Amiradysébelle Blair

Event And A Very Merry Unwedding To You! [April 1st, 2018]

Melbourne ☆ Musician & Artist, Gallery Cafe Owner★ LilyCat
22 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

Arti had jolted awake at the scream, the sound itself frightening her and causing her to sit up and look around wildly for some kind of danger, but all she spotted was a few people surrounding the still body of... was that Lorelei? Merlin, had something happened to the girl? In fact, what had even happened to everyone here? She looked around, noticing people coming out of slumber, and it took a few moments to realise that some kind of magic had been used on them all, the entire party. That kind of spell wasn't your typical schoolyard stuff, and something about the whole thing made her breathe a little faster with near panic.

The small brunette wasn't really aware of much else going on until Stuart came by, tapping her on the shoulder and causing her to jump again, before she nodded toward his motion that they should move back from the scene. She waited for Derrick to get up as well, before shakily moving toward a place out of the way, spotting Josie on her own. Sitting down at a table near her, Arti wrapped her arms around herself a bit, feeling cold suddenly, before glancing over at the gathering again.

"What do you think's going on?" The young woman murmured quietly to Derrick, visibly shaken over it all. She then inhaled deeply and breathed out a long sigh before glancing over at Josie, "You doing alright over here?" She asked the other woman. This was all quite strange, but for the most part it seemed that whatever had gone wrong was limited to the strange family of Adele's.

Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Junior Dance Instructor★ LilyCat
18 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

The scream had shaken Cassandra back to full alertness as well, before she'd been able to fully succumb to the curse, like something in a very bad dream... or a memory. She pictured her own mother's face in her mind's eye for a brief moment, before she stumbled to come to, sitting up and looking around blearily. In truth, Cass hadn't even been fully out of it. A part of her had known what was going on, had felt it, and she wasn't sure if what she's seen or heard was real or a dream either. She felt like she'd been in that halfway place between asleep and awake, but what she'd come back to left her chest feeling tight. The sight of the young mother over her still child, people in anguish or uncertainty over it.

Except for Flora, it seemed, who had suddenly decided to arrive and point out everyone's fault in this matter. The young redhead did not approve of her remarks that involved Alexander, however, and she shifted closer to him, wrapping her arms around her boyfriend, both to comfort him with what was going on, and perhaps an attempt to protect him from the girl's words. She didn't know exactly what was going on, but she had worked out that someone had used magic on all of them, and somehow... Lorelei had taken it all? After Bethianna had done something to protect Alex.

Honestly, Cass felt a little helpless, however the girl was speaking about needing energy or power or something, and she knew that she tended to have a lot of that, even if it wasn't the same as their kind.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Cassandra asked as she glanced at Bethianna. She trusted her to know whether or not she could be any assistance in this. She knew it was a curse, Flora had said so. Maybe she could... do something to help with it? She had no idea, but it couldn't hurt to try, "I know I'm not one of you, but... I'm not completely human either. I... I can only ask. I want to help if I can."

Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

It seemed that the effects of being pressed into a sleep was being pulled away from him and unfortunately for the pre-accepted young man? All that was left in in the now regained awakening was -pain-. Each nerve burned as he turned immediately away from Cassandra into a roll and both of his hands pressed into the grass along with his knees, a sharp breath taken in through the nostrils and the sound of retching - He couldn't have her protect, not in this way, not when he needed to stand on his own. A hand pressed against his own mouth as he light rubbed at it with only the echoes of Flora's first laughter bellowing through the air which only added a sense of levity to his already disoriented situation. As Alexander glanced at what had projected from his mouth there was only one thing in sight that made him cursed under his breath. 

Blood.

He thought he was passed this for the most part yet it seemed even the small chain of magic that projected through his body in such a way was going to have a weakening reaction one way or another. At least it was blood and not his life which reminded him to take a glance around forcing his body to go against the instinct to drop and just rest a bit more from the newly forming aches that resonated over each joint. Another scream cut through the air and his eyes averted towards Lorelei only to see an extremely aged Bethianna, the form of Lorelei downed and laid out as if to simulate death itself. Was she dead?! Teeth gritted tightly he started to move his body towards the scene but halted once the Elder red-haired woman gave her diagnosis that she wasn't dead but the outcome wasn't any favorable. 

Bigger issue? He knew very little of this 'Zane' but it seemed a bit of understanding had been given to him even the ties that were connected bit by bit as Flora spoke - as irritating as her voice had been. A wince formed as she seemed to confirm Bethianna's actions and it made him bite into his lower lip, knowing the truth of it all, she had saved him once again but this time it had been in a way that he couldn't even give thanks towards due to the cost. 

"Well... I'm naturally charming, upbeat, resilient - a few of my pretty good traits..." He retorted towards Flora's remark about his 'appeal' a small smile formed on his face but it was anything but genuine as he looked towards Flora. "I am also not a desperate attempt made by my mother so hey. . . I got that over you." Yeowch, zinger, Let it not be said that the blue eyed young man didn't know how to bite. Children often were given much grace with the young man, Flora? She burned the bridge faster than Sparky could burn down an entire classroom. He couldn't contest against his idea of 'fragility' when it came to this particular situation and while he would love to it wasn't the time or place to try and trade blow to blow with a creepy child who belonged in the Shining. 

"I didn't think that was the only way, sprout." No, his mind was way too opened and grasping for understanding to narrow it all and his own situation as a man with the society drew already understanding parallel's that there were other things. Bethianna had did well to educate him with the questions he had asked which gave him enough to hold on to and decipher in his own way, to gain understanding. Eyes squinted as the girl turned towards Jez speaking more about the need for extra power - the costs and 'conditions.' 

Even in this moment his Mother and this brat were planning a -power- play? The idea that they would even need Lillian and Flora left a worse taste in his mouth than the blood that still seemed to linger on the inside. Fingers curled into his palms tightly because the remaining truth had been that he could do -nothing-. Then his attention was turned towards Cassandra who seemed offer up her own self as a possible assistance and while grateful he still was unsure how that would play it for her own health. 

"And the hits just keep on coming. . ."

Professor Head of Spencer ☆ Professor at Tallygarunga✩ Kaitore
26 year old Halfblood Human ☆ HE/HIM

He was about to just turn over to get much more comfortable when a sudden scream pierced through the air and jolted his eyes opened. What the. . .? A heavy hand tapped at his shoulder as he looked up to see Stu giving a beckon to pull away from the area. His hands pressed against the ground as he started to stand up glancing towards Arti to make sure she was alright then assisted her in standing up as he huffed taking a glance around the area realizing that others were groggy and getting their own bearings - Of course - A Spell. He should have been paying much more attention as he snorted with a huff. "I hate when this kind of stuff happens to me." A hand rubbed at the back of his neck, used to tense situation as his hand pressed against Arti's lower back rubbing it slowly. "Hey, come on." Trying to ease the elevated panic breath while grasping at her hand to follow her away from the scene. 

The best he could do in this moment wasn't for that family, that was for sure, he always knew something was 'Odd' about Jez but had never pushed on that note. In this moment? He needed to be exactly what he trained to be and that was a person with some kind of Academic presence to keep things orderly. As the brunette sat down next to Josie he shrugged lightly. "Something that tells me we aren't in Kansas anymore. . . " An attempt to make the situation just a bit light while he kneeled next to Artemisia with an arm wrapped along her shoulder. "Take eased breathes." He couldn't say 'I won't let anything happen!', He was just caught off guard but he knew he wasn't going to let that happen a second time as his focused himself to be aware but seemingly aloof. Being unaware is what had cost him once before he wasn't going to let that be a second cost again. 

Eyes drifted towards the scene where the young girl who seemed to be named Lorelei had been laying with a congregation of their family overlapping around them. Then his attention shifted towards Josie as he gave a light wave. "Hey, J-Dub, you doing well there?"

Professor Teaching Staff ☆ Transfiguration Professor/HealerSanctusX
27 year old Halfbreed Dhampir ☆ He/Him

Viktor came to in an instant, his eyes snapping open as he heard Jezebel scream. Getting up onto his knees at first, Viktor’s eyes locked upon the still form of Lorelei, Jezebel headed right towards their little girl. The shock had Viktor complacent for a moment, his breathing rapidly picking up as he lost all focus of everyone and everything around him.

The only thing he saw was Lorelei’s seemingly lifeless form. He couldn’t hear her heart.

People were speaking, but Viktor couldn’t hear them. His blood was beginning to burn between his ears, the man bringing himself to his feet in what felt like a stupor. 

“Lei…” Her name dropped from his lips unbidden, and the man took a small step forward, then another. He still couldn’t hear anything.

The girl seemed to be aging before their very eyes but he still couldn’t hear her heart. None of this made sense.

The moment he heard the name Zane uttered, however, everything changed.

And Viktor snapped.

LORELEI!” Viktor screamed at the top of his lungs, a snarl crossing his features, blue eyes taking on a menacing glare that the populace had never bore witness to. His fangs were elongating, as he began to hunt the area for that cretin.

Stop,” Vladimir tried to tell him, having woken amidst the panic and confusion, his ears having trained upon young Lorelei immediately. It took him a moment, but eventually he was able to hear her heart, beating so feebly and weak that it became no surprise that she appeared to be in the thrall of death. Viktor would not hear it.

WHERE IS HE?” 

Vladimir kept his face neutral even though he wanted to cringe at the sight of his brother giving in to his dhampiric blood, and the rage it could bring, for what was the first time since their adolescence. 

I’ll kill him,” Viktor snarled, eyeing the area, trying so hard to find a man that clearly wasn’t there. “I’ll rip the fucker’s throat out myself. GET OUT HERE YOU COWARD.

Vladimir approached Viktor, telling him, “He is not here, not now. Calm down Viktor, this will not help you or Lorelei.” When Vladimir placed his hand on his twin’s shoulder, Viktor grabbed that hand and with a force not often seen, flipped Vladimir over his shoulder, sending him crashing down to the ground.

You don’t understand,” Viktor growled, his breathing increasing, his donated heart racing away in his chest at a pace that was not healthy for him. Viktor knew this. But the blood in him raged, and he wanted blood, and violence. He wanted to tear his nails into Zane’s flesh, rip the heart right out of his chest. He had to pay for what he did to his little girl. 

Vladimir had gotten to his feet, and tried to approach Viktor again. He could hear Viktor's heart racing, and Vladimir knew his twin could not afford that. “Stop this. Think of Lorelei,” Vladimir attempted to reason with him. Vladimir recognized the signs his brother was exhibiting, and if it continued, Viktor might very well try to hurt someone, and Vladimir could not allow this. Stepping in front of Viktor, he said, “Enough. Calm yourself, this will not help.” To this, Viktor threw a swing at his brother, not seeing his twin but seeing a target for his bloodlust. 

Vladimir was able to dodge out of the way of it. “Enough!” Vladimir raised his voice, and was given the gift of Viktor attempting to claw at his face, successful in the endeavour. Viktor’s nostrils flared with the smell of fresh blood. 

“I’ll kill him, and anyone else who stops me,” Viktor snarled. Vladimir, not wanting to have to incapacitate his brother, was left with not much a choice.

Vladimir had always been the stronger of the two of them. The man was able to lure Viktor into a false attack, bringing up his knee and connecting with Viktor’s stomach, sending his twin to the ground. Vladimir then snapped his fingers, sending tendrils of darkness to wrap around his brother’s form, keeping him bound and on the ground until the rage could subside.

It will take a few moments, but he will recover his senses,” Vladimir assured everyone, feeling immense sympathy for his brother, as he focused his umbrakinesis upon the supine figure on the grass. 

Narragyambie Guest
24* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

Flora laughed again, a sound that shimmered in the breeze.

"Oh, dear boy," she said to Alex. "How little you know---you do not know who my mother is. Did you assume it was Lillian? Ah, if only. My mother did not want me, and as such I have no need or care for her. Perhaps a model you may wish to follow? Your continued desire for such a thing is..." Flora waved a tiny hand. "Pathetic."

It was harsh, but it was true. She couldn't understand why Alexander was so determined when it came to Lillian. Flora knew what motivated Lillian most times, and unless it was something that had the potential to last, Lillian would reject it. Alexander was a glass bomb that the elder woman would not allow in her heart, a limited joy that would shred her to pieces when it ended. Flora didn't really understand that either though, she connected with people on practical---not emotional---terms. All bar one.

Améa blinked as Viktor began to lash out, drawing the triplet's attention back toward herself and away from their father. They would know, of course, but they didn't have to see. Her lips thinned with worry as Viktor fought with his twin, her expression crumpling to one of guilt and apology to Vladimir. This was her fault. How could Zane do this though? To Lorelei, who was innocent?

She lifted her hand, soft waves of her own magic threading through Vladimir's umbrakinesis to soothe the immediate physical hurt. She could not heal the anger or the worry, but this... was not enough. Not nearly. But she could do this. Her eyes locked with Vladimir's, if he knew better how she could help---she was listening.

Flora, however, kept a level gaze on Jezebel.

"We will need a battery," she said. "The amount of energy required is far more than any of you--even Lillian--can gather naturally, but it must be present to undo Bethianna's work. A curse wrought of such desperate emotion is amplified by thousands, Anna--did you not think of that? You could not have simply let the boy suffer, our kin feel uncomfortable, and the rest have a cozy nap?" Flora rolled her eyes. Idiots. What had been a mildly inconvenient sleeping spell had become a monster in Bethianna and Lorelei's attempts to avoid damage to the guests. 

But she was off track.

"There is no device that can hold such energy, either. Only one of our own," she returned to her point. A living battery. "One of you will be required to act as such. You will be cut from all but your most basic abilities, returned to a state where you require minimal energy in yourself. You will need to be in the company of blood kin at all times. You will be guarded, watched, an asset we can ill afford to lose. You will be full beyond bursting, and still filled more each day." Flora smiled her satisfied, calm smile.

"Like a sneeze that will not come, a full bladder with nowhere to go. It will be dangerous if it consumes you, if you allow it to spark. You will be full of fuel and ready to explode. But you must conserve every drop." Flora folded her arms. "And the rest of you will visit this battery, feed to it your excess. Even should it protest the pain, the discomfort. Only when there is enough can we proceed." she turned.

"Ruella," Flora said. "You will be our battery."

Before anyone could object, Améa nodded, accepting her duty. This was her mess, and she would pay the costs.

Cassandra blinked as Alex turned away from her to cough, almost as though pulling away, not wanting her there to help, but the stubborn redhead shifted closer and spotted what he had. That was blood. Immediately, her concern shifted to her boyfriend as she sifted through a pocket on her skirt and came up with a small travel pack of tissues, offering them to him. She wouldn't say anything, she knew he didn't like the idea of people trying to take care of him, the hit to his ego that this had to have made considering how well he'd done so far this year. But she also wasn't going to let him push her away and leave him to deal with it himself either. A gentle hand shifted to his back and just lay there lightly, letting him know she was there for him.

The fight that broke out with the brothers caught her attention, but only for her to shift around subconsciously as a physical buffer for Alex. She didn't want anyone lashing out at him, it was bad enough that the Flora girl seemed to have plenty to say to him. She sighed softly and continued to rub his back a little as she rested head head against him lightly. She wasn't following this talk of batteries and such, but it sounded like she wouldn't be much help to them.

"Can you do a fairy blessing?" Violetta then asked quietly, causing Cass to look at the girl who seemed to be eyeing her for a brief moment. The triplets' attention seemed to be shifting constantly, between their mother and sister, their father and uncle, Améa, and Alex and Cassandra. But the girl seemed to have heard Cass' question and her answer was one that confused the redhead. Was that even a thing? And didn't someone have to be a full fairy to do something like that? She had no idea, but offered a small halfsmile.

"I could try, I guess," Cass said, mostly just to see if it would help the girl feel a little better. It seemed to have worked well enough though, as the triplets returned their attention to Viktor, and gently tugged from Améa's hold so that they could move over to him without any fear, practically piling on top of him with hugs. He would never harm them, and he needed their calm right now.

Narragyambie ☆ Family Busybody★ LilyCat
?? year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

What no one knew, what none of them could know unless she desired it, was that Lorelei was still there.

The girl - now teenager if one judged by her physical lifeless body - 'watched' all that went on in the wake of her sacrifice. Her mother's distress, her father's rage, those who appeared lost and bewildered. And, of course, the ever practical Flora, who appeared to be taking far too much amusement from all of this. That wasn't all that the girl could see, however. The plane she found herself on showed so much more to life and the energy of the world, how it ebbed and flowed. She could see where she could tug and pull and tiny threads here and there to change various things. She could see where Alex's small wounds in his energy was, and those small fraying threads of Cassandra's 'belief' in her humanity that kept her from realising what she actually was.

Bethianna's own wound of a sort was also visible to the girl, where her energy was currently leaking from and would continue to do so if not tended to. The girl, brushed over her, sealing that hole, as it would be no help to anyone if the Lady Anna continued to lose her own energy. She soothed over Alex's metaphysical hurts, sensing each small ripple in his fragile state, and removing his pain. She drifted over her father's raging form to settle some calm through him. She tightened up those threads of Améa's long-term injuries, preparing her aunt for the energy that she would be forced to hold. Invisible to all the girl made her observations and quickly absorbed the information she was learning from this plane of existence. While Bethianna would likely have an inkling of the girl's workings, no one else would even sense her, and it was best kept that way. She could not do much else for those here right now and it would only hurt them more to know she was existing in a form they could not reach.

But there were things she could do for others, people to attend to. She had work to do.

As Cassandra leaned more against him even after he had pulled away from her a slight glance shifted towards the woman's direction. Fingers curled around the tissue as he gave nod of a thank you before applying the blood away from his lips.

"Even with clouded visions there are many things I can see, Kiddo." Alex could still feel Cassandra' physical presence lingering against him even as his blue eyes bore towards Flora. Even as the red-heads attention shifted towards the direction of the Triplets which gave his peripheral the chance to search along for Caleb to make sure he was alright. "Already knew you weren't any sibling of mines." The atmosphere was tense which meant he had to try to draw in his own mind to gain a semblance of control over his own emotions from stretching outwards in a rage  Since right now there had been way too much that he needed to process bit by bit, yet, rapidly. 

Yet, the next tone of his voice would perhaps be much more unexpected. "If it means anything to you, Flora, you have my sympathy in that." It was actually a shift of genuine human care. Not that she deserved it, but much like most people her own bitterness and that pain that raged on the inside wasn't of her own machinations. That didn't excuse her but that didn't put the entire pin as her fault either. "But I don't need my Mother, that's something we share. She may think she has done things for me out of care or twisted love for her own hearts sake. She just needs to watch me conquer - then live with the fact she was wrong. The rebel in me would have it no other way."

A shrug formed afterwards. "I am my father's child. I care because she needs someone to save her from herself and she doesn't even know it. Interestingly enough, even for all your belief of 'You don't care or don't need' your mother? That strike of pain is still so loud in you. Though something tells me you'd simply deny this notion." No one truly shrugged it off, covered it up or severed themselves briefly, maybe. Unless they were a sociopath there would still be that tie and something told him Flora wasn't a true sociopath but really twisted in the mind. 

Besides, he held someone who already held a 'Mother-Esque' position whether she cared for it or not, she had shown today that she cared quite a bit about his wellbeing and chances. Once Flora remarked on his suffering it dawned on him that it also meant he was indirectly a cause for Lorelei's state, being a catalyst for the Bethianna's choice to divert the magic in order to keep him from dying.

This was bittersweet.

There would only be one path for him now, To Conqueror, before it was easier to teeter the line but a life placed in danger for him. Somethings were needed for him to do, one last thing to experience and then he would need to do that which had been being put off. As Flora went on to explain the 'Plan' he knew regardless, he wouldn't be able to help, he wasn't a Battery but rather a Siphon in both aspects. His attention turned towards Améa who hadn't even protested and it caused him to bite his lower lip. He would need to stay away and he knew this much. 

He needed to center himself and so he stepped slightly back away from the majority of his family closing his eyes to press his body to endure pain - at least until he noticed there was none - squinted eyes formed completely baffled. That was abnormal, highly, abnormal. At least he wasn't dealing with the pain but now he had more questions on top of questions. 

Violetta's question towards Cassandra lingered in his ears as he turned a gaze towards Bethianna remembering the conversation and a small realization shifted onto his face. 

Melbourne ☆ Master Cellist/Conductor of the MSOSanctusX

Whilst Vladimir kept his brother bound to the ground with his umbrakinesis, the man could feel something else. It made the hairs on his arms and the back of his neck rise up, but there was no danger. It was almost soothing. The stinging that had begun to pervade his senses from where Viktor had clawed at his face began to fade away into a dull throb. 

That was when his eyes locked onto Améa’s, and the man forced himself not to blink in turn. His red eyes focused upon the woman, as clearly she was the source of this. He could hear his brother’s heart beginning to slow down, and as he watched Améa use her magic, he could see the triplets leaving her side to pile upon their father in hugs.

The threat Viktor had posed was gone, but even if Vladimir had been worried, he still would have done what he did next. He let the darkness fade away slowly, releasing the man from its bonds. Viktor would not harm his children.

Thank you, Améa, Vladimir expressed in his thoughts, an earnest tone that did not often his his verbal speech, eyes still on her even as his own magic faded away and disappeared completely. Vladimir’s own aches from being thrown, punched, and clawed were all dull now. 

Truthfully blood would do him well to recover, but there was no source to be had.

Viktor, for his part, had at first tried to struggle against the darkness that bound him, but the blood that was boiling between his ears was beginning to die down. His fangs were shrinking back to their normal length, and he could sense something strange, a different kind of magic. It seemed akin to what Jez was able to use when he felt ill and wanted to soothe him. 

His expression changed completely when the triplets came over and piled on top of him in hugs. Oh, his little ones, his babies, Viktor’s face welled up with tears, moving the youngsters enough so that he could sit up and wrap his arms around them. 

I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” he muttered under his breath, trying to calm his breathing down, the rage gone now and leaving him with the gnawing sensation of worry and underlying anger at what had been done to his eldest child.

Vladimir left his brother be, and wiped away the blood that had remained on his cheek. His eyes turned from Améa to Jezebel and Flora, observing the exchange between them. A battery? Vladimir did not entirely understand what Flora had meant by that, but the girl’s demeanour was strange, at least to what he had seen when he had first met her those years ago. 

His eyes turned to Améa again when she so readily agreed to be this battery they spoke of. Are you certain? He asked of her silently.

Melbourne ☆ Actress, Princess, Supermum★ LilyCat
25* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

Jezebel had not really been able to pay much attention to anything except her daughter, and the words spoken by those regarding her and how to help her. She grew increasingly more annoyed at Flora's seeming need to keep belittling others rather than simply seeing to the real issue. Each time the girl broke off to throw more words at Alex, she wanted to grab her and tell her to get to the point already. It was probably the largest test of Jezebel's patience ever as this child - that clearly was not really a child, there was something far too 'old' about her - laughed and scolded people.

A glance was cast toward a scuffle between Viktor and Vladimir, a moment of perplexity within the woman as her ever-docile love lost all reason and started screaming about killing. She'd never seen him fall to his Dhampiric side blood, and it was not good for him or his heart. She was torn between remaining at Lorelei's side and trying to calm him, but it seemed that his brother and the triplets had that under control, so she refocused on her daughter and what would be needed. A battery. Alright, easy, she could do that.

But Flora decided Améa was going to be the battery, before Jezebel could even speak up to nominate herself. It was her daughter, she would do anything for her, including go through what sounded like an awfully unpleasant experience. Looking over to Améa, there was an expression of deep appreciation as her sister easily accepted the role that was given to her.

'Thank you,' Jezebel sent the soft thought across to Améa, as her gaze shifted to the more defined features of Lorelei, who now looked about twice her age. She brushed her fingertips down the cool pale cheek and inhaled a sharp breath as she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"We have to... I'm going to have to take her somewhere she can... sleep," The mother murmured quietly. There were still people here, the party was still basically going, despite what had happened. "A couple of people need to go around to the guests and say... say that Lorelei fell ill, that's all. But that everything's alright. There's nothing to worry about." She glanced around, her gaze stopping on Alex and Cass, and then each of the Valentins who were still gathered. "Please? While I get Lei sorted..." The young mother then looked over to Rheldor. She hoped that he was alright, all of this must be so much for someone who just learned he had such a large family.

"Are you doing alright, Grandfather? Please, get a drink and relax, and..." Jezebel cleared her throat a little as she looked around her family, "I need to move her. I can't keep her lying here if there's nothing we can do right now."

Tally Staff ☆ Tallygarunga Librarian★ Sadrienne
39* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

It was settled. Flora approached Améa, a glittering string suddenly clasped between her fingers. Within seconds it was around Améa's neck, cold crystals uncomfortable on her neck. It would not come loose, and it would serve to hold the energy within her even after she reached her natural capacity. Améa tried to adjust it to a more comfortable position, but no matter how she shifted it, there was always a point against her skin. 

"Yes, we---we need to get her from the ground," Adele murmured. The prospect of using Améa as a battery horrified her, and had Flora not so quickly decided, she would have offered herself as well. Caleb followed at Alex's heels, spooked by what had happened, and not willing to let his uncle out of sight. He reached for Alex's hand, wanting the physical security that would offer. Adele remained close by David. Rheldor, who had been shocked into silence until now, gave Jezebel a gentle grin.

"Let me help," he said, refusing Jezebel's suggestion to sit and relax. He bent to pick Lorelei up, calm under pressure. Rheldor had always been good in a crisis, and he could easily bundle the grown girl into his arms. "Just you tell me where to take her. We'll get her nice and comfortable," his voice was soft and soothing. The excitable man had shifted to the quiet, regal presence of a true prince. 

Bethianna, who had realised her mistake when the energy refused to stop flowing---held herself as still as possible so as not to spend what little she had left. She had torn something that would not fix in the usual ways, and it was a wound that would prove to be fatal if it did not heal. Bethianna accepted this. She had no regrets, only that she would be able to make an exit before the last of her went. But---before her knees began to buckle, the flow stopped. The signature that went along with the assistance was known to her, and she peered to see the user. 

Ah.

That was heartening. Strength trickled slowly back into her, starting with the sharpness in her eyes. Bethianna wiped her mouth with a dark green sleeve, ignoring the blood that stained it. She would be fine.

Narragyambie Guest
24* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

Améa was more than certain. She needed to atone for what she had brought upon her family, and though the punishment could never be enough---it was a start. As the triplets left her side, she squeezed each one gently on the arm. Améa knew what they were doing, and she held no fears for them. There was no reality in which Viktor would cause them harm, and if the world really was that broken, no one here who would allow it.

The gentle touch of Vladimir's words in her mind was oddly welcome, where she generally felt the presence of another to be intrusive. 

The touch of the necklace as it was fastened around her neck was less welcome. It felt like tiny knives pricking her skin. Even as she tried to adjust her collar to cushion the edges, they still seemed as sharp and painful as if the fabric wasn't there. She tried not to fiddle with it further, aware that this too was part of her atonement.

Améa stood, moving to help where she could---but an odd sensation swept through her. One she knew, vaguely, from long ago. Her mind swirled and her body felt... tight. Like it was floating, though she could see her feet firmly planted on the ground... which was getting closer and closer. Her limbs shrank rapidly, bones cracking and crunching as her body re-assembled itself back to... a child? She worried that it wouldn't stop, staring at Flora in horror.

"Did you not listen, Ruella?" Flora said, with a roll of her eyes. "This state will conserve your energy. And you will be required to be in the company of your blood kin every moment, this is not optional." 

"What happens if she is not?" Nika asked, still clinging to Viktor.

"She must be watched," Flora hissed. "If she is to try and use what is contained in her, it is a match to gasoline."

Améa nodded, simply accepting this. Wrapping the excess fabric from her clothes around her, she tied them neatly in place. Did blood kin still mean Mrs Mary? That was all she really needed to know. She had become accustomed to life with Mrs Mary.

Tally Staff ☆ School Nurse✩ Shell
22 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

A mixture of screams and shouting roused Josie from the nap she'd so easily accepted.  Sitting up, she pressed the heel of her hand to her forehead as she looked around, confused, people running to one location.  The screaming was Jezebel, the shouting was Viktor.  She watched, trying to orient herself as whatever had happened had been blocked from view by the mass of bodies, and to watch as Viktor was being held to the ground by some odd magic.  What was going on?  What had happened to cause such a reaction from him?

She tried to stand, but she felt dizzy and wobbled on her legs, soon enough seeing a trio of children all pile onto their dad before he sat back up and held them.  The minister was shooing people away, and Josie knew whatever it was....she wasn't welcome.  She also knew that whatever happened, having people crowd wasn't going to help, so she sat back down and simply observed instead.  Viktor was still there, and he had plenty of ability in healing.  There was no reason for her to venture over.

She blinked up as Derrick and a brunette she vaguely recognized but could not place sat near her.  "Yeah....I think so anyway.  What...?"  She didn't finish the sentence.  In truth it wasn't her business, only her curiosity.  She shook her head again, trying to shake the magic.  "What about you two?"

Repository ☆ Fourth Year ☆ Student✩ Shell
14 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

"She's around somewhere!  What, thought I drove myself?"  She laughed at the idea, enjoying the light jesting with her great uncle.  Soon enough her mind was preoccupied with other things beyond fairy tales and jokes.  Mairead had an ear for gossip -- especially that which pertained to those she called family.  So hearing that Alan might purpose to someone?  Her grin turned wide as her eyes sparkled.  She was quite enjoying all the hinting going on in Kate's life too.  Her eyes glanced over to where Alan was with Audrey, watching curiously.  Was there really something there?

Beaming back up at Uncle Stu, she laughed.  "Of course you were."  Leave it to him to decide to drink at a family gathering.  He would still be plenty of fun, and she was excited to see him either way.  She didn't have much of a chance to think on anything else as a funny feeling washed over her and she began to feel tired.  The blonde rubbed at her eyes as she watched her uncle sit at the table, immediately snoring like some elephant seal.  She had barely made it over herself before she laid her head on her arms and succumbed to the sleeping magic.

She'd missed so much.  When she awoke, Stuart was nowhere near her anymore, but in a crowd trying to get people to back away.  So many people looked upset in some way or another and she looked around confused. What...was going on?  She looked over to find Kate and lightly pushed at her shoulder.  "Kate?"  she asked, feeling a little scared from all the commotion around them.

Eyes found Caleb who grasped at his hand - the young boy seemed to be in shock and rightfully so. His head shook and he knew it wasn't time to get into this 'debate', no, larger things were at stake. As he leaned his head back to gaze towards the sky a long breath of hair expelled out of his lips to center his mind and collect his thoughts. Once he found his right mind he'd lean down and pick Caleb up within arms. "Hey there, Caley. It's alright, don't worry about it we'll get all this chaos sorted out. 'Family stick together', am I right?" A gentle weak was offered towards him. 

Then his attention towards Bethianna who seemed to have been in worse shape than himself and though he wanted to step closer to add his physical support and presence that wasn't a viable option, not if he wanted her to be able to keep strong. How deep the damage was he couldn't hazard a gaze and that had been primarily due to him not understanding the full depth of everything just yet. But he still had one talent that he could use that wasn't too exhausting for the moment and as such his eyes closed as he focused his mind towards Bethianna. 

'Thank you. . . I yet again have you to think for this life I now breathe. I won't let it go to waste and I wish I knew what I could to assist you right now.

Just then his mind was taken off point from that message with Jezebel's words rocketing towards himself and a few others - The Twin Dhampir brother's and Cass. Alexander's head lightly twitched towards the direction of his Father for the worried Mother to follow after. "You go on. Let your reliable Uncle handle this, I was born for relieving and easing." Which hadn't been a lie, he would need to pull out all the stops for this one to at least sap the heaviness that the evening will hold, words, they alone wouldn't soothe the hearts and concerns of those that had managed to watch what had went down even without getting the dialogue of what exactly unraveled.  

A hand pressed along Cass's arm lightly. "I have an idea and I'm gonna need you to be that energy for me. " He had been about to turn until he stopped seeing the shape of Améa twist and contort into something that... Wasn't a form he recognized of her aside from the brief pictures from the family album. Was she just. . . Kidified? That was going to be one of those things he'd need a proper tutor about for understanding. "I'm about to show you the power of music and the dancing arts, Caleb." A hand looped through Cassandra's  lightly as he started to lead the way towards the central area of the Garden's - Aiming to gain a easy standing position to prepare and then ready the announcement to try and the ease the concern in a one two punch.

Professor Teaching Staff ☆ Transfiguration Professor/HealerSanctusX

Viktor sat in place with his children, holding them close as he observed Jezebel and Rheldor, the man picking up Lorelei without seemingly any difficulty. His mind still hadn’t fully comprehended what was happening, had happened. But Vladimir was telling him that Lorelei did have a heartbeat, and that was enough for his mind for the time being. 

Though the children helped, Viktor did not want to try and exacerbate his mind more than it already had in the midst of all of this.

Vladimir for his part watched with inward curiosity and some concern as he watched Flora place some necklace around Améa’s neck, and the latter turned into a child before their very eyes. A battery? A vessel for energy? A match to gasoline? The Dhampir turned his gaze to Flora and inquired, She will implode with the power that resides within her, correct?

This was magic that would take Vladimir time to comprehend, but he could be patient.

Viktor placed kisses on the triplets’ foreheads, squeezing them tight before he let go and managed to get himself up onto his feet. “Stay close to Ruella, okay? Papa is going to see Mama and Lei,” he told them, looking to his brother and giving the man a look.

Stay with all of them, please.

As you wish Viktor.

As Viktor moved to be by Jezebel, Vladimir remained where he was, observing the triplets Améa, Jezebel, Rheldor; the latter had earned a nod of approval from Vladimir, who was at least somewhat better assured that maybe this new individual was indeed a good man. 

His grandfather, as well as young Maksim, nodded their heads with regards to informing the others that Lorelei had fallen ill. Make puffed out his chest and look up at Jez and Rheldor and said, “You can count on me! I’m the best knight after all, right Mr. Rheldor?

Vladimir the younger turned his sights back on his immediate company, including Améa and the triplets. His eyes bored into Flora’s, face forever impassive as he then asked her in silence, Will this process truly work?

Melbourne ☆ Actress, Princess, Supermum★ LilyCat
25* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

Jezebel was already beginning to lift her daughter into her arms when Rheldor came along and just plucked her up. Admittedly, she shouldn't have been surprised that he didn't even have to pause or shuffle the girl around, he was buff as all hell. But she was taken aback by the calm strength and support that he was offering her, and broke down into tears right there in the middle of everyone. The woman wanted to get to her feet, but it felt like she was sudden;y weighed down by too much. This was her fault, she should have made the venue more private, should have had everything blocked off. And now her daughter was... not dead, but not there either. And had doubled in age.

It wasn't until Viktor came beside her that Jez allowed him to help her up and she began to collect herself bit by bit. She looked around as she sniffled, already people were moving to take care of things and keep the party going. They had to keep it going. To let people in on how bad the situation was, would be potentially disastrous, and they didn't need to cause a panic or draw even more attention to themselves.

"Viktor, I need you to stay here to help keep things calm. If we both go then people are going to know that something is very wrong," The woman murmured to her love, offering him a gentle hug, before looking to her grandfather and the girl he was carrying. "I'm going to take her somewhere safe to place her. I... I can't take her home, it would drive me mad to have her there like this, but I'll at least have her somewhere we know and we can keep and eye on her and... I just..." She sighed, she was going to have to create an enchantment, a construction to keep Lorelei safe within, that her family and loved ones could enter, but no one else could.

"I'll be back as soon as possible," The woman murmured quietly, giving Viktor a kiss, before moving beside Rheldor and placing a hand on his arm, the trio vanishing into nothing as she teleported them to where she had mentioned.

Cassandra was lost, to say the least, but she wanted to be there to help however she could and it seemed that making sure Alex was alright, and that Caleb wasn't too freaked out, since the poor kid looked pretty scared by everything (and who could blame him?), and so she placed a hand on the boy's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze as Alex hugged him to try and make him feel better. If allowed, she would give Caleb a brief hug too, before the two were dragged off by Alex, to go on the 'keep the party moving along' wagon. She wasn't sure if she'd even be able to help this recover, but she could try, and smiled with a nod.

"Uh oh, dancing? Can you even dance?" The young woman asked Alex, before then looking down to Caleb, hoping that he was going to be alright. She wasn't even going to comment on the de-aging of Améa, because that was freaky as hell. Thank goodness the family had been doing all that stuff in a more remote area of the party, or other folks might actually start asking questions! That's when an elderly lady that Cass had only seen once before stopped in front of the three, holding a platter of delicious smelling goodies.

"Have something to eat," It was an order from Mary Blair, who was well aware that things had gone awry and was already trying to keep spirits up and people feeling more relaxed without even being asked, "There's lots of things for everyone's tastes." She added with a warm smile, and then knelt down to beam at Caleb, "Ah! And something special for a March Hare." She winked and nodded to some cupcakes that had carrot-shaped candies on top of them.