Cbox
No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
pxmBtN.png
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Sign in to follow this  

Repository ☆ Doctor/HealerHeather
Muggleborn Human ☆ She/her

Ellie was glad she'd decided to move to Narragyambie three years ago. It was smaller and she felt like she had more room to spread out than she had in Melbourne. After her husband's passing, she'd really just needed to get out, away, just leave everything behind. She'd packed up her two kids, the few things of her husband's she could stand to bring with her, and the car and drove the two hours to the small town outside Tallygarunga. 

It'd been three years that have helped her immensely. But she still had times where she just had to break, had to remember, had to stop. She'd drop the kids at their daycare on those days and just get plastered. Today was one of those days where she felt like she needed adult interaction. Adult conversation that didn't come in the form of explaining a procedure to a patient.

Zoey had made good friends with the girl next door, Lilah, even though the other girl was two years older. Ellie liked that her daughter could make friends with anyone. It made Ellie feel like she didn't have to worry. Bryce was at daycare today, so Ellie decided to introduce herself to her neighbor, Lilah's father, to get that adult interaction. She still hadn't made many friends in Narrie, partially due to her angry, grumpy nature since moving.

Walking across the lawn up to the door of the house next door, Ellie knocked and then crossed her arms, tucking a bit of hair behind her ear in a nervous gesture, not used to introducing herself to people beyond "Hi I'm taking out a bit of your insides today." She had no idea how to talk to other parents or other adults. Why had she decided to do this? Then she remembered Zoey asking her if she was happy last week and she knew she had to make an effort to make friends. Had to show her children that she was happy.

Narragyambie ☆ Jack of all TradesKay
Halfblood Human ☆ he/him

The day itself was a rather busy one, not because Lot was doing anything in particular but because Lot had taken Silas of his sister’s hands for the day.  Lot would have taken Persephone but she had been sick and Doe had insisted that just taking Silas was enough to help her out for the moment.  It had actually been a rather good thing, Lilah adored the younger boy and was having a rather good day with her cousin playing in the living room.  He smiled as he listened to the giggles.  That sound had become a welcome one given some of the sounds that were burned into his memory.  Letting out a laugh at another rather adorable set of giggles he put away the bread as he made his way out to the living room with little bitty peanut butter sandwiches.  He set them on the table and he smiled as they grabbed them and settled back to the game they had been playing. 

The sound of the door caught his attention.  He had not been expecting anyone, and the only way Doe knocked was if she had her hands full, but it wasn’t her knock.  He stood up as he looked at the door as though it might tell him who was at the door at the moment.  Silas looked up and ran to the door flinging it open the little boy made a face and looking up at the woman who was standing there.  Lot followed the boy and placed his larger hand on his sandy blonde curls.  Unlike Lot or Doe the kiddo had blonde curls like their other parent.  He smiled at her. 

”Hello.”  He said with a smile.  ”Zoey’s mum yeah?”  he said.  His mouth turned upwards in a lopsided grin.  Looking down at Silas for a moment.  ”This is my nephew Silas… he and Lilah have been having some lunch…   he said with a smile as Silas nodded.  ”What brings you over today?”  He asked her with a smile. 

Smiling down at the young boy who answered the door, Ellie was slightly confused because she'd thought Lot only had one child. Did Lilah have a brother she hadn't known about? Or was this another neighbor boy, possibly a friend of Zoey's she hadn't met before. She looked up at Lot when he came up behind the young boy--Silas--and answered the question floating through her mind. Nephew. Lilah's cousin, then. She smiled down at him again and then looked to Lot again and shrugged.

"Thought I should actually introduce myself? I mean, we've been neighbors for three years and I don't think I've ever actually had a conversation with my daughter's best friend's father." That sounded like a plausible explanation, even a likely one. There was no way in hell Elliot was going to admit to anyone that she was bored and needed adult interaction. She loved her children; she did. They were the angels in her life. But sometimes, she just needed to get away from them. Right now, Zoey was at another friend's for a sleepover later and Bryce wouldn't need to get picked up from daycare for another few hours, at least. 

"I brought cookies?" She held up a bag of chocolate chip cookies that she'd attempted to make, but she hadn't had one yet so she wasn't even sure if they were edible. She was a surgeon, a healer, not a baker, so she had never actually baked before. But having the house to herself this morning, she'd run out of things to do or clean and had decided to try and tackle something that was very mom-like and very un-Ellie-like. Hopefully they turned out well. She'd followed the recipe. She smiled slightly, trying to keep the nervousness off her face from interacting with people, something she didn't do often. Or at all. Not since her husband's death anyways.

Halfblood Human ☆ he/him

Silas was always on the go and so he didn’t stay put for long finding the idea of two adults talking very boring and so he ran to the living room to finish his lunch.  ”That is true, I suppose saying hello and just engaging in small talk over picking up one of the girls is not really good for friendships…”  he chuckled.  Lot had not really spent a lot of time getting to know too many people.  It was part of the being a fugitive for so long.  He didn’t make personal connections because you could leave a trail of personal connections the same way you could leave a paper trail.  Neither were good, and with personal connections people could hurt them.  He was lucky that his family had been left alone.  Though he supposed that had much to do with his brother in law. 

Something he was thankful for.  He looked at the woman and nodded.  ”Come in, you can have some sandwiches.”  he smiled as he stepped aside and allowed her in.  ”where is Zoey at today?”  He asked with a smile. 

Ellie smiled and stepped into the house when he let her in, tucking the hair that fell out from behind her ear back again. After saying hello to Lilah and Silas, she stood, unsure what to do now that she was inside. Did she walk to the kitchen? Stay in the living room? Or wait for him to show her where to go? She chose the third option as it seemed the safest, especially when she was in someone else's house. 

With a soft smile that came when she thought of her children, she said, "Zoe's at another friend's for a sleepover tonight. I was supposed to go in for an overnight shift tonight, but they called to say they had gotten it covered." She'd been annoyed at that phone call. The hospital was one of the only places she could feel like herself again, like her husband wasn't dead and was just working down the hall from her. She knew it wasn't true, but it helped. Staying home where she could keenly feel his absence wasn't the best for her lately. It just lead to tequila-filled bad dreams. It was time to think of something else, so she asked, "Silas is Lilah's cousin, then? Does she have any more?"

Halfblood Human ☆ he/him

Lot went to the living room where the kids were playing.  He didn’t like to miss these things.  Even though it was rather simple play, he had missed out on too much already.  Doe had been the one who had gotten Lilah to 7 without him.  He looked at the kids and smiled.  ”ah, well, how fortunate for me then.”  he said as he sat on the couch and leaned back.  He usually worked nights himself- though he had taken a few days off, he wanted to find something a littler more stable for his daughter it was just hard to find a job that didn’t want to hold the exoneration over his head.  The truth was he had ran from the authorities but he would have been railroaded had he stayed.   

”yes, my sister just had a girl in November Persephone is at home sick with mom while we keep brother.”  he said as he watched Silas move one of the knights to fight the dragon.  ”And luckily my other siblings have not started to reproduce… the family might be part rabbit.”  he said with a laugh.  They were prolific so to speak. It was a wonder they had not had any others… though he supposed with the way his brother had shown up- he could easily have kids he had no idea about.  "What about you?  Is your family from around here?" 

Ellie followed Lot into the living room with a smile, placing the bag of cookies on the arm of the couch as she sat down after she realized that's what he was headed to do. She looked at the kids while they played, her smile softening somewhat as she watched them for a moment; she loved to watch Zozo play with her brother. They played nicely with each other for about an hour before one of them inevitably threw something trying to be funny or cool and it ended up hitting the other on the head. Eventually Bryce would stop throwing his toys at his sister and his sister wouldn't feel the need to retaliate against her four year old brother. Ellie hoped it happened before Bryce started school next year, because she was not going to be very excited if she had to leave the hospital to pick up her kid for throwing toys at other kids.

When Lot started talking about his family, Ellie laughed at the mental image his words brought to the front of her mind. "That sounds like it would be extremely energetic. I'm sure when your other siblings have kids, you'll get to be the cool uncle more often." She had had a few patients who had a Quidditch team of kids. They always made loving chaos in the hospital when they were there. Her own family was much smaller. "Well, my mother's passed away, but my dad's still alive and married. I've got a half sister but she hasn't had kids yet. My husband had five sisters and four of them have kids. The youngest just graduated from VMU." Kate was an energetic, fun-loving, happy young adult who was going to be staying with Ellie and the kids soon. Ellie was preparing herself for the house to be even louder than normal. It would be nice to have some of her husband's family closer.

Remembering the cookies, she said, "Sorry! Did you want one?" She opened the bag and offered the open end to him.

Halfblood Human ☆ he/him

Lot wondered if she understood just how prolific the family was.  It was actually quite miraculous that he did not have more kids out there.  His sister was on pregnancy 4 with this last child… the first child died and what would have been her third had not made it to term.  With the Karras family you only had to pass by someone and boom- baby.  His father had 5 children- and honestly he probably had a slew of children.  He shook his head.  ”May god have mercy on us all the last thing this world needs is more Karras offspring.”  he said with a smile.  Though in all honestly he loved the fact it was a very busy and very big family. 

”Oh thank you.”  he said as he took a cookie.  ”It must be nice to have his sisters around a little bit yeah?”  he often wondered if any of Dani’s family was around somewhere.  She had not been close to them… which only made sense once she took off.