Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
November, 2019 :: Spring

Flinders ☆ Fourth Year ☆ StudentSilverion
14 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ he/him

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

What's the worst thing that could happen to anyone? Losing their pet. Not losing them in terms of a final departure, but them running off for one reason or another, leaving their owner alone and confused. And alone and confused was definitely a good way to describe Gideon, as he frantically looked around searching for his dog. One moment he was walking the Kookynie Halls with his dog Spot in tow, and after being distracted for a small moment, he heard the pitter patter of his feet far away from him, his visage disappearing completely. He wasn't sure what could have lead Spot to run away, but Gideon knew that it was often because of things that crossed his path. The dog was rather scatterbrain at times.

In his quest, he eventually arrived at the Center Courtyard, his voice echoing across the area. He was becoming desperate, unsure on where he could have gotten. He was thinking of maybe asking a staff member to help him, but he was risking the trail of Spot going cold, and even if they know some sort of spell to help him, his mind was definitely not thinking straight, as he aimed to find the dog himself. "Spot! Spottie! Where are you boy!?" He called out, trying to whistle to get him to appear. He couldn't give up the search, but the concern kept doing nothing but escalate.

Flinders ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Photographer's Assistant, Knitter, Paper Cutter✩ Kirupachi
15 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Gideon hadn't been the only one during that afternoon unfortunate enough to lose their pet, as was standard within the Tallygarunga campus. MJ had purposefully come to school during the break to deliver a few arts and crafts commissioned to her throughout the third term, and as she was about to leave, she saw a Whitlam Bilby professor whom had requested her help looking for a pygmy puff on Tallygarunga grounds while she covered Bilby's. Having no work to do that day, MJ complied and went to look for the little creature.

Unfortunately, she didn't have anything on her that worked to lure in a creature as picky as a pygmy puff, nor anything to more easily spot one as they were such small creatures. In fact, what she saw more easily (as well as heard) was a familiar Flinders student whom was calling out for a 'Spot'. Was that the name of the pygmy puff, or another creature altogether?

"Excuse me, Gideon..." The blonde cleared her throat as she approached her friend. "By any chance, does 'Spot' happen to be a pygmy puff...?" Perhaps they could join forces. She sincerely hoped it was as she didn't want another poor pet to get lost - but, perhaps if it were, she could use magic to emulate a scent to lure it out.

While his search for his dog did not bear any fruit, his calling did manage to attract attention of someone, one of the older Flinders students, and one that Gideon at least knew.  "Ah, MJ! Good thing you are here." He greeted her, before she made her question about the pygmy. "Huh? A pygmy puff? That's my dog." Did she actually know he had a dog? Maybe not if she was asking about it. "Spot is my dog, he's a mix between a corgi and a dalmatian, and he ran off a moment ago! I have been looking for him, but so far I haven't found him yet. I'm starting to get rather worried." And sure enough, the concern was painfully clear in his face.

"But, why a pygmy exactly? Are you looking for one too?" Could there be a reason why these creatures were running off to god knows where? Maybe Gideon didn't know MJ has a pet too. "Maybe we could try searching for both, they couldn't have gone far off, like outside the school. At least, I hope not, Spot is rather clumsy on his own, I don't know if he'd be able to find his way back should be remain alone for far too long."

Flinders ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Photographer's Assistant, Knitter, Paper Cutter✩ Kirupachi

"Oh..." MJ could feel her spirits immediately deflate once Gideon noted 'Spot' was his dog, and not the pygmy puff she had been asked to look for. She didn't know he had one, but once he had mentioned it, she couldn't help feel worried about the disappearance of that poor animal as well. It did go through her mind that Tallygarunga students lost their pets way too often, but there were more pressing matters to think about. 'At least it's a dog, that's much easier to track. It actually makes noise...'

She nodded at the boy's question. "A Bilby teacher has been asking a few students to help..." And as far as she knew, there was a QuillBook post about it too, but she hadn't checked it herself. "In any case, I think I can help you out with that too." Luring a dog was easier than luring a pygmy puff. She didn't know what they ate. It was a glaring flaw in her knowledge as the girl was actually rather educated in the matter of animals of all sorts, and she likely never pursued any knowledge on pygmy puffs due to them being seen as a gag more than anything.

'Goes to show you never know everything.'

"Where did you last see him?" She decided to question, letting her mental gears spin. "Do you have any treat on you that Spot's used to? That might help." They could amplify the scent with magic. It might attract other animals, but one of them was bound to be Spot, right?

"Really? Oh geez, that must have been one elusive pygmy. Maybe we can try searching for both, it would double our efforts, after all." He didn't want to pressure MJ into stop her own quest for this pygmy for his sake, the least he could do is offer to help her in her endeavor as well. But at least she did offer to help him herself, which made him feel a bit more calmed. "Heh, thank you MJ, I definitely owe you one." A small smile appeared on his face, as he began to look around.

"Well, you see, I was at the Kookynie Halls, hearing his pitter patter next to me as we walked. At one moment I got distracted, and suddenly his walking became more distant for some reason. I turned back too late, and I saw his frame disappear as he took some turn. I tried to run and follow him, always barely missing with every turn. Last thing I saw of him was him heading to this direction, but I completely lost his trail in this area." He explained himself. "And, uuhh... I don't have treats for him. Or at least, not made specifically for him." With that, he took off a small package of sweet, circular cracker cookies from his pocket. "These cookies aren't dangerous for a dog to consume. They are... mine. But I shared some bites with him! He likes them a lot."

A small smile crossed MJ's lips as well with the display of gratitude, and she shook her head. "Don't worry about it." Part of her was holding onto the faint hope of both animals being found together, though she knew that not to be too realistic. Plus, dogs were carnivores; given how small the pygmy puff was, it would be likely that Spot would consume the poor creature instead of befriending it. 'And that's a mental image I didn't need.'

As Gideon went on about how Spot first went missing, the blonde looked around, eyes nearly as keen as an eagle's from years of survivalism as a hobby, trying to catch anything suspicious out the corner of her vision. Luck, however, was not by their side. Instead she ultimately retrieved her wand from its holster. It was a potentially dangerous tactic, but for the time being it was the best they could do.

"That would be enough. Would you mind parting with one?" Wand at the ready, she held out a hand to receive the treat. Dogs were creatures with a gifted sense of smell; if she were to greatly enhance the scent of food, it was likely at least some creature would pick up on it.