Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
December, 2019 :: Summer

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Spencer Quidditch Team Seeker, Pro Wrestler✩ Kirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Just one day after a rather exhausting conversation she'd had in her own home, Amber was practically forced to tackle another one - that time with her cousin, Ezekiel. The excuse had been, at first, for the two and Samantha to hang out; however, as they grew to need privacy, they ultimately dropped Samantha off at Keira's home so the pair could hang out (after some passive aggressive texts from the older women about never getting any visitors, of course). They retraced their steps to the park they had been in just half an hour before under semi-pleasant weather. Luckily they had no magpies to dodge on the way there.

Silence had befallen them. It was awkward, and it was nagging at Amber's core. Even in her low points such as what she had been experiencing for a month silence bothered her quite a bit. She always lived for noises, spectacle and to have her attention ripped away from place to place. With that in mind, she cleared her throat after catching herself from lightly tripping on the gravel of the walkway within the park proper.

"Shit." She grumbled before speaking up, disappointed at having lost her balance so easily. At least she didn't fall to the ground. "Well, let's not beat around the bush, eh, Ezekiel Bread? Just hit me with all ya got, already went through a round of 'the talk' yesterday anyway." She raised two fingers in each hand and curled them twice so to emphasize her displeasure for the notion.

VMU Students ☆ VMU Student✩ Tecri
19 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ He/Him

Zeke knew Amber was not herself, perhaps the events that took place in Narrie were getting to her, or maybe it was something else, Zeke couldn’t tell for sure what it was that was bothering the young Spencer, but he could tell it was draining her, mostly emotionally. The walk back to the park was quiet, he didn’t open his mouth and neither did she, the fact that he had no idea how to approach the situation was one of the reasons. Be blunt and have her walk out him, be a bit more delicate and risk the fact that she would pretend she wasn’t understanding, it wasn’t an easy choice, he had to try the one in between, hopefully, that would help.

Before he could even say anything Amber went ahead. He smiled at her and nudge her arm lightly before trying to formulate a coherent sentence that didn’t’ make her run away from him. “Okay…what’s up with you?” as much delicate as he wanted, the only thing he spoke was not as delicate as he wanted it to be. “I know you’re not yourself lately, and I’m worried. What happened? Was it the murder?” it was one of the few things that had changed over time, he didn’t even consider other variable, so he assumed it was it. It had to be it right?

“You can’t do everything on your own Amber.” He wrapped his arm around her, like he usually did with Sam. “And I’m the last person that can judge, trust me on this one.” As someone who had no idea what to do with his life, Zeke couldn’t really judge others, but maybe give an unsolicited advice that could prevent others from feeling like time was passing by and he was just there, watching it pass and not deciding what he wanted to do. Amber was smart, she probably wouldn’t fall in the same pit he did, but if she was near it a warning could prevent it.

Despite Amber ripping off the proverbial band-aid as quickly as possible, it didn't mean she wasn't apprehensive about the conversation about to take place. In fact, she felt an inkling of nervousness accumulating in her gut and making her feel severely uncomfortable, but as everything else in her life she kept rolling with it. She had already felt like a fish out of water in her conversation with Sibylla just the day before and had survived it, what else could Ezekiel throw at her in comparison? If anything, the woman knew her better than him and knew which buttons to push far better than he could ever hope to.

"That wasn't it... At least, it wasn't the main thing or anythin'. Just the straw that broke the camel's back." She'd had some time to digest the matter since the day before. Thinking wasn't at all her strongest suit but speaking of it aloud had helped her put some pieces of the puzzle together, making the situation slightly more painless than it normally would have been. "There's been a lot on my plate, is all. Who knew the local court jester could have stuff goin' on?"

The harshness of Amber's words surprised the very girl that uttered them. Brows furrowed in confusion as they kept walking through the park, but she ultimately shook her head and cast her gaze downwards. "Err, I mean... The gist of it is that it's hard for me to talk about stuff. It piles up and up and up and then it goes kaboom, yeah?" She moved her hands so to emulate a slow explosion as she spoke. "Thought I just needed a breather but it's not getting much better, so... I'unno."

There was a lot more going on than Zeke had anticipated, the way Amber was talking it seemed that things have been taking a turn for the worse for a long long time and now it seemed that it was going to take a lot more time to fix, if she had been more open about her own issues but Zeke would have been able to help her sooner, or maybe not, depended a lot on the nature of her problems. “You’re not the local court jester Amber.” Zeke always saw Amber as goofy but never as a jester. She wasn’t giving herself enough credit to begin. “You shouldn’t let those things affect you Amber. You’re not entertainment to make people laugh.”

Talking about one’s problems was hard on everyone, some simply had an easier time sharing, but it didn’t mean that it wasn’t hard for them to speak out. “You someone you can trust to let it all out Amber. It’s not good to keep things inside.” Everyone did, even him, but that wasn’t about the young man, it was about his cousin that seemed to need some help, help that apparently, he couldn’t give her. “Take some time to yourself, forget about everyone else Amber.” He pulled his cousin closer to him, to kiss her on the head, maybe it didn’t help, maybe it did, but he wanted her to know that he was there for her whatever was troubling her.

“You don’t need to tell me anything, if you don’t want to, but you don’t need to worry about how it sounds or how it looks. We’ve all made mistakes and we’ve always felt overloaded and broken.” In his limited wisdom, Zeke tried to reach out to the girl, it wasn’t going to be easy breaking through that, but he was going to try. He couldn’t bare to see his cousin like that, it was almost like the same thing that made her special was slipping away.

Amber wasn't entertainment to make people laugh? The statement took the Spencer aback, and effectively got her attention as her gaze turned to Ezekiel while they walked down the beaten path. What was he talking about? Being a living, breathing form of entertainment was her life's purpose. It hit her then that he didn't know her much at all - that, or, his expectations for the girl were such that he refuse to acknowledge that fact. It stung quite a bit, yet she couldn't hold it against him. He was only proving her right: most people only bothered to sink to a surface level with her, regardless of kind words thrown her way.

She was normally one to have little to no physical touch barrier, feeling awfully at home when someone would pull her in; however, the reeling from that phrasing was such that she couldn't help it being quite stiff with Ezekiel's hold. Nevertheless, she didn't resist. "Everyone says they're up to talkin' it out with me, but honestly, most of the time it really comes across they don't know what the hell they're gettin' themselves into there. That or they're saying that just because." It had felt like a punch to the gut. She had always been quite resilient, but emotional damage was a whole different ball game, especially while she was down. "I get y'all care, but..."

She looked away and released a frustrated sigh. It was difficult talking about it. It had been difficult to talk to Sibylla about things as well. It irked her that the people who cared about her the most were also the hardest ones to vent to. "...I'unno. It's just hard to put things into words when I don't even know what to think half the time. It ain't my forte."

He couldn’t understand her frustrations, she wasn’t the town’s clown; Amber was much more than that and he couldn’t understand her reaction to his words. The difference in behaviour had changed and Zeke felt a bit like a fish out of the water, talking wasn’t his expertise and he wasn’t the type of person to give motivational talks, a pat on the back, a high five, maybe a fist bump were his things, but the way the conversation was turning, it looked like he was going to need a lot more than that to be able to help his cousin.

“Then why don’t you tell me what I’m getting myself into? Amber people won’t know unless you tell them.” He was such an hypocrite, talking like he knew how to do it, but this wasn’t the time to talk about how poorly equipped he was to help his cousin.

“I can’t blame you for it Amber, but you’re alone.” He could understand her feeling about it, not being able to express her feelings or thoughts, it wasn’t easy being forthcoming with them. “Let’s start easy, alright? You don’t have to talk to me when you don’t want to, so let’s take baby steps.” Was that even going to work? He knew that if he was forced to speak, he’d shut so hard that to be able to open that can again was going to take more than the normal effort.

“Tell me one thing that’s bothering you and we can start there. Small steps.” Was he failing as a cousin? Perhaps. That’s the last thing he wanted, he wanted to be there for Amber the same way he was there for Sam, but he couldn’t help her if he was ignorant about her issues and he didn’t want to push them deeper inside with being insistent about her telling him.

Amber didn't have to talk if she didn't want to, yet Ezekiel was pressuring her to do so. They were towing a dangerous, thin line yet the Spencer couldn't blame the boy for it at all. In fact, she would likely have done the same - much like him, she wasn't equipped to have a one on one emotional talk, yet she'd have done her darnedest to cheer him up if their roles were switched. It made her feel guilty about withholding information to begin with despite the deep sense of discomfort in even trying to share anything.

"It's... a lot of things..." She finally relented, letting herself relax somewhat against the arm around her as they continued in their path. "Like I said. I don't know where to begin. Hell, I don't even know what's the beginnin'... S'a bit suffocating at times, honestly." Even if she could flick a switch and go on about her day, the moment she turned that switch off it was as if someone effectively shut her down completely. She was aware it had grown noticeable - if it hadn't, Sibylla wouldn't have cornered her about it during a conversation about possible groceries the Spencer could pick up for the house while going out.

Lips pursed as her gaze fixed itself on her own two feet which threatened to drag themselves rather than properly walk, such was the heaviness of the topic. "...Well, I guess I can start here... Might as well gun for the elephant in the room. In the park?" Her eyes momentarily flickered upwards as she pictured an invisible elephant near them, but her imagination's escapade was quickly curbed by the knot tying itself in her stomach and she quickly looked down once more.

"...It's really hard to talk t'family, in particular. So, you. I just... I guess I don't wanna disappoint you guys more than I probably already have."

The more they continued the more Zeke grew worried about Amber. His inexperience, or lack of proficiency in, caused the situation to become more and more uncomfortable for the both of them, him because he wanted to help, but couldn’t exactly know to how, nor he knew how to read between the lines, and Amber, who didn’t seem like she wanted to talk and with Zeke pressuring her, things were only going to get more awkward between them. She soon relaxed and he didn’t feel compelled to remove his arm from around her, only squeezing her a little tight almost as to show his support and affection towards his cousin. Zeke was worried, but he would do anything to be able to understand what was going on with her without forcing her to blurt out words she didn’t want to.

Her voiced called his gaze towards her as she spoke. The slight joke about the elephant in the park made him smile, but not for long as she proceeded to finally tell him and what hurt him was that she thought she was a disappointment. Why would she even consider such a thing? Zeke stopped and his arm pulled Amber closer to him. He was not the right person to be sentimental, or to even talk about that, and he surely wasn’t the best person at showing affection towards anyone, but it still hurt that she thought like that. Mostly because it seemed to cause her distress.

“You’re not a disappointment Amber, not now nor you will ever be.” His words probably didn’t do much, but he felt that it was important to voice them. Amber was one of the best people he knew, her heart was big enough to fit everyone in it. “I don’t think you can ever disappoint us Amber, at least you’ve never disappointed me.” He gave her another squeeze. He was trying to be the best cousin she deserved, and he was failing miserably at it. “You don’t have to please everyone, as long as you’re happy and you do what fills your heart with joy, that’s strength and I’m proud of you for it.” sure people had expectations, but fuck people, a person should do what makes them happy.

“Whatever it is that you think that you’ve done, that might have disappointed us, or will disappoint us, I can assure you, it won’t.” Amber still seemed like she was trying to avoid telling Zeke everything, but for now he was happy that she had told him that. His words might not have helped much, which in a way made her slightly thoughtful about how he could stop her from feeling like that.

The pair stopped in their tracks, much to Amber's surprise. She looked at Ezekiel briefly before she was brought closer - she wasn't going to complain about the embrace at all, and in a way it felt reassuring that he wanted to provide such comfort, but in a way it felt strange that it was his immediate reaction to do so when she started to spill the beans. Sibylla had done the same. Were they taking pity on her, or was it genuine? The insecurity made her stomach leap uncomfortably and she found that she couldn't fully enjoy the hug as she would normally.

"S'easy for ya to say. Not offense, I'm sure you mean it, but... At the same time it just kinda feels like the stock reply everyone's wired t'say is all." Amber had the exact same conversation the day before. At that point she was starting to feel like a broken record. Perhaps it was a matter that just needed to be discussed with different viewpoints and digested over a long time? Nevertheless, she half-expected the same brand of response if only because of the similar connection.

"Though... I appreciate it, really." She continued even if she didn't entirely believe his words. How on Earth would he not be disappointed over her choosing wrestling as a path? Gemini and Sibylla were quite supportive of it, sure, but she also saw them far more often than she did her cousin. They also knew her better. Perhaps they thought there was nothing to be done and just went along with it, and Ezekiel wouldn't be so accepting of the future Amber was forging for herself.

"Sounds pretty weak 'o me though, doesn't it? You'd think I'd have more of a spine than what I'm showin' now." Being minimally aware that they were blocking the path for others, Amber lightly pulled Ezekiel closer and out of the way so they could stand at the edge of the path. She was already bugging the boy with her problems, she didn't need it to ripple out to annoy others.

A stock reply? Zeke wasn’t entirely sure what she meant like that, but it seemed to be affecting her, even if she believed his words there was something on her comment that made him wonder if she actually felt that or if there was something else nagging at her. People saw and interpreted things differently, but he was like a fish out of water, that wasn’t his area and it was upsetting him that she couldn’t help her more, but he was trying. “It’s not a stock reply Amber, even if it sounds like it. Maybe because we all care about you, everything sounds the same.” Zeke couldn’t explain why it sounded like something everyone was saying to her, but he knew everyone cared for Amber and everyone wanted her to know that she wasn’t a disappointment, even if she felt like one.

He smiled gently at Amber, while her words sounded like the words of someone who wasn’t entirely sure if they appreciated it or not. “I mean it Amber.” he knew disappointment, and Amber wasn’t it. She might not be book smart, but she was smarter than most in certain things. “I know what you said but it’s true, you’re not a disappointment and while I do enjoy poking fun at you, that’s all that is.” Maybe he should stop with his jokes about her, maybe that was what was getting to her. 

“Amber, everyone has their weak moments, we can’t always be on top, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have the courage, you’re fighting in your low moment, most people just give up.” he spoke as she pulled him to the side so they could stop blocking the path. Was Zeke being a bad cousin? Amber’s situation and his inability to help were showing him how he needed to step up. “But as much as you’re fighting it, you can’t do it alone Amber. Like i said, I won’t push you for telling me what’s bothering you, but whatever it is I will do what I can.” 

Amber was somewhat like a sister to Zeke, even if they weren’t related by blood he would protect her the same way he’d protect Sam, no questions asked, but he didn’t know how to show it to her that he cared.

A nose wrinkle followed Ezekiel's claim. Of course, Amber knew he was speaking the truth and her own statement wasn't at all the case, even if it felt like it every step of the way - that was what everyone said to anybody in their lives that seemed to be going through a rough patch, regardless of proximity or how equipped they were to deal with the other person's problems. She remembered vividly having thought the same when Sibylla embraced her just the day before, as well as the crushing feeling of guilt it brought upon her to even remotely consider that. Perhaps it was because of not being as close to Ezekiel that she hadn't felt that immediately, but her stomach sooner started to sink the more she thought through her own words.

"Sorry. I guess I just feel like I can surprise you guys with that whole 'there's no way I'd ever be disappointed in ya' thing. Just kinda makes me think, 'dang, they ain't seen nothin' yet'." As they stepped away from the path, the Spencer kicked at a rock by her feet, letting her gaze follow it as it rolled to the other side of the road. It was a momentary distraction from having to look at Ezekiel, and from having to feel the uncomfortable ball of nervousness within with the topic at hand. "I'm sayin' all this shit but... That doesn't mean I don't know or recognize you guys are looking out for me, y'know? It's more... I know it, 'n I see it, but my brain goes 'nope, screw you, I'm not processin' all of that'."

A frustrated sigh was released past her lips and she brought a hand up to scratch her own cheek with the awkwardness. Despite her words, she lightly leaned on the side and onto her cousin, trying to be minimally consciously responsive to his warmth so he wouldn't think she didn't want him to hold her. As she did so, she looked up at the sky, gaze fixated on the roaming clouds that formed all sorts of shapes and none at all, at the same time.

"...I'm thinking of quitting Quidditch." She muttered, completely off topic. An entirely unplanned statement, yet it was something she felt she could let out to Ezekiel. His effort had earned him that little secret, that piece of Amber nobody else was aware of despite her occasional allusions of such a thing on QuillBook. She was serious about it, and it tore her up inside.

Zeke shook his head, whatever surprise Amber could eventually pull off, it couldn’t be a bad one, or a disappointment. Everyone disappoints someone or more people during the course of their lives, but it wasn’t a reason for people to get worried about it. He was trying to understand Amber’s point of view, but he was having a hard time doing so, probably because of his own feelings towards the idea of disappointing someone. Maybe if he was a bit more like her, he wouldn’t be in the situation he found himself into. He looked at her with a soft smiled and chuckled at her comment, she worried too much about it. “I guess I’ll have to remind you more often that you’re not a disappointment nor will you ever be one.”

He scratched the back of his head a bit embarrassed. He was swimming on unknown waters and what he was scared of the most was letting Amber down or saying something he shouldn’t that could hurt her feelings. He was an idiot, and nothing could ever change that feeling that kept nagging him.

Hearing that Amber was thinking of quitting Quidditch was a surprise to him, he thought she loved it, and he thought she enjoyed playing, but what could he do or say? It was her decision and he respected that. “May I ask why?” he asked out of curiosity, he wasn’t planning on stopping her or trying to convince her to continue playing. “I know how much you love it, I’m just curious.” He confessed, hopping that it wouldn’t scare her away. Last thing he wanted was for Amber to feel trapped, and the more trapped she felt the easier it was to lose her. He loved her cousin dearly, but the way she spoke, almost like everything was over hit him that Amber wasn’t happy, or at least she had things going on that he didn’t know, and therefore, couldn’t help her as much as he wanted.

"Hm?" Amber looked down from the skies above to look at Ezekiel once more. Was the way he defined her affinity with Quidditch truly accurate? "Love? I guess so. I do. Or... I did?" Her brows furrowed a little. Her own little utterance was still very much a topic that gave her a headache more often than not, but she had been the one to place herself in that situation to begin with. Letting go of her cousin to stretch out her limbs momentarily. she then moved towards a nearby bench. Climbing onto the seat proper with a foot, the Spencer sat atop the backrest with her other foot dangling straight outwards, not bothering to meet the wood below her.

"S'more accurate to say I love flying. Quidditch's cool 'n all... But I could probably go skydivin' and get the same kick out of it, y'know? And, even then... I'm starting to think 'love' is a bit of a stretch. It's in my nature for sure, but..." The Seeker trailed off, staring off at the gravel before them without bothering to balance herself with her hands on her seat of choice - not that she needed to, with the balance she had practiced over so many years. She wrinkled her nose, lost in thought. Why was it always so difficult for her to verbalize anything that wasn't fairly straightforward?

"...I found there's something that I cherish way more than a broomstick, let's put it that way." She managed to get out after several seconds of contemplation. "I've known it for a while, but you know me. I'm a dumbass 'n try to do everythin' at the same time. But... I don't think my body can take it anymore, and I'm startin' to consider quitting because sometimes you gotta give up on the stuff you like to chase after the stuff you love."

He wasn’t understanding where Amber was going with it, he always thought his cousin loved the game, she was in the team after all, and unlike many people she didn’t seem to be pressured into joining it. But people change, people find other things to love in life, he still hasn’t found his and maybe his cousin was just as lost as he was. Skydiving probably wasn’t the best example when it came to ride on top of a broomstick pretending it was a surfboard, he couldn’t however understand that it was about the adrenaline and not about what one could do. Zeke could understand the love of flying, not being a frequent flyer, he did like to feel the wind on his face whenever, or liked, to be more accurate, university life killed the little social life he had in the past.

“I guess you don’t need to play in order to fly.” He smiled at her. It was amazing how little he knew about Amber, clearly something else was hidden underneath the Amber he knew, but he was ashamed he never really tried to probe in deeper, just giving her space for her to show it whenever she felt more comfortable, and now he can’t even say something to help her.

“Something else?” he was confused, but if whatever she loved more than flying was something she wanted dearly, then he had no other choice than to be supportive of her. “I agree, you should follow what you love and leave what you like as a hobby perhaps.” He didn’t know much about loving something so much, he had no ambition, no aim, but he was there for her, for whatever she needed him. “I guess my only question about it, is, are you happy?” he looked at her curiously, one can love something dearly but not be happy, and in the end it’s not what one loves that’s important, it’s what can make someone happy or not, but if it’s both, then it’s like hitting the jackpot.

“If it makes you happy, and you love it, don’t wait for others to tell you that you should and shouldn’t do. Focus on the prize and fight for it.” motivation speeches were way out of Zeke’s comfort zone, but he had to try and do his best.

"Mm." Amber nodded. A broomstick wasn't at all necessary for the Spencer to fly and achieve great heights - that was, if one wasn't to take the term literally. She had heard many a colleague in her training sessions claim that she could practically lift off from the turnbuckles and fly down towards fellow workers, or at least that certainly was how she looked like whenever putting her signature Shooting Star Press to practice, and that was not including her generally acrobatic wrestling style. And with that flight, she could launch others into heights of fun and euphoria far more frequently and effectively than she'd otherwise be able to with Quidditch. It was a very easy choice to make between the two.

Despite the rather heavy topic and mood threatening to drown the pair, the Spencer had a small smile tear at the corners of her lips as Ezekiel questioned her about whether she was happy or not. Perhaps not at that very moment, but she knew it in her bones that it was like a switch flipped whenever she had to head out to the ring and face the crowd. Beyond the nerves, beyond the knot in her stomach and anxiety over potentially putting her foot in her mouth or injuring someone (or even herself), being able to perform her art in such a stage was what made her feel alive the most out of anything she'd ever experienced up to that point. Happiness went hand in hand with the fact, as she often forgot her problems and put every fiber of her being into the spectacle.

"I don't need ya tellin' me to do that." She spoke up, albeit in good humor. "I've been workin' for it for a good while now. Still gonna go for it no matter what. S'a matter of me figuring out what works and what doesn't, and I'm finding out Quidditch doesn't. It is what it is, eh?" She shrugged. "At least, the interschool team's shot for me. There's no way I can keep myself up to a national standard at this point, somethin's gotta give. Though it's pretty shitty timing if ya ask me, been running myself ragged to join the team the past couple years and I gotta quit the very year I make it to the main roster."

Whatever joy there was in discussing the topic, however, seemed to evaporate as Amber released a sigh. "It all goes back to the whole disappointing thing, though. Sib said there's no way I can disappoint her about it either, she's been... Supportive, really, but I can't help but feel like the stuff I wanna do's gonna disappoint at least a few when the cat's outta the bag, y'know? Like... I know everyone sees me like a kid. I feel like knowing about this will reinforce it."

The smile that Amber gave him when he questioned her tell him everything he needed to know. Whatever it was, it was lodge deep within her heart and it did make her happy, and that’s all he really wanted, for his cousin to do something that she enjoyed and that made her happy, there was no way around it. Even as she started talking, he could hear it, and there was no shame in admitting that what we once thought it made us happy, is no longer doing so. “You need to do what you think is best, I know you worked hard for the spot, but it’s alright to let go when you’re sure you want something else.” Which seemed to be the case. It looked like he wasn’t happy, but he was happy for her, he was happy that she was able to make a decision and not waste her life doing something she thought she would enjoy.

“I’m not going to lie to you Amber.” He stopped talking for a brief moment before, he was too sure how he was going to put it into words but, he had to try. “You’re not going to make everyone proud some people will be judgemental.” He knew it to be true, even if he was proud of her to chase her dream, some people were going to look down on her for it, either because they think it’s wrong, or out of jealousy or just because, there was no escape, but she had to decide if those people are important enough to let their opinion be heard and be taken into consideration.

“Being childish or acting childish doesn’t mean you are a kid.” Zeke ruffled her hair a little bit in a playful manner. “Sometimes you need to act childishly to make everyone around you laugh, or just because life’s so overwhelming that if we don’t let go it will consume us.” Aside from his small pranks on everyone at the house, his main victim wasn’t around as often as he would like, but that was his only way to letting go, but he was being consumed, slowly, day by day he was losing part of what made him, him and was giving himself more to the idea of what he should be.

“And, honestly, knowing when to quit something and follow something you love, admitting that what you thought you liked is not more important, it isn’t childish.”

Amber ducked her head minimally the moment Ezekiel started ruffling her hair through the beanie keeping it in place, not out of minding the act itself, but due to the contrast between what he was doing and what he had just said - for someone who implied she wasn't a kid, he surely was treating her like one with that. It made her mood sink somewhat even if she kept a minimally straight face through it - it came across as if Ezekiel was all talk, the very notion she had brought up earlier which had been brushed aside. Could she truly trust his words at that point? She was starting to think not.

"Maybe what I'm gettin' at is that people shouldn't see what I do as childish in the first place." The proud Spencer countered. "'Cause people see me as a kid, they go 'n automatically assume the stuff I like is just some sorta pipe dream or childish obsession or whatever. S'not the case, you know? I actually know what the hell I'm doin', it's just hard to find people who trust me with the responsibility. Even if ya say that, we both know most people won't think it."

Finally, she managed to make heads and toes of how she felt - she only needed a nudge in the wrong direction. Perhaps her willingness to ditch Quidditch, which was by far her first love in that world, was a sign of maturity. And so was her work ethic, and her unwillingness to give up when facing off against the sheer amount of atrocity and adversity before her in that business. But, even then, she was painfully aware she wasn't half as mature as she was hoping to come across.

'Work in progress...?'

"We're goin' in circles at this point though. You get the point." She was, admittedly, surprised she'd been able to hold a conversation about her occupation without having mentioned it once. Ezekiel had respected her privacy in that subject and she was grateful for it, but felt guilty nevertheless over not including him in that small secret - one that only three people were aware of up to that point from those who knew Amber in person. "The whole quittin' thing is helping with the 'let's mess Amber up' mental knockout squad. I'm gonna do it, but it's still hard."

It depended what she did, not everything a person does is childish, but some things are. Tussling over a piece of cake with a sibling is childish, there was no way to see it as a mature thing, but Zeke was sure that Amber wasn’t talking about tussling with someone over a piece of cake. “I think it really depends what you do, sometimes a person considers something childish because they don’t know about it, or because it was taught to them.” He shrugged looking at her. He wasn’t exactly the role model for Amber to listen to, he was far from it, but that wasn’t the time to start feeling sorry for himself.

“People are complicated, but whatever they say or think you should do what makes you happy. A childish obsession can turn into something great, or do you think we’d have the things today if some people didn’t follow their dream? I bet they were told that it was childish, immature or even impossible.” Zeke didn’t have a solid example to give Amber, but he hoped that she could understand what he meant. “Amber, if people can’t trust you to be responsible, maybe they are the ones that shouldn’t be trusted in the first place, and maybe they are irrelevant.” Trust was a two-way street, Amber was responsible, she just had her ways of doing things, he knew that she could do irresponsible things if it came to her, but if she was in charge of something, she would do everything by the book.

He put his arm around her shoulders and gave her a friendly smile. “How about when you do it we head to the amusement part in Melbourne? You, me and Sam? As a … goodbye to your quidditch life and a hello to your dream?” he suggested. He was sure it would be a thing hard to decline knowing how many attractions that involved going in circles almost to the speed of sound, not his cup of tea, but he could definitely make the effort.  

Amber nodded in agreement with Ezekiel's statement all too quickly. There was a social stigma involved with her career of choice, and that's all it was - most didn't have a clue of the sheer amount of sacrifice and hard work one had to put in to pursue such a craft, and most people couldn't even bear to live the very lifestyle professional wrestling demanded out of anyone looking to take it seriously. Amber had informed herself in what it took before making the plunge. As it turned out, people are willing to sacrifice their very well being to pursue that which they loved more than anything in the world, and that had been Amber's decision. She was willing to put in the work for what most found to be a childish obsession, yet she saw as a method of reaching out to others and put smiles on their faces; and, if anything, it was a way to give back to the art that had gotten her through tough times several years back when her parents passed on.

She had no problem maintaining her balance with her perched up position as Ezekiel placed his arm around her a second time. She didn't reject the hold once again, but her head tilted mildly to the side with his statement. An amusement park outing? That was something they could certainly do anytime - and she'd be more than willing to go, she wanted to let out some steam - but to have it be a goodbye to her Interschool Quidditch team success meant that there was a little problem.

"Ah... About that..." She let out a nervous chuckle before looking away with a modicum of shame showing in her gaze. "Sam, she, uh... She has no idea. She knows less than ya. I mean, I'm sure she's caught up on somethin' going on with her emotionmancy bullshit, but, like... It's not really somethin' we've ever talked about. Y'know? Not sure how to spring this up to her outta know her. 'N you know what'll happen, she'll spend like a full month analyzing my every move or something. Would make it a bit too easy to find out what I'm doing..."

Zeke couldn’t deny Amber’s logic about his sister, if she didn’t know it was probably because Amber didn’t want to tell her yet and as the younger teen had said, Sam would most likely analyse every single move Amber made. There was no easy way out it, but it didn’t mean they still couldn’t go, they would just have to act like it was a normal thing, which by now, they both should be used to Zeke’s randomly appearing to hangout with them, not because he didn’t have friends to hangout with but simply because he cared for the other two more than he cared for half his peers in university.

“If you want, we can just treat it as a normal hangout.” He didn’t like hiding things from Sam, not to mention her tingling senses would probably tell her that there was something up with him, but he could do it for Amber, couldn’t he? All he had to do was keep that thought away from his head and he wouldn’t be too bothered by it, at least, not enough to catch Sam’s attention. “You know how it is when someone hides something from her, but I don’t think this is something she’d be too concerned about.” Or at least he hoped it wouldn’t be something that Sam would worry too much about, he could always be wrong, which was usually the case.

“But I’m also sure that Sam will support you too and that only means she worries, maybe a bit too much.” As much as he loved his sister, he had to admit Sam’s love could be a bit overwhelming sometimes. And watching both younger teens interacting, it’s clear that they both got each other’s back, it was amusing watching how they interacted, at least Zeke thought so. Many people could learn a lot of things from both of them, it was a shame most of them didn’t pay enough attention.  

"That'd be better." Amber nodded, finally agreeing to Ezekiel's suggestion. A proper outing was certainly something they could all properly indulge in and get something out of it - from what she knew the man before her had plenty to do with his college studies, Amber herself was worked to her eyeballs with all the Quidditch, wrestling and running around making sure to uphold all her promises to various people, and Samantha was surely freaking out in some way over juggling school and work even if she hid it all behind her sweet smile. All work and no play made them all dull people and they needed to do something about it.

"Well see, rational me -- and yeah, joke about all ya want -- know what ya mean. She won't give me any crap over it. If anythin' before people started knowin', I'da put my money on her being the one most likely not to give a crap and support me. No offense." The youngest Hammond was too kind for her own good at times, in Amber's opinion. She wasn't one to talk but she was still scared that her cousin would be taken advantage of over it at one point or another.

"Only three people know about it. Sib, Gem, and, uh... someone who helped me with that whole thing." She cleared her throat, barely containing a blush from coloring her face. The day she had obtained her gear was certainly one she wouldn't erase from memory so soon, even if it had been several months before. "Here's hoping I work up the courage to tell ya both one time or another. At this point I guess I'm only coming across as a wuss for not just bein' out with it already. Plus, I'm three for three as is... What harm can it do?"

Despite her words, there wasn't too much confidence in her tone to go with them.

It seemed that just treating it as a normal hangout was good enough to convince Amber. They needed to just relax a little and enjoy their young lives, like he hadn’t been doing so for that past years, just doing whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted without having to worry about the future, which was starting to take over his life. Spending time with his cousin and sister was his way of trying not to think too much about it, he was young, but the pressure he felt into finding something was going to wear him down one day and he won’t be able to take it. He was glad these hangouts helped him get his mind off things as well as spending some quality time with people he liked.

“Sam will support you unconditionally.” He couldn’t talk in his sister’s behalf but that’s how she felt about the younger Hammond. Sam had a good heart, perhaps it was too good and that could get herself into some troubles. The young mand looked up at the sky and then back at his cousin. There wasn’t much he could say, he agreed with her about Sam, his sister was precious, so was Amber, but Sam, Sam was one of the best people he knew.

He didn’t pay too much attention to whoever knew since it was none of his business and whenever she would feel comfortable enough in telling him, he was sure she would so it wasn’t something that would worry him too much. Sure, knowing that Amber didn’t trust him enough, or perhaps, didn’t have enough confidence in him to tell him was a bit hurtful, but he wasn’t completely honest with her either. “It’s okay, don’t worry too much about it, maybe one day. Doesn’t have to be today or tomorrow or three days from now, whenever you feel like you can talk about it, you know I will be here to listen to you.