Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
November, 2019 :: Spring

Invite Breaking the Same Old Ground

Ministry ☆ Corrupt Auror, Socialite✩ Kirupachi
29 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

Another day, another lecture. It irked Evelyn somewhat that she had been called on by the school yet again to fill in for the Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor - she didn't mind the classes themselves, as it was as good of an excuse as any to see her younger family members, but it got under her skin that it was generally believed her schedule was so flexible. It had already become quite chaotic ever since the hunt for Mr. Sollozzo had begun, but as of two months at that point they also had to deal with the Franklin situation. It was something that put people such as herself and Jo in a great deal of pressure from the force, and it was quite rough juggling duties with sucking up to their boss so not to get lumped in with the halfbreed prejudice mounting over the incident. 'Why not just throw classes into that cocktail?'

Yet, she didn't complain. Evelyn took on the responsibility with a kind smile and a seemingly cheerful take on the activity despite inwardly resenting it, sticking to whatever it was the Professor had left for her (which often wasn't that much at all, and she had to wing it). Though, she wasn't so naive as to think her work was done as the bell announcing the end of the class rang out and students proceeded to leave the classroom; no, she still had to add points to the House points counter, and she still had to correct the papers she had the students do. It had been a more theoretical class, after all, and because of the Professor's decision Evelyn would pay the price.

She was fairly sure they had decided that deliberately.

The quicker she got through with it all, the quicker she could return to the station. The blonde sat down at a lone corner of the staff room, hoping that Miss Riverpond wouldn't come over to distract her too much - something she wouldn't actually mind, given how entertaining her friend normally was - and got herself busy with the various assignments, going through each at a steady pace and correcting them as necessary. Tuning out most of the noise around her, she was getting some work done fairly quickly...

Professor Teaching Staff ☆ ProfessorBach
31 year old Halfblood Human ☆ he/him

Sure there had to be worse things to do in life than teaching, though there were times in the last few years since taking up the Divination post that Rhys seriously wondered if perhaps that was just some line of bull shit he told himself to try and feel better. It wasn't a bad job really, it was a steady paycheck that reading muggles tarot cards and pulling cons on them hadn't afford him. Granted there were also times he made better money doing that than teaching. Still, that life had ultimately resulted in him moving back home to his grandparents, so even if he hated teaching at times, he'd resigned himself that this was his life now, and it made his grandparents happy to have him back home.

Once morning classes were out of the way, Rhys was happy to finally have a break. At first he debated just spending it in his classroom, but after a couple of students decided they needed to speak to him, he realised he'd probably get more of a break in the Staff Room where the students weren't allowed, or at least not without asking first. He grabbed his flask and tucked it in his shirt pocket, normally it wouldn't have fit, but he had a charm placed so that the pocket was larger than it seemed and so no outline of the flask could be seen from the outside. It also fit his wand easier that way.

He went straight to the tea when he entered the staff room, not really paying attention to who else was in the room, once he poured himself a cuppa, leaving enough room in the mug to add a little something extra, he looked around for a seat and noticed Evelyn. Which of course meant that she was probably there subbing, since she wasn't a face he saw every day, he decided to actually go over and ask how she was doing, that and he was bored and tired of talking to only kids the first half of the day.

"Mind if I join you?"

Ministry ☆ Corrupt Auror, Socialite✩ Kirupachi
29 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

The mildest of ear twitches escaped through Evelyn's composed facade as she picked up on someone minimally focusing on her, courtesy of a passive, yet forever present, employment of Legilimency. It seemed that she wouldn't be so lucky as to avoid having her task interrupted and she mentally reminded herself she should've known better than to hope for such a silly thing in that school. A deep breath followed the sound of Rhys' steps heading towards her, and after a few she looked up.

'Ah, he got himself some tea. All is forgiven.'

"Of course not, Mr. Barrows. I've been sitting here by myself for so long, I was actually starting to think you were going to stand me up." The joke escaped without much effort as a welcoming smile spread through the half-Veela's lips in greeting. "I must say, however, that this is quite the odd place for a date. I understand the need to try new things, but I hope you have something interesting in your mind."

With the ice breaker out of the way, the blonde set her pen down upon the half corrected sheet of paper. It happened to be her daughter's assignment, and the only one she didn't mind having last longer than the others in the first place - the girl had a bright future ahead of her, though Evelyn hoped she wouldn't stray too far out of Narragyambie upon graduation. "I don't mean to be rude by saying so, but you look like you're just about done with the day as is."