Eudoxia Miller

Invite sleep deprivation

Melbourne ☆ Creative Director Melbourne DanceKay
33 year old Halfblood Human ☆ her/she

Doe had not been home very long.  Greece had been complicated and it had resulted in her aunt coming to Australia for the time being.  Cali had been staying with Atlas and in true Karras form they had been fighting since both feet had hit the ground… It was typical sibling bickering, it reminded her a bit of how she and Lot would fight.  It was actually adorable.  That and they both had been doting on the kids, and that was all Doe needed.  Atlas had Silas for the night.  She had needed him to at least get some sleep.  Persephone had been sick for a few days and it was starting to kill Doe.  The last thing she needed was a whiny boy along with the restless baby and her having very little sleep.  She sighed.  She had just gotten to sleep and her little girl had started to cough. 

She moved to the room and she picked up her daughter and looked at her.  ”It’s okay my love.”  She said picking her up as she moved to the master bedroom to start the shower for a steam shower.  She looked at the pouch she had gotten at the apothecary and placed it at the bottom of the shower.  It was supposed to help break things up.  She leaned against the counter and hummed as she rocked her child.  She heard the door and the sound of Jason in the bedroom.  ”We’re in here.”  She said ”Silas is with Atlas and Calixta… I need someone in this house to get some sleep.”  She said as she stood up and moved to the door.  ”How was work?”  She asked yawning. 

Ministry Head ☆ Head of Magical Law Enforcement - Victorian Ministry of MagicScotteh
38 year old Pureblood Human

Jason got of work, and he made the familiar commute to his house. Today was special though. He had been able to leave early, had a conference with the leadership inside of his department and with the Aurors, and had designated someone to be in charge. It was time for a vacation for him. He needed to be home more often, especially since Peresphone wasn't feeling the greatest, and had been keeping Doe awake more than she needed to be. He pulled into the drive, and got out of the car, making his way into the house. He hung up his suit jacket, and loosened the tie around his neck. As he came into the house, Eudoxia must have noticed because she had called out to him when he entered the bedroom. Whenever she asked him about work, he smiled at her as he began removing the button up to change into more comfortable clothes. "Work was very well, actually." He said, still smiling. "I actually have excellent news. Two weeks vacation. Just me, you, Silas, and Persephone here. No interruptions. No problems. Just the four of us."

He looked at Persephone, and kissed the baby on the head. "How's she doing? How was your day?"

Shifting for a moment she sighed heavily.  It had been a long day, and it was honestly looking as though this was going to be a long night as well given how the baby had not wanted to settle.  Though it was possible she may settle tonight…. She hoped she would settle tonight.  Doe was exhausted most of the time.  She had figured Jason would be in bed shortly.  ”I didn’t make anything for dinner.  Silas wanted grilled cheese and I didn’t want to eat… but I think there are leftovers still in the fridge.”  she mentioned.  ”I can heat something up…”  She suggested as she looked up at him.  As he mentioned that he had taken two weeks off.  ”Can you do that?  With what has been going on?”  

Doe was actually incredibly surprised.  ”She’s been okay up until now… she started coughing about an hour ago.  Cali brought over the family remedy it may just be exhaustion, but it seems to be working?”  She said moving to look at their daughter who was getting close to falling asleep. 

Ministry Head ☆ Head of Magical Law Enforcement - Victorian Ministry of MagicScotteh

"I'm not overly worried about dinner, love. I had the food you sent me with to work a little late, so I'm not hungry at the moment." He said with a small smile. At her question about work, he did frown a moment. "Okay, maybe not completely uninterrupted. I will still be kept in the loop with everything going on. Daily memos and maybe a phone call occasionally, but I won't be physically going into the office unless something major happens. In other words, I will be home, kept updated, and spending time with my family." Of course it would never be completely uninterrupted, but this was the closest he could get to that.

Jason frowned. "Well, let's hope that it seems to be working. If worse comes to worse, I'll run out and get some muggle medicines." Jason put his hand on Doe's shoulder, and leaned in to kiss her forehead. "I'm going to get  quick shower, and then if she's still awake, I can take her to give you a small break." Jason went and started running the shower water, getting it warm. 

After her got out of the shower, he found Doe and Persephone. "How is she doing?"

She was, at the very least, Skeptical of what her husband was saying.  She knew too well that he didn’t sit still long.  It wouldn’t be too much longer before he was called into the office to do something.  She smiled at him however.  She was still hurt, that had not just gone away but he was trying, she was trying it was all they really could do at this point.  She had not been sure she would get back to the point where she was sleeping in their home again honestly.  She still felt a little off but she supposed that was just part of it.  Nodding at him as he said he was taking a shower she left the bathroom and made her way back to Persephone’s room.  She set the baby down and hoped that she would fall asleep this time.  <p>

She sat, watching for a moment and seemed Persephone was going to fall asleep for once.  She looked up and shushed Jason pushing him out of the room.  The littlest member of their family was the most volatile at the moment.  In order for the rest of the house to sleep she would need to stay asleep.  ”I think she’s finally asleep… and if you wake her, I can’t promise I wont kill you.”  She said thought she was joking, she was just sleep deprived enough to mean it. 

Jason smiled at Persephone from the doorway. As Jason pushed her from the room, he could tell she was completely out. If he woke her, it would be trouble. Eudoxia reassured him of his thoughts too with a threat. "Oh, I'm sure you would. It's good she's asleep though. You and I need to talk. I know you're tired, but it's important." Jason said putting his hand on her arm, rubbing it up and down. It had been bothering Jason, them being so distant with eachother. Ever since the situation before Greece, things had not been the same. Jason was worried that they wouldn't either. He just hoped that Eudoxia was really wanting to work things out between the two of them. He couldn't stand the thought of losing her. 

Jason made his way into the family room, taking a seat on the couch, and patting it down beside him. "Sit, please." He said, sinking back into the couch. "I need to know if we're going to be okay or not."

The phrase “we need to talk” was not one she ever quite liked to hear.  With Orion taking off with his girlfriend she was a bit more on the ‘on edge’ side of things than she had been before.  Doe knew why he had taken off, but that didn’t exactly ease her mind about the whole thing.  With all of that drama Atlas had also taken off, but to find his son and not because he was chasing some woman.  She had told Orion to be careful but in all honesty,  she had never really been careful at that age either… Not that she had ended up in the same predicament.  Maybe with Silas when she knew Jason had not wanted to have children.  However, she was an adult, and married to Jason.  Either way, her mind spun rather quickly around the idea.    Maybe he had decided he no longer wanted to make things work?

Even though he had said he taken time off- Her brain was tired, and they had not really connected recently.  It was jarring.  But then that always seemed to be the way things went for the Karras family.  They didn’t really know any other speed.  She stood for a moment as he asked her to sit.  She never liked feeling as though she was in jeopardy and she studied him for a minute.  ”I hope so.”  she said honestly because that was her hope.  ”It is going to take time.”  She said with a small sigh.  ”Our time together is often limited and other things get in the way...”  Like their children.  It was not a bad thing it just… made it harder to have alone time.  ”I want to be okay.” 

"I understand that our time together is limited. So, then, why are we wasting that precious time by being apart when we can be together? I understand I screwed up, and acted like a complete ass. But, with that being said, you're still here. I'm still here. Let's not waste the time we have." Jason said, almost pleading. "I want us to be okay too. I've taken the time off, well, because, I felt it was the right thing to do, and I miss you." And, this was true. Jason had been coming home earlier than usual these days, and it was because he hoped he'd be able to spend a bit more time with Eudoxia. However, it seemed as though their sleep schedules were not meshing at the moment. Probably due to Persephone not sleeping correctly. 

That was part of having children though. Especially a new born.

"I just want us to be a proper family. I know things are tough right now. You're always tired, and you need to sleep when you can. I'm always working while you're awake. But, we promised eachother a long time ago that we would make things work no matter what."

”I love you, you know that.”  She said.  The truth was she was tired most of the time now.  Though she couldn’t remember the last time she had felt well rested.  Taking a deep breath she nodded.  ”I knew going into this that we wouldn’t always be one the same schedule, I mean many morning I woke up alone when we were dating.  He would be called away, and she understood it then, she understood it now even when it was rather frustrating.  Looking at him she nodded, her hand on the side of his face.  ”I miss you too.”  Which was the truth.  Doe missed Jason quite a bit.  She had needed the time in Greece.  Perspective was something you sometimes had to gather outside of the situation.   

”We are a proper family, right down to the row.”  She said with a smile.  They had both been hurt, that was no secret.  ”We did…”  Letting out a breath she leaned into the couch.  ”So what do we do?”   She asked him.  They now had this time to spend with one another. 

"And, I love you." Jason said in return. She was right though, there were  many times that they were apart. That was before the children. With them now, it seemed as though they really had no time for eachother. It wasn't a bad thing, because Jason wouldn't trade his children for anything in this world. He did miss the time alone with his wife though. He missed the lunches they had together at his work. He missed the late night fun. The morning runs at the beach. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had time to even go to the beach. 

"Doe, I don't know what we do, but I do know that no matter what it is, I want it to be us. Side by side. Like it's always been." Jason placed his hand on her leg, and leaned over to kiss her head. "Forever and until the end of time."

”you are very cheesy.”  She said with a small smile her hand came to rest over his and she sighed. Life was complicated… they had grown to something she had never seen coming, and she supposed they were just growing again.  ”Jason, I don’t plan on leaving you.”  she had been worried for a little while.  She had not known what would happen between them but he had come to Greece.  She looked at him.  She knew that  there was no way she survived a break up… not this time, not when it was Jason. ”I don’t want to leave you.”  she added.    

She didn’t want to leave him.  ’What do you want to do?”  She asked him.  ”With this time.” 

"Well, I am relieved to hear you say it. I was a little worried for a while." Jason said, looking at her. "I half expected to come home one day and find that you had packed all of your things and left." Jason wasn't entirely sure what he would do if that had happened to him. The last time it occured, it had bothered him, but he got over it. With Doe? He didn't think he would be able to handle that one. Not with her. He loved her far too much.

Whenever she asked him what he wanted to do with this time though, he just placed his arm around her, and pulled her into him. "Just enjoy eachother's company. We can talk. We can just sit here in silence and enjoy the warmth of one another. If I'm being honest, it doesn't matter what it is, like I said, as long as I'm with you. You can call me cheesy, but it's the truth." Jason gave her a small smile, and kissed the top of her head. "I just want to be with you."

Doe shook her head.  ”The Karras family can only handle so much drama at a time and with Orion taking off with his pregnant girlfriend, I suppose that has earned you the repreieve…”  She teased.  She has not planned to actually leave him.  Not forever- and at least not now.  It was the longest she had felt so disconnected from her husband and she didn’t like it.  She had been profoundly unhappy and she was not sure I f it was just the lack of sleep, and missing Jason… or if there was something more pervasive at play.  She had gotten back into the studio for herself, it had been a long time since she had been able to get into the studio at all.  ”I Just hope they are safe.”  She said with a deep frown.  Atlas had followed after the teenagers.  It was a mess.   

Pulled into him she took a moment and she relaxed.  ”can we eat…”  She said.  She used to enjoy when he would come home and they could eat together.  She would stay up late just to see him.  ”Eggs and waffles and everything else.”  She asked with a smile. 

"I'm sure they are safe. Your family knows how to handle their own." Jason said, reassuringly. "I'm gonna miss your dad though, honestly. We were just starting to really bond whenever we could get a moment together." The one night had been rough, but they had come through it. Honestly, Jason never really had a father figure through the majority of his life, considering his own had passed when he was just a teenager. His mother had followed soon after. Jason had kind of had to really get by in life without parental guidance and advice. The only real advice he'd gotten in his young adult life had been from the auror department. Maybe that was Jason's problem.

When she mentioned eating, he perked up. "I could definitely do with some food. But, I want to cook it for once." He said, and he hopped up. "This could be dangerous, and I could use supervision." He joked. Well, it wasn't really a joke. Jason never really was much of a cook. But, he got the stuff out that was needed to cook. "Omelette, scrambled, or fried?"

”I will miss him too, but I think this is a good thing, he’s actually being a dad.”  She said as she looked at her husband.  ”It took him long enough.”  Which had been something that had made all of them a little irritated with.  She sighed.  ”On the plus side, none of us had kids as teenagers.”  So maybe having atlas as a father was not a terrible thing.  ”he’ll be back once he finds Orion.”  She assured him.  Though she was not sure what would happen.  ”which reminds me I have to see her parents tomorrow.”  Which was just as uncomfortable as it sounded.  ”The Karras Family continues to make friends wherever we go.”  She rolled her eyes at the idea. 

”Are you sure that is what you want?”  She asked him as she followed him into the kitchen where she sat and allowed him to cook.  ”I am very nervous, and no one delivers this late….”  which would have been the backup plan had this been dinner…’Scrambled lets not get too crazy…” 

"Uh, yeah I'm sure." He said, and laughed at her when she mentioned nobody delivers this late. "Psh. We have a kitchen full of food. If I screw up, we have backup plans. Mainly lunch meat sandwiches for a quick fix...." He trailed off a moment, finishing getting everything prepared on the counter. "Although, your low faith in me is disturbing..." He looked at her. "But, very well deserved." He shot her a grin. He'd gotten slightly better with cooking than when they first got together, of course. Nothing had caught fire lately. 

"Scrambled it is then." He said, cracking the eggs into a bowl before he mixed them together. "This is a horrible idea." Jason said, laughing. He grabbed a beer from the fridge, cracked it open, and took a gulp. Smacking his lips together, he put the bottle down, and went back to the food, and began the cooking process. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. That was about the most he was allowing his cooking expertise to be trusted to make.

"If it tastes like shit, you have to tell me." He said, and as it all finished, he placed it onto plates, and set it down in front of Doe, and one for himself. "And, if you get sick, totally not my fault.."

Letting out a sharp laugh she looked at him for a moment and then shook her head.  ”I just know your limitation my love.  Just like I know my own.  If I need someone to chase down a fugitive I will be sure to find you.”  Cooking had never been something he was good at, even now her mother’s day breakfast in bed was usually toast and fruit and come sort of cold cereal.  Not that she minded too much, she was glad to have something that was easy to clean up and wouldn’t end up with them evacuating the house while it went up in smoke.  ”Right… food I will end up having to prepare.”  She said.  She was not sure letting him cook was a great idea now… she wanted the eggs…

It had been a long time since she had actually wanted eggs and now, she really wanted them.  The idea had been placed in her head. ”It is a horrible idea.”  She said with a soft smile.  ”But you seem pretty determined…”  That was the biggest part of it.  ”Don’t worry I’ll tell you and if I do get sick it is in fact your fault.  Its also in your best interest I do not get sick with Persephone being sick and needing attention Silas has taken to being needy and throwing temper tantrums.”  She frowned ”Like his father he is quite hard headed…”  she had the bruises to prove it. 

Jason smiled. "I won't be much good with the chasing." He said, frowning. "I'm afraid that my body just does not allow that much anymore." He looked at Doe. "I'll delegate." Jason was now okay with the idea that his days in the field were over. He was accepting of his place behind a desk. A more political role than anything. With everything that was going on with the Sollozzo situation, Jason was finding himself being hounded by reporters over "sightings". It was a nightmare.

Jason laughed. "Okay, so it'll be my fault. Good thing I'm off then. I'll just take care of all of you." He said, grinning. "And, hey! I'm not that hard headed..........Okay, maybe I am." He laughed. Jason looked at the plates of food, and took a deep breath. "Moment of truth..." He said, and took a bite. He chewed it a few moments, and swallowed. "Not bad..." He said, and took a sip of his beer.

That is true, you can barley keep up with me and I am always exhausted.” She pointed out.  ”you cannot delegate me.”  She said, teasing.  There was not much she would accept in lieu of her husband anyway.  ”Then again I do not think you want to delegate most of the things that I am in need of you for.”  she said raising her eyebrows.  ”I missed this.”  she said taking a moment to enjoy the back and forth that had been part of their relationship before.  That had been most of the relationship in many ways… from that first time on the beach.  She moved closer to him and leaned over to kiss him.  

”You are doomed, because like father like daughter, she is very high maintenance.”  She teased.  The whole family could be when it came down to it.  Though it had been a rather long time since she had been sick enough for Jason to take care of her, the last few weeks of her pregnancy this time she had been on bed rest.  ”Its okay that you are, sometimes I need someone who can headbutt the badguys.”  She leaned back though and pulled the t-shirt up slightly to show off the bruise… ”At least when he falls and bangs his head it wont be sooo bad.”  They were lucky with how active his parents were he had not gotten himself injured by now. 

"Oh, I am definitely doomed. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't trade them in for anything in the world." He said, smiling. It was crazy that there was a moment in time that Jason didn't want children. Not even in the slightest. With Doe, though, it felt right. When she made the comment about headbutting the bad guys, he chuckled. He had used his head for that a time or two out in the field. Unorthodox, but effective. "They'll be tough like the both of us." Jason said, smiling. As he finished up his food, he wiped his mouth clean. 

"We need to make the most of this time, you know. Two weeks may seem like some time, but it will fly past. What should we do with it?" He asked, moving closer to Eudoxia. 

They were both doomed honestly.  Doe was a mess and half on a good day.  She had been a little more of a mess recently, she was tired, she had not felt herself and he family, all of it, had been in turmoil.  She was worried about Orion and Frankie and the new little Karras that was developing.  She wondered if the kids would be able to handle having a kid… she sighed.  She would help however she could, she knew  she would feel better once she heard from Orion.  He had only just been family for a little bit.. but she didn’t care he was her brother.  That and her kids loved him.  She smiled. 

”That is true…”  Time tended to fly when you were having fun.  Well… she was not sure if this would count as fun.  ”I can think of a few things.”  It had been a very long time.  ”I have a honey do list a mile long.”  she teased him.  Though he had moved closer she leaned in to kiss him- to actually kiss him- not one of the quick pecks that become the norm as of late. 

"Oh, do you now?" He asked, smirking as she leaned in. When she kissed him, it wasn't like the ones that he'd been used to lately. This one had a little more passion in it. Something that they had not had in quite some time. He stood up from his stool, and pressed up against her. He placed his hands on her cheeks, and when he pulled away, he smiled at her. "I've missed this too." Jason said, smiling at her. He took her hands into his, and looked into her eyes. "Two weeks might not be enough time to get in everything on your honey do list. Sounds like after that I might just have just have to start leaving the office on time, leaving it up to the Deputy. Something I should have done a lot more often, if I'm being honest." 

Jason kissed Eudoxia's forehead. "I know I can't apologize enough for not being home as much. The office may need me, but you all really need me more."

”I do.”  She confirmed with a smalls mile and nod.  Letting out a soft laugh.  ”Oh, I can guarantee you that two weeks is not long enough.”  She said.  Not that there was a lot on the list… the usual things that required attentions from time to time.  Doe did her best but with the kids sometimes, most of the time really, they got forgotten and pushed aside.  ”I can always ask Dylan to come help.”  she said.  Her wandmaker friend was actually quite handy.  ”He did most of the heavy lifting in France.”  Her connection to Dylan was Malcolm though Dylan never belonged with her ex.  Neither of them did.  This was the closest she had felt to him since Persephone had been born.  Even  in Greece their time was limited. 

”We do need you.”  she said.  ”I have always had to share you with your work.  I knew that I would have to.”  She said quite honestly.  ”Its not just me anymore and your kids deserve to know you.”  she said.  He was a good dad, she wouldn’t dare say he was not but he was a man overworked.  That always made it harder to be present with those you loved.  ”Because you are a really great dad Jason.”  She had a father who left much to be desired and Jason was the furthest thing from Atlas.  ”No one said it would be easy… we just can’t stop communicating.” her leg had intertwined with his. 

"Some help would be nice..." Jason said, smiling. "It would give us a little bit of time together. Alone. Something we just don't have anymore." 

Jason looked at Eudoxia, and nodded. "I know they deserve to know me, and they will." He said, putting his arms around her. "Thank you for that. I know I'm not around much, but the time I am around, I try to be the best father I can be." He kissed her head again. "You're a fantastic mother, and they are lucky to have you." Jason rubbed her leg with his hand, and said, "We will communicate with each other more.I'll be around more." Jason said, and he lifted her up in his arms, and carried her into the sitting room, and placed her onto the couch. He laid down beside her, and kissed her softly. 

"We can communicate in every which way possible."

Help was always nice.  ”He is not the most well versed with kids but he did fix your wand when your son broke it.”  She said wrinkling her nose.  Not for any reason other than the memory of her child looking at them hearing no and snapping the wand in half anyway.  having a new baby sister had been hard on him.  He was coming around on the whole thing since h found out he had a new uncle.  He just imagined the amount of jealousy that will come from a new cousin.  Maybe Lilah could help with that too given she had to go through a new cousin.  ”I didn’t have the best parenting role models but I have you.”  which made her feel braver in many ways.  Another reason he turmoil had been so unsettling for her. 

Legs wrapped around him as they moved from the kitchen to the couch.  She had to admit it had been a long time since they had this sort of alone time… honestly, she couldn’t remember the last time.  They had always been a fairly active couple, several of the utility closets could testify to that.  ”Every way?”  She asked him and smiled.  Her hands tailed along the musculature of his biceps and chest like a familiar map.