Sadrienne

Preparations for plotting pandemonium!

★ Admin ☆ Tinkerer of Things That Shouldn't Be Tinkered★ Sadrienne
2018 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

Plots ahoy!

Ready to make some awesome happen?

Behind the scenes, Lily and I have been drafting outlines for some epic plottage that will allow every member and every character a piece of the action. We're keeping it skeletal at the moment, and no---we won't be giving spoilers! Our aim is to incorporate as many of your ideas as we can when they come up. 

How board-wide plotting works

Essentially, we create a scenario. You tell us what you want your characters to do about it. We use that to push the plot forward. 

It's going to be a proper member-driven story, so the question we want you all to ask yourselves when we bring in new information is "how does this affect my character? What could/would my character do about it?".

And if you're not sure what sort of things are okay, ask us! (Okay, one spoiler: almost anything is going to be okay. We want you to be creative!)

We also have a list of possible things characters could do, so if you need help finding something that fits your character? Again -- we're here to help.

Who is the plot about?

Everyone. All characters have the ability to be involved and affected by what's happening. If there are things you'd rather stay out of, let us know! This plot isn't confined to a certain group of characters, and new roles will be added as we (and you guys!) think of new ways more characters can do their part.

Lily and I will be using a couple of our characters to push things along, and it may seem like they have the "main" roles. This is just our way of keeping things happening, and these characters will also be available in-character for characters wanting to find out what they can do. 

How long will the plot go for?

As long as it takes. We don't want to rush things with time-frames. At this point, we have a loose outline of "phases", and those will be dependent on how things progress IC. I can tell you that we're planning for the long term.

Plot roles available

Although the plot will work with exactly the characters we have now, there are a few additional characters that would be useful to have. Because the plot is intended to be long-term, anyone who takes these roles should understand that if they are not able to play the character for an extended period of time (which is always perfectly fine, it happens!), the character may be written as an NPC or passed to another player.

Some characters that would be useful:

• Lanelle Bellemer (deputy headmistress, Penrose. Ambitious, calculating. Pureblood, 37 years old)
  • Kerrigan Ross (Headmaster, Greyheme. Well-connected, well-groomed. Military-like. Pureblood, 50 years old)
  • Seth Rice (wizarding accountant and investor, ex-husband to Kate Belmont. Pureblood, 49 years old)
  • Editor of The Mage wizarding newspaper
  • Journalists at The Mage wizarding newspaper
  • Negative-Space building development company members (high-end wizarding community developers)
  • Victorian Minister for Magical Education (graduate of Greyheme or Penrose, rival to Alan, around 50-51 years old)
  • Troublesome students
  • Aurors stationed permanently in Narrie (at the local Auror station)

If you're interested in taking up any of these roles, please message Mousie and Lily with the role you'd like to take---and the sort of character you'd like to play for it. Alternatively, message Mousie or Lily with an idea of a character you'd like to play, and we'll see how it fits with what we've got in mind.

Question time!

Got any questions not answered here? Post them below!

• You're Evil! 1
  • Drama Llama 1