Sign in to follow this  
Zane Nedvidek

Invite It's not what it seems

Visitors Scotteh

The first month since the unwedding had been a rough one for Zane. He'd not been able to hear any news about the girl who had gone down from his spell. Zane wasn't sure if Lorelei was dead or not, and that bothered him down to his core. He would awake from a dead sleep to the sounds of the screams of Jezebel. The dreams weren't just the bad parts of it either. Thomas had been furious at Zane's failure, and his very obvious disobedience when he returned back to him after the party. Thomas believed that he had failed on purpose so that Améa would not be brought back to him. The first week Zane had been beaten down, strapped to a bed, and experienced the torture curse multiple times a day. It had taken affect on Zane's mind, and he was more jumpy than usual. His appearance had also changed. The once handsome features that Zane possessed were nearly gone. His hair was thinning, his face was sunken in, and there were dark bags under his eyes due to lack of sleep, and his skin had a yellowish tinge to it. 

As the time passed, and Thomas realized that they were safe where they were hidden away, Zane was transported to a different location. It was a storage building that had been converted into a studio apartment. Thomas had at least given him a shower, a kitchen, a bed, and a couch. However, there were no windows, and Zane could not leave. There were magical barriers to prevent him from leaving without Thomas' permission, along with the Imperious Curse that he was under. 

Still, he was at least pleased he did not have to endure the torture on a daily basis now. Thomas would stop in here and there, but he'd left him alone for a couple of days now. Perhaps he had gotten bored of it, or perhaps he was just making Zane feel as though he had a false sense of security. Whatever it was, though, Zane was relieved he hadn't seen his uncle, and had been given a break.

Zane was asleep at the moment, and his mind began to wonder to Améa. It was one of the few thoughts that gave him happiness. He knew it wouldn't last. The screams would wake him up again, but for now, he could at least dream about Améa and children running around their yard.

Narragyambie ☆ Family Busybody★ LilyCat
?? year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

Lorelei had initially intended to find Zane with the thought that she would haunt him, make him suffer for the terrible things that he'd done over the years. However, when she first found him, the circumstances had been... unexpected, to say the least. She'd witnessed as he was tortured and scolded by the man that she knew was his uncle, Thomas Sollozzo. With her presence being barely even noticeable on the ethereal plane unless she wanted it to be, it was a simple thing to go unnoticed as she learned more about the situation that Zane was in, while also becoming more vexed about the sick cruelty within the man who was supposed to be his blood kin. She wasn't entirely certain of the whole story though, she never caught enough to be able to piece it together completely, and so she decided that she needed to speak with Zane himself.

The best and easiest place to do this, of course, would be within his dreams. Entering another's mind while they slept was child's play for the girl. She'd done it for Aiden while she was still within her body, and even now she made sure that her friend slept peacefully, while visiting him and telling him all the interesting things she was learning. And so it was that Lei waited for the moment when Zane fell asleep, and she slipped into that subconscious part of his mind, finding herself at the house he and Améa had lived in, only it appeared more homely, warm. She heard laughter of children and spotted the scene with her Aunt and creations of Zane's mind. And he was looking onward, like a spectator who was not a part of it.

"She appears happy and healthy here," Lorelei commented softly as her way of making the young man aware of her presence. Her image was that of her current 'age', the young girl now a teenager. Dressed in a simple white frock and barefoot, she wore a crown of roses on her head as she watched the images that the man's mind had conjured up. This was what he had wished for, she could tell. And yet, he'd caused Améa such harm. Turning her gaze to him, Lorelei tilted her head, "You will be able to speak freely here. The Imperius Curse will not reach this part of your mind, I have shielded this dream so that we may discuss candidly. I wish to understand the circumstances under which you have been forced."

Visitors Scotteh

As Zane watched Améa and the children, he barely noticed that there was somebody else here until they spoke. He turned his head to face the young woman, surveying her for a moment, before turning his head back to the scene before them. Améa in his dream was playing with their cat, and the children were giggling as the cat would swat at a piece of string she was dangling in front of it's face. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" He asked the girl, reaching up to wipe the tear from his eye. This was what it could have been had it not been for Thomas. Everything Zane wanted in the back of his mind, pushed aside due to Thomas' will. Zane treasured the sleep because it was the only time he could be himself. Whenever the girl had told him that the imperius curse couldn't reach this part of his mind, he had already known. The fact that she had shielded it though made it that much better. 

Zane looked back over to the girl, surveying her once more. "I feel as though I know you." He said, and he turned his head back to Améa and the children. However, they were gone now, and he frowned. "They'll be back again eventually." Zane leaned up against the wall of his dream house, and crossed his arms. "Who are you, and why are you here?"

"Quite," The teen agreed quietly as she watched the scene, before it began to disappear, the woman and children fading out as Zane's attention shifted away from them and onto she who had entered his dream. She watched as his expression turned to a small frown when he realised they had gone, but smiled almost mysteriously at his questions of her and offered a gentle shrug of her shoulders. "I have already mentioned why I am here. I wish to understand your circumstances, how you have found yourself in the situations that you have, what has caused you to harm others when... it would almost seem as though it is the last thing that you wish." She mused softly for a moment.

"It is I, Lorelei," The girl then stated simply, turning her blue gaze, the same as her family's onto him, "I do not appear as I was last you saw me, because of what had happened. It... did something to me. I am not dead, but I am as close to it as one could be, and my body has aged due to the magical concoction that I imbibed," She lifts her brows at the man then, tilting her head at him, "My original intent had been to torment, however it appears that you already undergo much of that. Your uncle, it has been him all this time?"

Visitors Scotteh

Zane listened. Now that his dream had faded, his attention was completely focused upon the girl. She wanted to know how all of this came to be? How he'd become the monster everyone thought he was? Of course someone would want to hear his side of the story when it was only in his dream. However, whenever she told him who she was, he frowned. He looked down as her eyes met his in shame. She confirmed that she was not dead, and that was somewhat of a relief to him. He couldn't look at her though, knowing he had done this. He had sent her into this... limbo. If only he'd been stronger. He could have fought his uncle. His mind was weak, and this was his fault.

"Before I begin, please allow me to take this time to apologize to you. I never intended on any of this. I'm so sorry that you became a victim in all of this." Zane stated, and he finally was able to bring his head up to look at her. 

"When I first met Améa, it was much unlike meeting anyone ever. She caught my attention quickly. Her beauty. She, well, she didn't want to even give me her name. Didn't feel as though I was worthy. She then requested that we, well, wrestle? I thought it was cute. Some sort of game, really. When I won, I won her. I didn't know the implications of everything that would occur after. If I did, I would have walked away on that very day. I would have 'set her free' so to speak. We grew closer, and I fell in love with her..." Zane paused, scratching his head a moment. "That's when it happened. I went home to mother, and told her about Améa. That was my mistake. My mother and I, well, we weren't the closest, but she loved me. I still loved her. Thomas heard about it. When he heard Améa's name, he asked me about her. I thought he was just showing interest in my life. How wrong was I though? When he finally got the name of her mother, that was when I was placed under the imperius curse. He got me to tell him about the loyalty thing that Améa had pledged to me. All of this was his way of getting back at Adele for faking her own death to get away from him. When he fled the country after they thought he'd died, I thought he'd leave me alone. He didn't. I nearly killed Améa. Wand magic, you know. I called for Adele. I knew she would be able to help, but when she threatened to take Améa from me, I made the mistake of threatening her with Thomas. He was not pleased. Nobody was supposed to know he had survived. I just wanted Améa to be safe. I thought I could fight it. I thought I could fight away Thomas and live a proper life with her. Améa returned, of course, out her loyalty to me. Whenever we left Narrie, I once again thought I could fight. Thomas, however, kept the abuse going. He made the mistake of making me threaten her family though, which set Améa on a path to regaining her strength." Zane wiped his eyes.

"When my mother had found out about what he was doing, she tried to intervene. Stupid woman. She was a squib. He made me kill her." 

As Zane had spoken, images had flashed along the screen. His mind was creating the images of his story. That made it harder. 

"How is she doing?" He asked, looking at Lorelei.

The apology was given a look of consideration as the teenage girl listened and watched, however she did not respond right away. The man had a story, and she was willing to listen to it so that she could assess where things had gone wrong. Why it was that someone who appeared to love another, was also harming them. Not to mention the level of danger that Thomas posed. The girl knew he was frightening enough to scare Adele, to cause the woman to hide, to try to pretend that she knew nothing of his involvement with all this... to have allowed her own daughter to continue to be a part in his machinations. It was something that displeased the girl greatly, but it was what it was. Things had already come to pass and now was the time for knowledge, consideration, and action.

Once he had finished his piece, the girl offered a single nod, her gaze turning to the landscape as she changed it around herself and showed him once again close-up what had occurred at the party.

"Your spell could have killed Adele's brother," The girl states simply, showing the reactions of those who held Sorceraic blood as they were hit with the wizard's magic. "One of our... guardians, I suppose you could call her, changed the spell. However, I had already realised that something would happen if we all fell to the sleep, and so I changed it again and took it within myself." The image paused and then faded as the girl lay on the ground, gradually aging, and Lorelei turned her gaze back to Zane, "So whilst there is some fault of yours, there are others who made choices... sacrifices. Améa is our family, and I - at least - will not allow her to remain a pawn of your uncle's." There was a strange strength within her words, her tone. She didn't speak like a child, held more maturity to her than even Adele did.

"Améa is carrying the burden of what has occurred as well," Another image faded into view of the young child version of Améa as she helped out Mary with the animals, occasionally tugging and playing with a necklace as though it irritated her. "She must be the one to be a battery, to contain energy reserved by our family, in order to wake me once again. This is something she agreed to, I should mention. She has not been forced." Lorelei felt she had to point out, "But it will become more uncomfortable, the more energy she is made to hold." Into the picture soon came the triplets, running around the other girl, though one in particular stopped to give her a hug. And to this one, childAmea also stopped what she was doing for a moment and held the girl back, clear pride in her features as she pressed a kiss to the girl's forehead. Lorelei watched Zane as this image played for a moment before fading out.

"You know she cannot come back to you, not while your uncle lives and breathes," The girl says softly, "It is not only Améa who would be harmed by such things, there is an innocent who already had to be saved before." Her words were left vague, though her voice sounded pointed.

Visitors Scotteh

Zane listened carefully to what she had to say,and held his head down in shame. "If it had been up to me, that spell would not have been cast in the first place to harm any of you. I have no choice in the actions that I do. It is my fault, for even mentioning my relationship with Améa. I knew he'd find out. I wish I was stronger, but I'm not. However, you say that you will not allow her to remain a pawn of his...." He paused, and looked at Lorelei. "But, what can be done? What can we do? He's more powerful that he's ever lead people on that he is. He's...." Zane looked away, staring out into the distance. "Evil. Just pure evil. What can be done to stop him? What can I do?"

As she explained that Améa would become a 'battery' Zane wondered a moment what that would entail. Their family was a curious one, and when she mentioned that it would be uncomfortable. "What.... does this mean for Améa? I mean to say, will it cause her harm?" Zane asked, although it was crazy to say that. He was causing her harm every day that he was with her. But, it was different. Her family wouldn't harm her in that way/ They'd keep her safe. Something he had never been able to do. 

He watched as the scene unfolded with the triplets, and cast a curious glace at the one that caused Améa to stop what she was doing. Motherhood would have definitely suited her. She was great with these children, that you could tell. He nodded at what she told him. He knew that she could not return while Thomas was in the picture. "I know she can not come back to me, and I do not wish for it. I have caused her enough -- Wait. What do you mean by what you just said? An innocent who had to be saved before?"[b/]

"Power is held within the mind and will of a person. Those with the strongest desire and will to achieve something shall do so at whatever cost," Lorelei said, as though it were the most obvious thing that anyone should know, it was clear that the girl was more like Améa and their grandmother, than perhaps Adele or Jezebel. She knew certain ways about things, and certainly did not have the mind of a regular child. "But no one is infallible. If Améa - if any of us - is to ever be safe, then Thomas Sollozzo must die," There was no other way, that was clear enough from the story that Zane had told her, and from what she'd seen of his uncle already. The man would continue to try and find ways to harm her family while he existed.

"Améa will feel... full, I suppose is the easiest way to describe it. Full of power, and unable to release it in any way. To even attempt to do so would be dangerous for her," Lorelei explained with a gentle nod, "She feels at fault for bringing this danger to our lives as well, you see. She carries the guilt of not having realised what her relationship to you would eventually bring to our family. Of course, she, like the others, is also unaware that you are also under a curse," The girl's expression was solemn and thoughtful, the entire situation complex to say the least. To tell Améa of Zane's situation would likely have her aunt stuck in an impossible situation: to try to save her love while potentially bringing more harm to her family, or to leave him to his fate and break her own heart in the process. Not that Améa's heart wasn't already in pain. The man seemed to understand, at least, that it was best for Améa to remain away from him, despite how much they may wish to be together, however. And his question was offered a raised brow.

"Well, there is an advantage to communicating with you here under the conditions I have set within you. All that we speak about you shall know in your heart when you awaken, but your uncle shall not have access to such knowledge, even if he should interrogate you or pry his way into your mind," The image of Améa and the triplets returned, the one that she seemed to have the closest bond to was sitting right next to her, "Take a closer look, in your heart you should already know why it is that this child causes Améa to smile so genuinely." She looks upon the scene herself with a fond smile, "Veronika was almost killed from your Cruciatus Curse years ago."

Visitors Scotteh

Zane nodded at Lorelei. "I suppose that I'm just not very strong willed. It's hard to fight this curse." Then, as she spoke about Thomas Zane listened, and nodded some more. "Yes, he has to die." Zane said, frowning. "But, that's easier said than done. Many have tried, and many have failed. Miserably. I don't know what it is about him." Zane sighed. This was going to be a potentially losing battle. It would take a joint effort, and what good would that be able to do? He was stuck in the home, she was in his mind. Nobody would ever really understand this situation.

As she talked to him about what this would encompass with Améa, Zane listened carefully. He had to know she would be safe, but as with everything in their family, this was confusing. But, Zane trusted that they would keep him safe. He frowned though whenever she mentioned that they were all unaware he was under the curse. Of course they were, and they would need to continue to be oblivious, as much as it pained him. "She can't know. You need her, and she needs her family. If she were to know, she would do something foolish, and it would in turn hurt her, get her killed, and cause pain to your family." It sucked, but that was life. He would have to figure this one out on his own, and hope that she would understand afterwards if he were to get everything in the open.

When she told him that Thomas would not be able to pry into any of this, he breathed a sigh of relief. The last thing he needed was to give Thomas any more ammunition. When the scene returned with Améa and the triplets, he saw the closeness of her and the one next to her. Then when Lorelei spoke those words, it resonated with him. It hit him hard. Zane's legs gave way in his dreamlike state, and he fell down the wall to his butt, and brought his knees to his chest. The tears began pouring down his face. After a moment, he said, "She's...... my daughter?" Zane looked up at Lorelei. "I almost killed my own daughter?" He began to regain his composure, and the anger flashed across his face. "I'm going to kill Thomas, that son of a bitch."

"I will not be in this form forever. As I mentioned already, my family is working on how to awaken me, though it may take yet more than simply power..." The girl mused thoughtfully, her eyes squinting as though there was something on the horizon that only she could see, "Pieces are shifting." Came her soft voice, and then she returned to the present as she reassured him that Améa would be safe, nodding once again with assurance that she would not speak of Zane's curse to Améa, nor anyone else probably. "It is going to be up to us, I imagine. I already had such a feeling the moment that I was able to see what is really occurring here. To involve others is far too dangerous, it would allow your uncle to realise something is going on, and he will escape again. That must not happen," Not this time. The girl was adamant that this threat to her family would be removed for good.

Silent as the realisation kicked in for the young man, as he realised that there was a child - his child - which had almost been killed before even having a chance at life, it appeared that determination had begun to well up within him. The teenage girl turned her gaze back to the image of Améa happy with the children, and could feel the resolve that was slowly building. For a piece of information that everyone else had been frightened of telling him about, it was perhaps just what he required to build the strength to face what he had to.

"Yes. You will," Lorelei stated quietly, "I believe that you are the only one who would be able to get close enough to. He is of the belief that he is in full control of you. But... perhaps I can assist when the time comes. When I am restored to my body. We shall have to see. But for now, at least know that Améa and Nika are both safe. And know now exactly what it is that you must fight to protect."

Visitors Scotteh

"I just fear that he will escape again. He will figure something out. I don't know how he did it before. Everyone truly believed him to be dead multiple times." Zane shook his head, and sighed. Zane took a moment, reflecting upon everything that had occured. Visions flashed before them of the abuse. He wasn't paying attention to them, but when a vision of his mother came up, she lingered, her figure leaning down to him, a hand on his shoulder. "I miss her, you know. Despite everything she'd been through in her life, she was one of the most loving people you'd ever meet. I wish that I had been stronger. Whenever he made me kill her, she knew what was happening. She just looked at me, strong as can be, and just told me that she understood and loved me." He looked over at the figure of his mother, before she vanished, then looked back at Lorelei. "Everything must be planned right so that he may not escape."

As she told him that he knew what it was he must fight to protect, it was as if though something had shot through him. A strength he had not felt in a long time. He hoped it would carry on into the physical world as well, this strength. He felt as though that this strength would allow him to fight back enough to where he could fool Thomas into believing he was still under his control. "As long as they are safe, that is what really matters. He will die, and I will make sure that he can not, and will not, harm you, Améa, Nika, or anyone else in your family ever again."

"That is why we must make certain that he does not realise anything is amiss," The teenage girl nodded, her gaze narrowing in thought as she considered the man that was Zane's uncle. Her eyes turned to the image of the young man's mother as she listened to him speak, her expression softening slightly for a moment, before she then nodded to him. "And we will plan. He cannot invade this here... when you are sleeping, I am able to communicate with you in a way that he will not be aware. When you are awake, it will be to you to be able to make sure he believes wholly that you are still under his power. All the way up until the moment to strike comes upon us," She didn't sound like a child, planning to end the life of another, but it was clear that she saw this as a necessity. This was survival, for her family.

"So long as he believes it, then you will be able to continue to learn his continued plans, and from there we can devise the best plan of attack. A moment when he is vulnerable and unsuspecting, I believe is the only chance that we will have," Lorelei nodded lightly, and her lips pursed in thought. "And I can make sure that my family are protected if there are more expected plans of attack as well," She concluded.

Sign in to follow this