Jonathan Azai

Invite Shadows have Eyes, Predators have teeth

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore
25 year old Halfbreed Fairy ☆ HE/HIM

It had been a day since he had made 'Plans' with the mysterious Red-Headed bartender known as Stella. Jonathan wasn't sure exactly what to expect but it had been the spontaneous nature of it all that called to him. Curiosity still festered on the inside of him on what exactly she was, whom, she was that made her so drastically different than anyone else that night. What nature of hers that claimed her as such a predator that she could ever refer to him as a rabbit ready for the fangs of a serpent. That alone had been a reason to pay closer attention to the woman for anyone who could make such a bold statement was someone of a different brood. 

The sound of the waves on the beach had offered a calming atmosphere with the constant resonation of the waters crashing against itself in an obnoxious ferocity. Night was harsher at high moon because of the presence of its polarity pull. His eyes cast out towards the waters and the shores while he hid under a nearby pier which was covered in the one thing that he adored the most, the Shadows. It called to him and the very feel of his energy even when he was in a passive state always felt rejuvenated and at home when the silhouettes covered the area and even more so when the darkness itself was encroached around. It was like a home away from home in his own body. He bothered whether or not he should hide himself entirely in the shadows but that would give away too much information than he truly wanted to give. 

Jon stepped forward as he leaned against the pillar that kept up the overheard to the pier from falling back down to the earth as well as steady. "Now it's time to test just how much this woman enjoys taking a stroll into the den of danger." It was his den, a den that he prided himself on being much like a playground whether or not he was the danger or the one in actual danger it hardly ever mattered. He was always in the center of its control and never the one being controlled, it wasn't his style to be easily manipulated unless he had no other recourse. Unless, it was his Father. That was a different situation all together that would need to be dealt with as the time arrived. His hand pressed into his pocket as he checked his phone to make sure he sent the message to Mishima that he'd be out later than usual and to just head back to the 'Office' without him for the night. 

Then he slid the object back into his pocket and kept his eyes opened up until he spotted Stella within the distance his hands delved deep into his pockets while he let his indigo eyes glimmer in the moonlight. "Surprised you even showed. You must enjoy danger or truly believe yourself a serpent amongst a litter of bunnies."

• Like 1

Melbourne ☆ bartenderKay
20 year old Muggleborn Vampire ☆ her/she

I

t was not often that Stella took a patron up on their offer to meet up later.  Mostly because that could lead to some interesting drama and she had not really wanted to brand her workplace with drama.  A patron gets too grabby, too flirtatious.  Though what had happened the previous night had not been flirting, it was more like two predators circling one another deciding who was higher on the food chain.  It had bred curiosity.  He was not like most of the men she had encountered at the club.  Though why that was she couldn’t put a finger on it.  Rather than fight the curiosity she had decided to give in.  To follow this white rabbit down whatever rabbit hole he was leading her down.   

Stella did not think she would have trouble getting herself back out again.  Unlike Alice she came equipped some rather helpful skills.  She was not scared of him, not really.  She worried about what others would do if they knew the extent of the danger she brought to them. It had been a while since she had walked the beach, she had worked most of the past few months.  It kept her busy.  She missed the peace she found.  The way the water looked bathed in moonlight, it glittered in an ethereal way.  At least Stella had always thought so.  She often thought of the poem The Lady Of Shallott.   Or when the moon was overhead, came two you8ng lovers lately wed; I am half sick of shadows said the lady of Shallott She often thought she identified with her far more now than she had before.   

A Long drawn carol, mournful holy, she chanted loudly, chanted lowly, till her eyes were darkened wholly and her smooth face sharpened slowly.  A pale pale corpse she floated by, dead cold, between the houses high dead into towered Camelot.”  

For whatever the reason she felt haunted by the poem. She found herself reading things with a new perspective since her transformation, things had made a new impression on her.  Things like this poem which she felt a little differently than before.  She let out a small sigh as she walked through the sand.  She had taken her shoes off and they dangled in her hand as she walked.  She was not surprised to see him.  Though he seemed to think he may have scared her away.  There was not much that she was scared of aside from maybe herself.  And those who would want her dead.  The idea of her head on a spike was one she liked to shy away from.   

”Are you really so surprised?”  She asked him as he came into view.  That feeling in her stomach returned.  ”I think you may have been hoping I wouldn’t show up.”  She said with an accusing but teasing tone.  ”It would give you an excuse to not decide what it is about me that scares you a bit.” She was not sure if scare was the right word.  However she recognized the curiosity in him.  It was only because she had also reflected that curiosity.

• Like 1

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

Random rendezvous' weren't uncommon for Jonathan often finding himself meeting one person or another under the curdling hug of the moon. It had been something he preferred even though more eyes were willing to see things in the night time because of the scarce amount of bodies to hide behind it offered a different kind of protection and comfort for him than anything else. Something that his mother had often engraved into his very mind and heart that he should always keep to the shadows, walk carefully, step into its embrace as if it was a different entity entirely. Fae kind were special in that sense that their senses towards nature had been a major part of who they were making up nearly almost every aspect of not only their personalities but their inner beliefs and ideals about the order of the world and what effects holds in it. 

Choosing to meet Stella may have seemed more spur of the moment to others, which wasn't entirely inaccurate, but it was also a calculated risk. One didn't always sniff out every aspect of a person in the moment that they had encountered them. It took several interactions and more often than not the layers began to peel away with such ease the more someone seemed that they could find a comfortable source in the presence alone. The defenses lowered and the heart of the matter could always be struck broadly. He stepped out fully from the pier and let the embrace of moonlight pressed against him as his eyes closed gently enjoying its presence much more than he perhaps should have. It was a gift, a boon, much better than the sun in his opinion. 

His own shoes had been left on the last thing he needed to feel had been the grains against his feet, unlike a few of his kind that were half-breeds he had no care to be close to nature itself only pulled to the one aspect that would forever exist even if the oceans dried up and the fires quelled, shadow and light were always eternal in one way or another. It's why he could find comfort even in the city and the hustle and bustle of life. 

"More surprised at the confidence you continue to walk within." Why? He knew why he did and even as he walked closer towards the red haired woman the way his stance and walk formed showed he carried himself with enough certainty that he could handle whatever was tossed his way. The air of believing that he was a being of superiority in almost every room, area, or region. Something that he always had to exude, unfortunately. "Heh." Lips curled into an amused smile. "I lost hope of anything a while ago. No, I was banking on a high chance that you would but there was also that small chance you'd find it was too risky.

Jonathan snorted as he drew closer towards the woman almost circling her while his unique hues took a gander from head to toe examining more easily his suspicions that she held no pull for his energy. "Scare? None are in a position to inspire that kind of emotion in me." He stated without even a halt in consideration if that were true. It was a lie, of course, there was only one person - Man - that still held that sway over him and only barely. Only circumstantial. "But I had already long figured you out, I just needed to confirm my suspicions." His fingers fearlessly danced along her shoulders just by the tips of them. "She that walks the moonlight, darkness is thy friend. Eyes a glow and shadow forever retreated she wields that which most men of common sense fear, yet most men abase in their instincts of lust are drawn towards. The seduction she wields in dominating, controlling and commanding.

Fingers grazed barely at her neck only pinpointing two of them just at the base, typically, where a vampire would often bite to draw from their prey. "Kyuuketsuki." In his father's native tongue, it simply meant, Vampire. "Quite the interesting find. . . In the middle of a club. A Vampiress sitting pretty and making conversation. " He started to shift his position to stand right front of her at close proximity staring into her eyes. "No wonder you have such a high capacity of confidence. On top of the fact that you've been holding yourself back physically in the club. Most interesting."

• Like 1

Melbourne ☆ bartenderKay

He was surprised at her confidence… that was something she wondered was more his heritage than anything else.  Stella was demure to a degree but not enough to be fearful.  It was more a rouse than how she was.  True she had been withdrawn and more likely to be on the edges of the gathering than she was to be in the middle of it.  Stella had always liked to get a lay of the land over anything else.  ”I am beginning to wonder about you and your friend Mish…”  She said as she looked at him.  ”You both seem to be a little thrown by a woman who is not a timid flower.”  he considered the interaction of the night before and the surprise at her assurance in herself. 

”Risk is relative.”  And it truly was.  This situation was not risky to her but for others he could see the risk.   To meet a stranger at night.  As a woman especially meeting a stranger at night… She looked at the man and smiled.  She had taken a risk in meeting sure, but she didn’t think it would be one that ended with her head on a spike.  At least not tonight.  ’None?  There is nothing that scares you?”  Everyone was supposed to be scared of something.  Fear was healthy so long as you didn’t let it get to you.  It was how you stayed alive.  If she was a little more fearful she would have not gone down that alley.  

Maybe anyway.  It was possible she would have ended up a vampire regardless, or maybe she would have simply died.  At least then she would not have the horrible existence she was living now.  The only thing she wanted was to be able to sit on the beach in the sunlight. She tracked him with her eyes as he circled her.  His fingers danced across her shoulders and she nearly flinched, still not used to being touched so willingly.  She however controlled the impulse.  The fingers moved along to her neck where they stopped.  It seemed she had been figured out.  When someone knew what they were looking for, it as easy to find.  However, his heart did not race at the realization of what he was… so maybe he was not scared of her. 

So he was either very foolish- or encountered a vampire before.  She swallowed, feeling the way the fingers moved as she did.  Her hand wrapped around his wrist lightly his pulse thrummed under her fingers, but she didn’t pull away.  ”So you managed to figure me out so quickly.”  she said as she looked back up at him.  He was closer than anyone had come in a very long time and she didn’t want to step away.  She missed being close.  ”So maybe you can explain why I don’t scare you like I should?”  She said her finger tapping his pulse. 

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

"Oh, no, we know women that aren't timid flowers." The most dangerous kind of woman to know is  Yakuza one, someone who had so much to prove in a male oriented hierarchy. Where men were in such a deep wielding of power that they had to be tougher, more savage, more ruthless, heartless than any other person to make it through. No, those were the kind of women they knew how to deal with or more importantly avoid when necessary. They were as quick to cut an entire hand off as long as remove a man's third leg from them without even breaking a smile. "A woman who portrays her self as a bartender then managed to handle a fight with such finesse, however? Walks around looking much like a pretty face at the counter but is far from it." It had already been established what she was and the façade she offered must have meant it was some form of feeding grounds or she was trying to find social connections. Maybe even both if he truly wish to extend such a large width of consideration. 

He grunted but nodded in resignation. "This is a true statement, risk is rather relative. Too many factors and in most cases what many believe is a risk truly isn't it also works the other way rather easily." Just because she was the apex doesn't mean he should feel as if he were at risk. Man was weaker than the pure ferocity of a tiger yet they could easily be felled with a well placed logic and the tenacity it took to resist the onslaught and survive. His head shook while the expression on his face shifted to an impassive state showing no positive or negative emotion in its wake. Not even a hint of it within the beating of his blood proving the words rang at least true within his own mind and perspectives, in his beliefs. "No, why should there be? Fear can keep a person safe this is true. But fear is still, very much, a kind of weakness as much as it could be a strength. It is double edged, it only insures self-preservation not true survival." That had been his stance as he knew from experience it was self preservation of the fear that his father had struck so deeply in the past that stayed his hand. It gave him life and longevity than what could have happened but it stunted his ability to truly stand. To truly survive all he needed had been selfish desires and a collection of those he could consider 'his own', people and things separate from his father's control and hand. 

Jonathan felt her fingers wrap around his wrist and he halted with a curious look in his gaze while examining her. The thought wondering what her next action would be, would she break it? Draw it closer towards her? Intend to take a bit unable to control the urges? So many possibilities and yet he hadn't broken her down enough in his mind yet to truly levy which had the highest chance of occurring. Still, he needed to delve much deeper. The blood that pumped through his veins hadn't sped up out of nervousness nor did he reek of any form of fear, as perhaps he should have been. He allowed for the fingers that had been pressed against her skin to slide further to his palm feeling the presence of a cool neck. "I deal with many people and have many talents. You wouldn't be the first vampire I've dealt with under their own turf.

The fact remained he was more at a disadvantage than he had let on. Closeness only placed that disadvantaged height even higher. A small smirk formed on his lips amused at the scenario still. "Why should you? Because you're a vampire? A Hunter intended and designed to handle other beings? You've yet to try and force your will upon me, attempted to manipulate me in some fashion. Most usually attempt to do so they just didn't expect the treat I had for them." He often used garlic to lessen their abilities and weaken them, made them far easier to deal with. In this particular case he chose to leave such a trinket alone and at home. "Let's just say I have many talents that people are not aware can exist in a person. Very few can say they've encounter one such as me." Fairies were one thing but to actually see one who was closer to the heritage had become rarer in age, at least he expected as much. 

"On top of the fact, why would I fear that which is curious and enticed to unravel me? Something tells me it was curiosity that drew you here, curiosity that keeps your gaze from leaving my own."

• Like 1

Melbourne ☆ bartenderKay

She eyed him as though she had not believed him.  In the bar she was fairly sure Mish had been thrown by her willingness to stare him down.  She wouldn’t push the issue tonight, maybe she never would.  It was possible that she had caught him on a rough night and he had merely been worried that the petite bartender had somehow damaged his friend.  She wondered what sort of man had that sort of loyalty from someone else.  The eyes were always a giveaway if you knew to look for it.  His had an inhumane quality she had only seen in a few places. She looked him over.  ”I am a bartender.”  it was not a role she played, she was a bartender.  The role was pretending to be a human- when she was not.   

”One of the things I remember from my transition- was that someone told me that weakness is strength.”  She countered. ”Sometimes vulnerability is okay.”  She had been told it was a human thing, the truth was she had allowed herself to be vulnerable her with him.  His hand on her neck.  The loose hold she had on his wrist remained relaxed.  In a move that told how lonely she had been she moved her head, her lower lip brushed his hand for a moment as she leaned into the touch.  The simply enjoyment of it.  He could easily rip her head from her body, drive a stake through her heart.  However she allowed him this close.  She showed him a momentary weakness.   

Not the first, that meant he did travel in these circles, and was not some obsessed muggle.  ”Why would I want to manipulate you?” She had thought he was different.  The idea of manipulation made her uncomfortable.  ”I don’t see the point in it.”  she said honestly she had not been one to use those particular skills unless she needed to. She looked at him.  He had done a decent job of enticing her that was true, but she didn’t think it was just her who has been curious about things.  ”I am curious, as to why you aren’t scared, why you are so self-assured.”  She wanted to know what he was.  She let out a small breath.  

”I don’t think I am the only curious one.” She said looking up at him through her lashes.  ”I think you were just as curious about me.”  She pointed out before she looked him over.  ”What are you?  Humans would be scared, some wolves… What treat do you have?”  She asked him  She found him interesting.  

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

He didn't blame him for the way she looked at on at him, is disbelief, one could easily tell an altercation popped up for some reason involving the woman. Harder to explain the why or more along the lines that there were things about what he had to do that refrained from him revealing that kind of information. Humming resonated from his throat as he continued to stare down Stella until she had made the claim that she was a bartender. "Well, of course you are, but for how long?" His lips turned upwards as he continued on with a more scholarly approach. "What do you plan to do once the time winds around you and people begin to notice that you are the only constant in the change?" He wasn't trying to make her feel bad one way or another. Jon was more interested in how she'd respond and what her long term plan had been or if she would simply live in the moment and work her way depending on that. 

Jonathan's eyes blinked at her in confusion at the idea that she has propositioned. That being vulnerable could be a strength and not a weakness, not something he would have expected from someone that was a vampire. But he also wasn't sure how many centuries she had walked the Earth experiencing different things, people, encounters - maybe she was new and had taken to that in order to keep herself strong? "Weakness can be a strength in some worlds, some ways of life. Maybe even necessary to clamp tightly onto the idea of being humane or apart of humanity." It hadn't escaped his own thoughts that maybe he wasn't entirely linked to Humanity some day's, a Part human who seemed to be slipping from that aspect with each atrocity committed. "Other places it's more likely to get you killed than actually be a savior, something to be exploited." He wasn't unnecessarily violent, he let that kind of position fall to the true muscles and raging beasts within the Family. His hand formed more around her neck with the fingers perched at the back and the thumb casually stroking at the side in warm brushed motions. He could even feel the presence of her lip against his hand which caused his head to tilt slightly curious on how much interaction she had missed. "You must have been quickly isolated from people once your condition had been made known to others."

"You don't see the point because your mind has yet to be controlled fully by the darkness of temptation." That was something he could pick up from her answer. Most Vampires didn't worry about whether it benefitted them in any other way beyond having control and command. "The point is the power and knowing one can exert that power. A thrall, puppet even." The reason he had to be careful was because of the talents he held could be used in ways that would benefit most of the night kin."Many reasons I do not fear. First being that I don't know it. It isn't to be cocky. I just don't." Experiences shape a person and his situation was no different traumatic at first there was a need to discard certain emotions entirely and only certain ones in specific situations. 

His hand shifted from side to side in thought. "Perhaps I am curious. You're an. . . Enigma for one of your kind." Why settle in a bar? Why do the utmost to contain ones own abilities or control the sway that she could have? Why have such a reserved nature and consider oneself a Monster? He knew why he saw himself as well since it had been more true to what he'd do and not feel bad about it. "What am I. . . Quite the question. I am neither truly Human, not by their standards, nor am I a wolf." What should he say? How much had she encountered in life? "As you can feel by my warmth I am no Vampire. Of course, Something tells me you're more willing to explore that warmth I give regardless of what I may or may not be. My treat, however, you must figure out in due time. It's more fun that way, don't you think?"

• Like 1

Melbourne ☆ bartenderKay

”For as long as it suits me.”  It was as simple and as complicated as that.  She knew that staying here forever was not going to happen.  No matter how much she may want to stay forever.  There would be peopled who noticed that it was not just good genes that kept her from aging.  She could claim she was into voodoo.  Though that would only get you so far with non-believers.  ”I plan on moving on to someplace else.  I’ll stay as long as I can and then when it gets to the point I can no longer claim to be twenty something… I’ll move on.  It is not an unfamiliar life for me.  Moving.”  Her family did it often but only because her father was a con man… a snake oil salesman.  He had taught her how to live without roots, and given the only roots she had sprouted tied her to her best friend- the only connection she had to humanity at this point.  Stella would protect her, and then she would protect the family that came after.    

Stella shrugged.  She felt there some positive things to being vulnerable.  ”It allows for real connection.”  How could you truly trust, and love someone without those vulnerabilities.  Though, she also knew that many had fallen at the feet of true connections.  She supposed that was the point of connection.  To care about someone and their interests above your own.  She had not known what that felt like as a child.  Her parents were rather selfish.  Then when it came to what she was, they were quick to turn their backs on her and cast her out.  ”I was 17.”  She said answering the question and then pulling away. ”I was left for dead, and it did not take long for St. Ringos to realize what had bitten me.  I was in my last year of school.  There were too many eyes on me to hide.”  That was the truth… there had been no where to hide. 

She neglected the fact she had not been accepted by her family and had lived with mortals who were not afraid of her… but they did not embrace her either.  She had also not been very busy before that either.  She had not trusted a boy enough for intimacy, physical or otherwise.  Power had not interested her.  It never had honestly.  Stella had been more interested in being able to fight for the underdogs in life, now that meant for those like her.  Though she wondered how she would fare arguing in any court that had daylight hours.  There had to be a way around the daylight thing… long sleeves… floppy hats?  It was an issue she would have to deal with if and when it came up. 

”I would also you rather show up, or buy a drink… or leave a good tip because you wanted to- there is no pride in knowing I manipulated your generosity.” She felt it more important that someone want to do something, to want to spend time with her.  She felt it would feel empty knowing she had made someone do something.  But then she also did not want to rule the world.  She would settle for some small bit of meaning.  ”Is power important to you?”  she wondered buy the way he spoke about it.  He seemed to know what it meant to use someone as a puppet.  It seemed to come from a place of experience, so then maybe that was the pull?  Maybe the darkness in her found his darkness comforting.  You did not become a vampire without some darkness.  She still stood in front of him and she placed her hand on his chest, over his heart.  ”you have a pulse and your heart still beats I knew right away you were not like me.”    

Her fingers moved lightly as she could imagine the way the heard beat in his cavity.  It took some getting used to… not having the internal metronome to set a pace, she had felt so clumsy and lost in the those first few months.  She was not… regulated.

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

"A nomadic life style." It was often the choice many Vampires live for several centuries moving from place to place, changing identities and altering a bit of information about themselves when they end up in repeat places that may have such information. Eventually she'd probably get so old that she'd cease to care or maybe she'd be so connected that hiding wouldn't mean as much to her as it did now. The roads and choices were endless and yet he knew he wouldn't live long enough to see the true outcome and impact of her path  before it'd fully culminate into something. "That's an interesting choice but one that I had expected. Mostly because it makes sense. Are you prepared for the pain that will cause you?" It was a blunt question and one that he felt needed to be addressed sooner rather than later in a persons life. "You'll be going through the process of tearing your heart out over and over again, figuratively. Are you willing to endure that for the fleeting nature that comes with most other races?" Even he, due to his Human status, was fated to fade earlier in life. The body of Man mixed with Fae made the lifespan quicken towards death instead of being perpetually preserved. 

Something that he couldn't truly refute. What made the vulnerability of the emotions enticing had been the connection that could be wrought from them. Perhaps, even he too, had been compromised in that manner due to Mishima's influence and constant presence. His indigo gaze shifted away from the red-haired woman towards the waters in thought. Was that a strength or had the man who considered him a 'Best Friend' become a liability that he must guard? He wasn't used to liabilities and often they'd get cut short to limit the potential blast back against himself. Yet, he knew, that it was this that kept him from turning out too much like many of the others. 

"It worked more for your favor that way then. Instead of being left there to turn without the presence of people. You could ended up a feral predator that someone would have been forced to end." That was perhaps the sharpest way he could put such an unfortunate event. He held no ill will against Vampires no matter how much of a parasite in concept that they were. But some practices of the more detestable personalities ones made a lot of what he needed to do equally as difficult as anyone under his command causing trouble. Very few have the guts to stand in front of a vampire much like he was."You're still quite new to the fangs game then. " At least in comparison to most that had been running around in the area these days. 

Generosity, that was something he didn't think he held any of. Often he used the word and understood the term but it was always a false phrase and intention almost always an elusion towards a threat of sorts in his business. "Well, I can see that. Though I believe I did the manipulating of a drink. " A smirk pressed on his lips. But her next question caused him to raise both of his eyebrows upwards. "Is it important to me? In the sense that it's a  necessity, yes. But it comes in various forms." The way of the world worked with whom held the most power. Either in ideals, men, fronts that gathered up money, connections, or actual raw potential that was hard to contest without coming out mortally wounded. "Being someone who loans out various enmities to different people a certain amount of power by influence is needed. To prove that I have what I can move and that it isn't something to contest."  

Her hand pressed against his chest as he stood there and allowed for her to feel the presence of his heart constantly beating. She was quite physical, more than he would have expected. "I am not like many people, this is true." In so many ways. Jonathan's eyes lowered to her hand. "You enjoy the feeling of someone against you. I can only imagine what my hand had done last night after catching you."

• Like 1

Melbourne ☆ bartenderKay

”It was all I knew for a long time.  My family traveled quite a bit.”  She said, which was understatement.  They never stayed in the same place for more than a month.  When the money ran dry they had to move.  Or when someone figured out her father had run a con… they had to go.  It was a strange life, but it had felt so normal to her.  ”Life is suffering.”  She said, paraphrasing a noble truth. It seemed rather true.  ”It is a condition all creatures know in way or another.  What is a little suffering when you can love?”  She said with a small sigh.  ”I know that my friend will live a short life compared to me, I don’t want to give up the friendship because it will hurt later.”  Stella was young, not just a young vampire, but young for a human as well, the idea of someone dying was so far removed, and it would never be them… they were invincible. 

The cruelty of the world had forced a bit of maturity on her, but she still had that teenage rationality… not me.  Kelsey would be gone eventually but she was not about to abandon her because she didn’t want to get hurt, not after all Kelsey had done for her.  She nodded.  ”Either way there are those who wish to end me, at least this way, I am not so visible.  Working among the muggles is safer, they don’t think things like witches and vampires exist.”  She said as she looked at the man in front of her.  She watched him study the ocean.  She wanted to know what he was thinking.  ”yes, and still impulsive…”  she knew she was, she took the edge off with things but not everything helped… well very little helped actually, aside from blood… 

”I did my job.”  She said to the smirk.  ”There was no manipulation to get me to do that for you…”  He had also tipped nicely… if anyone had been guilty of manipulation it was her.  However she had not put on her flirty smile, or her charming wit to get a good tip.  She had simply been curious about the man who had so swiftly caught her.  The sensations that had gone through her at the touch.  It was strong, something she was not used to. The sensations were not human.  That was all she knew.  She would have to find the meaning of the eyes. 

”It is very odd, to live life without the internal metronome.”  she said as she looked up from him.  ”There is a hollow and empty feeling that makes you feel- off balance in the beginning.”  She said as she felt the steady beat. ”I miss the warmth of the sun, this is as close as I come.”  She said.  It was true that she was a physical person.  She always had been.  ”Does it bother you?”  She asked him.  Though given his proximity she was not sure he minded. 

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

"Suppose there is a small irony in the fact that you have to keep moving even now, never finding a true place to settle yourself." It was a sad irony but sad irony had been something that he could understand on an intimate level. "That is a truth many seem to attempt to escape everyday." Life had rarely been a loving mother and more of a Monarch trying to rain down all of its hate and disgruntled possibilities onto people. Some managed to escape much of the wrath while others were made to suffer in ways others would never consider themselves in. "You're quite the romantic, aren't you? Usually people are that kind of person when they desire the gentleness of it." It was a way he couldn't afford to be no matter how many fantasized ideas swirled around within his noggin. "Cherishing the moment? Admirable, not something most would expect from a person of the night." That's right, Person, he had no inkling to demean someone to the idea of being a 'Creature', less than human. 

He chuckled and then shifted his head at that notion of an idea. It was partially why many of his particular gang preferred to work with Muggles over wizards, easier to weave amongst them and keep them under watch and control. To pump their communities with whatever they needed, Wizards, were often much more cautious and those of other species even more so when it came to humans. Regardless of if they were potentially looking for the illegal trades or not. "Many would want to end a Vampire firmly under the pretense that they wouldn't want to be ended themselves. Others, revenge or just pure hate. That will always be an issue as time goes on just like crime itself. As much as people want to believe 'Oh not my home', it is very much, most likely around their home in such a force that they couldn't even fathom it." An eyebrow perked up as she admitted she was impulsive which hadn't escaped his notice due to certain instances. 

"Serving the drinks, surely, making it on the house? That was something entirely different." Jonathan had tipped her for many reasons, the talk was something different than what had been planned that night. He could keep an eye on Mishima and not really worry too much on if he were going to be just sitting there playing handmaiden to a drunkard. She'd also been gracious enough to follow along with his demand for a new drink after his own had clattered to the floor. "But if there's no manipulation I suppose I should expect that every patron you bump into that drops their drink gets a replacement? Or only those ballsy enough to ask for it as if they own the place?" He grinned towards Stella.

Something that he'd never understand unless he became like her, though that wasn't in his list of things to do in life. He rather enjoyed what and who he was given the gentle touch of what he could do that was its own enjoyment. "The warmth of people supplements, does it? Explains why you prefer a job in such a social setting aside from the other benefits." Snacks, keeping sane. He snorted at her and for a moment he stared at her considering his next option and then the hint of an idea struck through his mind as a way to dance with the danger itself. An arm extended out to wrap around the woman's waist to pulled her firmly against himself while he allowed his eyes to stare into hers. His expression hadn't changed from a smirk and his heartrate still didn't seem to pulse in nervousness. Almost as if  every action was an intention that didn't deserve the intervention of such an emotion, "Depends, does this bother you?"

Melbourne ☆ bartenderKay

”Nomads are Nomads.”  She said with a shrug.  ”I find that nomads often know the value of things, they know what to take with them and what to leave”   It was something she had learned, she had been able to choose those things and then by extension, those people who mattered the most to her.  It was not as though she went through life cutthroat, but she didn’t keep the things that would weigh her down.  ”Romantic?  Yes.”  She said.  ”It is not gentle to have your heart broken.”  She pointed out.   It was actually one of the worst things.  Her heart had not been broken by a man, but by her family.  They had turned their backs on her so quickly. ”Love may seem romantic but it is not for the faint of heart.”  That was true be it romantic love, or otherwise.  It was painful to love someone… it was painful to give so much of yourself to a relationship only to have it crumble before your eyes. 

The truth was, she was a very disliked species.  That she didn’t blame anyone for, she drank blood, she moved quickly, she was driven by her basic instincts to be a predator… that was something that not too many people would want to be faced with.  She wouldn’t have chosen this for herself.  the trouble with being on the road so much was that there was a romantic nature to it, her father fancied himself some kind of knight…  in rusted armor.  They had busted steed and she was hardly a princess, but the romantic view of the world came with the territory. ”Sometimes the world looks great with rose colored glasses.”  She said with a smile. ”The key is to take them off.”  She said.  The world was Harsh, but there were things in it that were not so harsh.  ”have you let yourself think about the world with softness?”  She asked him. ”I don’t see you as the warm fuzzy sort.” 

She figured, based on the company he kept the air he walked with, that he had more nefarious things in his life.  ”Oh well, I do have a certain number of drinks I am allowed to comp… don’t tell anyone… my boss likes the clientele to feel good about things… I cant just comp a bottle of champagne- but my boss is from Las Vegas… he was some kind of bigwig… he runs the place with that mentality.  I just felt you would be the right patron to use this on.”  She said with a smile.  It was not like she went crazy with it, she even comped Bryce a beer or two…  ”I find I respond well to those who make themselves well known.”  She said with a shrug. 

The next movement surprised her as she felt the hand at her lower back and she was pressed against him.  She closed her eyes for a moment.  It was an embrace.  Her hand on his chest remained between their bodies and she looked up at him once again.  ”No.”  She said honestly.  She imagined they must look crazy standing on the beach like this hugging, or maybe they looked like lovers sharing a moonlit walk on the beach.  Either way, she didn’t actually care what others might think.  ”Do you often go around holding the vampires you meet?”  She asked him with a playful smirk. Though he was full of surprises- she wouldn’t have been surprised. 

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

"That is certainly one way to see that side of the spectrum." There had been two different kind of extremes versus Nomads and those that would be more in step with society and how engrained to their materialistic possessions and other more cemented roots in their lifestyles. The irony being that those very connections could easily be used to get the most out of those kind of people by exploiting those things. "I suppose it's a matter of what the value truly means. In one society sentimental is something that can be afforded and thus things aren't left behind so that people don't lose portions of themselves. On the other side, however, it's more along the lines the necessities of survival. Not bad on its own and yet a few lose the connection's they once held towards some of their past roots." It's often why many cultures placed a heavy focus on keeping things through the ages in order to supplement how important an artifact could be. "Very few things in the world are actually for the feint of heart. There are just moments where people can close their eyes and ignore it."

"Some people are born and could afford it but others are never given that opportunity or have them stripped away. Many believe that they're invincible, untouchable. There are many in the world who make it their literal job to expose those faults." People like himself, those that often thought they couldn't ever be harmed it had often been his directive to show them that no one is beyond reach if one is diligent and sly enough. If a person had been ambitious enough to handle such a misinformed mindset. "I do not see the world in any form of softness. There is a subtle lie in how that is offered, not preparing people for how harsh everything truly is. Though there are extremes even in the world of hard souled people."

An eyebrow arched upwards in consideration of how her boss had ran his establishment. There was something interesting about that kind of concept and he wondered in the moment if it was something that actually worked. Of course, the club seemed to be filled up that night. "I am curious on if he actually will manage to continue up such a momentum or end up in a thick rut. Though if those rumors of his underground connections are true then it makes sense in many ways." Such as why he and Mishima were even in the club at all. Not that he knew of it but he made sure to keep his right hand deeply engrained in the illegal works, handling some of the more bone-headed situations that he was beyond. "And I made myself known? I just thought I was trying to save you."

Even with the surprise the woman didn't seem to be off kilter by the actions he made. Not that he expected as much but the fact she never pulled away gave him much more information than one would have ever considered. "Only the ones that seemed to be unable to not stare or keep their hands off of me." His head tilted a bit to stare at the woman with a brief smirk that danced upon his face. "You're touched with a sense of desire. . . Perhaps more at the mystery."

Melbourne ☆ bartenderKay

”If I am such a romantic, you are the very antithesis of a romantic.”  She wondered if that meant they would be at odds forever.  Well, for his lifetime.  If he stuck around past this evening.  Stella had come to accept most of the people in her life as transient.  Even by mortal standards.  She looked at the man in front of her and she wondered if he had been hurt by someone or if this was from years of being hardened by others.  She had met both on the other side of her bar, though the ones with the sob stories tended to stay around a little longer.  Like her they wanted some kind of human interaction, something to validate how they felt.  That was something she had not been sure she would find among the vampires or the mortals.  It was a very strange place to be.  

”Life I suppose is not made for the feint of heart.”  Neither was death.  It was messy, and painful and often times you were left with this empty feeling in your belly.  She had come to know the empty feeling well.  It was a bone deep sensation that you never really got over.  It lingered in your mind, and if you let it win, it was easy to turn into a hardened version of yourself.  She had not had that luck- she felt this would have been a better fate if Stella had allowed her heart to harden.  Maybe this would be less of a painful transition.  She wouldn’t have cared that her family and most of her friends had abandoned her. 

Looking at him she frowned a bit.  ”you should at least indulge in something softer.”  She said.  ”Everything does not need to be so harsh all of the time.  It is about knowing when.”  Letting out a small breath as she thought about it.  ”Or you just have to trust someone to show you.”  She said… whoever he trusted.  ”Though I think you would need someone who were not as sharp around the edges as your friend Mish, or yourself.”  She made a show of placing her hand on his shoulder and then pulling back and shaking it as though she had cut herself. Stella didn’t know what his life was like, if he had someone to provide something gentler for him to rest in.  

She nodded.  ”Only time will tell, I am hoping that it is at least successful enough to keep me employed and my part of the rent paid.”  She said with a slight smile.  She was relatively okay when it came to money and honestly her friend’s family had only taken portions of their rent and paid the rest.  Neither of them made a lot of money.  ”Now, that is a very romantic idea, where you knight in shining armor or perhaps the antihero black knight?’  She asked him as she looked at him. He was a strange occurrence in an already strange existence.  it was not everyday someone saved you. 

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

Softened chuckle escapes from him at her hypothesis. "Yes, I guess it does at that. Often the opposites of such extremes are at a clutched battle. Yet, those opposites are often what bring balance to the world around them." His head tilted slightly examining the woman. Yin and Yang, they held their whole being but a dot of each other inside of them to emphasize the need of the balance. Somewhere, within the thick of the chaos, there had been a small presence of romanticism inside of him. Even if it were never to show vocally or visually it'd be there. Much like himself and his Best Friend, while Mishima was brash and rage-filled easily there was a calm about him in some situations and vice versa. Jon held no temper or rage outwardly but once that bottle had been uncorked it could be ravishingly worse. "Not always a bad thing to have someone with opposing views around. It allows for a greater clarity, many are afraid to have people against those ideals and views because they believe they must surround themselves with like-minded people at all times. But one remains ignorant if they have no one who collides with them, at least, constructively collides. Adversity brings change and change brings character building." It was adversity that changed him, adversity that stripped innocence, the change that made him who he was today. Whether that was bad or good was more of a perceptive than a fact or fiction approach. 

"Of course not. There are countless evils, much greater, than a Vampire for example. People are focused on the nature that you are because they believe that it is bad. Though that isn't the chaos. Who you are isn't solely defined by the instincts you have, doesn't make you less." He breathed in briefly in thought while his eyes averted towards the night skin with a growing smile. The night air offered such a refreshing countenance for him and the crispness of it being traced with the fragrance of the waters. "The unfortunate incidents of the world will be dealt with regardless and the evils of the world, the true ones, will always rule and make their way far beyond what people consider. Those that make sure that they take control and keep others down, those that enjoy the destruction of others and take glee from it within their minds and hearts." People like his father, Homura. There had been happiness in the elder Azai's heart when he stripped Jon of every innocent view of the world, ripped the blinders away without ease. 

"Oh? Something softer? Like you?" A smirk donned on his lips as his hand seemed to make their away around her lower back in curiosity. She had the image of being petite but there had definitely been this form of definition about the woman's body. "Those like me would only show and make me understand there is always harshness, So you're right on that." In there world trust was a commodity easily abused and hardly won. Those that did made sure not to take it for granted or hold a fear of their limbs and life for time to come. "Trust, is a weapon as much as it is a boon. I do not trust many, Mishima is a rare exception because of his undying loyalty towards me. Others tend to be questionable, yes, I know what you'll probably say - 'One cannot live a life without trusting more people'. But that just isn't the kind of business practice that Insurance allows for me to partake in so much." Yes, Insurance. . . He was still going through that cover even knowing that the Vampire could break through his mind to find that truth if she had wanted to do so. But something told him she wouldn't unless she felt her own life was on the line. 

"Part of your rent? Here I thought you had some form of sugar daddy willing to throw cash at you." A hum resonated in his throat as he made a jest. Then a legitimate low laughter pressed out of him from her words. "I'm always the Antihero Black Knight, because what I hold is hardly qualified to be a proper Damsel in Distress. Too much of a fighter, no, you're more of a Warrior Princess. Hiding amongst the robes there is a suit of armor and a collection of weapons under them."

Melbourne ☆ bartenderKay

Balance was something that Stella had always found important, part of the issues she had with her family and how they made their living was that they didn’t have that balance, it was a mess in their home, in their household.  It had bothered her that she had not been in balance there.  She felt more balanced at school… then she lost the balance.  She had not quite found it again.  Not yet anyway.  She was hoping that in some way, she could eventually find balance in the mess she had been dropped into.  Letting out a small laugh she nodded.  ”Balance is important in the universe, not just on the grand scale but the smaller internal ones as well.”  It ws something she had noticed over time.   That balance was not just cosmic but it occurred on the cellular level- but Stella was not in balance, she was the sort of thing that drove the universe out of balance. 

However, she existed, so there had to be some balance to be had.  She shrugged at the idea there were worse evils than her.  She was not sure if she believed it, or if she had seen herself as the true evil because of what she was.  Stella had never met someone like her before.  She had studied about them in school, but she had not actually spent time with one.  She didn’t know what it really was like to be a vampire… the concept had been something she at least understood.  ”So if they exist then, there should be others who balance them out...”  To understand balance, you had to acknowledge both sides of the spectrum… Meaning there had to be good to balance out what she was.   

”Me?  I am not sure that I am soft any longer.”  She said with a sigh.  Though she was never that soft to begin with. Not when you traveled in the circles they traveled in.  ”You have no idea what I was going to say.”  She said with a small smile.  ”I think you and I both know what happens when you trust the wrong person.”  The wrong person would get you killed.  ”Love all, trust few, do wrong to none…”  She repeated a popular phrase from the bard himself.  Stella had always loved Othello and As You Like it, she had been lucky enough to see Hamlet when she had snuck into the playhouse in Sydney.   ”Do you trust me?”  she questioned him as she looked at him… ”To allow me so near to you knowing what I am?”  

She made a loud pfft sound when he mentioned a sugar daddy.  ”Hardly, no one has volunteered for the role.”[b/]  It was not as though she had met any possible sugar daddy in all honesty, she wouldn’t know where to look. Though she did not really think that she would prosper in that relationship.  Money was something people could use to control others and though the idea seamed nice- she didn’t think it would be for her.  ”A proper damsel, I don’t think anyone would want to be that… it is much easier to save yourself instead of wait on some prince to stumble over and kiss you.” 

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

"This, I agree. Everything exists to offer a proper mirror." For people such as Auror's to exist those that are like himself needed to exist. A Necessary evil that produced readied and able fighters to defend against those that would harm and take advantage of the society they desired to protect. Vampires, were and odd entity, but even they have a balance to them with all the weakness they offer and the type of prey they are forced to choose, that prey holds the same intelligence and wickedness with tools that effect the weakness. Both of them, hold the others weakness in a sense. "The universe works and demands that there is that kind of balancing act, somethings exist because the opposite also exists. Without those parallel's society would be much different perhaps much more lost and less advanced than they are now. The polarity offers adversity." This was his belief, after all the books he had engorged himself on to find a purpose in what he had to do, this ideal alone was what allowed him to carry on even with the costs. 

Jonathan nodded towards her personal statement. "Exactly. Existence, as much as people wish to believe it's sudden and random it's much more systematic and precise. The reason why certain types of people exist is because there needs to be an environmental hazard that follows suit. Vampires and Werewolves, by nature, these creatures aren't truly unnatural by any standards. They're necessary because Human population demands a culling of the numbers. It keeps them fed and also keeps the numbers down, in most cases. If one creature becomes too over-populated the world will be tossed into decay." He nodded gently and then crossed his arms afterwards. "It's why inherent weaknesses inly within Vampire's and Werewolves, if ever a time comes that they needed to be reduced there is a way to fight such Apex predators. Much like man discovering the force of a gun against animals. The mind that creates offers up a new path to designing a weakness." Perhaps he was much more philosophical than he expected but he could blame the Elder's for such a mess.

A hum resonated within him as he held her against himself. "Mmm. . . You feel plenty of soft to me." He had been examining her form not with his hands or eyes but rather with his own body. It was easy to tell someone's composition in such a manner. "Oh? Is that so?" He remarked as she seemed to find a correction in his estimation of her. While listening he gave a surprised chuckle. "The wrong person, in many cases, is extremely subjective." Perhaps that was her point, one didn't know the true depth of a person so easily unless such a thing had been revealed. His eyebrow arched intrigued by the question she had offered though it was no surprise that it was bound to end up there with the talk of trust. "I trust that you know how to manage yourself well. Even with this sense of a tease holding you so closely. " His head tilted slightly."But I could ask you the same question, even knowing what you are. You hold no knowledge of what I am yet you willing allow your body to be pressed against my own so intimately. " He was much like any other person, easily wounded. But he had to chalk it up to his confidence in this particular scenario. 

"Would not take you for the type anyways. You're too feisty, they enjoy their ivory meals to be much more docile. Less bitey." A soft laughter pressed from him. "Yet, here you are, on the beach with the Antihero Black Knight. I don't think you'll stumble over a White Knighted prince anytime soon."

Melbourne ☆ bartenderKay

While Stella was intelligent, it was fairly obvious that the man in front of her was very intelligent.  The way he spoke, as though his words were elaborate tapestries of the wisdom he carried in his brain.  She would live centuries… but she did not think she would ever find wisdom like this. She let out a small sigh as she listened.  It was the sort of language you could get lost in.  Not just in how it was strung together, but in the way he spoke.  Sometimes when he talked Stella could feel herself not understanding.  She had found she felt marginalized because of her new status, but this marginalization had also bled into other parts of her life.  She wanted to make herself small. 

Because of this small feeling she had developed she had also found she felt unworthy of some basic things.  For one she did not think she would be worthy to stand here like this.  Though the possibility was this man wanted a thrill, he wanted to say he had been this close to a vampire.  Or perhaps he was angling for more than just feeling her softness.  That idea seemed to ignite something inside of her.  Stella had been a good girl, her mother had been rather insistent that she remain chaste… and she had, so he would have been a bit disappointed in her lack of skill… her lack of experience.  It was also not something you simply shared with someone.  

”you know what I am, but I have sensed no deception in your pulse, in your body language.  I don’t have that gut feeling that comes with knowing danger.”  She then looked up at him.  ”And you interest me.  You are not scared of me, you speak like a man with great wealth and power.  You have ventured out past the boarders of Australia.”  she said as she looked at him.  ”Or maybe I am so starved for affection I have simply followed the rabbit into the den of a mongoose.”  

She had to admit they were not the pair of people most would root for.  She was a vampire, she fed on humans and he was something she had not put her finger on, but she felt as though he was involved in shady things.  ”I suppose it is only fitting that we meet on the beach like this.  In the cover of night.”  she was not sure if that answered his question but she felt like it must have.  She sighed as she looked at the man in front of her.  ”I don’t have much use for them anyway… I don’t think a man would like to be with a woman who was stronger than they are.”  she said with a smile. 

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

Meaning, it was a word defined when one sought it out for understanding while given the idea to have a purpose it also had been to give a broader and grander concept that purpose existed in everything. Because of this desire, perhaps bordering obsession, for a need to find a purpose on why he had been pressed in the lifestyle that he now lived the only thing that could ever make sense of the horrors, could only ever give a partial reason for the things stuck in his mind and that he had to do. . . Was simple. The meaning was a need for balance in all that existed in nature and social nature. Thing simply were because they had to be, not that the balance couldn't shift momentarily but there would always be something to press into that space. A gang loses its boss? Either someone takes over a sthe new boss or a new gang moves in entirely. That was a balance based on interaction and ambition. 

What did he want? It wasn't so much as a thrill, but he wouldn't say this didn't have a form of rush in its own manner. He dealt with dangerous elements every day and there had been a moment where one picked up in second nature when the adrenaline rush needed to kick in and when being as calm as a low tide water could be. In this moment he know while she was a threat he was in no threat. True thrill of this moment came in the form of curiosity on the type of person she was and not so much what pressed out from her teeth. This softness was just another means of curiosity, the contact - to say that a Vampire would be in such a need perhaps even considered a desire for a mortal no less was unique in itself. A finger traced along her back simply the tip out of seeing what the rest of her reaction would be. 

"It will come in time. But you're right, there is no deception - no hint of an ulterior motive. " Not that he would be one to show such a hand so easily, being able to sense his blood flow put her at a disadvantage as a natural lie detector. Especially in a person like him that rarely would feel the pressure of being so honed in on that it'd create a false positive response due to fear or adrenaline. "You're of interest to me as well, though I feel knowing fear isn't important for someone such as myself. If I did that I'd have to be afraid of dealing with some of the most intimidating people in my line of work." His head shook lightly in consideration allowing for his fingers to line along the upper portion of her back. "But knowing what you're capable of makes me aware to not fool myself that you are a person to toy with. You're no such a person. As far as power and wealth well. . . Yes, a bit of both." He knew how to make money and he found it more often than what he knew how to do with it once he sent the proper cuts to his father. "And how much affection are you willing to risk for this starvation? Because the whole can delve so much deeper.

If anyone had bene rooting for them it'd have escaped his notice in truth. Very few would consider a connected match up between what they'd known as a villian from a monster genre movie as well as a criminal form some old school gangster movie turned comedy. "Other than the fact it's the only times of the day we can meet?" He offered a teased smirk. "Though there would be manner places you could have met me, I am curious on why the choice of the beach." A shrug formed gently from him. "A strong woman is nothing to be ashamed of, they're a marvel, whether physiclaly or mentally stronger. It's a testament to what they've achieved and should be respected as such. Even if it meant of supernatural strength, you survived."

Melbourne ☆ bartenderKay

Stella was keenly aware of the way his hands moved along her back… Stella was always keenly aware of the way someone touched her.  The incidental brushes had been nice, the way Kelsey would embrace her… and now the way he moved his hands, as though means of distraction.  It was working, though she was not as focused on him as she was his hands she had to pull herself from the feelings.  Feelings were something that could easily lead to her putting herself in danger.  Though she had not sensed that he was being deceptive, she still found herself listening to the sound of his pulse.  She could easily get lost in sensing the way the blood flowed through someone.  Though for now, she could sense he was calm… even with her pressed so close.  It was strange to not be considered a friend…. Even Kelsey got nervous around her from time to time.  

”So you do not fear anything?”  She asked him, that too was a very interesting concept.  Stella did not have much to fear, the sun maybe- starvation if she was not able to get out… but she was a predator, she was an apex predator… Or rather she should have been but Stella was not one to hunt man.  She was happier with the bags of blood in the fridge… not to mention she was not looking to bring attention to herself, something that she had not done so well with this man… but she liked this attention.  He did not seem to want to destroy her.  That at least mitigated her only true fear… to end up on the wrong side of a wooden stake. 

Though she supposed it would help with the desire to be either dead, or alive.  She looked at him and narrowed her eyes.  ”I don’t know yet… but I will know it when I get there.”  Stella had not been sure what her boundaries were now, she had changed a great deal in three years and things she had not thought she would do, she was doing.  She had thought she would be completely different and here she was… she looked at him and smiled.  ”I have not explored many things about my abilities...”  Mortal or otherwise.   

”You could have come to my home, but I did not wish to make you feel as though you were being lured to your death if you figured me out.”  She said at the idea of meeting at midnight.  She then looked at the ocean for a moment.  ”Many reasons, I miss the beach, the way the sun warms your skin, the smell of the suntan lotion and the salty air… As a child when my family stayed in the beach towns I was always happier… I don’t know what it is about the ocean but I find great comfort in it’s vastness.”  She said turning once more to look at him.  ”That is a very romantic way to put something.”  She teased him.  She liked the way it sounded.  ”Is that how you see me?  As a survivor?” 

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

Touches, they were often the one thing that could distract a person much more than one could imagine depending on the personality and experiences. One who yearned for touch after being stripped of it, unwillingly, seemed to respond to such a teasing grazing in a manner that made them desire it further to stay within its reach of the caressing presence. That seemed to be the very case with Stella, he could almost see that need within her response. Being calm even in the most arduously dangerous of situations had been a forte of his and something that could be attributed to the life he had lived in and the things that constantly went around. There was also the keen factor that his Mother was enough hyper and constantly beating pulse enough for everyone in the world, for a Shadow aligned Fae anyways. 

"No, not a thing." Jonathan had stated plainly without even a hesitation in his words. Hesitation often meant a mistake or death and in this particular scenario it could tow the line between truth and falsehood. There had been fear but it was buried so deep inside that it became a non-factor in comparison to what he prioritized in the moments. This particular moment was for him to peel and unravel what kind of person, this Vampiric woman had intended to be and what she sought in the larger scheme of the world. "While fear keep many alive that isn't what makes the world spin and it isn't the way that keeps the more ferocious entities from coming back. Only facing ahead that which many fear, that which intends to destroy and coming out of the odds victorious. To that end, I wouldn't call myself courageous either. To be courageous one needs to understand the fear and cast it aside. I am more foolhardy than anything and I pay it more heed because it is often a much more beneficial choice and outcome." To even label himself as 'Courage' put too much of a positive spin on such base desires. Base desires that still had his hand curling up from Stella's back and towards her waist than travelling back again and moving upwards along the shoulder blade. 

"Starting out, one never truly explore the full extent of their capabilities. Many reasons along with ignorance is the uncertainty of how strong or destructive those gifts could be." It didn't matter what kind of species a person had been, in the Magical world if they held some form of power it was something that, when first starting out, was something barely ever explored. It took some time and in many cases people pushing to make sure that the ward in question could actually manage such gifts and not fall under the weight of what they offered. That they didn't destroy themselves or their minds. "Perhaps it is time for you to start exploring them then? You do not wish to suddenly be surprised or even put in a position where you accidentally use a gift and suddenly make yourself a target of someone." An eyebrow quirked upwards as he considered his next works before opening his mouth. "It would be quite the sad day where you wouldn't be so into having my hands all over you." Slightly a smirk appeared on his face. 

His eyes narrowed for a moment as that same smirk turned into more of a amusement one. "How courteous of you." Indigo eyes trained back on the red head. "But I assure I know when I am being set up for a death walk. " She wasn't in the mindset to what that death, maybe if she were in a bloodlust but even then that was a persons senses being overridden not a true scope of their thoughts and desires. "The ocean does offer a sense of calm some days, other days it reminds you that it has a ferocity towards it that makes other elements of nature pale in comparison." To claim you gave life and took it away. "Is it romantic? Not something I would truly know in terms of how I had been considering it." A brief sigh exhausted from him at her question. "You are alive, right? I don't mean in the clinical sense. Clinically, you're dead, but you have a quality of life however much that has changed. You survived an attack meant to leave you for dead and managed to even carve yourself a life through it. Yes, that's surviving, and you are a survivor."

Melbourne ☆ bartenderKay

Dark brown eyes narrowed as he confirmed there was nothing he feared.  ”I don’t believe you.”  She said honestly.  There was always something.  She had seen it many times, but she wondered why he didn’t seem to want to admit it.  ”Fear is necessary- unless you are telling me you are a socio path and you feel nothing.”  Which would seemed likely given the way Stella’s life seemed to be going.  She looked at the man in front of her and wondered what went on in his mind.  He seemed to know a lot about this sort of thing for someone who had no fear.  Letting out a small sigh she wondered if this was the part where she pushed him away, out of fear that while he said he had no ulterior motives, she rarely took people at their word anymore.  She had been promised unconditional love from her parents but they had not stuck by her.  She was supposed to be loved by someone and she was loved by no one.  That was one of the hardest things to accept. 

”I suppose most like me have the one who turned them to turn to when they need guidance.  The one who turned me attacked me and left me for dead.  I have not heard from them, I have never sensed them… they abandoned me.”  Like her parents.  This was how one developed a complex about these things. ”I have not been around too many others like me honestly”  she had not wanted to give up her humanity in any capacity.  Though she supposed she had not hung onto it very well give the life she led, how she hid in the darkness and shadows now.  She let out a small sigh.  She should push him away and run.  Leave before he could hurt her.  Leave before she set herself up to get hurt.  The man felt no fear… Should that scare her?  She bit her lip for a moment. 

”I wouldn’t know how to go about exploring…”  Which was the truth.  She didn’t have someone to show her and she didn’t want to draw attention to herself- more importantly she didn’t want to hurt someone with her abilities.  Stella was worried about more things than she felt at ease with.  Including this man.  Who she was pressed against and she had yet to make a move to leave his grasp. ”As though you are complaining about your hands on my body.”  She said as she looked at him for a moment before she took a moment to focus on the way his hands felt on her.  ”Though you have been a gentleman about it.”  She pointed out.  His hands could have wandered to some not so innocent places. 

She looked at him.  ”I hope that is true…”  She never wished for things to happen to others and though he was only little more than a stranger she didn’t want to see harm come to him.  She listened to him explain why she was a survivor and she was not so sure that he was right but… she was not going to debate that with him.  At least not now.  Letting out a small sigh she watched him for a moment.  Studying his facial features and committing them to memory.   ”What are you if I am a survivor?” 

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

"That's a line I often hear in my day of work." A light grunt formed from him though he wasn't offended by it, those were the risks of the job and interaction with people. But she was also right on that guess, no person is truly unafraid unless they lack the mental capacity to even conceived of feelings of such a magnitude. Being so untouched by the emotional psyche that made a person think and consider the various feelings. Revealing the fear, however, was a weakness and one that he had intended to overcome eventually by force and planning. "Whether or not it's necessary is more subjective. I find no need for it due to reasons, it offers much more complications for me personally. How others derive to find it as a survival instinct is of their own accord that I will not judge. It is simply how they are and it has helped them." Much like the woman before him, she survived and beat people to the punch for her life by being fearful. For him, being afraid meant another person could use that fear against him to keep him more in check. He at least showed he held no conventional fear, to say the least, anyways. 

"Typically, yes. Most tend to take their fledglings or child's however you want to define their taste in slang and formalities." From one Vampire to the next it often changed, mostly, those that had watched way too many monster movies or delved into Vampiric dystopia's that things began to meld into their belief and ideas on how a Vampire should operate and uphold themselves. "It seems you know the scars of abandonment in many ways then, but, you came out the better for it no doubt. Even if your sire did leave you behind at least you're not a thrall sent to commit butchery for him. That, was a favor done for you in the eyes of fate." Sometimes, things happened that while bad and traumatic were much better for ones situation in the future. Something you never see until much later down the line and realize how much of a good thing that it did happen the way it did, if it had to happen anyways. "Is that what you desire? To find more of your kind? Mm... I suppose I understand that kind of idea, one is often left confused without guidance from those who know." Unless you find someone who doesn't know as much as you don't know then things drag back to square one. At least with Vampire's that was a less likely scenario. 

"Do we ever? In most cases we're lift in the dark unless there is a manual or tutor. Those without simply learn by bumbling about, accidents. But there are sure to be some texts, documents, that could have a bit of information on it for you. Many Vampires have chosen a life of civility and culture, many don't actually follow the precept of instinct to be solely a predator without sense or concern." It was a small 'Many' but enough of a handful that could offer a proper understanding for the Young vampiress. "Mm. I would be foolish to complain about such a shame and form within my grasp. People are interesting, beings to be admired." She was a bombshell but that had never been a factor to him in attraction, everyone just held such a. . . Unique shape to them that warranted a gentle touch. "You've given no indication that you wanted my hands to do anything other than offer a caress. " Head tilted as he studied her expression and reaction. "Would you prefer they were going towards less gentlemanly areas?

He tried not to be like many of the pigs he had worked with, Yakuza men, they could be the worse with the idea of taking what they wanted because they simply 'Could' in their mind. That had never been his style and those that worked under him he never allowed, those that stepped that line had much more lost afterwards. 

A snicker expelled from Jonathan's lips and a smirk twitched at the corner of his mouth. "What am I. . . That I have yet to give a true definition. I am many things and yet not one thing can truly define the struggles or the platform that I stand upon, I guess."

Melbourne ☆ bartenderKay

It was not something she liked to think about.  Someone with no fear.  She wondered if this was a sign to leave.  Or if he would eventually do what they all have done in the past.  It worried her in many ways.  It was likely why she had not been this close to someone before.  Her secret was not a secret really- she was registered, she just kept her secret among the muggles and those who had not been in her circle of friends at school… though most had known she was the Tally student that had been attacked at the market… She wondered how werewolves felt when they were attacked.. would it have been an interesting topic of conversation since they tended to be attacked and left a well.  How did one get along and learn the rules without someone to guide them… 

”I am not particularly interested in meeting my sire.  They clearly didn’t expect me to live… I doubt they know I did survive.”  It was a strange thing.  Stella felt no pulls to something anymore.  She had not felt the pull to be with her family, or sire… or whoever she was expected to feel that pull towards.  She knew her parents were out there but the tether to them had been cut as if by the fates.  ”Maybe one would be nice… someone who knows what I am going through, how this whole process feels…”  She said as she looked at him.  She had wanted to be able to at least talk about the urges she had never had before.  The desire to sink her teeth into someone’s flesh… It was not a good feeling for Stella.  She had never wanted to harm someone before all of this. 

He seemed too sophisticated for her.  She came from a family of cons.  They moved around when they were run out of town.  She had studied at school, but she did not have the same world quality to her.  She was young, in more ways than one.  ”There are rules to what I am and I don’t know them… not all of them really.  I know the rules that have been put on me by the Ministry…”  They were similar but she did not have the full grasp of her species just yet.  She supposed she had plenty of time to figure it out.  ”It is not as though there is any central reliable information for new vampires to check out and study… like the way muggles are given a handbook to learn how to drive.”  she shrugged.  It was what it was she supposed. 

She looked down.  The question made her blush.  ”I don’t know.”  She said softly.  It was a strange thing, to feel this particular desire so strongly.  Though she worried what it would mean.  He could take his pleasure and never be seen or heard from again.  ”Can anyone be defined as one thing?  I want to know what you would label yourself.  You dodge my questions- I have answered yours.”  She said.  It was not often she was so demanding of someone but she wanted to know.  ”You have me figured out, and it makes me feel exposed.”   

Narragyambie ✩ Kaitore

Whatever had been going through the woman's mind about his idea or view of personal 'fear' had been lost on him, all he knew was what he could attest towards or at least the small speck of himself that he left hidden in enough of a dark corner that it could only be relevant when it showed its ugly head.Still she had never pushed herself out of his grasp even as his hands dance along her lower back, even as his fingers shifted their way across the surface of her waist and back. He figured she was already registered given that she was operating out in the opened, most that weren't found ways to hide in much more discrete places around. But either way the Ministry seemed to let people fall to the way side after an attack in most cases, some help may have been provided but it was only in the idea to keep the hunger at bay never to deal with the supernatural changes. 

"They most likely know one way or another. Either by watching you from afar or even the lack of any form of news following through of a death or pile of ashes in the Wizarding network. You were a target either by chance or with a purpose, never get complacent on that." As much as she watched her own life from those that hunted her, she would need to do the same for her sire. There was no doubt she was a cautious woman to some degree but when someone had the advantage of knowing what they are and all their talents and uses for them over yourself then you were left with the inability to properly defend. "I doubt the Ministry as a whole would allow you to look at their list of confirmed Vampires. Many would be afraid that such a meet up would start a series of planned killings. " Which isn't too far from the truth if it was someone unfit or known to be exceedingly volatile and conniving just without proof. Urges and feelings were things he couldn't assist on when it came to Vampires even meeting the few that he had, the feelings were just not in a situation where he could empathize and assist. 

The sense of air that swung about Jonathan had primarily been due to his desire to reading and keeping his mind ever sharp. One would believe that after schooling one held no need to keep literary devices around but that was further from the truth in his opinion. Without constantly and actively nurturing those parts of ones mind and brain they become less sharp and more likely to forget all the vocabulary, training, and drilling, that their minds had been pushed through in order to survive the various stages of life. "There maybe but it might be a bit difficult for you to get given your nocturnal necessity and that Libraries' don't really stay opened that long." A small smirk formed as he shook his head soon after. "In Wizarding schools it's often important for students to read and understand all manner of creatures, just in case they were to encounter them. Vampires are no different due to various reason, chief among them being how dangerous they are and how they could rip a person to shreds before they have a chance to wave their wand if someone isn't prepared. While it isn't ideal nor a true grasp or understanding of the scope even a bit of information on that level will assist you in getting a grasp." Shirking studies, especially in this pivotal moment would have done Stella and injustice and hopefully he had opened up her mind to the possible option - if she could find someone to go in her stead to attain such information. 

Uncertainty rang in her voice and so in curiosity to test just how far she was willing to allow for his hand to travel, one of them began to drift. Falling low below her back and settling right on the firmness of her rear gently squeezing but never moving past or beyond that form of attention, yet. If she didn't know then the only way to know was to put the action to a test. Exposed. . . Yes, he enjoyed those he met being exposed while he felt shielded and protected. This was one of many ways that he held control over the situations, there was no even ground for him when it came to potential threats.

Yet, was she a threat? She could be by all means but he didn't see it within the woman. "I label myself many things. A fighter, a problem solver, survivor. I am a different kind of survivor, one who had to endure in different ways. The assault of the psyche is as intensive as that of physical realm." Most people would have mentally broken from many of the thing she had seen. Not him, his mind grew jaded, closed off and 'accepting' of what transpired before him day to day.