Sign in to follow this  
Sadrienne

Happy Six Months, Tally!

★ Admin ☆ Tinkerer of Things That Shouldn't Be Tinkered★ Sadrienne
31 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

Those of you who have not encountered my over-emotional speeches before, welcome to what will be the first of many!

Today marks the six month anniversary of Tally's return, also known as the moment I was truly ready and strong enough to return to being Mousie.

And I had my fears, a lot of them. It wasn't the first time I'd thought about it, it wasn't the first time I talked to Lily about it, and it wasn't even the first time we tried it. I was very afraid that everything would fall apart, and worse---that I would be shunned by those I used to love and consider close friends before we drifted apart.

You all proved me so beautifully wrong. I cannot thank all of you enough for the support and love and energy you've all put into helping Tally return with the same strong and loving community it was always known for. Whether you're new to us, or old hands, I feel we've done an amazing job of fostering a community that is inclusive and supportive. Every day in my life is better than the last, knowing that I have you guys there. 

I'm so proud of what we've got here, and the way that you all uphold the community values (even though I only officially posted those last night!). You make Tally a joy to admin, a creative outlet that challenges me in the best ways. Like all communities, we've had our struggles---and they've not broken us. We'll go forward as we always have, using each struggle to find ways to be better, to continually improve who we are as a group.

I'm proud of every one of you, new and old members. Current and former members. Some of you I've known since you were in school and been on the other side of the computer screen with a full heart as you made your way through life to become adults that I am so incredibly privileged to know. Some of you I've only known months or days, and I'm so excited for the stories we'll create together.

We're six months in, and this is only the beginning. If you know me, you know I'm in for the long haul. Tallygarunga will be around for a long, long time to keep making more awesome. Together, we'll keep collecting friends and new family, writing wonderful and dramatic stories, and even those of us who can't be active will always be Tally family.

A special mention to Lily, my glorious bestest friend and fellow admin, and to Chromie and Kai for taking up the mod mantles when duty called. Without you guys, none of this would be possible. Especially the hundreds of thousands of times you guys stop me having full-scale meltdowns (usually over coding that won't behave).

I love you guys so much. Thank you for following me this far.

We are Tallygarunga, and we regret nothing.

Love always,

Your Mousie.

• Love it! 1

★ Admin ☆ Resident Mamacat & Sorter of Awesome★ LilyCat
100 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

The only good melting moments are the cookies. Nom. But yas, I did say if could be done! And it was! And then there was light... and all was something something probably more blue-eyed freak nonsense.

But that aside, backing up Mousie's words, this place is awesome because everyone who becomes a part of it makes it that way. As for the Mousieness herself, she's done an amazeballs job in kicking it back into gear, and ermahgerd all the autonomousness that she'd accomplished with the coding craziness. It's insane, but amazing. Fully loving having my Tally characters in my life again, with their weird and wonderful adventures, and looking forward to many more years of it.

❤️❤️

Your neighbourhood mamacat.

Sign in to follow this