Repository ☆ Keeper for Australian Quidditch TeamCallie
2018 year old Pureblood Human ☆ He/Him

Practice was absolutely grueling, but Liam wasn't letting that get him down. He knew that every missed block he would have more to practice with, but it was getting extremely hot and all he wanted to do was switch his broomstick out for a surf board and spend some time in the ocean. As that thought crossed his mind, a Bludger came right at his head, dodging it at the last moment. "Keep your head in the game!" the captain yelled at him, but you didn't have to tell him twice. He blocked the next attempted goal, running into Scarlett as she attempted the score on him. 

With one last whistle blow practice was over and off to the locker room he went. "Hey Van Acker, want to actually go hit up some waves?" he asked, throwing his sweaty clothes into his laundry bag and tightening it up. "You're definitely ready for some actual waves this time". Walking over to her, Liam sat down on the bench and smiled, slipping on his shoes as he awaited her reply.

Repository ☆ Chaser Australian National TeamKay
31 year old Halfblood Human ☆ her/she

Letting out a brief sigh as practice came to a close she was glad to have found herself on the ground once more.   It had been a long one that was for sure.  Scar had always liked practice but at this point she thought she would need an ice bath after colliding with Liam.  He was a rather large and solid object.  Scar was by no means a delicate flower, but he was not a small man.  She rubbed her elbow where she could see a tear in her shirt and a lovely grass burn from earlier.  She swore she needed a better charm for her clothes so they wouldn’t get all torn up, and in turn allow her body to get torn up.  Then again, she didn’t think it would matter she played rough.  She always had. 

Looking up she smiled at him.  ”you think so?”  that actually sounded like a good thing.  She had been waiting on the chance to get into the water.  She would likely make a fool of herself but that was the fun… right?  She shook her head for a moment and smiled.  ”You think you could keep up with me if I was?”  Scar was confident in her abilities.  At least for now. 

As Liam stood up once more he nodded his head. "I think you are, and I'm bloody terrified you'll end up better than me", he joked with her, trying to keep her spirits up. Then again, while he was a decently good surfer he was by no means the best. He knew how to surf and sometimes taught others to as well, but that was about the extent of it. 

As Liam grabbed his surfing bag and throws it over his shoulder, looking at Scar. "I heard that the waves at the beach I took you to last time are great. Not too incredibly high*. He had this spot that the always frequented, mostly because it kept away from the tourists and paparazzi most of the time.

Scar smiled.  ”That is because I am better than you.  In all things.   You are the reason I have this bruise on my hip I’ll have to contend with for a few days.  What are you a brick wall?”  She asked as she threw her bag over her shoulder.  The last thing she needed, or wanted was to forget something and then never find it again.  Things left out of the lockers had a bad habit of running away.  She loved the sweatshirt she had in the bag too.  ”But don’t worry I wont let anyone know how much better I am, they will just have to see and assume for themselves.”  She had never really been shy or lacked confidence.  She was Scarlett and that was good enough for her. 

”Perfect.”  She said falling into step with him.  ”Lead the way.”  She didn’t mind following them… Scar had gotten lost a few times when she had been left to her own devices.  Never mind living here, she had a poor sense of direction when she was on the ground.  She smiled.  ”What do you thin about some of the new kids on the team?”  She asked with a smile. 

Liam couldn't help but let out a laugh after being called a "brick wall". It wasn't the first time he'd been called that and most likely it wouldn't be the last. He swung a friendly arm around Scar's shoulder and pulled her in for a sideways hug. "Well maybe you'll think next time before you fly head on to a brick wall" he joked, but then found himself looking at her face to see if there were any other bruises.

Walking out to Liam's station wagon, he realized that there was a decent bruise on her arm and frowned, stopping to take a better look at it. "Shit.. I'm sorry" he told her honestly. "I could heal that if you want." Letting her think on it, he threw both of their bags into the back, underneath his board, and got in gesturing for her to join him. The least he could do after nearly pummeling her would be to drive. 

The new kids on the team. Boy was that a fun discussion to potentially have. Liam sort of let his idea of them known the moment she asked by chortling quite loudly. He coughed a bit at some weak ass attempt of covering it up. "Yeeeeahh... They need work. What do you think?"

”If the brick wall is between me and scoring you can bet your arse I will run into it every time.”   She pointed out.  Bruises were like battle wounds… things to be proud of… Scarlett had never really thought much about healing the bruises that weren’t terrible.  She looked at her arm and shook her head.  ”Nah, it makes me looks tough.”  She said making a growling face.  Scar was a tough cookie, she always had been- mostly out of necessity, her family had not been the best and she had not always found herself with good people.  The one person she had trusted not to hurt her had completely broken her heart.  Not only that the papers loved to bring it back up every time he went out with some new chick.  It was bad enough without everyone else knowing about it. 

She slid into the passenger’s side of the car and looked at him as he made the sound that led her to believe he was not impressed. ”I dunno the beater isn’t so bad… he could use some polish but all the young kids need polish you know.  They weren’t like us and fantastic the moment they stepped on the pitch at Tally/”  She had been a mess of knees and elbows before she finally came in to her own as a chaser.   

”They’ll get it.”  She said with a smile.  They wuld have to if they wanted to stay. 

Yeah, the newbies better "get it" as Scar had said, mostly because if they didn't they wouldn't make it very far without getting kicked to the curb. You had to hold your own in this career, and Liam put in his work just as they would have to... but even he had started out in a better state than they did. "Yeah, I'm probably just being all nitpicky. Ask me in a couple of weeks and we'll see if my answer has changed" he told her, carefully pulling out of the parking lot and making his way to his favorite place. 

The beach was absolutely perfect and part of that was because it wasn't so crowded. Having already changed into his surfing attire, all Liam had to do was pull out his board and bring it out to the beach. "The waves look good. Want to do a couple of dry runs before you jump in the water?" he asked her as he worked to put on the top coat of wax onto his board.

She shook her head.  ”You are very pernickety”  she said with a laugh.  It was actually kind of funny.  Though Scar had honestly known him long enough to know that he would not change his mind until they proved themselves.  That was alright- they needed to have high standards so they could exceed them.  ”Your mind will change when you see something special in  them.  You were horrible to me when I started playing quidditch but I think you were jealous I was so good and so cute.”  she teased him.  One of the many things Scar had always been good at was teasing the man beside her. She loved it just as much as she loved quidditch.   

She was pulling her shirt off as they made it to the beach.  ”Nah, I want to just get in and go.”  She said with a smile as she studied the waves.  ”Promise not to cry when I show you how much better I am?”  She knew good and well she was not about to be better than Liam but she didn’t mind the idea od trying to be better than him.