Cait

Cait Doesn't Know What the S in Splotting Means

Repository ☆ Freelance WriterCait
2018 year old Non-Magical Human ☆ She/Her

Brinley Abraham Grisham

11 | Transfer Student | 1st Year | Profile Link

ABOUT:

Sent to live with his uncles in Australia after pushing his step-sister down a flight of stairs (she’s fine!), Brinley is currently struggling with a lot of insecurity and self-loathing. He’s still grieving his father, who died a year and a half ago, though it’s not something he talks about. In point of fact, he doesn’t talk about much: He hides his grief, pain, and anger behind a facade of decorum and false pride. Initial interactions with him would show you a stiff, overly-formal boy who speaks with pretension and doesn’t seem to realize how much he holds everyone around him at arm’s length.

Only in the potions lab can one see the boy Brinley could have been, had circumstances been different for him. There, he comes alive, bright with excitement and curiosity and interest. As a result, he spends as much time brewing as possible. When it’s not possible, you can find him studying in the library or playing quidditch (though he’ll tell you the latter is because physical fitness is necessary to keep the brain sharp--he won’t admit that he simply enjoys it).

PLOTTING:

Brinley could use some friends to pull him out of his comfort zone a bit and to teach him how to have a bit of fun. Options could include those who are studious enough to understand the amount of time he spends in the library or those who are friendly enough to try and drag him out to do something social despite his protests.

Brinley is also struggling with a lack of adult guidance and could use an adult mentor or two to lean on in his grief. Ideas could include someone who sees his skill with potions and wants to cultivate it, or someone who notices his self-injury and decides to keep a closer eye on him because of it.

ADOPTABLES:

Though everyone in Brinley’s family is technically up for grabs (including a mother, step-father, two step-sisters, and two uncles), it is his Uncle Waylon (squib) and his Uncle Edmund (accepted muggle) who I’m most excited to have on the board (I’ll be creating adoptable things for them later). These two men agreed to take in a young boy whom they’d never met, and at the time the only thing they knew about him was that he was “angry, out-of-control, and violent” (in the words of Brinley’s mother). They had one week to get to know him before he was sent to school… I’d like to have them start to get to know Brinley throughout the school year via letters, and then over holidays when they eventually get here… Outside of that, though, there’s a lot of chance for you to make them who you want them to be and write your own stories for them. They would have had a whole life before Brinley got here, and should continue to have one!

Squiggy Lux

11 | House Elf | 1st Year Student | Profile Link

ABOUT:

Coming from a master family of late adaptors to the sentient laws, Squiggy live the first three years of zir life in hiding so that zir master wizarding family wouldn’t realize ze existed. Since being freed, along with zir parents, at the age of three, Squiggy has lived in relative poverty, continually ill-treated by wizards who view themselves as better than zir elven family. Despite this, and despite parents who never had an opportunity to be educated, Squiggy has watched zir father fight for elven equality, even going so far as to fight for Squiggy to be allowed to attend school with witches and wizards. Ze is determined not to let zir parents down--especially zir father--a trait which has led to zir keeping zir head mostly down and fighting through schoolwork that is too difficult for zir. So far, ze hasn’t been willing to ask for help, fearful that doing so will make humans believe that elves aren’t capable of being educated. Diminutive, shy, and easily scared, ze has yet to make friends or learn where ze shines. Ze is also trying to teach zirself to read, since ze had no early education. It has limited success.

PLOTTING:

Open to most things, including Friends, Bullies, and Adult Mentors. Come at me!

ADOPTABLES:

Squiggy has two parents and two younger siblings, any of whom could be adopted if you’re yearning to play a house elf.

Teddy Davis

14 | Sturt | 4th Year Student | Profile Link

ABOUT: 

A foster child with a history of severe physical and verbal abuse, Teddy uses anger and insults to keep people from trying to get close to her. She is careful to come across as heartless and mean--an image she has intentionally cultivated--because she would rather believe that she doesn't want healthy relationships than come to terms with the truth: That she doesn't actually understand how they work. Bright, resourceful, and secretly protective of those smaller than her, there is a good side to this prickly bush, though she'll be damned if she lets anyone see it. 

PLOTTING:

One of the things that I'm really excited about with Teddy is that she's at a true crossroads in her life. She still, at this point, has it in her to learn compassion, caring, friendship, and family, but the end-date on that is fast approaching. Will you help her learn to love, or will you fuel the darkness threatening to take her over? 

Plots I'm particularly interested in are rivalsenemiesfriends, and -- if anyone has a character brave enough to tough out the worst of her -- an adoptive family in whatever form that takes (a single dad might be easiest due to her issues with women, but I'd be happy to try anything if you think your character can handle her) (Reserved for one of Kai's). She's fairly anti-intimacy, so romance probably isn't on the table, but closeness and companionship could be. 

ADOPTABLES:

She's one of 17 kids, with a muggle mom and a squib dad. If you want to get in on that crazy Davis action, let me know and I can talk to you about some of her siblings, who range in age from 1-24. Some are more fleshed out as characters; others are pretty open. I suspect she's not the only one in the family with magic, though some others may be better at hiding it than she is. 

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

*Rolls in and Summosn his PERSONA OF PLOTTAGE, PLOT-KAGE!* 

Brinley and the ideas~

In my down time from the true society of the net I have had a bit of time to brainstorm about Brinley! Considering his talent with potions I imagine the firm yet aged guiding hand of @Vladimir Valentin II would be exceptional! (Whose also played by our awesome @SanctusX - AKA VLADDY!) Vladimir is our Alchemy Professor and while the Head of Flinders I think the years of experience and the knowledge he holds would definitely be a Mentorship in the adult sector plot worthy!

Now for fellow Sturts? The head of Sturt House @Anthony Wolfe whose played by the adorbs @Kay, is someone who can always be that cool and suave hand of assistance. There are also a few students who with a rough past of violence @Geraldine Richter (Trust me, she's LOVELY! and played by our smooth @Shell ) Is someone who maybe able to relate to familial troubles. The elder @Holly Bennett portrayed by the ever kitty-like, @Poppy , is another whose been through the rough and tumble of things and plans to come out on top! Always that inspiration that could help out!

Other fun-stuffles? There is a bit of a small population of male students in the school but you want someone studious? Someone that knows the ways of the study and managing life and what it throws at it you? @Aiden Longhurst is the cursed kid to get it to you! (I don't think he's really cursed!) He's manned by our very own spunktacular @Mousie. There is also @Alexander Winfield who seems to pretty much meet almost every new arrival to the school and connects with a lot of the younger students between Tallygarunga and Bilby a like. Fun and pushing people to the limits of being social he's the guy you hate to love and is played by yours truly! *Pulls suspenders!* 

Squiggy and THESE Ideas! - 

Squiggy is a marshmallow, like most Flinders, and the ones I instantly think of is probably the bubbly and perhaps first friendliest student in the school, @Iris Glauert . She's even got Alex beat (BELIEVE IT OR NOT!) she's puppeted by @Shell. Likewise, I think @Aiden Longhurst still fits here, if they need a tutor - what better way than our already known study-sport who gets good grades? Who says Elves and Human's can't be chill in a library!? (Just avoid the Fire Breathing Librarian~.) But we can't stop there, because our dear studious student @Siwan Llewellyn , is knowledgeable and experienced the world outside of Australia! She's handled by the ever so artistic @Chromatic

Aside from still connecting Squiggy to hir Head of House, @Vladimir Valentin II, there are few who understand the trials of being a Non-Human or even part Non-Human in a school of primarily Human than @Cassandra Sullivan (Our resident Fae-Bae!), Spunky and energetic she can practically break through the tension with her upbeat and understanding style! She's handled by the ever so Mama-Cat @LilyCat. There is also another new transfer student, who perhaps may understand Squiggy's issues better than most people - not every day you get the coolest Centaur lady around! @Evony Wynter who is handled by the ever so cool @Nikki. I didn't say 'Big and Small!' in my head like a comedy duo~. 

Need some more friends? That's good, because I have a few more! @Alexander Winfield is still in the running for it all! Especially those that feel they need a bit of guidance in the face of social distress but more importantly those that feel they need a bit of an picker-upper. He understandings being inept, understands how it feels to be stared out from a blunder or a mess up - he just pretends it doesn't bother him. Someone who can help Squiggy see the goal at the end of hir tunnel. There is also the very sporty, very Bourke, @Tyson McKennis whose also man-handled by me! While he's less known for being 'Friendly' he understands being determined and knows self-confidence is the path of success. A plot that could help Squiggy find that same kind of strength eventually! 

• LOL 1

I love that you just volunteered everyone to play with me ❤️ Hilarious. (Also, anyone who was tagged and read this... Please plot with me! Haha. Like, you're not being voluntold, but I liked all Kai's ideas, so if you also like them, hit me up! :)

Kai--well. I'm chatting with you right now. But... all the threads! 

• Like 1

✩ Moddies ☆ Stay at home Mom✩ Shell

@Cait I came as promised!  so let's geeeet this party started in heeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeee!

Brinley & Gerry - Gerry, as stated, is my anger child, and is in the same house as Brinley - Sturt!  She's a sixth year and has got this really weird soft spot for kids [quite possibly because of one of her early friends Lee Evans who would also be a first year, but a Spencer].  Other than a shared house and some serious anger issues, the two also share a love of potions, spending way too much time in the library, and playing Quidditch, so they've really got a lot available to go for them!

Squiggy & Iris - Iris is very, very different from Geraldine.  Instead of reservation, fear, and anger, she's bubbles and open-ness and sunshine....and entirely far too distractable / forgetful / clumsy.  She loves people on sight instead of hating them, giving them chances to get on her bad side instead of on her good.  She's pretty accepting of most people, although she has her hard spots [which off the top of my head i cannot recall i need to re-read her it's been too long].  She's also a Flinders -- a fifth year, but it hardly matters.  Right now she's all about fashion but I'm pushing her into music instead because nothing usually sticks for long [but this will gdi].

@Shell

Brinley & Gerry should definitely hang out. Maybe she could be the one he borrows notes from after potions class? (Not sure if you've read his reply there, but he's p'd off that he's getting tested on something everyone else learned last term when he wasn't here). Might be a good place to start them.

And Iris would be really good for Squiggy--Squigs needs someone who doesn't judge them right off the bat. I've got an open Squiggy thread in the Great Hall if that's of any interest to you, or we could start something new for them... Also, if she's moving past a love of fashion/that's in there somewhere, they might have stuff to talk about. Squiggy's mom is a seamstress, so Squiggy knows something about making clothes, but the clothes ze wears zimself are... rough around the edges, to say the least--mostly scraps of fabric zir mother sewed together for zim. So Squiggy has sort of that dichotomy going on between appreciating fashion on others and not being able to afford it zimself.