads were the best dads.  That was all she knew- she hoped she could at least be a parent like they had parented her.  Even in their anger at her situation they had not made her feel unloved.   

Nudging him a bit she laughed.  ”Don’t make it weird.  I’ll rescind the offer!”  She wouldn’t take it back.  she had not questioned asking him, even with the idea he may not live long enough to see the child grow up.  Frankie worried about him, yes, but she also knew he was not just going to die tomorrow.  That gave the medical field and the magical field to come up with something.  She nodded.  ”Well if you need company I am literally just getting fatter as the days go by so feel free to let me know.” 

"I don't think that's something anyone likes to do. Haha, just something you do." Perhaps he shouldn't be so surprised that there were actually people out in the world that would take to the idea of grueling and rigorous training as if it were a hobby, something to enjoy. He took in a gentle breath and exuded it out in a slowed pace. "Anything can change, that's right. But why worry about if it would? Thinking about it being a possibility won't do much to effect or change it. It's actually much more harmful - probably push yourself in a worse mood." His hand rose up gently and waved it dismissively. "Besides, for humans the lifespan is too short to worry about changes or the trial of time itself. That's the kind of thing better left to long-lived races. It's only our job to make sure every day and step is worth it and something we can say, even if it turned out bad that we're proud of the person it shaped us to be.

Alexander had taken to heart many things told to him and it was beginning to shape his mind - the things and way he saw them had gradually yet subtly.  "Yup! Not something I expected to consider but someone put the idea in front of me and the more I looked at it the more I liked it, I guess? One of those 'You don't know it until you're forced to face it.' kind of scenario." His studies towards medicine were put to the test in the last few months and while there was a larger underlying reason for it, it didn't dwarf the fact that he still wanted to put it towards good and proper usages. "It will take me a bit to get there but hopefully not too long." There was the lingering thought that maybe if he could prove he exceeded his current grades standards that perhaps he could get 'promoted' just in time to make the final years graduation. Maybe.

"What that you called me your people? Nuh-uh, I'm making sure I put that on a T-Shirt!" A large grin full of humor stretched across his face. "Did you already come up with a name? I know some people have it already in mind and others just kind of. . . Wait until they look on the baby's face." A weak laughter echoed from him. "You don't want to be there for that, Frankie. It's going to be very painful and the last thing you need is to be stressed about it while pregnant. But after wards I'll probably be in a bed for a bit so... Some jello and pudding would be pretty awesome.

It was difficult, coming up with a lie, unable to tell the true fact of things due to circumstances. Due to not being 'his own' - a though crossed his mind. . . How did Adele even do it? How deep inside of her were the pains of lying clipping at her morals or connections?

Frankie was not one of those people.   The idea of training being a hobby was something she would likely never think.  At least not at this stage in her life, maybe, once she hit that point that always seemed to happen.  When you don’t like yourself or find how unhappy you are because you’ve been pretending for years.  Though honestly, sometime Frankie felt that was where she was anyway.  ”You have never been a girl Alex so I will give you a pass but… that is literally all I do.”  That was one of the many things about being a woman she was not too thrilled about.  The fact she internalized nearly everything.  Then there was the anxieties and the thoughts that never seemed to slow down.  She shrugged.  She didn’t really put much stock in the to fragility of life, but then she never had to. 

There was a nod that followed his words.  She was sure he would do whatever he put his mind to.  ”Well you’ll figure it out.  You seem to figure most things out yeah?”  she said as she sighed for a moment.  She wondered if she would ever figure something out.  There was the whole mom thing to figure out now.  Doe made it look easy- so did some of the other mothers she had encountered.  She looked down at her feet as they walked, she could still them at this point but they were starting to disappear.  ”you cannot put that on a shirt.”  she said as she looked at him and then shook her head.  ”Not really, I mean Orion and I talked abut them a little… but… I don’t know seems like something we should do together.”  She suggested and shrugged once more.  

”Oh, okay.”  She said.  She had been offering some of her time to spend with him, but he had other people to do that she supposed.  Letting out a small sigh she watched the people walk around them.  Having made it to the shop she walked in and looked at the various colored ice creams.  She smiled.  If nothing else a little bit of sugar could cheer her up. 

"Ah, so that's the reason why most ladies are always so grumpy. They make themselves into a bad mood." His eyes closed gently as he nodded his hand, a hand curled around his chin as if to do so within a sagely manner. A revelation! Or something of the sort, of course, he found that a bit of a detriment. At the same time he knew that each person was their own and a mind can be too complex to avoid that particular quirks in its thinking. "Totally explains the abundance of ice cream that gets stashed in freezers. At least dairy companies are making some big bucks."

Alexander tilted his head slightly as he made an unsure noise. "Eeeeh. . . Maybe? I can't really say I figured anything out. Still a lot of things just up in the air like someone kicked my feet out from under me." A hand pushed through the locks of his hair with a sigh that accompanied it in a somewhat frustrated tone. "There are a lot of things that are just too big to be just figured out. " Other things, he couldn't even fathom trying to truly 'figure' them out let alone understand the true weight of the various situations. It was heavy, things that could potentially bog a persons world down to the point that it would crumble and deteriorate. 

"I'm still getting that T-Shirt, I'm going to look the best of the best with it. It's going to have a little image of a runway with models on it." Low laughter emitted from him for a moment and then gently started to die down. "You should write to him then. Establish that continuation connection and chain, don't hold back or let the chance slip." His mind began to wander about setting a more 'closer' connection support system, he didn't think she lacked one but maybe she didn't see it for the full picture? It was possible considering her intention had been to run off with Orion. "You should probably reach out to Cass, might be good to have a gal-pal around who understand a bit better on some level. Plus, doesn't hurt to have more of your friends around, you know?

It didn't escape him how it sounded. "Yeap! I am not even going to have Adele around if I can help it. That grouchy woman is stubborn to the core though." He would rather not have her watch, rather not have her come to the potential conclusion about Flora through what could happen with him if things took a turn for the worse. "But I do plan to pop around any moment I can. Can't squander the chances when they're there to grab, after all. Besides, between you and me. . . I'd rather deal with a Pregnant Frankie than a Pregnant Adele. She's been staring -daggers- everywhere." At least he knew where the daggers were coming from now. 

Eyes began to scan across the various flavors and options as he snickered. "I guess what they say about pregnancy is true, ice cream in the chilly months. You're probably going to make this a habit now, aren't you?"

She shook her head.  ”No, you misunderstood- Men still are, but because of how fast our mind works…”  It was a tease.  ”So no matter what is going one they have already looked at 6 million scenarios and not all of them end positively.”  Which was true of anything. She was only teasing anyway.  ”Ice cream is good because of the release of dopamine you get when you eat it.  Any sweet would work really, I feel the same way about pastries- ice cream just happens to be my go to at the moment.” She went through phases, sometimes she wanted Canoli and sometimes she wanted those layered pastries with sweet fillings and lots of love- like the ones she had in Paris that looked like lobster tails- she found out later that there were hours and hours of work that was put into them.  It was amazing that so much work and love went into something so small. 

Or maybe it wasn’t given the fact the tiny human that was sharing her body was tiny and a great deal of work had already gone into the development.  It was something that she thought about often- something so tiny had completely disrupted her life.  Though it was not a bad thing entirely- it had caused some stress… of course.  She nodded.  ”That aligns.”  She felt the same way, but she had less in the air, this child was not going to kill her… or maybe it would?  But not in the literal sense of death anyway.  She shook her head.  ”I feel weird telling you to have faith, but have faith.”  She was usually the less positive one- she didn’t know why she felt that way but she had never been too positive. 

”I’ll obliterate it.”  she said.  ”Just wear the clothes I make instead yeah?”  That would be the better way to show support, if she ever produced clothes.  At this point it might be impossible to tell.  She nodded.  ”yeah.”  She would reach out to Cass, though she was not sure how well the other young woman respond.  She always felt as though there was some sort of divide there and she didn’t understand it. ”Well I don’t have the same weight to my stare as she does, but I have been grouchy.”  It was not always fun sharing her body with something else.  She nodded.  ”This is already a habit.” 

"That sounds like such a hassle, I don't envy you at all." A bright smile continued on his face, a slight shrug of his shoulder soon followed suit. "See, cutting that six million in half would already reduce like. . . Okay, less than an actual one percent of stress. But it's such a smaller number that you may THINK it reduced a lot of stress!" He wasn't sure how many of those 'thoughts' ended positively but he gave the ball park amount of not many. "Also known as, it's pretty close, pretty accessible? Hahaha, hey it's no problem Ice cream is always a solid choice no matter the time of year or the troubles going around. Unless it's an ice cream outtage. . . That is a kind of trouble that's hard to bounce back from." He smiled as he acknowledge the worse as a mere banter filled joke. 

Alexander laughed weakly. "Faith, huh? Didn't expect you to pull that card out." Granted, it was all that one could do in a variety of situations. It was a term overly used and yet only because it's the part of common sense that is often easy to forget. "I mean, I know it's a good practice to have. Haha, some days I often felt like the poster boy for 'Faith - Having it means good things!'." His hand ran through the strands of his hair in thought. "Just some days I think it's a lot harder than my mind tries to imagine it is.  Probably doesn't help when you have a family of crazy theatrics that's for sure." A sniggle resonated from him and it had been followed by a sigh. "But it had been faith I guess or pure blindless optimism and idealism that has not only gotten me this far but answered a lot of questions I've never thought would ever be answered."

What had been the actual chances that he'd not only meet his mother but also his Father. That the two were so massively different and the story that related towards his birth wasn't the tragic tale he had imagined all the passing years. 

"Obliterate it!? Why. . . All my affection reduced to such a thing!" He peered downwards in faux offense, may as well play the card a bit! Though it hadn't lasted long as he chuckled. "Okay, about this, you make some clothes and it will keep me from ever picking ou that kind of a T-Shirt!" He had to admit, it was a much better deal that way. He hadn't wanted her to lose her passion for fashion and decided a while ago that he'd help out regardless of what would come about in life. 

"I don't think ANYONE has the same weight of stare as her. At times I feel those daggers could become literal daggers at any moment." From what he understood, that was quite equally possible. "Luckily for you, I am a master of ungrouchfying people. Well, most people. Really, I don't have MUCH of a track record but I have to sell myself somehow for you to keep me around."

Frankie shrugged.  ”I also come with the anxiety and feeling not being good enough- the whole given up for adoption thing.”  she said as she shrugged.  She wondered if Alex’s feelings about his mother had changed much in the past year.  ”Not because my dads weren’t wonderful.  I mean you met them- they love me so much.”  She knew that.  ”but you know that irrational part of you that may never feel good enough for anyone because the one person who was supposed to love you and keep you didn’t?”  She also knew it could have been mother making the best choice for Frankie, which was a loving thing- very much so.  She shook her head, she thought about this too much, especially now.  That was the trouble with the pregnancy, it brought up all kinds of terrible thoughts with it as she lay back on the body pillow.  ”Don’t you say that, take it back right now!”  She said her face serious before breaking into a smile.   

”Don’t put those things in the universe what would I do without Ice cream?”  She swatted his bicep gently smiling at the woman behind the counter.  ”Men…”  She made a dramatic production of rolling her eyes.   

Frankie nodded.  ”I am trying to have more of it.”  She admitted.  She was a little bit challenging… well more than that.  It was a very challenging act. She was at least trying.  ”Well you don’t have to be the poster boy everyday- and I don’t see it as needing to be someone who has sunshine out of their ass… but I think faith can be just getting to the next day sometimes.  I hate the idea about everything needing to be a certain way. Like Faith is not a sunshine thing all the time.  I think faith is supposed to be for the ugly times…”  She said.  ”Its okay to have ugly unhappy, un-good faith.”  She decided.  She had a lot of ugly faith at the moment.  

”I cant let you look like a hobo… it would damage my brand.”  she said as she looked at him with a knowledgeable look.  At least she hoped that was what it looked like- it very well could have looked like something else.  Letting out a small huff.  ”If I have to I guess I wil make you something so you don’t embarrass me and my brand.”  If it ever came to that.  She was not sure how reasonable her dreams were now.  At least for the next little while.   Things would pan out how they would pan out.  That she had faith in. 

She nodded.  ”Well I hope you are managing that one anyway… I admit not having siblings or knowing them has some advantages right?”  she shrugged.  ”I wonder about that sometimes… if I have anymore sibling out there.”  She tilted her head.  ”What is that like, to suddenly have family?”  She paused.  ”Well family you didn’t know about I mean.  We both had family.” 

Rubbed the back of his neck slightly as his head tilted left to right. "I mean didn't they love you? At least they showed a bit of it. Look at it this way, out of the ways she could have left you I mean. It could have been out literally on the street or in a gutter or maybe out in the wilderness with vicious animals. Instead you ended up in a home with loving parents." That's at least how he chose to glance at it, it wasn't something to ease the pain or 'slap a band-aid' on it but rather to give the idea that perhaps her mother cared much more by the act itself. "But even that said I don't think it's all the way irrational. On some level it probably can be true, you know, that whole thought of. . . Not being inspiration enough for a personal change. That isn't our fault though, that is the weakness of the parent or parents." It took a certain strength to stand up and be viewed as a proper parent and be someone that was willing to be  a role model. 

Alexander's lips turned into a grin. "Probably sniffing out the nearest candy store instead, I heard chocolate is the next best thing for the anxiety." He stood proudly while a hand pressed through his hair. ". . . Are awesome creatures that walk this Earth~." He added onto her phrase of 'Men'. 

"Hahaha, I don't disagree that it's okay to have them. Though with how severe and. . . Cranky my family seems to get or at least most of them any ways. . . I think I need to have a bit more than the usual reserve." Even though he managed to shrug the expression on his face held a smile that spoke all of 'What else can you do?'. "Everyone has a role in a family it seems, even if it's small or a bit dysfunctional. Our personalities dictate what we mean to other members and the thread we offer. I am by far no where near the weighing  stone that keeps everyone close and under a watchful care." That he'd attribute towards Adele the ever severe librarian who did the utmost for her family, while he didn't lack the will to be there he didn't have her. . .Presence. "I guess you can consider me the 'Doctor' of the family, nurture the wounds stitch up the insecurities a step at a time and help them heal up. Optimism is my pill and being there is my bandage, so to speak.

"And your self-image, imagine - being caught walking with someone that held no style what-so-ever except shaggy sheik." The back of his hand coursed against his bangs as he flipped it dramatically, a proper fashionista pose. "Then it sounds like we have a plan! After the baby is born and things have calmed down enough for you we can begin the real challenge." It wasn't so much of a challenge, he had the resources now in a twisted round-about way and he had planned to make use of them. 

"What's in like. . . It's kind of like discovering some limb or scar on your body that you didn't know was there." He wasn't entirely sure how to phrase it in a way that would make even the most remote or relative sense. "It's like a punch in the face from reality and a shock of interest all rolled into the curiosity of if you even fit in. If you even have the capability to seem like family, as it stands I. . . Stand out in a very odd way. I am not sure if that's good or bad but I am not of the same mindset as most if not all of them. They've had such a specific style of being raised that's so vastly different than my own. That's on top of the fact that we have nineteen years wasted that we have to make up for."

Frankie shrugged.  ”Maybe they did?  I likely wont ever really know.  I mean, I just feel like I was not good enough for her and that just seems to make things harder to deal with.  I rationalize it, she didn’t leave me in a gutter because then the authorities would look for her.  Ultimately I know I am better off, my dads are the best.”  she said.  Even with the new tension around the baby and Orion, she was actually quite pleased with how things were.  They loved her deeply and she never had to second guess that.  ”They are frustrated with me- but running away had nothing to do with them, I just wish they saw that.”  She said with a small frown.  She knew it would hurt them and she did it anyway.  She wanted to be free, or at least free enough to make choices on her own.  She let out a small sigh as she looked back at Alexander.  ”I just have a lot of thoughts about it all now.  Like I would never give this kid up…” 

Which was something she knew the second she discovered the pregnancy, if Orion had not wanted her or the kid that would have stung but ultimately- she would have kept the child.  It was nice to have his family around.  As much as his sister made things look so easy, she appreciated the advice.  She had gone with her for the ultrasound, held her hand and been comforting.  Frankie had been scared and as much as she loved her dad’s she didn’t want them in the room when the doctor felt around.  It was a little odd.  ”Is chocolate good for anxiety?”  she had no idea, her dad’s tended to use potions and oils to help with anxiety and it was actually quite helpful.  

”You pronounced frustrated wrong.”  She said as she looked at him.  An eyebrow raised for a moment.  She smiled however.  Though she disliked the ideas of stereotypes she found them a little bit funny in the moment.  ”The doctor of the family,  I suppose that is a good thing to be- or at least have around from time to time.  I am not sure what my role is aside from the daughter.”  She would classify herself as the screw up.  However, she kept that to herself.  She knew Alex would disagree.  Looking at him she nodded.  ”It would be terrible for my image.  Honestly.”  She shook her head.  ”It would be a mess for me… obviously.”  She let out a laugh

”that makes sense I think.  I mean ive not met anyone who was supposed to be my family but it makes sense.”  she nodded.  ”just make up for the lost time.  At least you have that now.”