Sign in to follow this  
Eudoxia Miller

Complete High Noon (Nov 30 2018)

Melbourne ☆ Creative Director Melbourne DanceKay
33 year old Halfblood Human ☆ her/she

The choreography was coming along quite nicely. The company had missed her and while they had all come by at some point to see the new baby and bring their gifts it was truly nice to be back in the studio. They had been drilling and filming practice to show her through her time off. She had liked the distraction. It was hard for her to just sit still. Atlas had come to visit, and he had been all too thrilled to watch the little ones. Grandpa duties seemed to suit him well. Doe was just glad he had not brought his girlfriend. The ditzy blonde, while absolutely beautiful, but younger than Petros and that was always just a little awkward at the dinner table. However, if the man was happy, he was happy. Doe had also likely made the woman feel uncomfortable. Not that she had tried to, but she had been about 100 months pregnant when they met. 

She decided that she would take advantage of her father wanting time with the kids and was headed to the ministry to have lunch with her husband. It had been a while since she had surprised him and she had talked with his secretary first to make sure he was free. Anyone who made her husband’s life easier was someone who deserved lunch as well. After some idle chitchat and showing pictures of the baby to all who asked she was able to slip into his office. ”Hi honey.” She smiled at him. ”Dad has the kids occupied.” Still dressed in the dancewear she sat down across the desk from him. 

”Your secretary assured me that you had free time.” she set the lunch she had prepped for them on the desk.”I thought I would bring some of the Moussaka that dad made.” Her father was an excellent cook when he applied himself.

Ministry Head ☆ Head of Magical Law Enforcement - Victorian Ministry of MagicScotteh
38 year old Pureblood Human

Today had been one of the days that Jason was not overly busy. He'd been mostly doing rounds through the department, along with visiting several other departments in the Ministry. Some on official duties, and some on more political duties. The path towards Minister of Magic was approaching very quickly, and he'd had overwhelming support from everybody. A lot of ideas had been thrown around, and he'd listened to everyone with their concerns for their individual departments, and the wizarding community in Victoria as a whole. As of now, there was no opposition. He would more than likely be approved by the committee within a matter of a few weeks. Even the retiring Minister, even in his ailing health, had a nice hour long conversation in the morning with Jason.

Jason had gotten settled back into his office around lunch time, and just stared at his lunch bag. He was not looking forward to the sandwich and chips he'd brought. It was the constant safe meal. He wasn't very big on the meals they provided at the staff dining area in the Ministry. Some were good, but most foods were very bland.

When Dox slipped into his office, the smell of food hit his nose. She had brought him food, just like she used to do so many times in the past. Jason got up, and came from behind his desk. He planted a large kiss on Eudoxia, and smiled about the kids with Atlas. He was so excited to be able to spend time with his grandchildren. It was nice his kids could experience the grandparent treatment. Both of his parents would have been proud of them if they had still been alive.

"The day has been beyond boring!" Jason said, laughing. "I've been throughout the Ministry. Political meetings and business meetings." He pulled a seat out for her, and took his seat across from her.

"I can not begin to tell you how excited I am you brought this. That sandwich I packed was making me groan just thinking about having to eat it."

It had been a long time since she had brought him lunch. They used to do this all the time when they had started dating, and then once they had married. When her ex had come back into her life, and his henchman also worked for the ministry they became less frequent… then came Silas and now Persephone. It was one of the many things they had missed out on as of late and it was nice to have a moment to get back to it. ”Well, it is not every day we have the great Greek chef staying with us.” Her father was one who liked to boast his skills just about everywhere. It was something she had gotten used to over the years. ”Besides you should let me pack your lunch.” It was something she needed to better about anyway. 

”Boring… they must know you need a moment of peace.” She said with a smile as she relaxed into the chair.”Political meetings?” She asked her and looked around his office, not much had really changed, he had more pictures on his desk than he did a few years ago. Some of them she had framed herself and given to him for his desk. 

Ministry Head ☆ Head of Magical Law Enforcement - Victorian Ministry of MagicScotteh

"Well, you are going to have to tell him how much I appreciate this. I do enjoy a good cooked meal." Jason smiled. Atlas staying with them had alleviated some pressure from their shoulders. It was nice, in a way, to have someone wanting to do everything around the house for them. Now he knew how much relief Keith felt with the nanny.

"Now, dear, I was not going to wake you up just to have you pack my lunch. I am a grown man. I can do it. Besides, you looked peaceful and beautiful. There was no need to disturb you." Jason missed when she packed his lunches, however. There was always a variety. Never the same thing every day. However, she needed her rest.

"Yes, political meetings. In a way. It was mostly just me chatting with the other departments. Seeing what sorts of changes they would like to see. Discussing policy. Fairly boring. With no apparent opposition, it seems as though I will end up securing the Minister spot soon. As I told you, Stuart wanted me for the spot, and it seems the retiring Victorian Minister has also given his support." It was going to be a huge change for him, and Eudoxia, with him leaving the Head of Magical Law Enforcement for a more politically driven path.

With Atlas there came it’s own stresses but she was relatively pleased he had been here. Her mother had passed a few years ago and though they had not been close in a long time, it had still affected her. She still had moments she wished her mother was here but she had managed to make the most of it. She smiled him.”I won’t, he’s already impossible.” She said with a small sigh. Though she would eventually pass the sentiment along. She did want him to know she did appreciate him being here. It was a big adjustment and Jason returning to work had put far more stress on her than she thought it would. Silas had been easy as a infant but Persephone with Silas had created challenges. Silas had been needier than usual, but she expected he might be. ”Besides I am already sure that he knows he is appreciated.” Silas had been thrilled to have his grandfather around. 

Doe narrowed her eyes at him and laughed. ”You know-the more you say this the more I am convinced you are sucking up for something.” she teased him. He had been reminding her he thought she was beautiful more often however. ”Don’t worry I’ll start packing it at night.” She would pack both of their lunches before, and then his when she left… it got harder to do. 

The fact he was looking at something more political was a little anxiety provoking. Like it had been when he had given a go of it a few years ago. However it seemed a little more for sure this time. She had her fears and worries. However she also knew that this was something he wanted to do… ”that is good yes? To have his support?” She figured it had to be as she took a bite and she looked at him for a moment. ”Do you have your team together?” A political team would be necessary, she knew that much.

"No, I'm not sucking up. I just don't want you to ever forget it. I don't want you to ever feel like you're not beautiful to me." He gave her a small smile. A lot of times after women had a baby, they began to hate their bodies. Not much had changed about Eudoxia, but he knew how she felt about the way she looked. He never once believed her beauty had ever faded.

"Yes, support from both are excellent. Blair was the one who recommended me though." Jason smiled. "I do have a team. I'm keeping the retiring Minister's Senior Undersecretary. She's done a fantastic job, and knows the office well. She has agreed to stay on. My Junior Assistant is not chosen yet, but that will come soon enough." Jason gave her a huge grin at this next one. "My security detail consists of one man, and one man only. Mene. I couldn't think of anyone better for the job, and he was kind enough to be willing to take it. Of course, he will choose him team as well, many of which will be some of the aurors." 

Jason knew if he had Mene at his side, Eudoxia would feel at ease.

There were still times her body still felt as though it belonged to someone else. However she had always been active and with dance, the importance of figure and strength had always been placed on the forefront. She had not lost the small insecurities that had come with that but she felt she had been quick to lose the baby weight. She hoped she had been anyway. Not that Jason would ever tell her she needed to lose anything. She still shifted in the seat she had been sitting in and smiled. ”thank you mi amor.” He’d never complained about how she looked she just hoped it was because he had no complaints and not because he was just trying to spare her feelings. 

The idea of him as minister was one she would have to get used to. To her he had always just been Jason. Then he had been her husband. The Position had not mattered then, at least not in that it changed the fact she had fallen for him… She nodded as he mentioned who he was going to keep and who he needed to be hired still. ”What about for us at home. Will this be something where the kids and I will have our own detail again?” Doe smiled. ”I will have to remember to pack him a lunch too once again.” She smiled. ”It’s the least I can do.” She had become her mother… she felt the need to feed everyone.

"Oh, no. There will be no need for a detail at our home. The full power of the Ministry is at disposal in protective spells and charms around the home of the Minister. Protective spells that are mostly already there anyways." As Head of Magical Law Enforcement, Jason had made plenty of enemies. He was, essentially, he highest ranking member of the Ministry with the exception of the Minister and Undersecretary. 

"You'll be safe, as will the children. It may be good to have someone shadowing you when you're out, but at home? No."

Jason chuckled. "I don't believe you'll have to pack him a lunch. See, he's now in a relationship with someone....I know, surprised me too. Here's the bigger surprise. It's Lucretia Ingram. You remember her, don't you?"

Not that she minded the detail, when she had one due to Malcolm being around, she had ben annoyed more than anything. ”Can I at least have a say so in who they are this time. There were a few who taught Silas some rather colorful things to say.” she raised an eyebrow. The boy had been old enough to parrot things… she had not been thrilled. However she was not sure who they had been more afraid of when she discovered that, her or her husband. She had been rather fond of Mene when he had been on her detail. 

”Good for him.” She commented with a small smile and then looked up as Jason revealed who it was. ”Now that is rather interesting.” She said with a small laugh. ”Good for her.” she decided they only seemed strange if you didn’t know them. ”I can see that being a well matched pair…” 

"You'll have to discuss that one with Mene. He'll be in charge of that. He won't put you with some idiot like the last ones you had." Jason said, laughing. It had taken forever to teach Silas that what he was saying was not nice at all. Jason had not been thrilled, and neither had Doe. Still, looking back, it was funny.

Jason laughed out loud. "Oh yes, a very well matched pair. Two evil looking people. They can walk down any dark alley and nobody would mess with either of them. It's almost terrifying to be honest. And, to see them together? It's weird. I guess it's because of how well I know the two of them though." Jason shrugged.

He finally got around to taking a bit of the food in front of him. "Oh, my. This is so good." He shoveled several more bites into his mouth. 

"You're father really outdid himself this time."

Mene had become one of her favorite people. For many reasons. She had fed him many a lunch in those days and lamented her issues. He also seemed to be one of the few who would talk to her openly and not because she was the boss’ wife. ”Oh stop Mene is not terrifying.” At least Doe had not seen him as scary anyway. He was just a man. She shook her head. ”Neither is Lucretia you just say that.” She was actually glad they both seemed to find happiness with one another regardless of how strange some one may find them. 

”He did.” She nodded. It was nice to have the man around. ”I think we should keep him.” She teased. She knew he had been looking at homes since he had come to visit. ”I think Persephone won him over so we don’t have to have another one to seal the deal.” she teased. Atlas loved having his grandchildren close to him. He was a very happy grandfather. ”Not to mention he can see all three of them.” She said with a small smile. ”He met with a realtor the other day.” 

"You've never had to work with them. Other than you, I believe that she's the only woman I have ever been terrified of when they get angry. She may be scarier than you." He said playfully.

When she said that they should keep him, he laughed. It was not something he'd be willing to do, no matter how much he loved his father in law. "I don't know if I could handle another new born. I think we're done for a while, what do you say?" He asked, smiling. Of course, there would potentially be a time he'd change his mind, but for now, he was perfectly content with the two.

She mentioned a realtor. "Well, I hope he finds a place. I love your father, I do, but I'd rather have him in his own place. He's welcome, of course, until then, but I hope he's really actively finding a home."

She nodded. ”Now I see your problem.” he looked at him. ”You think it I wise to refer to the wife who just gave you another child as scary.” Looking at him she shook her head. However, her words were just as playful as his. She knew he would want Atlas in his own home soon, he was wonderful, but he was her father and she had never really lived under the same roof for very long. They were okay for now but it would change- he would get on their nerves at some point. 

”Like I said we are good on winning over Atlas.” She agreed. She was grateful for her children and though she would never count out more, she had to agree they should at least get through this one being a baby before they consider it once again. ”Besides alone time with you is at premium as it is.” She nodded. ”He is… you know if he and that child he is with plan to work it out he knows she is not welcome in our house.” Doe had not been a huge fan of the new girlfriend after she said some rather horrible things to Petros and then nearly knocked Silas into a moving car. Jason had to make sure his very pregnant wife didn’t slaughter someone and send herself into early labor that day. 

"Yes, I know. You aren't overly thrilled about her. However, dear...." He reached over and took her hand. "If you're father is happy, you should be supportive about it." He gave her a weak smile. "Even if it is a little creepy, and she's a complete bimbo." Jason laughed, and finished the last few bites he had left of his food. 

"I will miss the meals though. He's a terrific chef. Although, if I'm being honest, nobody will ever be as good as you. But, you need that break." Jason grabbed his water, taking a sip. 

"I meant to tell you, by the way, that we're going to be having a Christmas party here at the Ministry this year again. We missed last years, but I figured it would be good for us to mingle. Especially with this Minister spot happening potentially." It was time to be political, which Jason was not very good at. He'd improved with his position as head of magical law enforcement. There was politics about everything needed at the top levels, but Jason still wasn't the best at the fake smile for people he wasn't fond of.

She took a deep breath. ”She nearly knocked our son in front of a moving car.” She said. ”Not to mention what she said about Petros.” She was protective of her younger brother. She had been made his guardian when his mother died and she still felt that connection to him. Not to mention Doe would kill nearly anyone who might hurt her family. ”I heard them arguing on the phone the other night I don’t know if he is too happy with her.” She pointed out but she shook her head. ”She is… so young.” She said with a sigh. ”I will at least be civil when I have to be that is all I can promise.” She finally said. She knew he was sort of right. 

She had enjoyed the break. Persephone was having a hard time sleeping through the night even with the charms to rock her. She had been up early with her this morning as well. She attempted to get up with her since she had not yet returned full time to the studio. ”Not to mention hos great he is with the kids. They adore him.” It gave them both a bit of breathing space. ”and he laps it up.” She smiled. 

The Christmas party. ”Guess that means I need a new dress.” She said with a small smile. She knew that his desire to be minister meant her appearance at more social gatherings. The party was at least fun. She also figured she needed to shop anyway for the public appearances. She didn’t need to be in the tabloids as a fashion don’t. Not that she had ever struggled in fashion… she just liked the excuse. 

"My dear, age is nothing but a number, you know." Jason said, smiling. "Civility would probably be the best coarse of action. I am not really in the mood for having to arrest my own wife. It would be a scandal indeed."Jason patted her hand across the table. "Time will tell. Perhaps your father will find himself someone his age here. Or someone young that isn't a complete bimbo."

Jason smiled. "Yes, he is terrific with the kids. I think they'll enjoy their time with him when he gets settled in. We may never get them back." 

When she said she needed a new dress, Jason snorted with laughter. "It does not surprise me one bit that was your first thought! When there is an excuse for shopping, you certainly aren't going to turn it down, are you?" Of course, Jason himself would probably need to find a new suit. Something a little more elegant than what he already had.

Doe rolled her eyes. ”It is a lot more, she isn’t even in the same life stage.” She could hardly imagine her kids calling her grandmother. It would be horrible. She also didn’t think someone that young would understand the man’s priorities ”Probably not good for your bid for minister.” She said with a small frown. She honestly wouldn’t care if it had happened. ”Though you have never minded using cuffs on me before.” She raised an eyebrow at him at she leaned back into her chair for a moment crossing her legs. ”I would settle for someone who was just simply appropriate for him.” She frowned. Though he was not known for settling down… she didn’t think he would. He had four kids and managed to stay a rolling stone. 

”We might have time to enjoy ourselves once in a while then.” She sat up and shrugged. ”You like when I shop, you know I never buy just a dress, I am always sure to get you something you will like.” Lacey or sheer, or satin… something for her husband was always on the list. ”Besides You want us to look our best. I can have Hank come out to you and fit you for a new suit too.” She suggested. ”If that would be easier?” 

"You're right. I don't mind using cuffs on you, however, not in that way." He said, laughing at her. He nodded at what she said though. He did need someone more appropriate for him. She just acted her age, it seemed. She wasn't exactly mature enough for someone of Atlas' age. Honestly, she was a bit of a gold digger, he was sure.

"Yes, you do. I always enjoy the little things you bring home for me. Maybe shopping won't be too bad for you. It will benefit me." Jason thought about her suggestion for a moment. "That would probably work. I want something that is elegant, but not flashy. You know me. Simple. Although, I would love for you to steal the room. Take the attention off of me." He said, laughing. "It may make things easier for me that way."

They had always been adventurous, pushing one another in many ways. Handcuffs had been one of them. They both enjoyed that from time to time along with other things. ”not as fun I suppose.” She suggested of being actually arrested. It didn’t seem like fun and she had seen them arrest Lot many times and they were never very nice about it. Jason and Doe were actually quite simple considering the amount of money they had between them. Neither liked to be too flashy and they always liked the classic and elegant. Jason of course had his cars, and Doe had a shoe collection that was unheard of but they deserved a little indulgence. She smiled at him. ”I see, I am the decoy.” She nodded. ”that will be easy, I have that red dress with the slit up to here.” She said. He had liked the dress. 

Though maybe not for the wife of the Minister of Magic. ”That would be sure to do it.” She smiled. ”SO they will vote for you so they can see more of me? That is not a bad strategy love.” she shook her head. ”Hank knows what you like by now” There was no one she trusted with her husband’s suits than Hank he was magic with a needle and thread. ”I’ll grab your schedule from your assistant and set something up.” She said with a smile. It was easier to have Hank come to them. 

"It is most definitely not a bad strategy. I'll keep you by my side to keep my approval ratings high. Who wouldn't approve with a beautiful greek woman beside me?" He asked, laughing. Of course, Jason was joking. Although, really, he wouldn't mind to see her in more dresses again. She was gorgeous to him in everything she wore, even if it was just sweats. There was just a natural beauty about her to him. 

Jason nodded. "Yes, that would work best. She can get everything sorted out for me, and get him in here."Jason checked the clock on the wall. He frowned. 

"It's time for me to get back to work, love. I'd love to spend more time with you, but the more I get done now, the quicker I can get home." He stood up, and walked over to her. He picked her up to her feet, and pulled her in close to him. He gave her a long, passionate kiss, and when he pulled away he smiled. 

"You know. It's been enough time for healing, you know. Why don't we meet up at your studio after I get off of work, and you close shop. Have Atlas watch the kids a little bit." He smirked.

Sign in to follow this