Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
September, 2019 :: Spring

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year Kirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

It had been a night of silent reflection for Laurie. Max had displayed some worry about her, but the younger Spencer shrugged it off and told her not to concern herself with it as she always did (the irony of which didn't escape her). Not a month and a half before it started to sink in that she may have grievously wronged the Auclair sisters, they both show up in Narragyambie. What were the odds? It threw Laurie for a loop. She had originally intended to wait it out and solve their problems during next year's Durmstrang Summer break, but she had ran out of luck. She either had to face the music now or suffer the permanent consequences later, as she was unlikely to return on a consistent basis once December rolled around.

She wasn't so idiotic so as to take on both at once. She decided to take on the easiest task first - Gwendoline - to survey the field and get a feel for how difficult things would be with Colette. To her surprise, the youngest of the sisters seemed quite chipper in their initial meeting, something scheduled over direct messaging in QuillBook without Colette's knowledge.

"Look who it is! Damn, I'm taller than you now!" Came the familiar German words, along with a pat to the head to emphasize how short Laurie was. She didn't seem too bothered by the treatment, and decided to spend some time with the blonde so to catch up and show her around. It took Laurie a few hours until she decided to bring up the elephant in the room.

"So... Where's your sister?" The older Spencer asked as they walked down a street, hands loosely tucked into magically loosened pockets. Gwendoline tilted her head in confusion at the framing of the question.

"Going straight for the kill, huh? Not even asking how she's doing."

"I think I have a pretty good idea."

"Fair enough." They were (or had once been) best friends after all - and, if she recalled correctly, Laurie had alluded to Colette's ignoring of her existence was to be expected the day before on the wizarding social media platform. "You want me to take you to her, don't you?"

"Probably for the best."

"Mm." Gwendoline had already tried to beat Colette over the head with the matter but got rebuffed astoundingly quickly; remembering her compromise to at least considering listening to Laurie if she talked to her of her own volition, the taller girl gave Laurie a nod. "Alright. Follow me."

It took them a little while to make the trek from Calder Avenue to the rich side of town, and McEwen Lane in particular. They were living large, courtesy of their Ministry-related savings, and Laurie let out a low whistle so to compliment exactly that. "You can come over whenever you want, y'know? You've always been family."

"Something tells me I should probably stay away for a while. After this little meetup anyway. You know where to find me though." Gwendoline nodded, understanding what she meant. It would be nothing short of awkward if Laurie were to inhabit the house to an extent while Colette was under the same roof and not at all comfortable with it.

Entering the house, Gwendoline didn't bother showing Laurie around, taking her hand and quickly guiding her upstairs to Colette's bedroom, where she hoped the half-Veela would be. Letting go, she knocked a few quick times on the wooden door. "Special delivery!" She spoke loudly for Colette to hear from within the room. That could mean anything; at least, it would hopefully trick the girl into opening the door before a possible complete disregard for Laurie's existence.

Sturt ☆ Fifth Year ☆ StudentTecri
16 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

Colette had no idea about her sister’s ‘betrayal’ and that was going to cost the younger Auclair. She didn’t like plotting behind her back when it came to her, but as she was unaware of the events that were going to follow she continued to quietly and calmly reading her book in Russian, she needed to practice, it wasn’t easy doing it without someone to help her the language, she’d have to reply on books and memory to know what it meant, but she was managing well for the time being, she wouldn’t need to call anyone to make sure she was translating it correctly, and if she did it would be a big blow on her ego.

The knock on the door took her by surprise, Colette muttered some profanities in German and eyed the door curiously. “What do you want Gwen, I’m reading.” she spoke, but as her sister didn’t even bothered to open the door, the half-veela rolled her eyes and waved her hand, opening the door for her sister and her visit. She didn’t bother to look at the door, just expecting Gwen to walk inside she usually does whenever she has something for Colette, but upon the quietness she rose her eyes to look at the younger Auclair. What invaded her vision was the sight of Laurie, their so-called friend, one could swear that Colette was fuming if she wasn’t so cold.

Her eyes diverted to the book, still showing the same cold demeanour as always. “What do you have there?” she didn’t bother to hide her annoyance from her sister and Laurie, it was obvious that Colette was upset, she thought she at least had deserved some kind of letter, but she had received nothing, it was like Laurie was only with them with the purpose of not being alone, she was even sure the older Spencer had found some new best friend and was planning on doing the same thing, Colette wasn’t going to fall for it again. 

“I’m busy, what do you want?”

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year Kirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Another line, another switch. Why did Colette always reply to Gwendoline in a different language? The blonde had to roughly shake her head so to rewire her thinking to the proper language after having spoken in German with Laurie for a few hours. For as fluent as she was, drastic changes such as those still got to her. The door quickly opened and the Sturt seemed to completely disregard the existence of both Spencers for a few moments as Laurie swallowed dryly while coming face to face with her fate.

She stared Colette right in the eye, having the courage to do so and not backing down - being ashamed of her own actions didn't mean she wasn't worthy of standing where she was, especially when it came to giving her an explanation. Nevertheless, despite the straight face, there was a deep sense of sorrow hidden behind her gaze. The temporary stare down (since Colette went ahead and looked over at her book anyway, predictably enough) was rudely interrupted as she felt a rough shove forth from her own back, stumbling inside and nearly tripping over to a poorly placed window, catching herself by pressing a hand to the wall.

"Oh, loosen up, will ya?" Said Gwendoline as she stepped into the room herself, closing the door behind her and leaning against it. They'd have to wrestle her if they wanted to get out (she couldn't take on Colette, but she sure could send Laurie packing!). "Besides, you said you'd think about it. Now it's time!"

"Gwen--"

"Shhhh. Anyway, before you throw me out the window, this wasn't my idea. Okay? Okay. I'll leave the room if you want, but for Merlin's sake, actually communicate for a change." Gwendoline ignored Laurie's protests entirely, whom was slightly distraught at the blonde's exuberance. Some things never changed, did they? But even then, she could feel it in her bones - things were about to go terribly wrong.