Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
October, 2019 :: Spring

Communication in the hot hot sun

Repository ☆ Head of Creatures and Unfortunate IncidentsKay
Muggleborn Human ☆ he/him

Marcus,

You may be left waiting at the Roo for a bit longer than usual.  I took off early this morning to Nigeria to attend to some family business.  Nothing very serious, more along the lines of getting administrative things handled for the just in case that is more of an inevitably than an off chance.  I will bring you back one of the woven necklaces however- they woudl look rather smart on you.  I managed to barter with a monkey for one this morning, unsure of why i had to have it until i sat to write you.  I did want to say that the Article in today's paper was a thrilling read, i took some notes... I am very interested in this line of thought and questions to be asked. Hopefully you won't mind me picking that brain of yours.  

And how is the weather, i have been told my correspondence is not casual enough.  Though i suppose most people do not get letters about the tough customer that monkey was.  

best,

IA

Melbourne ☆ Investigative Journalist✩ Kaitore
27 year old Halfbreed Dhampir ☆ HE/HIM

Ikedi,

It's cool man, I understand when family business comes to play believe me! My mother ended up showing up with quite the bit of news so it's been throwing a bit of the normal into more chaos. Parents for you, right? I'm always up for a few artifacts from another culture! The stories and tales behind them give something to talk about and they're just too cool not to have around. Planning on heading back to Egypt for a bit myself so I'll bring back a few things, not like the folks going with me would even let me forget. 

Sure, I'm always game to talk a bit about the paper and the info that pops up! Picking brains helps for the scholastic effect of the readings, let's it all come out better or to keep in mind what to clarify better. Benefits all around, I'd think. 

Ha! Who needs casual these days, am I right? But the Weather isn't too bad. A bit too hot for me but that can be stated most days this time of year. But tough customer sorts are always the talk of the town. Tells you who to avoid or at least in the event you need to pin bad work on someone you know who it is.

Regards, 

Marc

• Like 1

Repository ☆ Head of Creatures and Unfortunate IncidentsKay
Muggleborn Human ☆ he/him

Marcus,

I take it that means that you two have at least worked some of the unpleasantness out?  I have to say mate that brings a smile to my face.  I suppose that is the thing about mums.  They are supposed to throw a bit of chaos in your life at this stage of the game.  I often imagine my mother would be whinging about not having grandchildren by now- or worse, it is not uncommon for my mother or friends to arrange dates between their children. At least from my memories.  I imagine I would have been married to a Nigeran princess by now but then there are worse things in life.  I also plan on bringing back some fabrics, there is nothing like these fabrics, the colors are vibrant and you can feel the soul of them when you run your hand along the fibers.  I have had a few things tailored while I am here, in my village there is a very old woman, a talented seamstress who is rather good at selling imperfect dreams and second-hand hope.  She laughs like a home.  It is something I needed.   

I find that it is getting to the point that handing the next generation tomorrow is upon us, or perhaps on me.  When it comes to it, we are handing them something that will need more than a spit shine.  This is the bag of patched and stained hand me downs.  It is something I have been debating quite frequently in the past few years- will they polish what so many have given up on?  I suppose this is a rather abstract line of thought, even for myself… and I wish I could chart you the thoughts that your article stirred to get me to this point.  I of course do not expect the answer to be brought about now, but I wish more asked this question.  Then I am here in my village back home, and I find that hope itself is in short supply which makes the scratch and dent world of tomorrow just another thing to throw on the pile of lost hopes.  This, my friend, this is my fear.  That hope becomes lost and piles in a rubbish bin.    

I find that I become so agitated by this thought the weight of the world becomes the weight of my sheets, though currently, I lay on a mattress in the corner of the room and listen to my cousin breathe from his mattress. It is too hot for sheets, or such heavy thoughts.    That is how the weather has been here.  Hot.  But then that is to be expected.  

I am not convinced this monkey jewelry dealer is not up to something shady.  I just lack the proper authority to investigate it… perhaps I shall ask the locals.  Have you seen someone arrest a monkey- I imagine that it takes a little extra paperwork?  I should check in my my deputy head, but I fear they will think its an invitation o lay problems at my feet at the moment instead of leading.  This is just as much a challenge to them as it is an unexpected trip home. 

IA

Melbourne ☆ Investigative Journalist✩ Kaitore
27 year old Halfbreed Dhampir ☆ HE/HIM

Ikedi,

It’s. . . A step. There are still some reservations on my end, but circumstances have changed and have put me in the position where I cannot continue to be petty. You may have me on that one, she just showed up way ahead of schedule. She’s sick so I’m having a doctor friend of mines keep her health under wraps. At least offer a bit more comfortability. You’re speaking to the choir – my mother hasn’t stopped about dropping hints on her wanting grandchildren. She’s even gone through the trouble of making sure the atmosphere was nice enough to ‘spark’ that urge. Beginning to creep me out. Think my own mother prefers the troublemaker that is taking root in my life. Lucky me. I admit I do enjoy unique fabrics I’m hoping it’s something gentle to the skin! At least to my skin things can get itchy and very uncomfortable in a quick moment. It’s why I enjoy Egyptian silks, while heavy and protective against the sun they are very smooth and relaxing.

I have been thinking about that myself lately. There are still some years ahead of both of us but with each passing year a new generation is taking the reins and it will eventually be their responsibility once they position themselves in life to take it up. I don’t think they’ll have too much of a hard time polishing it into a new shiny rock. It’s a growing age of creativity, energy, a wave of change that most won’t even expect. Though I don’t think Hope will ever die out, it maybe withered and dirtied but I imagine that is what the concept of the Greek myth, Pandora’s Box, is truly about. The heavy oppression of the world and its worries and even amongst it all Hope is still the strongest thing to pull everything back and keep it contained from total corrosion.

Hot can be good sometimes, I’m no fan of heat or fire at all. But it at least is a way to get a nice work out on the skin for some people. Plus, it’s a nice reminder on why you should only visit certain parts of the world once in a while, the terrible weather. Egypt can get pretty heavy in that aspect, so I understand what it means to feel like a wilting desert flower.

What is authority if you’re shutting down something shady? Heh, but the locals should know. Maybe the really savvy ones can give you an idea of how to get one over on the monkey instead of the other way around. There is always that one banana weakness.

-          Marcus

• Like 1