Marcus Carsen

Invite Home and The Past [May 14th, 2018]

Melbourne ☆ Investigative Journalist✩ Kaitore
26 year old Halfbreed Dhampir ☆ HE/HIM

The last time that they had traveled in a group like this had been when they all decided to head out to the zoo - or really - take Gabby to the Zoo while Gem and Himself explored the more 'Animalistic urges' of the atmosphere in their own shameless way. This time, that wasn't the intention, this time they were going to explore the place that both he and his mother, Layla, once knew as home. A different country with its own harshness of environment and a rich history that many remembered across the world, if not only, for the fact Media decided Egypt was a prime place to base things within. 

It was a casual walk through the airport where Marcus took the liberty of moving ahead to gather up the luggage and remove them from the conveying belt that swept through, counting out each bag that he memorized just before getting on the plane and storing them. As he settled all the bags in a circular form for the others to grab their things he stayed his hand in case the ladies needed a bit more help in holding something, more so, his mother due to her more frail nature and the lengthy trip by flight which perhaps had them all a bit jet lagged. Showcasing this a brief yawn formed from him. 

"At least I managed to get a good cat nap on the flight. . . But that still doesn't beat the good rest I'll be looking to get into." His hand pressed into his pockets as he pulled out his phone and turned it on as he watched it build up with missed notifications - several calls being missed a few businessmen and clients, but also one from Lapis. Which ushered a brief sigh not in particularly good headspace to deal with that list of questions and prodding that would come from her, especially after this long of a time apart. "Alrighty, crew, find your stuff and we'll try to find our 'Taxi'. I use the word very loosely. . . But hey, at least we have someone willing to put us up so less money to spend on a Hotel." He shrugged. 

Layla shambled towards the collection of bags taking a brief seat on a nearby bench. "My. . . You act as a tourist like you've never been here before. . . Take a breather." It was her way of saying she needed to take a brief break herself before pressing onwards. Hands shifted through her purse as she dug deep into it to grab her own cell phone. "I figure you won't call back so I'll do it in your stead!"

And. . . It began. The overriding, Marcus poked his lips out with a protested frown at the last portion but waved his hands lightly. "Alright, alright, we can take a brief break. And don't make calls in my name! I'm going to have a rough time as it is anyways with a bunch of nutcases in the same room. At least let me keep my sanity for a few more hours. Speaking of nutcases. . ." A Playful smirk shifted onto his face as he turned his gaze towards Gemini and Gabby, both of his arms woven across one another to press them firmly against his chest. "How are you two doing? Need a break too? A quick pit-stop at the ladies room before we hit the road?

• Like 1

VMU Students ☆ Musician, VMU Student: Magical Arts★ LilyCat
2018 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

The flight had been long and Gemini was never good with sitting still. Neither was Gabby, to be honest, but it was easier for a small girl to wander from one adult to the next and sit with them and talk their ear off, and she was thankful to have Marcus and Layla there who could also entertain her daughter. Personally, Gemini didn't think she was much a fan of flying in a plane, it felt so... unnatural. But they arrived eventually, and she smirked as Gabrielle talked Layla's ear off as Marcus went on ahead. By the time the ladies had arrived, their luggage was all ready for them, and Gem and Gabby each grabbed the handles of their suitcases.

"Yeah, I feel like I should have had a few more of those tiny bottles of booze, just to help me get some sleep on the plane, I don't know how people manage it," Gemini yawned loudly, lifting a hand to her lips for a moment before then sighing. Even Gabby had managed to sleep for an hour or so, while her mother was stuck flicking through movies and tv shows on the plane trying to find something interesting enough to take her mind off the trip. She glanced over at Layla and offered a small nod when Marcus then asked if they wanted to take a break as well.

"As much as I've been sat on my butt for hours already, I'm good to chill for a few minutes. You need to go, Gabby?" The young woman asked her daughter, who shook her head easily. gem did recall her having gone to the bathroom not long before they'd had to put their seatbelts back on. Gabby skipped over to sit next o Layla, and Gemini stifled another long yawn, "Seriously, I don't know why you would choose a plane as a mode of travel," She muttered quietly, and leaned against Marcus' frame, using him to hold her up for the time being. "So, got a friend putting us up then? That's fun. I can ask allllll about your embarrassing history."

Melbourne ☆ Investigative Journalist✩ Kaitore
26 year old Halfbreed Dhampir ☆ HE/HIM

Layla had no problems with entertaining Gabby, in fact, it helped her to focus on something other than herself. There had also been something about watching the younger generation and the spark that is held within them. It was just an entirely different pace than what had been the last few years of her life and reminded her fondly of what it was like being a mother to a rambunctious child, not an Adult that already had found their own way of life and walk. At least, it was an experience to be 'grandmother like', not something many get to experience even with all of her pushing and ham-fisted hints. 

"You do know how ironic it is for you to not be a big fan of flight, right?" A smirk displayed on his face as several thoughts and reasons flooded through his mind, the first being her usually daring nature. That was actually only coupled with the fact that part of her heritage were known to be literal 'Harpies', but that was something only pertained to pureblooded Veela it seemed. "That was a large enough moan to catch a couple of flies, be careful, they're pretty big here too." It always seemed as if harsh environments held monstrous wildlife to boot behind it. At least they were in a relatively nice part of the country that was lush and vibrant with life and society. "You'll be able to get a good nap in after we get to our destination, promise. Can't have you falling asleep at the most exciting parts of the adventure.

Excitement was accentuated to sound as lewd as possible. 

As he chuckled a light nudge was given to Gemini as he stealthily slide his hand to grasp her rear, cheeky in Egypt, it should be a new magazine gimmick. "I guess I'll need to keep that part of you awake then, make sure it doesn't fall asleep anytime soon." Marcus' eyebrow arched upwards as a short shrug followed while the woman leaned against him. "It's an experience you can't get easily, travelling to a place you've never been. Figured it'd be more enjoyable for Gabby that way. I already had plans to make it up to you just in case it wasn't your thing.

Layla happily chatted away with Gabby, prodding her with questions of not only how school was going but the ever so noisy nature that was Marcus' mother even probed on about how he and Gemini were doing. It caused a scoff to rumble along with a sigh, did she really have nothing better to do than poke at things? Well, he couldn't say she didn't survive this long to not gain that benefit. 

"Embarrassing history? What kind of degenerate do you think I was?!" A big one, but he wasn't going to let her know that so easily - at least not vocally or mentally. He still had an image to uphold! Or at least make the woman work just a bit more to learn about all that was in the past. "The question is, what questions are knocking around in your head that you'll end up bombarding her with them." His eyes began to squint at Gemini accusingly. 

• Like 1