Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Oliver

Invite my kind of trouble

Melbourne ☆ Apothecary CashierKay
17 year old Pureblood Human ☆ her/she

It had been a rather disappointing break.  Frankie was not sure if she was glad to be back or if she wanted to simply get out of here like she had before.  The only thing she really did know was that she had planned to meet Orion.  The problem with him being in a different house was it was much harder to sneak around to spend time with him.  Not that she really cared at this point the idea of them being stuck in life after they graduated was something that had started to bother her.  She knew if anyone knew what that felt like it would be Orion.  She had not been able to share how she felt.  There was no one to talk to anymore. 

They had agreed to meet at F3 afterhours.  She was not looking forward to being stuck in her dorm, she also was not sure if they were going to end up at that party.  Frankie didn’t really want to go at this point.  She would have preferred just spending time doing what she and Orion usually did when they snuck around campus.  It was never anything Fancy but with how Frankie had been feeling she was not really interested in spending a lot of time around people.  People didn’t seem to notice her slip out, or the way she headed to the building.  Frankie smiled. 

There was something nice about the quiet on the grounds this evening and she smiled as she saw the familiar outline.  ”Have you managed to stay put of trouble this week?”  She asked.  Though she already sort of knew the answer.  ”I hope you brought it because its been a hell of a week for me.”  She said with a smiled. 

Repository ☆ Seventh Year Angie
17 year old Halfblood Human ☆ He/Him

Orion was starting to get used to routine again. It was something his father probably would insist upon, given that his mother had never been one for routine in her life. But his father was just a giant prat to him, so... Orion was perfectly content to toe the line of inappropriate behavior as far as routine went. He was perfectly happy to just jump over the line, but that would lead to things like his father being called. Or, worse, one of his siblings. It still struck him as odd to have siblings, but he was starting to get used to it. Maybe.

Inhaling deeply and glancing upwards, he realized that he was the one that was early now. He wasn't known for even being punctual, so this was something new for him. Sneaking out of the common room had been easy enough. All he needed was a bit of swagger and that arrogant Karras smirk and he was able to slip willy-nilly.

Glancing up as Frankie appeared, he stood a little straighter, the smirk reappearing on his face. "Me? Out of trouble? You're dreaming." So was everyone else that had that wish in mind. He'd only been late to half of his classes that week. He'd skipped two entirely. Hopefully nobody would notice because, well, he frankly did not give one iota of a damn. 

"Awww, rough week?" he asked her. Digging inside the pocket of his trousers, he located the bundle and hauled it out. "Got it from my favorite islander yesterday. It's still quite fresh. You sure you want to dabble?" One thing about the magical community he'd come from was the impressive level of trust when it came to magical herbs.

Frankie rolled her eyes at him.  ”It was a rough week.”  Not that Frankie elaborated on why or how it had been a rough week but she frankly didn’t care.  It had been something out of a stressful teenage after school special honestly.  She had felt the pressures more and more.  Even with this just being the first month.  ”I can’t wait for the Easter holidays.”  was all she said to him.  She let out a small breath as she sat down and nudged him with her foot.  ”Where have you been all week?”  She asked.  ”You missed a few classes.” Though she knew better.  

Once again she rolled her eyes.  ”Dabble… you act like I’ve never done this before.”  Frankie was no saint, though she tried rather hard to be one.  She needed to be one for the sake of her parents.  Help them feel good about the choice to adopt her over someone else.  To carry on the family legacy.  ”I mean nothing you have brought before, but how much worse could it be?”  Frankie knew magical herbs. She knew many of them. 

She smiled.  ”how much worse could it be?  I mean if we really wanted to get messed up I could get a few things from the herbology department and we could go to another planet.” She smiled It would be a fun thing.  Maybe not something to do on school property but she could absolutely show him a good time. 

Orion tried not to roll his eyes. He wasn't successful. "First of all, mom, classes are boring." This came from the kid that before Tallygarunga had never had to attend classes before. He certainly had no educational pursuits in the future. This was going to be it for him, which meant he was attending more classes than he'd otherwise care to. He didn't want to fail this year and be doomed to repeat.

"Oh, I know you've done some before. But some of this is wicked." He wore a grin as he pulled apart the bundle. All they needed to do would be to roll it and heat it up and then inhale the vapors. It was a wondrous high, something he had discovered over the summer. Not that he often did such things, but now? Hell, why not now? 

"Why pilfer from Herbology when you can have magical Papua New Guinean herbs?" Orion produced his wand, tapped on the mortar and pestle set he'd shoved into his jacket and watched as the herbs glowed red. The vapor coming off of them was enough to make him swoon. "And to think I was tempted to bring these to the party..."

Frankie swatted him.  ’One of us has to be concerned about your grades.”  She said as she shuddered.  She had sort of fallen out of the practice of being the goodie two shoes.  Frankly she had not ben sure what had been the change.  Maybe the fact someone she had thought liked her didn’t actually care much for her.  She sighed.  It had stung her pride a bit and she started to wonder how much any of this really mattered.  Then again why did she actually care?  She frowned for a moment and shook it off.  There was a reason she had not made too many friends outside of Orion.  ”Not that it matters… you want to fish and you don’t need anything but the ability to do so…”  Which was kind beautiful in its own way.   

”I don’t see how that makes it a problem”  She said as she played with the hem of her shirt for a moment.  She laughed.  ’right of course.  I forgot you have the best magic herbs on the planet.”  She wondered if any of the burn-outs knew about Orion’s hook up… though  she doubted it, Orion didn’t really socialize too much either  which had sort of made them perfect to link up with one another.  That and her overwhelming desire to be perfect was not something he made fun of.  She assumed he must get it on some level. Then again who knew… 

”Ohh.”  She said as she watched the color of the herb.  It was rather pretty.  She laughed.  ”And share with people?  Orion what got into you?”  She said with a laugh.  She already felt rather relaxed. 

Orion really didn't give two flicks about his grades. The only downside of having an involved parental figure meant that he couldn't hide his bad grades. His siblings probably didn't care if he spent his days prancing in a tutu, but his father had that hard desire of actually wanting Orion to succeed. "Yes. I want to fish. Can't fish with a Potions master breathing down my neck, can I?" His voice was sarcastic, but internally, he cringed at the thought of utilizing anything he'd learned here in everyday life. Maybe runes if he could ever figure out how to read them. Maybe herbology if he managed to figure out which plants were toxic and which weren't. Otherwise... what use would the draught of living death do if he couldn't use it to knock out a freaking fish?

Still, whenever he felt like being a bit like a dick, he always had his magical herbs to fall back on. There was nothing that cut through the homesickness than inhaling some soft blue vapors. "I only try," he told her. He wasn't much for socializing. In his opinion, these kids had known one another forever, they all hung out together and people like him were cast to the outside for a reason. This school did have its cliques and, well... not his favorite thing in the world. It was another thing that made him homesick for Port Moresby.

"Well, maybe I'd share it with some of them." Others probably weren't as deserving. He wafted the smoke up towards him and inhaled deeply. "Oh, yeah. Can you imagine trying to burn this somewhere in public? I'd have my ass handed to me.

The potions master was not terrible honestly.  However she could see how trying to fish with someone breathing down your neck would be difficult.  ”Will you take me sometime?”  Fishing she meant though she didn’t clarify.  She had not thought about what she had said, at least not now she was starting to feel something, like a warm sensation pulling at her brain, lulling it to low down just a bit.  Frankie always had so many things running through her head it was sometimes impossible to sort through them.  Especially lately.  She sighed heavily as she inhaled.  It was a good feeling, sometimes it was nice to just relax, actually relax.  ”I haven’t been fishing my dad wanted to make sure I had culture that didn’t get messy…”  She said with a small giggle. 

It was not so much the messy part as it was the part they didn’t know how to o those things.  It simply had not interested them, but she wanted to be able to say she could do those things too.  She was not one or outdoors, but she sure could try to be a little more outdoorsy.  She had taken more of an interest in quidditch since she met Orion  before she just though of it of stuff.  Now that she understood the game better she was rather fond of it.  Though she felt she was more fond of the fact Orion was interested in it.  She smiled at him as he head came to rest on his shoulder.  

”I bet a few of the professors would want to join us, I feel like have to do something to deal with teenagers all day.”  She said with a soft snicker.  ”Can you imagine… I have a good feeling some of them are drunk too… I swear I can smell it.”  She said.  Her fingers started to idly trace shapes into the back of his hand.  ”I think the party must be boring… all the supervision and such… not to mention they can be idiots… the other students I mean… and the professors too I guess.”  She said though she was not sure if her thought process was making much sense. 

The smoke must have been affecting his hearing. For a moment, he thought she'd said she wanted to try fishing. She had to know that fishing involved holding a line over the water and actually touching whatever came up to bite the line. He decided not to voice this aloud. He really didn't want to get slapped. "Fishing can be a messy thing," he pointed out, frowning slightly. "Especially the fish."

He couldn't help but laugh at that comment. Everything seemed so simple now that the edge had faded. He felt almost... free. It was completely freeing to release the burden of being a good little Karras and just exist for a minute or two as Orion. It was incredibly liberating. 

He wondered if Frankie felt the same thing. He looked over at her, saw the fringe of blonde hair as she rested her head against his shoulder. He wondered if she had ever been outdoors before he had really gotten to know her. Sheltered would have been the word to best describe her. Imagine how her world had changed when she met him and his troublesome herbs?

"I should definitely give some to my favorite professor," he reasoned. It was easy to lean back now and just let the vapors come over him. Everything seemed so much brighter all of a sudden. It was absolutely amazing. "Why don't you say what you really feel?" It was hard getting her to open up sometimes, to really get to the crux of what was bothering her. Now, he felt she was just on the edge of saying what it was. "Parties are meant to be fun though, right? Not like something my father would do."

She continued to trace circles and other shapes into the back of his hand.  ”I can handle mess.”  She said with a small smile.  ”I just haven’t done much of the outdoorsy thing you know my dads like the opera and the ballet.”  And that got boring.  She could easily sleep through some of the ones she would be seeing during Easter vacation.  Maybe she would be able to do a little more of what she wanted to do with her life for a moment.  The fabric was waiting for her to use it… she wanted to use it.   For now, nothing else mattered. 

She felt good, she didn’t care about the pressures she’s been facing.  She smiled.  ”Who is your favorite professor?”  She asked with a smile.  She wondered, they didn’t talk much about school aside from her reminding him about the homework and offering to help him with the reading.   

What she really felt.  She looked at him her head coming off from his shoulder and she wondered if he was really ready for it.  ”I feel like there is too much pressure to do what makes my dad’s happy.  I don’t want to run the store.”  she said as she sat up on her knees, feeling more animated,  ’I want to be able to do what I want and that is designing fashion.  I want to create a narrative and be empowering and embrace everyone at everysize.”  a complex things sure but it was worth if.  

’We can party here.”

Sign in to follow this