Daria Bishop

Invite boys will be boys

Narragyambie ☆ NannyKay
28 year old Pureblood Human ☆ her/she

There were not too many things that could rattle the nanny.  She had been working with kids for a long time, and she had managed to make some decent choices in the face of many terrible things.  Other than the time she had been mugged, she had not really had use for a hospital, however the triplets had suddenly caused her to need one, only not for herself but for them.  It had been a simple accident.  While they had been playing and she had not trusted herself enough to fix the broken bones.  She let out a small sigh as she sat with the three of them in the small room they had been given.  She had sent word to Keith right away.  She bit her lip.  It was not as though she had done something wrong but the feeling she held was not a very good one.  

She leaned back in the Chair, Iris was sitting beside her and Iris placed her head on her shoulder.  The broken arm made her a little crazy sitting there now.  At least the pain was controlled and the two boys were starting to argue about something.  ”boys.”  She scolded.  She felt a little out of place.  ”This can wait.”  She said as she looked at them and they stopped the arguing.  Looking up she felt herself let out a breath of relief. 

”Keith.”  The kids looked up and smiled.  Iris moved to hug her father.  ”they got a little out of hand…”  She said of the boys sitting on the bed.  ”I’m sorry.” 

Narragyambie ☆ Author/Part-Time University ProfessorScotteh
45 year old Halfblood Human

Keith had been at the university whenever he had gotten the call that the boys had gotten hurt. Luckily for him, he had already finished up his class for the day, and was just doing some paperwork. He made his way back to Narragyambie General, and when he got there they had already been moved to a room. Keith made his way back to the room. He wasn't overly worried, really. They were in good hands, and the way she spoke, they were fine, just a potential broken bone. He'd had his fair share growing up. When he reached the room, he looked at the boys, and then to Daria. Iris gave him a hug, and he returned it. 

"What happened?" He asked, and then Chris began to speak, but Keith held up his hand. "I'm not asking you, boys. I'm asking Daria. You two will probably try to cover up what you really did." Which was true. If it had been fighting, or whatever, they'd probably lie and say they were doing something else. Chances were, they weren't supposed to be doing what caused them to get hurt in the first place.

Narragyambie ☆ NannyKay

They started to explain and she sighed.  They were not going to explain what happened.  It was rather stupid, but then again, the boys tended to do rather stupid things from time to time.  She let out a small sigh as they were then silenced by their father.  She shifted in her seat and sighed once again  It had been a long day and honestly being here had only made the day longer. They had been here a few hours already.  ”They were outside playing.”  The sound of bones cracking was one she would not soon forget  It was not like she had heard it before.  ”They started fighting over the ball which turned into a shoving match and they shoved each other off the porch.”  She said with a small frown.  She’d moved faster than she thought she would.  

”They then kept fighting… until they realized they were in pain.”  she had not enjoyed pulling them apart this time…. She still felt relatively bad about it.  The kids had not gotten hurt this badly while she had been in charge.  There were cuts and other minor boo boos.  But nothing this bad. 

"Of course they did." Keith said, sighing. He rubbed his eyes with his thumb and forefinger. He looked over at the boys, and shook his head. They began to try to start talking again, but he quickly held up his hand once more. "No. I don't want to hear your excuses, boys. You are both in heaps of trouble. You both will be healed up in no time, however, I believe that grounding you will do the trick."

"Dad!" They both said in unison, but Keith held up his hand again. 

"No buts. This is not up for discussion. You two will have everything taken from you for a week. Plain and simple. There will be no argument." He said, and then he turned to Daria. "Where were you when this happened?"

Narragyambie ☆ NannyKay

She watched the interaction between the boys and their dad.  He had a commanding presence about him when he dealt with the kids.  It was a good thing.  A very good thing it helped her feel as though what sh said would be backed up.  Daria always backed Keith on his parenting.  He was an excellent dad.  That was something she had no doubt about at this point in time.  She sighed.  When the boys were grounded she often had to put herself in time out.  They could push and push and push.  It could be quite annoying. 

For the first time she felt as though she had done something wrong.  The way he asked her made her anxious.   ”I had stepped inside for some water but when I heard them I came out to pull then apart.”  She looked at him and flipped her arm over to show the reddened mark here she had taken some of her skin off.  It just stung at this point.  ”I am sorry I just wanted to her us all something to drink.”  She said with  soft sigh. 

Keith nodded at her, "Boys will be boys." He said, and just shook his head in their direction. "You two are lucky that this is all that happened to you." The boys looked down at the floor, ashamed in themselves.

"Sorry" They said in unison again.

"It isn't me you need to be apologizing to." He said, very sternly. "You need to tell Daria you're sorry." Keith was very serious in his tone toward the boys. "You've put a very unnecessary stress upon her." The boys sat there, in silence, still looking down. That's when Keith raised his voice slightly. "I said apologize."

Sorry..." They said in unison, however, while they were still speaking in unison, Chris said, "Daria." and Zanthe said, "Mum."

Keith heard it, and really was not sure how to react to it. It could have just been a slip-up. Daria had been in their lives for so long. Were the confused? Keith was not exactly sure what to say. He wanted to correct him, but at the same time, he didn't know how to. Perhaps Daria would know what to say to it, and he looked over at her.

Narragyambie ☆ NannyKay

she wanted to tell him it was okay and she did not need them to apologize, but they did.  She had not been so sure about the fact it was a case of boys being boys.  They would be healed soon and Daria would be able to make sense of it in a moment.  She gently looked at the tender flesh and bit her lip she had not been ready for what came next.  Did Zanthe just call her mum.  She Smiled at him and stood up and kissed the top of both their heads. 

”Thank you boys.”  She then smiled at Zanthe and gently hugged him again.  ”Thank you sweet boy I am so flattered you think of me that way.”  She really was.  ”I know that I mean a lot to you.”  She said.  She had been with them for a long time and she loved that about the boys.  She smiled at him.  She didn’t want to embarrass him or make him feel as though he had done something wrong. 

Keith didn't speak, he just watched. She had seemed to have handled it well, but he still didn't have the heart to really tell them about their mother. How she had abandoned them. In reality, he hadn't fully disclosed this information to Daria, either. She just knew the mother was not in the picture. The triplets had been just infants when Pandora had just vanished. She had come back, attempted to get them back into her life, but Keith had won that battle. 

Iris looked up at Daria, and went over to her, hugging her leg. "Does that mean it's okay to call you that?" Chris spoke up too. He had always been a bit more observational and logical than the other two. "You pretty much are."

Keith took a few steps forward, and spoke to the three children. "Kids.... I think it's beautiful that you think of Daria this way, but I just don't think it would be appropriate."

Narragyambie ☆ NannyKay

As much as she wanted to know about the mother that had not been apart of the lives of the children.  She didn’t push him.  She figured he would tell her when he was ready to tell her.  She smiled at the kids for a moment.  She was flattered they wanted to call her that, but she was not their mom.  No matter how much she loved them.  She however knew she was supposed to be the one who cared for them, and it was not something she took lightly.  She leaned over and smiled at Iris and she returned the hug and looked at Keith hoping for some direction as to what they needed to do.  Ultimately, she had been consistent.  She filled that role… she didn’t want to confuse them… but this was a confusing thing.  She understood that. 

She was confused sometimes herself. she gently ran her fingers throu Iris’ hair and tucked the strands neatly behind her ears as she sat down and Iris sat on her lap.  ”I love you three very much.”  she said after he said it wouldn’t be appropriate she knew that had to be something that hit them a l ittle harder.  It was not appropriate.  She wasn’t their mom.  Though she wished the woman who had been their mother knew how much she missed out on with these three.  She couldn’t understand what made a woman not want to be with her children.  She leaned back and patted the seat for Keith.  ”Sit, they need to set the bones we are just waiting on someone.”  

Keith nodded, taking a seat next to Daria. He could see the defeat in the children's faces as he told them it wouldn't be appropriate for them to call her mum. However, as much as it pained them, it was the truth. Their real mother would never be around, and this was a painful fact that they had to deal with. But, she had been more of a free soul, not one for settling in. "Boys, I am serious about the grounding. This won't go unpunished." He felt he needed to reiterate this. They tended to try their luck at times. 

"Sorry, Dad."[/b] Chris said, frowning. "It won't happen again."

"What he said." Zanthe said. 

Keith just chuckled, shaking his head. Iris, however, set up straighter. "I'm the good one."

Keith laughed out loud. "You're no angel, baby, but at least you don't have a broken arm."

Iris stuck her tongue out at the boys. 

"Iris...."

She looked down. "Just having fun."

Keith looked over at Daria. "Well, the teaching thing went well today. Nobody blew anything up. Which is better than I can say for when it was Tally students I was teaching. How was your day, other than the two wrestling superstars over there?"

Narragyambie ☆ NannyKay

It was a very strange thing, to be in charge of someone else’s kids for so long… For them it had to be a bit confusing, but Daria had never thought they would call her mom.  She was like a mother, but she was not their mother.  She smiled at them however.  They were good kids, even with the broken arms and rough housing. It was not a horrible thing, however she had told them to stop.  She felt more settled when he sat down beside her and she watched the boys for a moment, and then Iris who all also seemed to find this a more settling.  She reached over to take his hand.   

”That is a pretty good thing right?  Maybe less exciting?”  She asked but she felt the fewer explosions the better.  ”Though I can always show you my potions skills if you want a thrill, it has been a while since I have blown up a cauldron.”  She said with a smile. 

Keith chuckled. "Yes, it is less exciting, but I don't have to magically grow back my eyebrows. So, that's a plus." He rubbed her hand that was now in his with his thumb. When she gave up the offer to show off her potions skills though, he shook his head. "Oh, no. No. No. No. I prefer cauldrons to stay in one piece these days. It's a much less stressful environment now. I think three kids is enough stress for me. Especially when they decide to act like little shitheads...." He looked at the boys, who broke into a huge grin. "...Who like to break each others bones."

He looked from the boys, and to Iris, and then to Daria. "However, I would not trade any of this for the world."

Narragyambie ☆ NannyKay

”I am a pretty big fan of your eyebrows.”  She said with a smile.  Moving to kiss one of the eyebrows in question.  The truth was, she was a big fan of all of the things on his face… and then some.  She laughed as the kids made an ‘eww’ sound and she shook her head. There were true feelings for this man, they ran deep.  She had been very happy in the past months.  Being with Keith had made a huge difference in her life.  Even with this trip… she had been stable, and safe and someone cared about her.  ”I suppose that I can control myself then and will not blow your cauldrons up.”  She said as she looked at the boys who seemed to enjoy the teasing nature. 

There was a sweetness to the whole thing  ”I am starving I cannot wait to get home for dinner.”  she said as she leaned against Keith. 

"I would prefer to keep cauldrons in tact. I'm sure Iris will be blowing some up soon." He said, chuckling. Iris had been the one to show an extreme interest in potions. The boys just loved picking on her, fighting each other, and keeping up with Quidditch. He could tell they would be a handful later on in their teenage years. Probably more trips to an infirmary. He wasn't really looking forward to it. When she said she was starving and couldn't wait to get home, Keith nodded definitely. "I'm starved. Honestly, I say we go out after this, yeah? We could get pizza. You all can even get everything on it for your personal pizzas." He said, recalling their previous conversation about the pizza likes. 

"Yeah! Pizza!" Chris said. Zanthe nodded in agreement. Iris nodded to under Keith's arm that was around her. 

"What do you say, dear?" He asked, looking to Daria.

Narragyambie ☆ NannyKay

She shook her head.  ”Iris is going to be blowing them up in controlled explosions.”  She said as she put a finger to the tip of Iris’ nose and smiled as Irish wrinkled the nose.  Daria had become quite taken with the kids… it was something that would happen… she knew that much.  She let out a small laugh as she watched the boys.  Who were making exploding motions.  ”Careful boys she may blow you two up.”  She said as she looked at Keith it seemed it didn’t really matter what Daria would want… Pizza was the selected dinner for the night.  She laughed for a moment and looked at the kids. 

”Pizza sounds good”  She said with a smile.  It actually did sound good.  Anything sounding good… honestly.  ”But we have to get the vegie pizza because you have not had any of those today you creeps.”  She said with a raised eyebrow begging them to test her resolve. 

"I can't afford any more explosions though." He said, laughing. "I'll have to figure out how to tame the little potions monster." Iris giggled, and ran over to her brothers to sit with them, leaving Keith and Daria sitting by themselves. Whenever Daria mentioned the veggie pizza, he groaned. "Fine, We will let the ladies actually get the pizza they want for once, and we will suffer through it." He put his arm around Daria, pulling her into him and kissing the top of her head. 

"I'm a lucky man to have you. I don't know if I have told you enough. Thank you for everything you do for me and the children." He placed his hand in hers, and squeezed it gently. Then, he whispered into her ear. "After they go to bed, I have some dessert for you."

Narragyambie ☆ NannyKay

”worried she may blow up more cauldrons than you did?”  She asked with a  smile, though in reality she was pretty sure that he would love the fact that his daughter would take the potions torch… Letting out a smile she looked at the little girl as she went to check out what her brothers were up to, which was honestly much of nothing.  Letting out a small smile.  ”If you would eat them without me forcing you too the boys might eat them too.”  she teased.  Though in reality she did know that he ate just fine on his own.   

She raised her eyebrow and she looked at him.  ”Is it chocolate cake?”  She said with a smile.  Well aware of what he was getting at. She smiled at him.  ”I do like Chocolate cake…”{/b]  She said with a smile.  It was not much longer before the doctor had come in with the discharge instructions for the boys. 

"Well, I didn't blow up too many.... Just, you know, a couple.....hundred." He said with a slight chuckle. When she made mention of the pizza, and eating it without being forced to, he groaned. "It's just too much on a pizza. Simple pepperoni is the way to go, but, you all get your wins sometimes too." He said, looking from Daria to Iris. "You know me, I like the simple things in life."

Keith grinned. "I know you love it, and I've got plenty of it just for you." He whispered back to her, winking. Just then, the doctor came in with the discharge papers, spoke with the boys, and then told Keith and Daria about some care once they get home. It all seemed pretty simple enough. He looked to the boys, and Iris, and then to Daria. "Well, let's get out of here. Boys, you're still grounded." He said, just to remind them, "But tonight, we have some much needed family time."

Narragyambie ☆ NannyKay

She smiled at the idea that Iris would only blow up a couple hundred.  Daria had not had the same luck, she blew up only a few before she decided that Potions was not for her.  That and it saved many number 2 cauldrons from a rather horrific fate.  She would hate to have caused the many cauldrons to end up in trouble.  She let out  soft hum.  ”Simple is not always the best way, you need more than just peperoni to be healthy and call me crazy but I would like you around for a bit.”  She teased.  It was not like he was going to end up dead from a slice of pizza once in a while but she was still cautious and she still wanted him to be alright.  She smiled.  

It was not much longer before they were heading out of the room and off to family time.  ’Family time?”  She supposed she had been involved in family time before but she always wondered what that meant now… how it had changed with the change int heir relationship.  She smiled.  ”Pizza and cake and family time, not a horrible end to the day e ven if the boys are grounded.”  Their matching casts made her sigh. 

"Yes, well, what can I say? I'm not sure I can even stick to the grounding." He said with a slight whisper. "So, you'll definitely have to help me out with that bit. Never been good at the whole punishment thing with them." Which was true. He just couldn't help himself whenever they started their pouting. Keith took Daria's hand in his own, and gave it a light squeeze. He walked them all out to his car, and placed the children inside of their seats. He gave Daria a quick kiss. 

"So, I'll meet you at the house, yeah? You pick up the pizza, I'll pick up some cake and ice cream, and we shall have a wonderful evening." Keith said, before kissing her one more time and getting into the car. 

Narragyambie ☆ NannyKay

”I think that is the only reason you hired me… to be the bad guy.”  Not that she minded.  She spent a great deal of time with them and neither of them had been arbitrary about punishments.  That and she knew if he gave in the boys would be sure to push the same buttons next time.  It was always a slippery slope when it came to being consistent with kids.  She shook her head.  ”If only they knew you were the push over.”  She teased him quietly.  The triplets were caught up in one another comparing the casts and discussing who would end up with the most signatures and from who.  She shook her head.  

”I’ll see you at home.”  She said with a smile as she got into her car. She ordered pizza before she left, to pick up so she wouldn’t have to wait for so long.  She rarely liked to wait on anything and they had spent a great deal of time waiting already.