School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Summer Break

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

VMU Students ☆ Quidditich Player - Chaser , Muay Thai Assistant✩ Kaitore
18 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ HE/HIM

"Stubborn, to the very end!" It was different having someone around that would meet 'blow for blow' of sorts. She didn't buckle under some weight or try to one-up, she was just challenging. "Glad you see I am pretty awesome, means I'm making all the right moves." His eyes narrowed as a firm smile shaped on his face with a smooth nod. Though his response held more of a jestful nature, it didn't escape him that he had been a bit 'different'. The way he chose to approach even to the extent that he had decided to pursue her with as much of a plan for his future that could be laid out. In his own mind he felt he was forced to grow up in a way that breeded more  respect and application for responsibility. " 'At Least', she says. That's a major feat, ya' gotta have the right tempo to keep with someone. Like a dance."

The more the conversation took a serious turn the more questions lingered on in his mind, things that he probably should have asked before hand. Everyone had an 'expectation' or a form of goal when they enter into a relationship and it hadn't escaped his notice that the difference in their age would most likely a different expectation. Her smile that beamed disarmed the thoughts for a moment as it beckoned his own lips to respond in kind. "Well, I haven't approached ya' like most people. Means I still gotta keep that approach even more so when it's true." There were times he'd say something or intentionally place himself at just the right angle to catch her eyes with his own, something to that extent he'd never vocally admit. 

"Hey, don't worry about it. I got this far working hard, only means I gotta' keep it up and show every ounce of it." Tyson hadn't achieved much, it was still the training grounds of life but this had been the final stretch before he'd be pitted against everything that School and lifes trials had been pruning him to maintain against. He showed that he had the determination by keeping his focus and hands busy, not devolving into trouble but raising up to the call of academics and even sports. Perhaps the 'Greatest' student but he was notable enough in his mind.  

Was it a wound? Certainly, it left something damaging on him something that he could either let fester or find ways to ignore the pain. He hadn't yet find the means to truly patch up something and he honestly wasn't sure there even was such a thing. "Oh, yeah?  Bragging about me to your friends? Now ya' can run off and talk about how I got ya' a lamp." He grinned and gently nudged into her. It  only brought back the previously concerns he had rolled around in his head, her friends, they were most likely people who had faced enough of the world to grow and hold the wisdom and experience to know for certain what they desired in life. 

"So, what is it ya' expectin'? I mean, I know some folks after having a career and their feet a bit established. . . They dream of the whole house with a white picket fence and like, a trolly of kids." Not that thought or idea scared him, it'd be something to have to build himself up towards since he wasn't anywhere near ready or capable of that just yet but he knew given a brief time his mindset could be enduring for it. "Curious on what ya' see for yourself. To see how serious this relationship is by what ya' have as milestones I guess."

Melbourne ☆ Penrose Quidditch CoachKay
Halfblood Human ☆ her/she

”Stubborn is an ugly word, I prefer determined.”  she said as she looked over at him.  It was not in Violet’s nature to turn away from a challenge- Even though she knew she should not be carrying on with Tyson like this- but she was.  It was not a though she was doing anything too horrible at the moment, she had not let it go too far, she had not quite crossed the line, she was merely toeing it at the moment.  That didn’t really make it okay, but it at least gave her some credit… or something.  Or so she could rationalize anyway.   She would do her best to make sure she was not crossing the line, no matter how tempting the temptation was.  Which in this case was very, very tempting.  Letting out a small laugh she sh0ok her head. 

”Oh yes, they will die when I tell them all about the romantic lamp you got me.” Not that she would tell them that, they would think it was stupid, but then that was sort of what it was like being in a relationship with someone, they were able to have these jokes about lamps and they thought it was great, it didn’t actually matter what anyone else thought.  They could all kicks rocks for all she was concerned.  Looking at him for a moment she laughed once more.  The idea of a white picket fence was so far from what she had ever considered in life.  She wanted to be happy, just not white picket fence happy. 

What was she expecting?  ”I don’t want that whole trope… the white picket fence was never for me… you know?”  She said as she thought about it for a moment.  ”I always thought I would have a family a couple of kids who kick ass…”  She was not interested in the boring things in life but always the more exciting… ”A home somewhere in Melbourne or wherever I want to settle.  I want to keep coaching, maybe for the Aussie team…”  She shrugged.

"Oooh, Determined. See, that makes it more prettier than it actually is though." It had been amusing that she had prefered it all to be under the guise of determination. The competitive phrase for sportsmanlike stubborness. Something that he could empathize with considering that his own 'determination' had him in a position that most young men would dream of being in. It hadn't escaped his noticed that things had been at an arms length of sorts and while he did understand it part of him hadn't condoned it. In his mind they had already stepped into a forbidden zone, the escalation of what could happen didn't matter. But others, others wouldn't see it and she had often told him the perception is what  will get you. 

Tyson snickered and opted to shine a grin on his face. "Aye' that lamp is a precious lamp, ya dig? Ain't gonna find one that  can get a description as popping out your eyes more." He wouldn't inflate her ego by letting her know he would proabbly think that of any lamp that added that kind of touch, something small that could fit on the table. Noticeable but didn't out shine the woman's natural charisma. "Gotta' have one right at the couch side and one right at the bed side." He didn't expect to ever see her at the bed side any time soon but the imagery had still been there in his mind. 

"Didn't think it was durable enough to handle ya' naturally rough nature when training." As if a fence would survive a minor practice run of Quidditich or even some other wizard contact sport. "Couching a team at home and a team in the career zone, I can respect that." There had been the understanding that she would want kids eventually which mentally made him more aware that things could change at a drop of a time if she found there was no legitmate future on the current path. "Gotta' admit, with what ya' want surprised ya' decided to take this kind of chance with me.

Melbourne ☆ Penrose Quidditch CoachKay
Halfblood Human ☆ her/she

”More Prettier? Don’t make me smack those words out of your mouth boi.”  She shook her head. ”No excuse for talking like you are uneducated.  Especially if you want to be in the spot light, don’t let them make you out to be a dumb jock.”  Sher chided though she smirked, she was only teasing him.  ”They will paint you into a corner if you let them.”  She said as she looked at him.  They tried to paint her into one and she fought it. Well Violet tended to fight everything if she could.  She didn’t like being told what to do, which made the fact she was coaching hilarious to her family.  She was a good coach in her mind, she knew how to motivate the girls like her and she had a whole team of them right now.  They were not just spoiled rich girls on the pitch.  She made them get dirty, she made them fight for their spot on the pitch. 

She taught them to support one another because if it was good for the team, it was good for them.  No one on the team was worth more than any other.  At least no on her team, she knew that was not always the case.  But she was in charge of young women, she was responsible for making them members of society that were worth more than their money.  She looked over him and smiled.  ”Lamps are important… No matter where they are- beside… bathroom… closet.”  She said with a smile.  She was teasing him a bit, she knew she was, but that didn’t stop her. 

She looked down.  ”Sometimes we do things that don’t make a whole lot of sense.” She said ”I also know dreams change- because we change.”  This was not the final dream, she knew that… she was not set on anything but doing better than before.  ”We both are taking a chance, it could be just as bad for your career as it is for mine… people may not take you so seriously.” 

"Ha! Oh yea? Ya' gonna smack me?" An eyebrow arched upwards as a smile formed on his face. It was one that featured more than just amusement but also a form of challenge, something that would ring that he may just be up for that kind of thing. "I'd think they'll be more focused on the whole 'dating a hot woman' more. Ya' know how the people love some romance. As much as they seem to like the fall of romance." He had a few plans in place that he could use to stay under the radar and avoid the kind of attention that he didn't particularly care for, that was the benefit of being of a Magical community. That there could always be a solution that would be expected and yet still hard to dismantle. 

His hand rose up with all digits extended and the palm exposed towards her in the fashion of a 'Stop' or 'Halt' sign. "Woah, there now. Closets are perfect spaces. Ya' might just have one of those long corridor styles one day. Gotta' slap a lamp in every corner just to see." He spake in his own style of teasing. "Ya' know what? We'll even get a full room of nothin' but lamps. Compensate for the places that they can't be in." That smile on his face had shifted with ease into a smooth grin. 

"Nah, I think that they make sense. Just it only makes sense to the person who dreamed it up, ya feel? No one has to understand it except you and the person ya' see those dreams with. Even then they might not even fully see that kind of dream." A shrug flowed from his shoulders. "But that's what gettin' to know people and understanding them is about, yea?" No one would ever truly comprehend the full dream unless they held the same one or that they are the same person. The best someone outside could do is perceive it's a dream and understand the importance, impact, and intention. "Oh, no doubt. Wouldn't be the first time folks would see this kind of a situation and it won't be the last. Just a matter of how we deal with it."