Derrick Ackers

Complete Where are we going? [May 15th, 2018]

Professor Head of Spencer ☆ Professor at Tallygarunga✩ Kaitore
26 year old Halfblood Human ☆ HE/HIM

The last month had been a bit hectic even for his own tastes, he liked crashing weddings as much as the next person but never to cast a spell that would put a wave of people to sleep. He to admit that was one thing that put him in a bit of a bad mood, mostly, because it reminded him of a crucial part within his life. As much as he tried to keep an optimistic front to it, it held a heavier weight on him. Which perhaps didn't help that he had recently then and even now considering the very idea that he had been trying to escape, what were he and Arti? They never classified things just. . . Happened, what they did, just happened. 

Not that he was complaining, she was fun and it was a good feeling and presence to have albeit the uncertainty was something he wasn't used to and even more so the constant thought of the fact it was even a present thing. 

Today was a primarily mild day in comparison to what the weather had been like and being near the lakeside offered up a much better breeze than being directly in the city which was comforting in its own way. A long sleeved shirt nestled on him which was covered by a light jean jacket as he stood directly at the waters edge just peering at the constantly bubbling and flowing stream that coursed through the area. As much as it had been his opposite in every way, it ironically offered a calm that gave him some time to reflect and consider the words that he needed to say and not sound like a bumbling idiot - or worse- have it fully Derrick-fied where it wouldn't even be said, it'd be entirely avoided by him with some kind of ploy. 

It was tough when you're the opponent to yourself where it all needed to count and you needed to stand up, there you were, slapping yourself down. His hand fished through his coat pocket to pull out his phone as his head tilted slightly, he had been waiting Arti to arrive, knowing that the place he told her to meet him at was something unorthodox to what they usually would do, where they'd usually go. Even to the point that a small little basket with picnic goods settled inside of it and its woven surface planted right next to his legs, not the best day for a picnic but who really wanted to sit in a drenching heat for that kind of stuff?

Derrick leaned his head back to let his eyes gaze skyward and let out a gentle sigh - it had been a while since he actually had nerves like these that welled up within him. It seemed to stretch like a wave of heat and pressure against his skin that condensed its own form of perspiration. Like someone pressed a heavy fur coat over his entire body.

"Come on, Sparky, you ain't 'fraid of nothing." A gentle whisper to himself.  

Melbourne ☆ Musician & Artist, Gallery Cafe Owner★ LilyCat
22 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

It had been an interesting invitation, but Arti wasn't about to pass up one of the last semi-decent days to go out before winter really set in. Though she was surprised that he would be so bold as to want to arrange a rendezvous at the lake. Then again, maybe she shouldn't have been surprised, after the amount of tales they'd shared. At least, she was sure that was the reason he wanted to meet up, right? They'd hung out a few times, but usually their more quiet meetups were for 'hooking up', which she didn't mind in the least. In any case, she was dressed in a woolen mini dress with long sleeves, thigh-high socks, knee-high boots, and had a comfy coat on as well, when she apparated to the lake and then looked around.

And there he was, facing the lake already, though staring up at the sky. She crept up quietly as she could, before then flopping against his back like the paper weight that she was, grinning against his jean jacket, before tilting her head to look up at him.

"Afraid? Oh my, you mean you haven't done it at the lake before?" Artemisia snickered, before rolling her eyes, "Why would you even suggest it if you were scared?" It took a moment for her to notice the picnic basket, and she blinked a little, before glancing up at him again, some confusion in her features.

Derrick was so worked up on the inside that he hadn't noticed there was another person entering into the area until the presence of weight pressed against his back. "Bwalrgh!? Cling-on! CLING-ON!" He immediately knew who it was regardless simply from the very attached welcome that had been offered, it wasn't like he had women going around flopping against his back.  . . . Well, not at any more, not recently which had been a larger alert in his mind than he had given credit. It wasn't until this moment where he had begun to see the more 'rightness' of his intention. An eyebrow arched upwards as he gave a large grin with a brief twitch of his head without any form of shame from the words that were about to flow. "Oh, no, I have done it a lake PLENTY of times. In the lake, on a boat in a lake, I think I did it in a school fountain once. . .Uhh… Actually, I don't think they even cleaned that thing out either! Ew...

He could only chuckle as his face shifted into a faux expression of disgust. "Hey, hey - Sparky ain't 'fraid of nothin'!" Not an entire truth but his fear wasn't here, not in that kind of fashion. And yet, it was right in front of him in all of its 'possibilities' in everything that could be a potential repeat but also something vastly different, as much as it could be something that was 'nothing' depending on the answer. "Actually, I came here with an entirely new kind of intention. Even had my sister make some good stuff cause well. . . You deserve to NOT have take out and bad cooking. But I make killer smores, no one like me puts it out!"

Babbling, boy was he at a good start - A sarcastic thought to himself as he shook his head. He pulled out a blanket and layered it over the grass and placed the basked on top of it. "I made this entirely vague or at least intended for it to seem like 'the usual' because I thought if you knew the -real- reason you'd try to dip out on me!" He stated in his usual joking and playful manner, arm extended out in a showcased flair to guide her to sitting down. "This actually a picnic to. . . I guess to just hit the boulder quick without playing the 'word game' talk about us maybe being more than jus bed-roll buddies. Something a bit more. . . Gods I hate Auds. . . Serious. Didn't think I'd ever actually have this kind of conversation again!"

"I was about to say, I couldn't imagine you not having done it around here before... though, gross, I hope they did clean out that fountain," Artemisia's nose wrinkled as she considered the state of the school's fountains. She was relatively certain that the groundskeeper scrubbed them out at least once a year. There were too many idiots who went through that school that would probably accidentally drink from there at some point or another, or dare one another to at least. "Please, I can feel the tension from here," Arti wrapped her arms around him from behind for a brief moment to squeeze lightly, before then releasing him and stepping around to his side.

"A new intention, that sounds ominous..." The young woman's brows rose for a brief moment, but she watched as he laid the picnic rug out, her lips twitching into a small smile as she recalled something from a long time ago. She shook the thought away, however, as she listened, snorting softly at the accusation that she might be the one to dip out because she was scared or something. Scared of what, exactly? She moved to sit, easily, but then blinked and tipped her head to stare up at him.

"Oh... wait, what?" It was taking a moment to process, but Arti then looked off over the lake for a moment before chuckling quietly, "So, you invited me here to ask me if I want to be your girlyfriend?" She asked in a semi-teasing tone, lifting a brow as she looked to him again with a small smirk, "That means you lost the game, you know that right?" She then grinned, followed by a faux wicked cackle.

"Gross? Admit it, you want a fountain experience too, don't ya? Everyone wants a fountain experience and they all come crawling to Sparky." The tips of his fingers slide along the collar of his coat as he clutched it proudly and extended it out as if he were showcasing a suit. Corner of his lip turning upwards into a smirking smile. A slight gasp escaped from him feeling her arms wrapped around him, that was something he didn't expect and yet. . . He should've expected it considering that she had read his much more pensive nature in the moment, something entirely unlike him. "I'm never tense, must be your imagination. You have a pretty good one and all that." Playing stoic, a false bravado for sure but it helped him keep his mind collected. 

Derrick's features shifted into a false shock as if he had been accused of the most heinous crime plausible. "Ominous?! Me?! Such a thing to say. I am never ominous, always the bright and cheerful hero on the scene." There was a lingering nervousness but it had been old ground that hadn't been trampled. It was as if finding a step in old ruins of the past where every inch inside beckoned a larger sound inside that greeted a sense of uncertainty. 

Even as it left his mouth, the idea of just talking about it - part of him wanted to run. To disguise his 'running' as just another travel around the world as he usually did. "Well, yea, it's a nice scene here. Crashing waves and potentially good food." Then his eyebrow raised up as he scoffed. "You know what - nevermind~. I'll just go off and travel again!" He stated in a joking manner. "But I mean, hey, if you don't want to that's fine by me! There are other artistic brunette's in the sea. Maybe. Probably not." He offered a casual shrug as he sat down. 

"And technically, it'd mean I'd win! I'd be getting what I want and you're left with a choice and position of my own making! Bwahahaha."

"Who's to say that I haven't had my own fountain experiences, hm?" Arti smirked as she cuddled lightly from behind, before moving around beside him, "Totally tense. Cannot fool moi." She tutted softly as she waged a finger, though snickered at his response to her accusation of being ominous. "Mhm, I know how this works. Publicly makes everyone think he's a hero, but really he's the villain behind the scenes, hiding away and waiting for the right  moment to strike!" She clapped her hands together, and then cackled, before offering a lopsided grin to the man, before rolling her eyes at his defensiveness.

"Wow, mature Sparky. 'Oh no, she's picking on me for trying to ask her to go steady, I'm going to run away!'," The small brunette's rendition of his voice was something to be laughed at, never quite able to rid herself of the French accent and trying to make her voice deep as though that would make it sound more masculine. She huffed softly as she shook her head, "There are very few like me... and, no, I win." She huffed.

"After all, you are the one who considered it first, and asked me first, which means you're openly admitting that you want me to be your girrrrlfriend. I win!" Artemisia grinned cheekily at him, however she then shuffled close and leaned against his side, "But sure. What can it hurt to try?" Her answer came easily with a gentle shrug, "I mean... it is a little daunting. But, I guess we are basically dating already, so may as well make it official, and just see where it takes us, hm?"

His hand gently coursed along hers as she cuddled against his back and a soft sigh exhausted from him, one of a sense of contentment. Not that he would admit it in that moment but it was a feeling he hadn't held in quite sometime - one that he had tried to avoid entirely for a few years. "Oh, I bet you did, you're probably just as bad as me. But the Sparky experience is always the best experience. True facts, ask anyone, no lie." Humbleness wasn't one of his traits in a few circumstances and this most likely was one of them as he beamed a wide smile. "Dunno what you mean, are you sure you're not hallucinating? I heard it's a pretty common thing when you meet someone as Super Heroic as I." Chest buffed out and shoulders had broadened. 

"You know, you do that laugh a bit -too- well. . . Aha! I get it! You're the Dark Temptress whose job is to make our hero of the story fall! I got your number right here! I kind of imagined you taller. . ." Derrick turned around to face her fully as he rubbed his chin slightly with a teased appraisal look as if her height were an issue. By far, it wasn't, it actually made her a bit of a cute firecracker in its special way. 

A strong grunt resonated from as he shook his head. "I am the most mature ever, true story. Of course, you could also do me - A LOT- better. There's no way I'd have that kind of an accent." He tilted his head briefly as a smile peaked from his lips. "The feminine voice and whine, maybe close to accurate." One always had to poke fun at themselves if they wanted to survive the kind of dangers the world instructed against the psyche. "Oho, now look at the woman with the confidence of a million primidone's! Haha- Wait, what? You win!?

Derrick's eyes squinted at Arti as he poked his lips out in thought. "I considered it first, huh? You're saying you've never thought of it? Hehe, I find that incredibly hard to believe." He smirked slightly though it only lasted briefly, head shaking gently. "I don't want you to feel as you have to agree to it or something if it isn't something you're not feeling." An arm wrapped around her waist loosely. "Basically dating already, eh? Aren't you such a charmer! I set all this up and all I get is a 'Basically', this was a lot of prep work you know. I had to agree to way too many favors."

"Oui, that is exactly correct. I am a wicked temptress, and you have fallen for my charm. Now the world shall see what happens when a super hero becomes a super villain, buahahaha!" The fake laugh was accompanied by an impish and amused grin, before Arti then laughed for real as she shook her head. She gave him a small push with her hand, not that it would do much considering how tall he was next to her. She was a midget, always had been, and she had less issue with that these days than when she'd been in school at least. She snorted at his argument about being mature, rolling her eyes again.

"So mature. Oh? I will try to remember to practice my Australian accent more, so that I can get my Sparky impression down pat better," The young woman snickered quietly, however she did grin confidently as she claimed that she had won. She had, after all. And the pair of them both happened to be competitive as it were, for whatever reason. She'd never quite thought about why or anything. It was just fun to compete a little. "In all honesty, I was just taking each day as it came," She said softly with a small shrug.

"Honestly, Sparky, do I look like someone who just agrees because I think I have to?" Arti's brows rose as she looked at him, tilting her head a little, "Though it is nice to know that you are in debt with people just to impress me with a lovely picnic." She then grinned and laughed softly, "I'm not wrong though. We have been practically dating, just without acknowledging or committing to anything. But, if you've decided that you're willing to commit, then I can hardly allow  myself to be outdone, can I?" The woman offered a small smirk before lifting a hand to his collar in order to tug him down to her level so that she could press a small kiss to his lips, "Had figured you'd be the first to be scared off, after all. But you had to go and prove me wrong." She murmured near his lips.

"Now, see, you're over estimating your talent and skill! That is always the downfall of every villain."  His hand rubbed along the edge of his chin as he glanced towards her with his most goofy yet inquisitive leer. "Yes, yes, I see it all now! Wicked temptress, turned hero for love! She realized she could not resist the heroic wiles of the man of fire. " Then he proceeded to smile with a strong and confident grin that held in only as long as her true laughter showed its face, which caused his own fit to follow suit without any hesitation or resistance. "Oh, what will the Temptress say to her fellow villain's at the conventions when they found out she enjoyed good Hero Booty.

He chortled for a moment before a heavy snort exhausted from his nostrils. "You'd have to be preparing for ages to do a proper Sparky impression. You're just not at that level of spontaneous fun yet. You're almost there though, a few more steps - a couple." Then a firm wink showed towards her direction even as the claim to what he considered to be an 'ill-conceived' win. He wasn't going to willingly accept it there just needed to be a bit more thorough thinking on his part to pull the imagined win out from under her! There was no denying that he enjoyed the intensity and the up-beat competition, it was something that had been present in almost any relationship he held purely because he needed someone with that kind of drive and ambition to match him. "You know, if I was one of those normal guys, I'd take that offensively! Hehehe, good thing I'm not.

It was a sentiment that was understood, Derrick didn't expect to take it 'this far' in fact part of him still gnawed at the thought as if it was a terrible idea and mistake. 

"To be fair, we kind of met like that. Auds just slapped us together and ran off to be play mommy Auddy. The Super mom. Not that I'm complaining! It wasn't a bad day even if it was only mildly unexpected." Mildly because he didn't expect another player to hit the scene, because the intention had always been to troll places to heat and just make a mess as if they had no modern home training. "That's it, I'm making sure to tell my Sister you don't exist and that it's all a lie. ALL A LIE." The final phrase stressed in an exaggerated and comedic voice as a narrowed gaze turned towards her. 

"You aren't wrong, it's been. . . The dating without saying 'we're dating'. But you also can't go around saying 'We're fucking and hanging.' That just sounds like a crude way to say 'Dating'." He gave a strong cackle as his head shook in partial disbelief, maybe even slight happiness whether he was aware of it or not was still to be called into question. Eyes started to shut as he was tugged towards her, their lips met in a small kiss as he lingered just at the edge of the softness they provided against his own. "I won't lie. . . The thought popped up once or twice. But burning bridges has ironically, always been the one kind of fire I always avoided setting.

Hazel gazes trailed upwards from her cheek towards her eyes while another small kiss was placed against her lips, the distance that came from it stopping barely existing. "I'm surprised you didn't push away harder. . . You're about as bad with this stuff as I am."