Sign in to follow this  
Marielle Prince

Invite Show Me Your Designs

Repository ☆ Seventh Year ☆ StudentHeather
17 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/her

After a long, but fun day, Mari grabbed her sketchbook of designs from where it lay on her bed and dance-skipped her way down to the Great Hall for dinner. She had a few new dress designs she wanted to show Frankie and ask for her opinion. There was one part of the sketch's belt that she just felt needed something more, but she couldn't figure out what.

Frankie always had different opinions than she did on designs and it helped to have a good friend to bounce ideas off of. Sometimes, Mari felt her best ideas where ones Frankie helped her on. Their tastes and vision for their fashion were different enough to hello balance each other out sometimes, especially when Mari added too many ribbon flowers or layers of tulle. 

When she got to the dining hall, she looked around for her friend. Spotting her, Mari flounced her way over to her table and sat herself down. "Hi! I need your help with this design. I can't tell if it needs a flower on the belt or something else." She flipped her sketchbook open to the page with the long white dress with navy blue ribbon belt and blue straps, one navy blue flower on the left shoulder. 

Melbourne ☆ Apothecary CashierKay
17 year old Pureblood Human ☆ her/she

Letting out a small sigh as she rolled over in bed. She usually spent more time out doing whatever, however she had not felt the best in the past several days.  She let out a small sigh.  It had been a rather strange few months and she was not sure what she really wanted out of them anymore.  If she wanted to stay, if she wanted to runaway, If she wanted to go with Orion.  All she knew was that the stress from her internal dialog going all hours was making her feel sick.  She sighed as she rolled from her bed.  It was harder to get comfortable which meant, she simply needed to get up.  After groaning she grabbed some clothes from her floor and threw them on.  It was still early and wouldn’t be too crowded, which was a good thing, because besides feeling tired, she was starving.  

She twisted her hair into a messy bun and sighed as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. Who the hell was she trying to impress anyway. She grabbed a tea bag from the collection her dads had sent and headed to the dining hall. She grabbed food, hot water and sat down to eat.  She had not selected too many things for dinner.  Instead she simply picked simple things.  Letting out another sigh as she looked at the food and found none of it appealing all of a sudden.  She swallowed and shrug.   

”Oh…”  she said with a smile as she looked at Mari.  ”Okay sure.”  She said with a smile.  She looked over the sketch that was in front of her.  She tilted her head for a moment.  ”Actually…”  she said, looking at it for a moment.  ”I think a wider belt would look better.”  she leaned back to look at it.  ”It gives the dress a better silhouette.” 

Repository ☆ Seventh Year ☆ StudentHeather
17 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/her

Concern flooded through her at the almost listless way Frankie was talking. Mari knew they hadn't hung out too much lately, but she wanted to change that. Sitting beside her friend and looking over the sketch together, she nodded. Yeah, widening the belt could definitely help the design look better, flow better, and look like a more complete dress. She smiled at her friend and pulled out her pencil, sketching a slightly wider belt over the existing one and then looking up at Frankie. "Yeah? Look better?"

While she waited for her friend's response, she plucked a grape out of the bowl in front of her and chewed it thoughtfully, her eyes looking over her friend. She looked tired and Mari hoped her friend wasn't depressed. How hadn't she noticed? How had she not been there for Frankie? Reaching forward to put a hand on Frankie's, she asked, "How are you doing? Are you okay?" 

Melbourne ☆ Apothecary CashierKay
17 year old Pureblood Human ☆ her/she

Watching as the dress was altered in front of her she smiled.  ”You could even stitch a flower into the belt with thread.  It would be subtle… and you get your flower.”  she said with a smile.  It would look nice.  ”I like it… maybe we can go look at fabric later this month when we have time.  Or, the Easter holiday is coming up… I have some fabric but its mostly left over from the pieces I’ve made for my show.”  Those just needed to be sized now and she was done.  Cass looked flawless in the pieces, she had picked them for her because of the red hair and the porcelain skin.  She was like a doll.  Frankie enjoyed dressing her up and seeing how she looked in the clothes.  It was satisfying on a whole new level. 

”I am just not feeling well.”  she said with a smile.  Turning her hand to squeeze Mari’s.  ”Whatever this stupid bug is that is going around has just been hanging on for so long.”  she said as she took a sip of the teas she had made.  ”I am hoping that this will help… my dads have sent me a few things.”  she said with a smile.  ”How are you?  You have been tucked away and hiding.”  she teased. 

Sign in to follow this