Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
September, 2019 :: Spring
Sign in to follow this  

Complete A Little Bit Of Magic (Dec 1, '17)

★ Admin ☆ Resident Mamacat & Sorter of Awesome★ LilyCat
Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

Wyatt felt the keys jump from each finger before he finally had a firm grasp on the right one. After a moment of what felt like an awkward bit of silence, the familiar click was heard and a jet of cold hair went across Wyatt's face. He breathed in deep, smelling the dust of the room before entering. He bent over to grasp the guitar case and moved on in. His shoes made an echo through the chamber and he listened to them carefully. The acoustics were good. The music would sound lovely in this room.

Wyatt's brown eyes took a moment to inspect the space. He spotted a few chairs, stacked neatly in one spot and a few chairs sprawled out in the open area. A dusty old desk was by the corner and slowly he walked toward it and put a hand on it, leaving a dusty hand print. He bent over the desk and blew on it, watching the dust fly into the air and a small cough came from his throat. After he adjusted himself, he put the guitar case on top of the desk with a nice loud 'thunk'. He unlocked it slowly, like a little present on Christmas day. Before he opened it however, he paused a moment to pull out his wand from inside his blazer pocket. With a flick of the wrist and a few clear words spoken a small sound emitted from the case. His fingers slowly opened the guitar case...

He began pulling out a guitar. His own personal guitar, which he named Viola was held in one hand while his hand dipped into the abyss of the magic guitar case before pulling out a guitar stand. Then he started to pull more things from the case. An amplifier, a saxophone case, a clarinet case, appeared from the case like a little babushka doll. He paused a moment to breathe before he started taking out electric keyboard. He heard a loud thunk again and tried to pull it out. It stayed in it's place as he exhaled quickly and tried again. It was practically like pulling out a couch at this point. If anyone happened to pass by, Wyatt wouldn't have noticed unless they yelled out to him.

Melbourne ☆ Musician & Artist, Gallery Cafe Owner★ LilyCat
23 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

Had the new Professor taken a longer inspection of the room, he may have taken a note of the slightly ajar window at the back of it, and perhaps the bag that was hidden beneath a stack of chairs. As it was, he appeared to be preoccupied by unpacking, and his watcher found it rather curious, though unsurprising. She supposed that teachers changed around over the years, though had been hoping that maybe she would catch up with her teacher from when she'd been a student here.

Artemisia probably wasn't supposed to be roaming the school, but she could also say that she was here to see Alan or Adele or Audrey, or any of the people who she had connections to outside of school as well. Or that she was simply visiting as an alumni. She'd snuck in easily enough, and nostalgia had hit her as she looked around and remembered.

Moving back to Australia, coming to Tally, meeting Reade and spending a lot of their time in the Musiciary Room together. And then she'd heard the footsteps and someone unlocking the door.

Arti had kicked her bag under the chairs, and then transformed into a sugar glider, her animagus form. The now even tinier Arti then proceeded to watch what the arrival was doing, and it didn't take long to work out for herself that he must be the new teacher and was setting up the room. It was too bad that there wasn't a lot of the school year left, but she supposed at least he'd have the holidays to make things how he liked.

It was when she noticed he was having issues getting something else out of the enchanted guitar case, that the young woman debated whether she should reveal herself or not. After watching him struggle a couple more times, she decided someone may as well, and scuttled out from her hiding spot before changing back to her petite human form, right behind the man.

"Do you require some assistance?" Though her voice was soft, she spoke clearly enough and close enough that there was no one that someone wouldn't hear her, nor miss the French accent that had grown thick once again during her time away from Australia. Still, she just waited with a small amused smirk, for an answer to her query.

There was more struggling and trying to pry the piano out of the suck corner of the guitar case, his mind on trying to figure out what was the best way to take it out. It wasn't until he heard the voice close by.

Wyatt turned to noise and gave out a small gasp and fell forward onto his case, his body hitting the case flap and feeling it smash onto the biceps of his arms. He gave out a muffled yelp before biting his tongue and inhaling through his noise as the pain irradiated through his muscles. "I..." he said, slowly opening up the guitar case again. The piano was now back in the black abyss, but he tried again. "It was just a bit of a tough spot..." he assured, grabbing the piano again and slowly walking it up with each movement. His brown eyes looked over at the girl briefly before nodding towards the corner. Was she a student? She looked young enough to be, but old enough not to be. He had seen enough underage girls who slyly snuck into shows over their age range to know. For now though, he had a problem and at least some help."I think it maybe catching on the neck corner here," he began to explain . "I think if you just turn it like a couch, we can pull it out," he finished, moving over slightly so that the woman could

If the woman accepted the help, Wyatt would start to pull the piano and twist it around where the piano would easily come out. He grunted and wheezed, watching the black keys and white stripes appear until they were in the clear. When it came out, he wrapped his arm around it and placed it on the desk next to the case. His huffing and wheezing continued as he bent over. "Wish...I didn't....smoke..." he grumbled out loud to himself before standing straight up again. Once he did, he looked at the woman and gave her a genuine, but goofy smile. "Appreciate the help...Miss..." he asked, putting out his hand and waiting for a handshake.

The young woman first jumped slightly as the man gasped in fright, before then wincing as the case shut on his arms, before she lifted a hand to her lips in order to try and hide the soft chuckle that erupted. She hadn't meant for him to hurt himself when she snuck up on him, but had to admit it was a little amusing. Still, she moved forward quickly to help get the case open again, before glancing into the void within.

"Here, I'll give you a hand," Arti murmured softly, moving over to where she could reach a corner of the piano, and then she tilted it with the professor in order to help angle it out. Once it was free from the case, she assisted in setting it down, and then stepped back a little as she watched the man arranging the instrument where he wanted it.

"Ahh, you should quit. Cigarettes are hazardous to one's health... and they stink," A small impish grin was offered to the man as she leaned casually back against a desk, before offering a small nod. "It was no problem at all. Wouldn't want anything to get damaged," She, of course, was talking about the instruments, though there was a cheeky smirk on her lips as though to denote that perhaps she meant him.

"Oh, Artemisia Bellerose," Realising she hadn't given him a name, she straightened and stepped forward again, extending a hand toward him, "Former student, graduated top of Musiciary a few years or so ago. Place held a lot of good memories for me, and I just got back from my musical art tour, so just wanted to come by..." She shrugged gently, her gaze dipping downward slightly as a hint of pink touched her cheeks, realising she was talking a bit. She then cleared her throat as she glanced at him again.

"And you must be the new Musiciary professor. Getting set up before the new school year?" She canted her head as she glanced at the instruments he'd set up.

He listened to the woman talk about his smoking and chuckled. "Sounding like my ex-wife," he joked, before finally shaking her hand. "My name is Wyatt Buckley and well," he began, looking around a moment at his guitar case and rubbing his arms. His arms had a dull pain to them now and he soon leaned on the desk behind him. "Yes. I'm the new Musicary professor. My first teaching job, actually," he said. His American accent came out with a nice little southwestern twang to it. There was a small bit of goosebumps that went up his neck at the thought. He really didn't want to screw this up. This was the first job he's gotten since detox and he wanted it to work. "Nice to meet you, Miss Bellerose," he said, his eyes giving a moment to look at her.

"A former student, huh," he asked, his eyebrows raised slightly. "Alan...erm...Mr. Burdett didn't tell me a whole lot. What was your time like here?"

There was a sense of curiousity in his question. Maybe he could see what it was like before he arrived and figure out what he could do to improve, besides showing them the power of rock music.

"Well, I also speak as an ex-smoker as well," The young woman grinned impishly at the man as she rested her rear against one of the desks. The name he offered was one that she recognised, and it showed in the way that her brows rose slightly, before her smile grew a little on her features. How strange and interesting that a man of his renown had decided to settle in country Victoria and become a teacher of all things.

"You sound almost nervous. Surely you've performed in front of enough crowds to have a bit more confidence in yourself, no?" Arti's head tilted slightly as she studied the man. But then, she supposed, there was a difference between performing in front of anonymous listeners, and teaching a class of students that you were going to see all year.

Artemisia's brows rose, however, at the question posed to her, and she pursed her lips in thought as she considered it. How would she describe the classes in the past? Well, she had loved them, because she loved music anyway. She'd been top of her class for a reason.

"It was enjoyable. Honestly, this was the class I enjoyed the most, and it got me through some... rather difficult times in my adolescence," There was no need to go into her personal history though, so Arti continued on. "There was a lot of hands on, much more than theory work, which was perhaps why I enjoyed it. But even the theory was done in a way that was enjoyable as well.," She nodded gently, her gaze set to the middle distance as memories tugged at her consciousness.

"Do you have some ideas already of how you would like to do things?" The woman's attention returned to Wyatt as she questioned him curiously. "I'd be happy to help brainstorm."

Ah, he should have known. An ex-smoker and a young one at that. He paused a brief moment before coughing a moment and saying, "Well, good for you. Willpower is important." It was a strange platitude but he was becoming a teacher. He looked at her for a moment to be reminded that the person in front of him was in fact an ex-student, so they probably didn't need to hear that kind of dreck.

A soft cough come from his lips as he stood up straight again and looked at the Artemisia. When he heard her discuss about him being in front of crowds, he sort of winced and gave another awkward chuckle. "Yes, well..." he began, his thumb touching a corner on the keyboard and seeing a small scuff mark. "I know I'm in control of the situation. My fingers make the chords, my voice makes the note. People are very strange...things," he said, his hands slowly going up to rub against each other, a bit of chills going up his spine. "It's just a little nerve-wracking because what if..."

There was a long pause here before he inhaled deeply. "No. No, no. I'm going to do a good job," he said out loud. It was more of a self-affirming technique. Artemisia was right. He should have a bit more confidence in himself. He could handle this. He had to. No pressure, though!

There was another long pause from Wyatt as he heard the woman discuss her own experiences. Music was always the best medicine when it revolved around coming-of-age. It certainly helped Wyatt handle his emotions. As he grew older and understood the other arts, they all seamlessly came together like a painting or sculpture. Music would always be just a key to other beauty. He smiled a moment at that thought. "Hands on...definitely my approach as well..." he began, his smile becoming much more bigger. "I want the student to tell me what they want to do and learn. Fill in the holes where it is needed and supplement with muggle and wizarding bands. I believe that the student should choose what they want to learn," he said, another pause before looking out the window.

"Being a wizard out there can be pretty daunting. Everyone needs someway to let out all that confusion about how they fit in with it all," he explained, before looking back at her. "I've got a lot of ideas that may work. Choirs, talent shows, glee club, hell...a musical," he continued, his voice lifted by the opportunities before he stopped himself and looked at her.

"What's in your mind, Ms. Bellerose?"

The young woman couldn't help the small amused smirk as she watched the man almost stumble around his words a little. It was always odd to her how someone who had been up on a stage in front of people many times could be almost shy when talking in person with them. Of course, she had never really had a problem with shyness herself, she'd been a terror growing up, and perhaps still held a bit of that rambunctiousness inside her.

"What if...?" Artemisia's head canted as she leaned back against a desk and watched the man with interest. "Are you worried about whether you might make some mistakes because you're going to be working with children?" It was probably actually quite a legitimate concern, she had to admit, and offered a reassuring smile.

"Most kids to do this class want to learn musiciary, so you shouldn't be too concerned about that part, only really about making sure it's done safely," Arti offered a small shrug and nod. Performing magic with music was a tricky thing to do, and some people simply weren't cut out for it, but there needed to be some safety measures in place.

Listening to the man's ideas, however, it looked like he at least had some kind of focus for how he wanted to run things, and she had to smile a little at the idea of some music clubs. It could be interesting if those kinds of things picked up.

"Me?" Arti blinked a little when Wyatt questioned her on ideas for his class, and a hand lifted to rub at the back of her head, "Perhaps showing ways for people to express themselves through both music, as well as how they can use it in regard to magic and art? I mean, I grew up teaching myself how to use music to paint pictures. My sister was deaf, you see, and it was my way of sharing music with her..." A small blush crept onto her cheeks as they explained her own talent. "I can do a lot of things now, light shows and whatnot, but I find I still express myself best by combining arts."