Jonathan Azai

Invite Old Prejudices, New Blood [May 13th, 2018]

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore
26 year old Halfbreed Fairy ☆ HE/HIM

The last thing that Jonathan had expected to be doing on this particular day had been out, way out and away from the office. All for some note that clearly had some form of misguided attempt to 'lure him on emotion', just goes to show however, that nothing in the past is truly left there. Some how, some way, it always seems to rear its head and clutch at the heels like a cobra and squeeze tightly to let that venom course through the veins of a persons life. As he stood at the edge of a small property that seemed to be deeper into the country side, his fingers clutched tightly at the paper that hadn't truly from it since it had arrived through his mailbox. 

'The time of purity has arrived! We will start with cleansing you half-breeds - mistakes to society! First up, is your Daughter, I'm sure you'll be quite shocked and saddened at the same time for this funeral. Don't be late to see the aftermath of your corruptness!'

It reeked of cliché and yet one thing he knew with bigots as well as 'purists' was that more often than not they were dead serious."They must be on some good drugs to make such a leap of logic, however. . ." Jon spoke to himself as his head shook at the thought that he would have some child. He was careful, not wanting to bring a child into this kind of a screwed up world, one where their father was by every aspect of it all a criminal and a murderer but also a 'Guardian' of sorts if one were to look at what the Yakuza accomplish in the time of need and unity. Either way a child seemed to potentially be in danger and that wasn't something he was going to risk having on his conscious, his name, or his honor. 

The truth had also been he had no idea who this child's connection him had been - the note had no name but had enough familiarity that the writer knew of him and his past connections. It could be anywhere from a couple to several years ago.

As he drew closer towards the rundown building it looked as if it had seen better days, the wood rotten, most of it scorched from intense heat and perhaps the war against the elements over the years. Out front stood two guards in uniformed garments signifying that they were apart of some group, the markings and look of them a complete alien entity to the man as he stared from the distance trying to get a better understanding of who and what he was dealing with in full detail. 

"Shit, I don't even know who the kids mother is and hopefully she won't clam up on me after getting through - if I get through. This looks like it's going to be a rough bit as a one man job. . ." Even with his capabilities getting a watched hostage and intentional sacrifice won't be easy and time wasn't going to be his friend in this endeavor as his hand gently rubbed at his chin keeping everything he had assessed in the forefront of his mind. 

• Like 1

VMU Students ☆ Studying Magical Crimnology / Mum / Radio HostPoppy
25 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

Everything had looked alright from the outside of the building, the images of outside of the perfectly normal apartment complex she lived in with her child flashed through her mind’s eye as she stepped over the body that once belonged to her daughters babysitter. Holly barely noticed the odd angle the young witch’s neck now lay at, the trickle of blood coming from the corner of her cupid bow mouth or even the wand that lay discarded by her lifeless corpse. All Holly could focus on was the silence and that piece of paper that lay neatly folded on the table, the one piece of furniture that wasn’t upside down or missing large chunks.

The silence almost had weight as she moved around scattered objects towards that neatly folded parchment. Her hand moving out to pick it up between her fingers, holding her breath as she unfolded it and read the simple words that were scribbled along the parchment.

Someone had Saffron.

Someone had broken into her home, killed the only damn babysitter she could get for an affordable price and stolen her child. Heat started to make its way too her fingers, eventually that heat would ignite and she would lose the only clue to her daughters whereabouts.

Well, it wasn’t so much a clue as a set on instructions with the dastardly plan to murder her daughter scribbled out for her to read. It also kept company with some rather unpleasant comments about people such as herself who could boast being a half breed. Taking a deep breath she allowed her hands to cool so that the letter in question was not in danger of bursting into flames.

Then with a few deep breaths, she turned, stepped over the familiar corpse again and headed to the address she was directed too.

It took her longer than she would have liked to get to the building in question. It was clearly a rundown building, something that could be seen much clearer as she approached. Holly hadn’t really decided what she was going to do when she got there. The thought of just burning everything to the ground was there, but, if her child was in the building than that was something she couldn’t do.

It was as she neared a good spot to observe from that she saw a figure she recognized, a figure that caused her to catch her breath.        

This just went from one level of bad too another.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, approaching the man she knew as Jonathan, the man who she had kept a secret from.

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

There were several different ideas that rushed through his mind on the way that he could enter into this 'compound' unhindered and without alerting the ones that were on the inside. If he'd made himself known too soon he couldn't properly say the safety of this 'supposed daughter' could be guaranteed. Not with those that were fitted with a vendetta against half-breeds. Extremists of one of the most archaic forms of hatred were hardly ever deterred and the larger chance had been they'd attempt to kill the both of them, two 'impures' for the price of one plan. Yet, every plan that came to mind offered him the issue that he wasn't aware of the full layout of this building and being ill-prepared for what other surprised could be around. 

Such as a ward or aged metals that could be hazardous towards his health. Much like letting his guard even a fraction of a bit down that he noticed the footsteps of a person who seemed to be approaching towards him. A hand rose up slowly as he pushed it into the lining of his jacket to grasp at his wand, preparing himself for a quick attack the moment he found the opening suitable. At least until the voice that reached out disarmed him instead and the tips of his fingers fell away from the handle of his wand.

"Of all the times and of all the people that would choose to walk up behind me. . ." Jonathan responded in only a partial disbelief. If there had been anything he was sure of it was that coincidences don't exist, if something seemed like a form of setup it probably was. Validation was granted even further to that idea by the fact that it had been a woman from his past, one unforgettable as much as her voice had been for many reasons. 

A huffed sigh escaped his lips and gave the facility one final cursory glance before turning attention towards Holly. "I would say 'that is my line' but I have never been one to think that this would all be random chance." Too many factors with their both being of non-human stock high on that particular list. "Apparently some hatemongerer believes I have fathered a daughter and has attempted to use that as bait." The unique indigo hues with void-black rings around the iris of his eyes side glanced the building just behind himself. "At first I thought it was just some drugged laden high, an. . . Enemy attempting to manufacture some kind of weakness.

His particular brand of enemies would benefit much from that kind of a potential weakness. Jonathan's eyes fixated back onto Holly. "Then you show up. Now I believe they may actually be on to something if you're here to reclaim a lost daughter. That or they're sorely mistaken on who the father actually is."

Her knee jerk reaction when he first turned towards her and spoke was to brush off why she was here and make out that her question was innocent in nature. She could pretend that coming too abandoned buildings that may contain racially inclined bigots was an everyday occurrence for her. She could, perhaps, pass it off as something she was studying for university. All these thoughts occurred to her and maybe more as well. There was an over arching problem, though. One she would need help with. That problem was those racially inclined bigots had her innocent daughter and Holly was woefully inept at the sort of magic that would get her child back alive and allow herself to leave alive as well.

The hard cold truth was she needed help to get her daughter back safely and kick the snot out of whoever had her. This meant that she was going to have to break some rather unpleasant news to the man before her. News she’d never considered breaking to him before, news that she knew would cast her in a rather bad light. In this moment though, she didn’t care. All she cared about was her daughter and if she would break this wizards world if she had to for her daughter.

“Her name is Saffron,” Holly said followed by a sigh before walking up to stand near him, she had to tilt her head up slightly to make sure she was looking into his eyes when she dropped this bombshell “And, they aren’t mistaken. You are her father. I don’t know how these people, whoever they are, found out. To be honest I don’t much care how they did either.”

She could have, and should have, said more regarding his paternity of Saffron, her bright eyed and beautiful child. Right there and then though all she cared about was her daughter being alive and well and hopefully not scarred for life after seeing her babysitter murdered.

Please tell me you have a plan.” she said finally, doing her best to hold back the tsunami of emotions that were threatening to erupt from her.

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

"Saffron. . .

The name had been repeated softly as he tried to recognize its sound on his lips, the way it had been pronounced in his ears. It felt so alien as well as sounded. A stranger to him that should have been more than so. On one hand it sent a pit of irritation through him that refused to be shown equally as much as understanding it could have been seen as more reasonable. By any standards he was not a 'good man', he was better than most in his profession and that wasn't a high standard to beat. A hand rose up and he tapped the side of the index finger against the base of his forehead in thought, as if it'd help him process the news even faster. 

"It sounds like they were doing me more of a favor on one part, knowledge. Something so crucial. I'd have expected you to tell me yourself." What was he to expect? She'd always been a free spirit of her own choice. One of the few things that had been a draw if he had been asked to be honest on what first attracted him a few years ago. "But that information holds no time at this moment." A firm spoken voice with a hint of a chill behind the tone. It hadn't been reserved for her nor the news given, rather, it was that moment he had shifted from himself to. . ."Himself". 

"At the time you arrived I had been devising one. Though with your arrival it would change it. . . Slightly." Could he sneak the both of them in? His handle on the capability that lingered within the blood were phenomenal no doubt. Though if this girl truly had been of his brood then he maybe able to extend his search to a much more honed approach. "Even if just a trickle I should be able to sense the blood in her veins with my own. Getting in is the problem and busting in with magic blazing isn't the best solution." His eyes shifted across the field once more taking quick mental notes of the expenditures of shadows that had been provided through the shift of the sun. 

"Mmm... It seems it may have moved in our favor. I could cast a slight hidden aura around us as long as we keep close to the shadows. Two people will be a difficult focus but if we take our time we could get to the door enough to see what kind of lock we're dealing with. Might even get an idea of numbers."

Holly watched him closely as he absorbed the news that he had been successful in passing on his genes, that those genes had formed a young girl. As he tapped his forehead with a finger the urge to reach up and snap the offending finger rose quickly. She knew this was a boat load of information that had just been dumped on his lap, more information that any person could sanely deal with but there and then she’d much have preferred if he’d just get on with laying out his plan. It also better be a good one, since, her plan was pretty much through fire balls at everyone.

Then, after what felt like a century the new father spoke.

The plan he was saying sounding more like a ‘play it by ear’ plan than a solid one. She left had curled into a tight fist as it heated up. The temptation to throw fire was rapidly rising. This increased as she turned to face the building where her daughter was being held, the building where the murderers of the best damn babysitter she’d had it a while were sitting, probably congratulating themselves on a job well done.

What brave people, kidnapping a child, murdering a young woman. As her internal feelings and thoughts raged, she knew her outside would also be shifting. Her eyes and features slowly becoming more bird like as she watched the house, the anger drowning out anything else Jon would have said. Taking a deep breath she tried to push away the rising rage, before turning back to the man who stood beside her.

“I’ll follow whatever plan you have,” she said softly before turning her face away from him and back to the building in question “But, if my daughter is hurt in anyway,” she turned her face back to him as she said the next bit “I’m going to burn them all alive.” this was delivered in a flat and serious tone.

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

There'd been many things to consider in a speeding moment. For him, it wasn't just the fact that he held a daughter that had been sired but one that was of mixed blood. A target made from past discretions - albeit not one that he could ever say he'd regret. The regret was more towards the fact that it put her in much more danger than just simply being a half-breed to other people, such as the Purists that held her now. Indigo-black hues situated on Holly as he watched her hand flex tightly. 

Did she already plan to go head on in without a plan in the first place? Just run in flinging? 

'The sounds just like her.' The words spoken to himself in thought. "Hrm. . . I forgot what it was like to raze your anger. How foolish of me to forget such a thing." He walked over towards her and gently grasped at her wrist. His empty hand extended out as he turned it slowly as if he'd been trying to turn the knob of a door, nearby shadows pulled and encircled the two of them as if drawing them under a form of 'invisible' covering and he started to move forward in gentle steps. Being unseen didn't mean being unheard, after all. He couldn't drown out sound into some void. 

"Just remember, Holly. Our daughter's survival hinges on whether or not you can contain yourself before reaching her. Regardless of the state she maybe in." The tone of his voice lowered into a whisper but one that held a form of chastisement and authority behind it. Though the woman had much more right to claim the child than him, the survival of not only the child but all three of them had been paramount for him. "After we've retrieved her? Then you can burn to your hearts content. No love loss would be from me." Their lives were forfeit the moment they had attempted to bargain with him in his opinion. 

A hand pressed against the outside wall of the building as he expected the side of it that he couldn't see. Wooden doors with metallic hinges left opened as if it had been recently used or was going to be used in some short time. Jonathan couldn't tell from this particular angle but it seemed like a much better bet than trying to knockdown the front door. "There, that door on the side. It's like a back entrance. . . If they're trying to sneak things in, it might be fair to say they'd be holding here there or near there on the inside." His hand released her wrist as he reached inside of his jacket to withdraw his wand and stayed close towards the wall. "Follow and stay close.

It was a steadied pace towards the gate where he'd peer through the hinges cracks. A single eye caught only but a brief moment of things on the inside. "Hrm. . . I can see. . . A few people. Not that many. There does seem to be a guard posted at a door slightly further to the back. Armed with his wand from the way he's grasping his pants for dear life. They must be jumpy." His back placed against the wall as he snorted. "As much as I would hate to do this to you. . . How well do you think you can make a distraction? I think they rather enjoy either a beautiful woman or a hell-raiser as a choice. I should be able to sneak in and disable the guard at the door to check who or what is inside.

A risky plan. He had been hoping on that with a distraction it would just make the guard intensely alert and not irrational, an alert guard was much easier to handle in that regard.

Holly nearly jerked away when he took her wrist, not out of some aversion to being touched. They did have a child together so the pair of them had done numerous sorts of touching back when, well, they might not have been all that clever in what they were doing. Her jerk was more of a knee jerk reaction to him touching her hand, a hand which was very close to forming it own fire. It was a good thing that he reached for her, since that small movement brought the young witch back down to reality. A reality that told her going in fire flying would not only get her killed but Saffron as well.

“Thank you,” she said after he spoke. Her temper could often get the better of her and in this situation it would have ended badly, very badly. Holly followed him into the veil of darkness, almost as passive as a chastised child following an adult. Her passivity wouldn’t last long but in this moment she was willing to be led and instructed in what she was to do. This was helped by the fact that she could burn the whole thing to the ground after Saffron was safe.

When they stopped by the wall the urge to rush in and save Saffie rose up again, something that she was close to doing after Jon dropped her wrist it was only him telling her to stay close and follow him that stopped her. Though as he peered through a crack in a door her impatience started to raise again, that was until he started to speak. Could she cause a distraction he asked, causing her to raise a single eyebrow at him.

Reaching back with one hand she gripped the small band that was holding her long hair back into a ponytail almost ripping it out of her hair allowing aforementioned locks to fall down around her shoulders.

“I think I can distract them a bit.” she said whilst getting her wand from under her jacket and using one of the few cosmetic spells to enhance a few key features “As long as I don’t have to do a dance.” she smiled wryly at him with that comment “I was never very good at the seductive dance of the Veela.” once she’d finished doing whatever she could to enhance her appearance, she turned and walked to the door before shooting him one last look over her shoulder.

“Wish me luck.” then once he was out of sight, she knocked and waited.

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

He'd taken the grateful phrase as one involving trying to keep the woman much more grounded. There was fault or judgement from him on the anger that must have dug deep for the young woman. It was a child she'd raised, loved, nurtured when sickness reared its sniffling head. Perhaps it was a feeling he should have held within himself, even with the news gifted so late. A thought that lingered in his mind that maybe certain types of monsters just didn't have that capability? Or maybe he'd feel different seeing her face to face or even with time itself. 

It was a risk that had been taken to release her wrist since it could add less of an anchor to the awareness of the scene. Jonathan chose to trust in her own senses as a form of 'Mama Tiger' in this regard, the goal held the potential to be just around the corner which pushed the stakes up further on how much of a gamble they were going play for this gambit. 

The way her hair flowed freely after the band was removed caused a small smirk to don. "I did say a bit. The dance would perhaps overshoot that mark phenomenally." Regardless if she used it, if it were good or bad - it would have been a distraction that drew the eyes in a beneficial way. "But I'm sure you'll have them eating out of your palm one way or another." That included, to him, feeding them a literal fireball into the mouth. She didn't need to be as brutal as he was, not a style that he'd wish another to adopt so freely or easily. 

"Good Luck." It was a spoke whisper almost as silent as the shadows that would recede away from Holly, retreating back to reinforce around Jonathan at the beckon of his will. Back pressed ever firmly against the wall where he proceeded to use his much more agile nature to press light steps along the jagged portions of the wall to crawl ontop of the gate itself. A way to bound himself over it the moment the opening would allow for him to. 

Meanwhile. . .

The knock on the surface of the wood prompted excited voices of alerts. Words were slightly mumbled at first a sign of various whispers that richocheted between them. They'd expected people but it took them by slight surprise and concern that any of them would arrogantly knock on any of their doors. After a few more seconds passed with ruffled movements two of them pressed a hand against each gate and opened it wide to survey what form of 'guest' visited them. "Oy'! Who is it?!" It wasn't a strong voice, the two that appeared before Holly barely looked as if they knew the hardened life of crime. Their hair had been well kept, clothing that drapped from their body spoke of a well-to-do life of privelage and high clase finance spending. 

Their wands were tightly gripped in hand and raised enough that it showed they would attack if necessary, on guard but not fully threatening. One could consider it an opening as much as it being on guard. A guard that only dropped lower as they witnessed what they could only consider a form of peerless beauty and not one that resembled the target they were told to watch out for. "Hey, Xaiver, look at this here. Looks like we have ourselves a lost beauty." One of the guards spoke up with the only major identifying figure on him being a slight scar above his eyebrow. 

The one identified as 'Xaiver' seemed to wear a bland yet tight-necked tie. "What brings you here, love. It's clearly only a well-bred woman would have killer looks like that, maybe you've come to get in on the action?"