Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
October, 2019 :: Spring

Invite The Me Nobody Knows

Tally Staff ☆ IWP undercover Agent/Enrollments CoordinatorPoppy
45 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ He/Him

There we days when living two lies was more than even he could handle. Pretending to be a criminal that was captured and in some kind of pseudo agreement to pay off his debt to society was something, thankfully, wrapped heavily in the truth. At one point in his much younger life he was all the things that he’d had to show the world at this point. In a lot of ways he was still those things.

As he approached the door to the house he shared with the agent, who was supposedly in control of making sure he toed the lie and behaved in a way that aligned with the wizarding worlds’ opinion of correct behaviour, he had to reign in any of the emotions or issues that had arisen during the job he’d just finished. It didn’t help that breathing in deeply caused the sensation of pain to hit his ribcage.

Just another secret to keep one that was much easier to keep since no female in this house had a reason to see him without his top on.

Raising his wand Ash tapped in the pattern that allowed people who knew it too gain access to the door and get into the house. Pushing the door open and stepping inside, kicking it closed behind him.

“I’m home.” he called; knowing that at this point Elektra should be the only person inside the house. The first other living creature besides himself that he saw was one of the cats who sauntered by in a very cat like way.

There was something wrong.

Placing the bag he was holding, one that contained groceries which was his cover for leaving the house on the floor. Turning around his eyes fell on the one thing is the room that was setting off his ‘something is wrong’ radar. The file on the table he knew. He knew it well.

“Shit.” he muttered too himself before heading over towards the folder. Where the hell did it come from? How did it get on the fucking table in his damn living room?

All he had to do now was wait for the storm that would no doubt come rumbling out from where ever in the house she currently presided.

Tally Staff ☆ IWP Undercover Agent, Receptionist, Former Quidditch Star★ LilyCat
33 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

A day to herself was a rare thing for Elektra, and she'd been looking forward to doing something a little different with her hair before then simply relaxing a while. Maybe some yoga before going for a jog or something. Her shoulder would never heal properly, which meant the definite end of her Quidditch career for good, but she could find some other active pursuits she supposed. She had thought she might look into such today, at least until she saw the large thick envelope that had been slid beneath the front door. Confused, she'd picked it up and opened the door to look around, but whoever had delivered it had already gone, and so she opened it to take a peek, only to see that it was a full IWP file with Ashkar's name... or multiple names, on it.

This led to a conundrum of a sort for the woman. Clearly it had been slipped there for a reason. The note attached to the front very specifically told her that she needed to read it. And Ele had a feeling that if she did open it up and read through it then she was probably going to be very unhappy, or very upset, or the most likely scenario was both. Things had finally calmed down again for them though, even though Ash was still completely either ignorant or oblivious to the fact that she felt the same way he did - despite her having basically said so months ago.

It was too much to want to think about in the moment, and so Elektra decided to do her hair first. She could decide what to do about the file afterward. She was really too tired of receiving surprises that pissed her off.

As it turned out, the sound of Ashkar's return just as she finished doing her hair meant that perhaps there was a chance of doing this without her having to become yelling mcyellington the angry partner now. She made her way from her room with her brows raised toward Ash as he seemed to stare at the folder. Clearly, he knew what it was, and what was contained within. She didn't say anything right away though, simply getting herself a can of spiced rum and cola from the fridge, before opening it and taking a sip as she walked over to the table where she took a seat and set a hand on the file, drawing it toward herself while looking at it.

"So, I haven't opened it yet. I don't suppose you want to tell me anything before I do? You know, clear the air before I probably see something that I'm not going to like? It was delivered specifically to me after all, and you are supposed to be my charge," Elektra tilted her head as she turned her gaze up toward Ashkar then, brows raising as she waited to see whether he would tell her himself whatever it was in here that she probably wasn't going to be happy about or not.

Tally Staff ☆ IWP undercover Agent/Enrollments CoordinatorPoppy
45 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ He/Him

Ash’s eyes didn’t leave the file for what felt like a long time. He knew exactly what it was, knew how deep a hole that just opening would blow. The thing he had no idea about was how the hell it ended up on the damn table in the house he lived in. Someone within the company must have placed it here, but who and, more importantly, why? He ran a few fingers over the edge and noticed that it had yet to have been opened. Did that mean that Ely hadn’t realized it was there? If that was the case then he had a small window of time to remove it without her knowing.

That window closed when he heard her footsteps. Turning his head slightly, fingers slipping off the thick file as his eye brows knitted together at the site of her. She had dyed her hair, colours she used to have in her hair. Though that was years ago when she last had that look. What was the cause of the thrown back with hair colour? His eyes went back to the unopened file. Well, it wasn’t that; yet.

He followed her with his eyes as he walked around the kitchen, sorting herself out a drink and then perching herself on the chair across from him. Then she spoke, telling him the things he’d already deduced by himself. His eyes went back down to the file down being touched by her fingers, and back up too her eyes.

“If it was left for you then you should read it, though,” he said with a sigh “For the sake of honesty and not arguing I can tell you that this file contains information about me and my place within the international wizarding police.” turning around he picked up the bag of groceries he’d left by the kitchen door “I’m not your charge. The problem is I am not allowed to discuss everything out right. So you need to read it for the conversation too happen.” making his way to the cabinets he started putting things away.

“Your hair looks nice; I always liked it that way.” he stated, shutting the cabinets when he finished putting things away.