Sign in to follow this  
Marielle Prince

Flower Crowns of Friendship

Repository ☆ Seventh Year ☆ StudentHeather
17 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/her

Leaning back against one of the benches in the courtyard, Mari smiled widely and pulled another flower from her lap to weave it into the rest of the crown she was making. It was a perfect day for sitting outside and making crowns. She'd gone outside the school to grab her flowers but found the courtyard one of her favorite places as a more relaxing place to make the crowns she was so fond of making. With the warmth of the sun coming through into the courtyard, it was just a peaceful, happy place. 

Usually she spent her extra time out here sketching, but she'd filled in her entire sketchbook and she had to wait for her father to send her a new one. She could have gone down to Narrie and bought herself one, but her father found the best ones with just the right thickness to the pages and just the right texture. He'd said in his last letter that he'd send one within the week so she just had to waste time until he could send it. She'd already finished all of her homework for this week and had even begun reading ahead in one of her classes. Mari wasn't one to spend extra time on her classes, so it really showed how bored she was without her sketching.

Smiling and humming to herself, she finished wrapping the flowers into the perfect crown and then stood up, turning to the student who was sitting on the bench and plopping the flower crown on their head. "There. Beautiful. Now we're friends!" She smiled widely and sat back down, starting to make another flower crown.

Repository ☆ Sixth Year Elking
17 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ He/Him/His

Stanley Pike was not having an okay day, like most of them tended to be when there was no large body of water for him to escape on to- no, this was certifiably a Bad Day. The Sturt student had dragged himself out of the room he'd been boarding in for the last few weeks despite the urge to sleep through classes in a pile of unwashed clothes, and managed to pull on said unwashed clothes to stagger out into the sunlight.

There you go, good job Stanley. Vitamin D. 
He picked a bench and poured himself onto it, limbs spread loose in contradiction to the tight knot in his chest. There was the writhing invasive thought to challenge the mandatory boarding school his parents had inflicted on him with the threat of homelessness-  this bench wasn't so bad. He was tough enough to handle sleeping on a few, surely- but anxiety squashed the idea quickly and he curled back in on himself. Or maybe it was to make room for the girl who chose the same bench to sit on, as he was vaguely aware of her presence even as he folded his elbows on his knees and his head into a hand to block out some of the sun.

Pike tried to focus on the breeze instead of the roiling unwellness flooding him, picturing himself riding over them like waves instead. He was good with waves, better than he was with all the foreign classes trying to drag his confidence under. With a deep breath, he sat back up again, eyes closed and pacing his breathing. 
He must have been that way for a while, because all of a sudden the student beside him dropped something on his head and Stanley startled awake.

Friends! 
Stanley stared at her while his alarm faded to curiosity, a hand reaching up to feel for what he'd been adorned with. Judging by the petal texture and what was in her hands, he supposed she had crowned him with the same. A soft grin curved his face, and Mari earned a puff of laughter from him. "Oh. Well. Who could argue with that? Thanks,"
He vaguely recognised the girl beside him from campus- she was a Bourke he was pretty sure, though maybe not in his year level. "My friends call me Pike," The scruffy teen supplied usefully, sitting up a little straighter to focus on her as a welcome distraction.

Repository ☆ Seventh Year ☆ StudentHeather
17 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/her

With a bright smile, Mari replied, "I'm Marielle! But most people call me Mari. You can call me whichever one you prefer; I don't really have a preference." During Mari's response, her hands kept working with the flowers, folding stems over other stems and knotting them easily, never stopping while she talked. She was often seen multitasking, which wasn't the best when she was sewing or pinning a pattern together and was probably the main reason why she always ended up with bandages on seven of her ten fingers during a sewing/creating spree. Right now, she was only sporting two, one on her right hand index finger and one on her left hand ring finger. 

"The weather was so nice today so I figured I'd come outside and make crowns, you know? It's just so beautiful and sunny and the breeze is really nice and, honestly, I just ran out of sketching pages in my sketchbook and my papa isn't able to send me a new one until at least the beginning of next week. I haven't seen you around much, are you a transfer? I've been here since first year, so I know a lot of people and notice the new faces. You're in Sturt, right?" 

Looking down at her crown, she picked up one more flower and settled it next to the other flowers, wrapping it into the crown so the flowers were all nestled right against each other and then she put it on her own head. "There! Twins!" She smiled wide again and her hands immediately began to weave two flowers together to start a third crown.

Sign in to follow this