Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
September, 2019 :: Spring

Repository ☆ Sixth Year Elking
Muggleborn Human ☆ He/Him/His

Stanley's attempt at reading his text books had amounted in less reading and more pinwheeling in his position on one of the common room couches- from hunched over a coffee table to lounging horizontal and finally upside down with his feet hooked over the backrest. Back at home, his tutor had given up on getting Stanley to read anything compared to walking him through it with a handhold tactic. Now he was on his own though, and his brand new school books still creaked when he opened them. After another minute of squinting into his Magical Theory text, he groaned and tossed it onto the table, rolling over to pick up his Herbology book instead. "Alright. Memorising some plant stuff. I can do that." He announced to nobody, standing on the couch in his socks and pyjamas. Pike gave himself one stride across the 3-seater sofa to skim a page of details, and then the walk back to the other side to recite them without looking.

Pike marched back and forth bouncing lightly on the cushions as he went, talking out loud to himself as he listed off plant species- looking pleased when he even managed to recall the names and properties in the short window he gave himself. The mild productivity came to a crashing halt however, as so did Stanley.
Maybe the couch was at the end of its lifespan anyway, but his jumping around on the furniture was certainly the last straw to breaking the armrest from the body of the couch with an almighty crash. Pike went sprawling onto the floor as he lost his balance and tripped over it to boot, his book skittering and his limbs flailing.

What was sure to have been only a mild irritation to any other Sturts in their rooms turned into a brief cacophony of broken furniture and cussing teenager, followed by silence. Stanley groaned quietly as he rolled over, wide-eyed surprise to have broken school property without the intent to do so.
"Oh- oh shit. There has to be a spell for this.
With brand new enthusiasm, he sat on the floor and reached for another textbook while drawing his wand. Ok, Pike. Time to be a wizard!

Repository ☆ Fifth Year Dunkle
Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Hine had fallen asleep, hunched over an open transfiguration book. She had been studying late, her knowledge of transfiguration was weak compared to her classmates, mostly because her experience had been mostly theoretical until now. Her mother hadn't had the proficiency to teach, a weakness that looked like it was going to be passed down unless Hine could catch up. Unfortunately, she had been burning the candle at both ends trying to get caught up in most of her classes, only Herbology and Potions were anything close to up to speed.
So, this series of events led to the Kiwi student being asleep, surrounded by notepaper and notes about the nature of lightning storms and potions, and incantations. And for this reason, despite being obscured, and mostly insulated from the rest of the room's noise, the crash of furniture and swearing was enough to raise the dead.

Hine's head popped up, a piece of note paper with the word "Animagus" stuck to her forehead. She blinked slowly, looking around, before her eyes finally settled on the boy sitting next to the couch missing it's arm. 

"Uh...." Hine started groggily. "I think your couch is munted cuz." Her voice carried across the room. "You in for it."

"Aa-AAH!" Stanley jumped so far as to throw his wand too at the sudden voice- he had been sure he was alone. He glared over his shoulder while pawing around under the couch for his wand, instinctively defensive after being surprised.

"Yeah well, your face is munted," he countered in sullen immaturity, gesturing to his own forehead to imply hers. He looked back at the broken piece of furniture after reclaiming his wand, and deflated a little. 

You wouldn't call it a 'clean break'.

"I don't think it's that bad... plus this thing must have been ancient to begin with, anyway yeah?" He got to his feet and dusted off his pyjama pants, less confident to experiment with his repairs now that he had an audience. He held his wand raised for a moment, but the company felt like eyes on his back. Stanley dropped his arm again, and turned to squint at the other student.

"Hey, why're you sleeping in here, anyway? You've got a bed, don't you? I've seen you in here before,"

Hine reached up to her forehead sleepily, feeling around before pulling away the paper and blinking at it slowly. "At least my face is fixable." Her eyes fell onto the couch again, and she pushed herself to her feet, pulling down the tshirt she was wearing that had crumpled from the way she was hunched, a grey "The Butterbeer Experience" band t-shirt under a black zipup hoodie..

Even as she crossed the room, she was still rubbing her eyes. "I dunno Bro, this couch looks pretty structurally sound eh? You got an abraxan hidden around here that kicked it in or something?"  She reached into her pants pocket, moving her long wand in it's leather holster to the side and retrieved a silver hipflask. 

"I got a bed. Just gotta finish some homework." She took a long sip from the flask before using it to indicate to the girl's dorm rooms . "So, you gunna show me you can fix what you fuck up?"

"Yeah, sure, it went that way- but I almost had him." Stanley agreed in a mumble, gesturing for the door. When she reached for her hip, there was a flash of hope that she might have been a show-off who would patch up the communal couch as if it were nothing at all. At least his disappointment was curbed by the flask she procured instead, replaced with interest.

"Whatcha got there?" Stanley peered across bodily, distracted from his ails until whoever this was decided to issue a challenge. 

Immediately, the defensive attitude was riled up again and he shot her a sour look. "What? Who says I'm gonna show you anything? What are you gonna show me?" He scoffed back, though he started up some busy work with propping the arm rest back into place as though in preparation for repairs.

Mostly, Pike was hoping to stall her out of his hair so he could ditch the problem with whatever shame-free anonymity he had left.

"This?" She shook the flask and it sloshed audibly. "This is Hine's little helper." She slipped it back into her pocket, her demeanour quickly becoming less groggy. The wideeye potion was doing it's work quickly, and for that she was appreciative. 
"So..." She made her way over to the sitting area, taking up a seat opposite where Stanley was trying to reassemble the couch manually. "You are waiting for a princess to swoop in and fix your mistake? How very modern. Or Nek minnit you gunna blame me for it?"
This was so much more interesting than Transfiguration homework. She wasn't going anywhere.
"And, worth noting. When alone with a chick late at night, the words 'what are you going to show me?' probably are gunna come off hella creep."

"I'm just- lining it all up. Why are you on my back?" Stanley grizzled as she took a seat to observe his imminent failure. Did it have a stench, or something, that was summoning onlookers? He stood back once it was all somewhat aligned, collecting his wand again and sitting down beside her as he rolled it between his palms. Pike gave the other student a proper glance over now that he was beside her, taking in the non-muggle themed shirt and the holster on her hip. That, and her goading attitude screamed a bred-in level of competence that he just couldn't compete with, so instead he focused on the other half of the scene they were in.

"Ummm, you asked to 'see mine' first, weirdo. I'm here all vulnerable in my PJ's and quite frankly- you seem a little hostile." He lounged back, starting to admire his destruction like it were a piece of artwork they were discussing. "Besides, i'm a modern guy. Y'know- more afraid of you than you are of me. You look like the feminist sort, after all. In fact, why don't you stop pressing that toxic masculinity on me, expecting us guys to do all the fixing around here, and be all Rosie-whoever and do it yourself?" Stanley posed with one hand on a flexing bicep to imitate the logo he was referencing before sweeping a hand towards the broken couch for her to take the stage.

"Yeah, asking you to fix something you broke is a true blow for female empowerment. So glad you were here to explain it for me."
She leaned back, pulling up her knees and kicking off her shoes. There was a period of long silence. Was the charm Reparo? Or did it need one of the specific sub-charms? Apparently she was feigning competence, so she didn't want to break the illusion.
"What's a 'feminist sort' anyway?" She made air-quotes, her voice slightly aggressive. "Is that some kind of dig at me cuz? Cos the only thing toxically masculine around here is the smell coming from the male dorms."