Melbourne ☆ Master Cellist/Conductor of the MSOSanctusX
27 year old Halfbreed Dhampir ☆ He/Him

Viktor had stopped by the home with the triplets, and this gave Vladimir the time to take a quick respite out and attend to some errands. He needed more notation paper, and strings for the cello. He had admittedly played more of the cello whilst staying at Stuart’s home than he had originally thought; the children and Améa seemed to enjoy the music produced. 

Vladimir did not plan to be away for long. The man did take his assigned task of keeping watch over the home more seriously than most likely thought of him, save perhaps his brother and Jezebel. Perhaps Améa realized it by this time as well, but Vladimir did not question her; he hardly if ever questioned anyone.

It was not in his nature to pry.

Vladimir apparated to Melbourne, for the moment observing the city and the people milling about. People with their children, school finishing for the day. Individuals leaving work. Vladimir watched them all with his red eyes, before making his way to the shop. He was quick, methodical, with his purchase, gathering the items and placing them in his cello case.

He still received the same stares for the shape of the case, a black victorian coffin, that housed the black cello within.

With the case secured by a strap to his back, Vladimir exited the shop, and prepared to return to Narragyambie; he needed to locate a safe area to disappear. As he walked down the sidewalk, the man eyes locked upon a woman with her child, and for the first moment he thought nothing of it. 

Then he stopped. The scent was familiar somehow, faint in his memory. His red eyes locked with the woman’s, and the realization came to his mind. Vladimir knew her, and looking down at the child with her, he knew her too.

Penny,” Vladimir stated, not in the form of a question, but a statement. “Penny Quinland. It has been some time.” An understatement to be sure; it had been years. The little girl by her side…

Is that young Lily?

Ministry ☆ DMLE - Special Assignments✩ Chromatic
28 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

Penny was able to get out of work early, having been assured that there was another auror to take her place at the school so that she could have time with her daughter. Lily was ecstatic for the break in routine, even though Penny knew that both Lily and Kristen looked forward to still being able to spend time together. They held hands tightly as they touched the outgoing port key and arrived in the small courtyard garden just a few blocks down from they house. A lovely old witch had hosted the port key from Tally for years, and enjoyed sending the kids off to school with baked goods much to their parents dismay, but Lily cheerfully waved to Miss Edith as they exited the garden and went off to the store before they stopped home. 

They chatted happily about school, and what they were going to have for supper, and how much Lily wanted to try out her great-nans muffin recipe, now that they didn't have a cranky old oven. Pennys eyes were wandering though. Before, she still would have been keeping an eye out, but now, even more so. It made her nervous to know that there were dangerous things about and no one was safe. While she looked at the faces of passerby's, she locked eyes with some of them, smiling and nodding a polite greeting. None were the person that everyone was on alert for. 

Eye contact though, was often times and invitation for conversation, or at least pleasantries as people passed. An acknowledgement that Penny didn't expect to be returned. Last she had seen him, Lily was still in diapers, just starting to string sentences together. 

"Vladimir!" The neutral but intense face that she didn't realize she was holding faded away to delight at seeing an old classmate. "Yeah! It has!"

'Hi I'm Lily!' she had no recollection of the man with red eyes, but if mum knew him, then she could say hi. 

"How have you been? Hows um..." No it wasn't a violin that he played. Something of the sort. "Cello! Hows all of that going?" 

Melbourne ☆ Master Cellist/Conductor of the MSOSanctusX
27 year old Halfbreed Dhampir ☆ He/Him

Vladimir watched with inward curiosity as Penny’s face turned from intensity to delight. The human condition was fascinating that way, he supposed, It had been years, even before he had gone to Moscow; he did hope his social skills could hold up in the face of encountering an old classmate.

Red eyes turned to look from Penny to her daughter, the little one greeting him. Goodness, how time went by so quickly. The smallest of upturns occurred on his lip, a tiny partial smile to indicate his good humour, though his face remained fairly impassive, stoic. 

“It is lovely to meet you Lily. Last I saw you, you were naught but a little baby,” he told the girl gently, before refocusing his attention on Penny. Ah, yes, the life questions. 

Lovely. I consider myself an absolute failure in the human relations department.

“I have been well, thank you for inquiring,” he told her, shrugging his shoulder slightly to indicate the case upon his back. “And yes, I played the cello. I am the Maestro of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, though I had spent a fair number of years in Moscow with their symphony.” 

At the very least he could leave out answers to the questions of life, love, and family. Focusing upon music was always the better course of action. 

Eyeing the foot traffic needing to work their way around the impromptu gathering, Vladimir held out his arm and motioned towards the cafe to their left. “Shall we move aside?”

“And you, Penny? Has life been treating you well?” 

Ministry ☆ DMLE - Special Assignments✩ Chromatic
28 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

Lily was bright and happy as ever, and Penny could see her eyes wandering taking in the details. Lily was intensely curious about his red eyes and wanted to try it but mum had always said not around muggles, but if mum knew him, then was he a muggle still? She instead honed in on the cello case and wanted to get a closer look at it. 

"I'm eight now! And I started going to school at Tally this year!" She beamed proudly, and Penny shook her head lightly and grinned sheepishly. 

"You're still a Bilby student love." 

Penny stepped aside and adjusted the grocery bag on her shoulder. "Thats wonderful! Congratulations! I might need to go and see a show at some point soon. We've been quite busy at the ministry lately though, so theres not much free time for me, and I spend what time I can with her and Kristen."