Vildea

Vil's wildlings

Players Guest
26 year old Muggleborn Human

Plots! Splots! Spots! Lots! Socks! ... okay I'll stop now

As a general rule I'm pretty much down for anything. I don't hugely enjoy first-meeting type of threads unless it makes actual sense that they wouldn't know one another (first years on their first day, first day at a new job, just moved in etc.) since they tend to stack up and suddenly all I'm doing is introducing my character. That said, I know character chemistry is hard to guess without doing some prep-work so I don't really need my characters relationships, friendly or otherwise, too defined before we start writing instead we can just see how they click and go from there. Sound good?

Eugenia Holtzer

16 ⋆ Flinders ⋆ Profile

If you've known Eugenia for some time, you'll have noticed that she seemed to have changed quite a lot after her fourth year. She wasn't always such a stickler for rules, focused on homework or being serious. You'll also have noticed that the Eugenia that entered her sixth year was far more mellow and quiet than what she used to be. She's kept the details on why pretty tight and is finding herself in an awkward place of not knowing exactly who she is, if she fits in with the people she used to and what she wants to do.

What's needed:

Friends are always good, she's a sixth year and she used to be pretty social before she entered her sixth year so she'd probably know quite a lot of people. Some she might be closer to than others, some might be more bothered/curious about the change in her as well. However she probably has her frenemies and enemies too so it doesn't all have to be friendship bands and songs around a campfire.  

★ Admin ☆ Tinkerer of Things That Shouldn't Be Tinkered★ Sadrienne
31 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

Ooo!

Aiden Longhurst -- is a fifth year Flinders, and if she's taken up being more serious about school, she'd see him always buried in a book about medical things. He's a bit of a nerd, very quiet---and known behind his back as "trauma kid" due to the fact that his mother died when he was young, his father is in prison, and his brother is in a coma. He needs people to help him be more... social. Less of a giant nerd. Ultimately he's a good kid though, who likes to behave.

Adele DeVylissea -- Tally librarian. A bit fearsome and very well known for her attitude... of which there is MUCH. She occasionally fills in for History of Magic, complains about it the entire time. She's actually a good teacher, and an excellent librarian, but she likes to pretend that she doesn't care. She pretends not to care about a lot of things.

Alan Burdett -- the headmaster, he knows most of the students by name at least. She'll have seen him out mending stuff on the school property, or being marched back to his office by Audrey to do paperwork. He hates paperwork. He does also encourage students to come see him directly if they need help for any reason, so it wouldn't be entirely out of the question for Eugenia to walk into his office for advice on whatever is bothering her.

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

Okay! I'll go in order of whose been in Tally the longest! 

Tyson McKennis - He's been in Tallygarunga since his First Year and is Seventh Year, is a bit of jock who is social but it also seemingly ahead of the curve on trying to get himself in order. Due to this sporty nature of his he's a pretty big Quidditich player for Bourke house. Given the social nature prior I can see the two of them on pretty friendly terms. Another relation would be that he doesn't return home either for breaks or even at all, he stays at Tallygarunga under special recommendation due to troubling home situation with no one willing to actually take him in. - Profile  -  Could always use actual friends around and navigating the final years of school life.

Derrick Ackers - The new Professor of Elemental Magic who has started teaching in Tallygarunga this current year and term, he a propensity for fire and isn't afraid to let anyone know he's a Pyromaniac in almost every sense of the word. Of course, he's also a Teacher who understands the dangers and isn't fully careless opting for a fun and learn environment where he can react quickly to any issues that may come up from a misfired spell. He is easily seen walking through the school on his off hours and pretty much engaging with the Student body wanting to create a rapport with them. So if she is taking Elemental Magic or just happens to look like she's been having a rough time of it Derrick would be known to be a type to try and be uplifting and encouraging. - Profile

Alexander Winfield - A new face on the Tallygarunga grounds and has pretty much made himself intentionally well known. A Guitarist and Vocalist looking to expand his musical potential he's made quite the splash in the school managing to score a massive party in the dining hall with full on music and refreshments where all were invited. So, at any time she could have seen and been aware of him in that way. He's a social bee who roams to people regardless of House but is also occasionally found in specific places playing his guitar and singing, such as the Memorial Garden. At this point he's also known to have a bit of ties to Bilby often performing with them and helping out with those that have no families to go towards during breaks. He also stayed over the summer until the school started due to his special circumstances. - Profile

Players Guest
26 year old Muggleborn Human

Mousie 
Aiden is probably someone she would've seen around especially as you say since she's gotten more serious and is probably a bit more of a frequent visitor to the library these days. It might do her some good to help someone else out with something and not just draw further back into herself.

As for Adele, Eugenia does take HoM and actually rather likes it (though she'll deny that with every breath in her body), she might seek her out to get some help if she needs source material or something for some homework assignment?

I agree it wouldn't be out of the question for Eugenia to approach Alan, but I'm not sure if she's ready to just yet. I think she needs to let it fester for a little longer. Most of it has to do with grief so she's probably trying to tough it out on her own.

Kaitore 
I'm just going to go ahead and split these up by character so I don't end up making no sense as to who I'm going on about :P

Tyson: You're right in that they could probably be on friendly terms, the fact that he too has spent his breaks at school would make their paths cross then as well. So I could totally see them having hung out before and possibly being friends?

Derrick: Eugenia isn't taking elemental magic (apparently she's all into theory, history, languagues and runes as opposed to actual magic, go figure) but their paths might have crossed outside of class. Since he's pretty new though, he might not see the difference, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to see that she's not doing well either.

Alexander: Going off that I'm pretty sure Eugenia knows exactly who he is, it would be pretty hard not to. Like I said before with Tyson the fact that he's been around during could mean that they have run into each other then as well. Eugenia is probably wandering around the school on her own more now than she did before, so their paths might cross that way too.

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

Hahaha, Fair enough! :P

All the friends!

Tyson definitely needs them, more people to help influence his path and allow for him to grow as a person to open up his mind from being a tunnel visioned hardworker like his parents. 

Wandering around sounds like a good way to encounter Alex! Though if she is a bookworm the Library is also the easiest place since he is Adele's recently discovered Little Brother. So, aside from studying he goes there often to check on her and bother her - Sibling hijinks.

★ Admin ☆ Resident Mamacat & Sorter of Awesome★ LilyCat
100 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

I have... too many characters. But I'll list the ones more likely to be around the school.

Audrey - Alan's assistant (and now girlfriend, the rumour will spread like wildfire), she's happy bubbly and friendly to everyone. Also occasionally a substitute teacher. But she can generally be found anywhere around the school when she's not organising Alan.

Cassandra - Seventh year Spencer, she transferred from Hogwarts and spent the summer hanging out around the school before starting at Tally in Feb. She's the short girl with bright red hair, English-Irish accent, and can be caught dancing around in the rain or doing anything else pretty random when she's not glued to Alex's side. She'll talk to anyone, and generally just wants to enjoy her last year of school. (btw, there is also an open event thread just started, where some students sneak out of their dorms for a midnight feast, it's in the Great Hall, and you're more than welcome to toss Eugenia in there)

Caitlin - Cass' Irish aunt, but also the DADA teacher, and also the school counsellor. She's an author of a series of crime novels that are loosely based on her old work as a criminal profiler and investigator as well. If Eugenia ever feels like she needs to talk to someone about any problems, Cate's door is pretty much open all the time when she's not already with someone.

Elektra - She's a newcomer to the school, a former Spanish Quidditch star, and now the flying and Quidditch instructor at Tally. She's kind of brash and a bit awkward with young people, but she tries. She also spends a lot of time yelling back and forth with the Healing professor when one of them is hanging around the other to bug them.

✩ Moddies ☆ Stay at home Mom✩ Shell
28 year old Non-Magical Human ☆ She/Her

I've got a full roster for you!!!

Josie - Josie here is the school nurse, having just started this year!  She's friendly, if a bit odd [her office has a collection of goat things] but if you've ever any aches or pains or just need to talk, she's around.  During Eugenia's first year, Josie was a seventh year Spencer although...i doubt they would have interacted much.

Geraldine - Gerry here is my sixth year, so she's the same year as Eugenia.  She's got a negative reputation as being a bit of a bitch with a bad temper, and is also one of Sturt's beaters.  She doesn't let people in very easily, and is quick to write off / make anyone an enemy that pushes her buttons.  On the other hand, she can be amicable if she's working to achieve a goal.  She doesn't necessarily try to trash her reptutation, but she doesn't try to fix it either.  She believes most everybody uses and loses each other outside of her closest friends--which includes Alex up there.  She glues herself to him any chance she gets.  She's pretty serious like, 90% of the time and often acts very disinterested in things.

Iris - Iris is my closest in age to Eugenia [of my Flinders kids].  She's a year below and is extremely friendly, if a bit air-brained and clumsy.  She's excitable and adventurous and doesn't necessarily have problems breaking rules, oops >>;  So that might get on Eugenia's nerves.  She's a very social creature, and while she doesn't board at the school, she might have been friends with her at some point?  or still is?

Mairead - Mairead is my last, and is my other Flinders, but she is a fourth year.  She is helpful and plays nice, although more often than not it's her just faking.  She keeps her real thoughts largely to herself.  She's a bit more of a stickler for the rules than Iris, and doesn't quite have her energy levels.  She's an on/off boarder at the school.