Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
November, 2019 :: Spring

Narragyambie ☆ Owner of Charm-Me-Not✩ Kirupachi
29 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Jo was preparing something. Ashley could feel it in her bones. She would face repercussions for her prank (or, more accurately, lack thereof) sooner rather than later, as the forever present war in the Estrada household continued - except, at that point, with a few innocent bystanders. The woman couldn't help finding it deeply ironic that she ended up as the unofficial guardian to four different girls over the course of a year, and most of which weren't even her fault: only Caroline had been, and fortunately, the girl had her head set on straight and was giving her best both in school and college. The rest? She owed it all to Jo.

Renee had been a problem ever since the Auror met her, and she pressured Ashley into giving the troublemaker access into the family warehouse. And, as of a few months, the Dhampir adopted Danielle and Faith. It was quite the ironic adoption - not only did Ashley take care of those two more efficiently than her beloved sister did, but she was starting to grow fairly certain that Danielle was the adult in the house. She didn't partake in the shenanigans between the Estrada sisters and was fairly responsible, and such factors were what ultimately led Ashley to entrust the Bourke with the house that night as she headed out for a drink.

Sitting at the far end of the counter, she ordered a drink and kept to herself, chin resting upon her fist as she lightly sipped at the alcoholic beverage. It wasn't the first time she had found herself in the Drunken Roo since the adoptions. With Jo away at work most of the responsibilities fell on Ashley, something she was used to, yet she did need relief from the workload every now and then. Surely Faith was in good hands, with Danielle insisting they placed Tallygarunga-grade protections around the home; Ashley had earned a little time for herself...

Professor Teaching Staff ☆ ProfessorBach
31 year old Halfblood Human ☆ he/him

Rhys enjoyed any excuse to get away from the school, sure in some ways it was nice being home the last few years and having a steady reliable income, but teaching hadn't really been his lifelong dream either. Granted, in all fairness, he hadn't really had any lifelong dreams where a career was concerned, which explained the years he spent travelling and going from one con to another. His grandparents were happy to have him around though, and deep down Rhys really did enjoy making his grandparents happy, even if they spent a large chunk of his childhood disappointed in him or annoyed at him.

After grading more papers than he cared to, and helping some students during one of their study halls, Rhys decided it was time to unwind at the Drunken Roo for a bit. He had no more classes that day, so he didn't see any harm in it. Between spending the a good chunk of his twenties in either the US or the UK, the last few years had been a bit of an adjustment back to the seasons of the southern hemisphere. It was like being stuck in a reverse mirror, everything backwards from how his body had gotten used to things. Summer was winter, spring was autumn, at least he liked the weather reasonably well enough all things aside.

Rhys walked into the bar and went straight to the counter, ordering a double fire whisky on the rocks. He paused, then pulled out more money from his wallet and set it on the counter.

"Actually, just go ahead and leave the bottle." Then he looked to his right and noticed Jo. "Hey Ash, how are things at your shop?"

Narragyambie ☆ Owner of Charm-Me-Not✩ Kirupachi
29 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Ashley didn't need to look up from her beverage to see whom had just joined her by the bar counter - not that she knew who it was on the spot, but because she didn't really concern herself with it much at all. It was either someone masochistic enough to deal with her at that time of the day while she took refuge in the sweet shelter of alcohol, or some poor sap who didn't know better than hit on her at that time. It turned out to be the former, as she recognized the voice that reached her ears as that of a former colleague.

"How are things at the store? Is that really the only ice breaker people have nowadays? Disappointing." She took a light sip of her own drink, stirring the glass lightly with her hand afterwards. Just a couple months earlier the Headmaster of Tallygarunga had asked her that very same question in that situation, but at least she could afford to be a little less respectful to a former coworker than she had to be to a former boss and the one that looked after her niece. 'Not like Dani takes Divination, either.'

"But to answer your question, if I'm here, my establishment has clearly been set ablaze." Came the sarcastic reply. Another sip, and then the glass was put down on the wooden counter, still holding most of the liquor Ashley had been served a few moments earlier. "And I suppose I'm using the insurance money to ensure I need a new liver."

She let out a sigh and straightened her posture. "What about yourself, Mr. Barrows? Hopefully your students are being more eloquent than yourself lately, or else I should probably go back to Tallygarunga temporarily to set them straight."