Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
December, 2019 :: Summer

Tally Staff ☆ School Nurse✩ Tecri
25 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

The school had been interesting in the past few days, aside from the accident where two students got severely injured, someone decided to curse the chairs, which forced her and every nurse in that school to work overtime with all the injured kids that showed up that day. They all had minor injuries, bruises mostly and no one was severely injured, outcomes of a normal prank, prank that forced Liv to tie the chair to the desk after it had escaped from her a second time. During that day, Liv wished she could have talked to the culprits and give them a piece of her mind, she was tired from all the work, but now, thinking about the prank, it was a fun one, no doubt it had to be a Spencer thing, those kids and their imagination never ended, every year they always came up with new things.

She was glad that all the commotion was over and the Hospital Wing went back to being the quiet refuge of most students, she didn’t mind, she enjoyed having the company of the most quiet and shy kids, they always had interesting things to tell her and she enjoyed playing games with them, or with those that didn’t mind playing against her. That day things were different, everything was abnormally calm, and no one was showing up, perhaps something more interesting was happening around school. Liv didn’t bother much, it was her job to stay there all day.

The young half-veela picked up some candy from the top drawer and started to eat some of them while she opened a game manual to read the rules, maybe if she played alone against herself, or convinced a ghost to play with her. She could get the hang of it for the next time the kids show up, and, with a ghost she could always do the victory dance without making them sad, they were already dead, however, for the time being was better if she played alone.

What could go wrong?

She set the board on her desk and started to play the game, eventually arguing with herself as she continued. Maybe no one could hear her, or maybe that was enough to draw the necessary attention for a gaming partner, hopefully a teen that was trying to escape the commotion that usually takes place in every area of the school except the Hospital Wing. 

It didn't take long for her to hear a noise, she got up to look at who it might be. "Hello? May I help you?"

Professor Teaching Staff ☆ ProfessorBach
31 year old Halfblood Human ☆ he/him

Teaching wouldn't have been Rhys's first, second, third, fourth, fifth, hell as far as he'd been concerned when he graduated Tallygarunga, it wouldn't have even made a list if that list had been a hundred items long. He'd been reasonably content travelling all over, conning muggles in his spare time, occasionally even giving genuinely accurate tarot card readings. The thing was, despite his rough around the edges personality, he did truly love his grandparents, so when they asked him to come home and that his grandfather had helped get him a position as the Divination professor, he felt he couldn't say now. Granted, at the time he was also incredibly broke and not in a great place, which had made the decision at the time seem easier. Now that he was actually teaching, some days he looked back on that decisions and cursed himself, other times, somewhere deep down in a place he'd never admit out loud to anyone, he kind of liked shaping young minds. There were certainly worse jobs.

The biggest struggle had been that technically speaking, Rhys wasn't the best role model for young impressionable minds. Granted, Rhys only saw that about himself to a lesser degree than perhaps the truth of things. He did honestly do his best not to smoke around the students, and if he drank, he tended to keep it disguised in things that looked to be just tea or coffee, or in a flask hidden in a locked drawer of his desk. Sure he was a complete wanker at times, but he could at least pretend he played by the rules.

One might think that Divination would be a generally harmless profession, and in theory, it was, but Rhys had a tendency to be reckless, and after his last class had gone, while putting away some of the crystal balls, he dropped one. In the process of cleaning it up, he managed to cut his hand, in an attempt to quickly stop the bleeding, he made the mistake of momentarily forgetting just how shit he was at healing spells of any sort. Somehow he managed to make his hand bleed worse so, grabbing a rag and wrapping his hand up in it, he headed towards the hospital wing, cursing under his breath as he went.

When he heard her voice, for a moment he considered leaving, just dealing with it on his own, it couldn't bleed forever, could it. He sighed and walked in the rest of the way.

"Well, since you asked so nicely, I suppose I can let you help me." He said with a cheeky grin.

She couldn’t believe her luck, se was starting to think that her day was going to go quiet with nothing else to do but to read the instructions of a game alone. She watched the Professor and her lips stretched into a smile. His visits to the hospital wing were scarce, and her visits to the other parts of the school were pretty much non-existent as she enjoyed the hospital wing more, but she never said no to a visitor from the other side. Maybe she could convince him to play with her? She would have loved that, fresh meat to the loser list.

She approached him softly. “Mr. Barrows, hello.” She finally reached the man and looked at his hand before looking at his face. What was he saying? Did he believe she was going to let him leave now? “Oh, you will let me?” her eyes fixated on his face; a slight displeased expression appeared on her face. It was her job, even if he didn’t, she was going to find a way to figure out what was in his hand or what he had done to it.

“C’mon, show it, I won’t bite. You have my word.” She stretched out her hand for him to give him hers, she needed to see what she was dealing with. Normal injury? Or was it worse? Last time someone was in the hospital wing was because they fell, cracked their head open and there wasn’t enough magic to treat everything at the same time. She was sure it wouldn’t be as serious as Lisa’s injury, or else he wouldn’t be standing, right? Liv wasn’t even too sure about that after everything she had witnessed.  

Right, of course, if she was going to be any help he was going to actually have to show her his hand. It wasn't like he hated asking for help, though in some ways it was exactly just that. He'd bandaged his hand up best he could, which basically involved an old tie and some tissue, fortunately, the spell he'd tried to fix the initial cut didn't backfire so bad that it was bleeding profusely and rapidly, just a slow bleed that didn't seem to ever stop. 

He held his hand out towards her, it hurt but only enough to make his normal broody face extra broody.

It was embarrassing being bad at something that he felt should be easy, but he couldn't leave his hand slowly bleeding indefinitely. He rubbed the back of his neck with his good hand.

"I uh, some bloody crystal balls fell and busted everywhere, I cut my hand cleaning it up, thought I'd try and fix it on my own but, well, as you can see I'm rubbish at healing magic. Damn thing won't stop bleeding now."

Liv couldn’t stop a smile from appearing on her lips as she watched the man. All that secrecy for a simple accident. Anyone could let a crystal ball fall and eventually break it, it wasn’t a new event either, considering the number of kids that decide to play with knives, just to end up there, Liv always telling them that next time she won’t use magic, that she will use a proper needle the sew the cut. The threat was nothing but a threat, it was empty, Liv wouldn’t have it in her to hurt another soul, especially if it was a young child.

“Accidents happen Mr. Barrows. Maybe next time you can stop by here before making it worse.” He held his hand as gently as she could to exam it. He could have used magic to clean the mess in the first place, perhaps he had forgotten where he was working, where everyone has access to magic and to all the beautiful things it can do.

Her hand hanged over the man’s and slowly the cut began to disappear, the slip away as the skin went back to what it used to be and there wasn’t even a single mark after the procedure, and it looked like new. “May I suggest the usage of magic to clean the crystal from the ground next time it happens?” she didn’t let his hand go, she continued to hold it. She doubted the man would even consider listening to her opinion on the matter, but could she even let him go like that? With no form of assistance? No, she couldn’t.

“It’s as good as new. Please be careful Mr. Barrows, I’d prefer you to keep both hand and all your fingers.” She joked lightly at the situation, hopping that he would find her little joke about the situation minimally amusing.

The physical pain didn't bother him, he'd felt worse in his life, especially in his early childhood at the hands of his father, it was the pride that hurt the most. He hated asking for help, and he hated even more when it was in something he felt he should be able to handle, and the fact he couldn't just frustrated him beyond belief.

"Where would be the fun in that though." He said with a teasing grin, and only a slight wince as she turned his hand over and began to use magic on the cut. He chuckled sheepishly as she pointed out that it would have been avoided if he'd just used magic to clean the broken crystal.

"Well you see, there's a reason they call hindsight twenty-twenty." Once she said she was done, he flexed his hand a few times, opening and closing it, he admired anyone good at the healing spells, even if he'd rarely admit that out loud.

"Well now, I had no idea you felt so deeply about my hands and fingers, I promise to try and take better care of them in the future." He said with a slight teasing wink, he wasn't in a hurry to get back to his classroom though, since he didn't have another class to teach for a whole period.

As her magic began stitching the skin gently, her smile grew as the man spoke, she barely needed to look at the hand to work on it. She was used to deeper cuts, especially when kids decided to fly through the windows while trying to control their brooms, it was just another day. One of her hands held the man’s hand a bit stronger than usual, it was a delicate procedure and while she could do it with her eyes closed, she didn’t’ want him to run away with the hand and making it worse. She let go of his hand and stared at Rhys for a while as he moved his hand, and everything seemed to be alright.

“Well, maybe next time it happens you will be using my tip to clean it.” she loved the company, she really did, but she preferred people to visit her without any injuries, not only it was better, she also knew people weren’t sick or in pain.

She chuckled at his comment and shook her head. “I worry about everyone Mr. Barrows. You included, but I prefer that the staff doesn’t lose their hands or fingers on my watch.” She joked lightly at the situation, there was no point in getting overly concerned about something like that. “But, if it happens again you know where to find, I’m always here during classes and on call during weekends and nights.” Unlike many staff members she had her own house but being one of the few nurses she always had to be prepared to go to the school in the middle of the night in case there’s an emergency.

Olivia was about to let the man go his merry way until she had found the perfect person to try her new game. “Do you fancy a board game Mr. Barrows? I have nothing to do and I just brought a new game for the kids, I’m learning how to play it.”