Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
October, 2019 :: Spring

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ✩ Kirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

It had been a night of silent reflection for Laurie. Max had displayed some worry about her, but the younger Spencer shrugged it off and told her not to concern herself with it as she always did (the irony of which didn't escape her). Not a month and a half before it started to sink in that she may have grievously wronged the Auclair sisters, they both show up in Narragyambie. What were the odds? It threw Laurie for a loop. She had originally intended to wait it out and solve their problems during next year's Durmstrang Summer break, but she had ran out of luck. She either had to face the music now or suffer the permanent consequences later, as she was unlikely to return on a consistent basis once December rolled around.

She wasn't so idiotic so as to take on both at once. She decided to take on the easiest task first - Gwendoline - to survey the field and get a feel for how difficult things would be with Colette. To her surprise, the youngest of the sisters seemed quite chipper in their initial meeting, something scheduled over direct messaging in QuillBook without Colette's knowledge.

"Look who it is! Damn, I'm taller than you now!" Came the familiar German words, along with a pat to the head to emphasize how short Laurie was. She didn't seem too bothered by the treatment, and decided to spend some time with the blonde so to catch up and show her around. It took Laurie a few hours until she decided to bring up the elephant in the room.

"So... Where's your sister?" The older Spencer asked as they walked down a street, hands loosely tucked into magically loosened pockets. Gwendoline tilted her head in confusion at the framing of the question.

"Going straight for the kill, huh? Not even asking how she's doing."

"I think I have a pretty good idea."

"Fair enough." They were (or had once been) best friends after all - and, if she recalled correctly, Laurie had alluded to Colette's ignoring of her existence was to be expected the day before on the wizarding social media platform. "You want me to take you to her, don't you?"

"Probably for the best."

"Mm." Gwendoline had already tried to beat Colette over the head with the matter but got rebuffed astoundingly quickly; remembering her compromise to at least considering listening to Laurie if she talked to her of her own volition, the taller girl gave Laurie a nod. "Alright. Follow me."

It took them a little while to make the trek from Calder Avenue to the rich side of town, and McEwen Lane in particular. They were living large, courtesy of their Ministry-related savings, and Laurie let out a low whistle so to compliment exactly that. "You can come over whenever you want, y'know? You've always been family."

"Something tells me I should probably stay away for a while. After this little meetup anyway. You know where to find me though." Gwendoline nodded, understanding what she meant. It would be nothing short of awkward if Laurie were to inhabit the house to an extent while Colette was under the same roof and not at all comfortable with it.

Entering the house, Gwendoline didn't bother showing Laurie around, taking her hand and quickly guiding her upstairs to Colette's bedroom, where she hoped the half-Veela would be. Letting go, she knocked a few quick times on the wooden door. "Special delivery!" She spoke loudly for Colette to hear from within the room. That could mean anything; at least, it would hopefully trick the girl into opening the door before a possible complete disregard for Laurie's existence.

Sturt ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Student✩ Tecri
16 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

Colette had no idea about her sister’s ‘betrayal’ and that was going to cost the younger Auclair. She didn’t like plotting behind her back when it came to her, but as she was unaware of the events that were going to follow she continued to quietly and calmly reading her book in Russian, she needed to practice, it wasn’t easy doing it without someone to help her the language, she’d have to reply on books and memory to know what it meant, but she was managing well for the time being, she wouldn’t need to call anyone to make sure she was translating it correctly, and if she did it would be a big blow on her ego.

The knock on the door took her by surprise, Colette muttered some profanities in German and eyed the door curiously. “What do you want Gwen, I’m reading.” she spoke, but as her sister didn’t even bothered to open the door, the half-veela rolled her eyes and waved her hand, opening the door for her sister and her visit. She didn’t bother to look at the door, just expecting Gwen to walk inside she usually does whenever she has something for Colette, but upon the quietness she rose her eyes to look at the younger Auclair. What invaded her vision was the sight of Laurie, their so-called friend, one could swear that Colette was fuming if she wasn’t so cold.

Her eyes diverted to the book, still showing the same cold demeanour as always. “What do you have there?” she didn’t bother to hide her annoyance from her sister and Laurie, it was obvious that Colette was upset, she thought she at least had deserved some kind of letter, but she had received nothing, it was like Laurie was only with them with the purpose of not being alone, she was even sure the older Spencer had found some new best friend and was planning on doing the same thing, Colette wasn’t going to fall for it again. 

“I’m busy, what do you want?”

Another line, another switch. Why did Colette always reply to Gwendoline in a different language? The blonde had to roughly shake her head so to rewire her thinking to the proper language after having spoken in German with Laurie for a few hours. For as fluent as she was, drastic changes such as those still got to her. The door quickly opened and the Sturt seemed to completely disregard the existence of both Spencers for a few moments as Laurie swallowed dryly while coming face to face with her fate.

She stared Colette right in the eye, having the courage to do so and not backing down - being ashamed of her own actions didn't mean she wasn't worthy of standing where she was, especially when it came to giving her an explanation. Nevertheless, despite the straight face, there was a deep sense of sorrow hidden behind her gaze. The temporary stare down (since Colette went ahead and looked over at her book anyway, predictably enough) was rudely interrupted as she felt a rough shove forth from her own back, stumbling inside and nearly tripping over to a poorly placed window, catching herself by pressing a hand to the wall.

"Oh, loosen up, will ya?" Said Gwendoline as she stepped into the room herself, closing the door behind her and leaning against it. They'd have to wrestle her if they wanted to get out (she couldn't take on Colette, but she sure could send Laurie packing!). "Besides, you said you'd think about it. Now it's time!"

"Gwen--"

"Shhhh. Anyway, before you throw me out the window, this wasn't my idea. Okay? Okay. I'll leave the room if you want, but for Merlin's sake, actually communicate for a change." Gwendoline ignored Laurie's protests entirely, whom was slightly distraught at the blonde's exuberance. Some things never changed, did they? But even then, she could feel it in her bones - things were about to go terribly wrong.

Colette looked at the two girls at her bedroom door and felt an urge to roll her eyes at them, but she had promised Gwen she was going to behave, she owed her sister that much, they might not see eye to eye in a lot of things but one thing that Colette doesn’t like doing is backing out on her promises to her sister and she was going to at least try her best. She watched Laurie from head to toe, waiting for a word, a reaction, something, but she still couldn’t get anything from her, so she looked back at her book, only looking up again when Gwen shoved Laurie back in said. 

The older blonde rolled her eyes and stared at Gwen. She wasn’t the one shoving people inside trying to force a conversation. Yes, Colette said she would try, and she was going to keep the promise, but Gwen was forcing things, what should be happening naturally, Gwen was just trying to speed it up, and that didn’t go well with Colette, she hated being forced to do things, she wanted to do things at her own pace. “I said I’d do it, didn’t tell you when.” she closed the book violently. She always did that, trying to force things without waiting, when was she going to learn people don’t need to move at her own pace and when she wants them to? 

“I wouldn’t throw you out the window, I should freeze you and set you in the garden, but with this heat you’ll melt quickly, it would be a waste of my abilities.” she would have loved to freeze her sister but she knows her mother wouldn’t agree with such a things, which was a shame, Gwen would be a lovely garden gnome. “But since I’m forced to do this on my sister’s terms, as usual she keeps pushing her agenda on everyone, I’m listening.”

"Very funny." Gwendoline squinted her eyes at her sister whom seemed to go right back into old habits - she should curse those eyes to fall out at some point from all the rolling they did. Crossing her arms under her chest, the blonde made it clear there was no getting through her until the conversation was over (or, at least, until Colette decided to punch her in the face).

"Look, would you just like me to come back lat--"

"No." The youngest of the trio interrupted Laurie immediately. The half-Australia girl pursed her lips and raised an eyebrow at the youthful dynamo, but ultimately decided to say nothing to her. When Gwendoline got something in her head it was like pulling teeth to get it out, and that was if they managed to at all. Ultimately resigning to her fate, Laurie let out a sigh as the nerves started to pick up again.

She walked the rest of the way towards the window, looking out for just a moment in an attempt to gather her thoughts. It was an effort that proved to be fruitless. Soon she ran a hand through her hair, finding that she needed to do something with her hands, anything at all, just to keep in focus. A breath later and she looked back at Colette. Even with her own height, she felt like she was diminutive in her presence due to the harm she's caused her.

"Uh..." 'Speak, you idiot.' She told herself in her head, eyes shutting in frustration. She didn't know what to say. There was no speech prepared, no lines memorized. But improvisation had always been her strength, hadn't it? Even if she was facing a behemoth of a foe at that moment in her own past mistakes, she'd have to prevail. Their friendship was at stake, and even if Laurie could be very deluded about where it was at that point, she had to find some sort of way to salvage it. Even just a little bit.

"...Okay. I'm sorry." She went ahead and said it. There was no point in sugarcoating things, and she knew Colette didn't like beating around the bush anyway. "I fucked up, alright? And I didn't really even realize it up until..."

Her words died in her throat. She pinched the bridge of her nose as her eyes closed. 'Until Max gave me one hell of a wake up call.' She finished the phrase in her head, but bringing that up was irrelevant. After a light scratch at the skin area between her eyebrow she let her hand drop and faced the older blonde again, while the younger one watched the exchange in silence.

"...Doesn't matter. I'm not making excuses or anything. I just thought you should know."

Did Gwen magically hopped that Colette was going to be all happy? All sweet and kind just because Gwen wanted her to talk with Laurie? Colette wasn’t doing her best, but she was willing to give them a chance to speak before angrily force them out of the room, but her sister seemed to be pushing for it really hard, which only made Colette wanting to kick her and Laurie out. She watched the duo and rolled her eyes at Gwen, but when Laurie spoke, she listened, until her stupid sister had interrupted them. Laurie had a great idea, coming later would be her specialty, always running away, hopping and hopping until she was far far away from anything that she deemed inferior to herself. For a moment it was almost as Colette was projecting.

There she goes, Gwen trying to make everything alright, did she think magic was the solution to all her problems? If it was to fix a lightbulb sure, but to fix two people who clearly didn’t want to be fixed was treading some dangerous waters, and an experiment that would most likely backfire. If it does Colette will be there to laugh at her sister’s face and pointing out that, once again, Gwen was wrong and she was right, yes, that would be the ultimate punishment for Dumpster Baby, she had to start learning things sometimes need to crash and burn and bridges must be destroyed for something better to happen, one couldn’t cling to the past forever.

Gwen left and Colette looked at Laurie who seemed to be having a hard time talking. Did the cat catch her tongue? Or was she too busy thinking up lies? She should know Colette could easily pick them up, she barely had to try. So naive, so ignorant, or is it stupid? Probably ignorant, Laurie wasn’t that stupid, at least Colette didn’t think she was. Laurie finally spoke, which was unsurprising, always with an apology like it would suddenly fix things, like a child playing around, breaks something, apologizes, breaks something else and expects people to just forgive it. So amusing.

“Until when Laurie? Did you decide to do the same to some lonely soul around this hell of a place?” Colette didn’t take Laurie for a liar, but in that moment she wasn’t sure what to believe, so she believed in whatever people often do, lie to get themselves out of trouble, to be liked and to be loved, like a hoard of sheep following their shepherd. “It’s not an apology that suddenly makes things right. Saying sorry doesn’t excuse anything. We both knew you were going to leave, but it’s been almost one year, and no letters? Come on, were you that entertained here that you completely forgot? Do you have that many worries to stop you from reaching out an enchanted pen and to have it write some letter?”

"Holy shit, would you stop doing that?" Gwendoline was getting minimally aggravated at how often Colette was rolling her eyes. Was that the only thing she was capable of doing outside of spewing out insults? It was getting on her nerves. She could at least count ten times her older sister had done so within the last twenty four hours and it was grating to watch.

Laurie watched that exchange and said nothing regarding it. She was used to the treatment (even if she wasn't the direct target of it) and didn't otherwise care since she knew how to handle Colette well when it came to that. More pressing in her mind was the fact the only human in that room was on thin ice, metaphorically and soon to be literally if she were to piss off the Sturt too much. 'Priorities.'

"...Until... Recently." She took a moment to think up of which word to use. Why mention the exact event at all? It was entirely irrelevant. The fact she had only come to realize the error of her ways within the last couple months was bad enough in itself and worth a greater focus. Colette had no idea how right she was, and for the time being it was for the best that it stayed that way.

Nevertheless, Colette's words stung. "Guess I deserved that." Came the comment as she scratched the side of her nose, her hands aching to do anything but lay idle at her sides. The argument felt like she was skinning herself with barbed wire, but for as complacent as people usually deemed her to be she was no idiot, and she wasn't one to resist just punishment that she'd earned. There was no point in fighting back, she'd let Colette get her punches in while making her point.

"We also both know I'm not stupid enough to think everything's gonna be hunky-dory from here on out even if this conversation goes really well, against all odds." She reminded the half-Veela. Even if the French girl didn't want to admit, the two were intellectual peers and from how well they knew each other it felt like an odd mistake for Colette to make. "I thought about sending a letter, but at that point I fully expected for Gwen to write back," The aforementioned girl nodded along with a confirmation noise, but Laurie didn't spare her a single look, focused on the older of the trio. "And for you to burn it. And I wouldn't be able to reach you directly until one year from now anyway, and the damage was done, so I left it be. Not my proudest moment."

Yet, there they were. The three of them, standing in the same room far sooner than Laurie could ever have anticipated. "But I gotta face reality now, and I gotta face my mistakes too. And I'd rather do something while I still have the chance and make sure I don't fuck up again than disappear again at the end of the year and never see you both again because you'd rather shove your fist in my face. So, if anything, I'm here to give you some food for thought and own up to my own crap. That's all I can do right now."

Laurie was surprised at how naturally that speech flowed out of her mouth. Perhaps verbalizing one's feelings instead of being incredibly passive about them wasn't a bad idea moving forward.

Colette just looked at her sister. It wasn’t like Gwen was the one rolling her eyes and getting them stuck in the back. “Make me.” Colette told her sister putting her book down and getting up, approaching both girls as she crossed her arms. She looked at them disappointed and overall unamused at the whole situation, but if she had to have that conversation better be now than later, at least she could get back to her book and not have to think about it for a few more hours, maybe a couple of days before she actually things about everything that can potentially be said here.

She wondered what Laurie meant by recently, but the thought didn’t linger too long on her thought. She was ready to go back to her book given the quietness of the situation until Laurie spoke. “If you think I’d burn the letter then you’d be wrong.” Colette was upset when Laurie had left, it took a while to get used to the fact that she was no longer around, but she eventually came to terms with it, even expecting a letter; it served her right, expecting anything from anyone was a mistake. “I wasn’t pleased. I had to stay stuck with that one, but you should know me better that I wouldn’t burn it, I guess now if you do, I know what should do.” If Laurie already thought that of her, Colette assumed if now she did that it wouldn’t matter much, considering Laurie was already expecting it.

Laurie had a long road to go through before Colette could even consider treating her the same way she used to. Colette disliked being ignored, but one thing was being ignored by those she cared for and by those who she didn’t care, and she disliked feeling hurt, which only made everything much worse. “I hope you know it’s not going to be as easy with me as it was Puppy Dog over there.” Colette looked at her sister, anyone who knew her, knew she was merely joking with Gwen and how excitable she was.

Gwendoline's eyes squinted at Colette's challenge and posturing. 'Seriously?' The youngest girl present thought it was the worst possible time for the Sturt to pull that one off, completely ignoring the hypocrisy of her own line of thought - Gwendoline shouldn't have snapped. Nevertheless, whether it be over bravery or reckless disregard of her own survival was up for debate, she stood her ground and glared at Colette. She'd need to get knocked on her ass to back down (if at all) as usual.

Laurie awkwardly scratched her cheek as she watched the exchange. Even if she hadn't actually had any fault in how hostile the sisters were being with one another she couldn't help feel somewhat responsible, and as such she decided to divert attention away from Gwendoline for everyone's sake. "Then that's another mistake I made. My bad. Chalk it up to fear, it makes people do dumb things." Indeed, she was afraid of what Colette was thinking. More than that, she was afraid of facing the fact that she had hurt her. Standing in front of her at that moment wasn't easy and Laurie felt her nerves on edge, threatening to make her body tremble, but managed to keep a straight face through it all.

"I didn't come here with any sort of expectation about 'making up' or anything." The fact they were having a civil conversation was relieving in itself. As far as she was concerned, Laurie had forfeited the right of being in the Sturt's presence the moment she left without even considering to write back. "I just thought I owed you an apology. If you don't want to see my face again, that's fine... I didn't want there to be any misunderstandings about what happened. So yeah, I'm sorry." She apologized a second time.

"Would you prefer if I left now?"

She just looked at her sister but didn’t say anything, whatever was going on between her and Laurie was more important, but Gwen was just there trying to play referee between the two girls and Colette wasn’t enjoying it, almost like she was trying to snoop on something that wasn’t any of her business. Colette looked at Laurie. “Was it fear or did you just forget?” Colette wasn’t sure but something was telling her that Laurie simply forgot about them, and it wasn’t fear, or she would have written Gwen which she didn’t, it was alright to admit it, it wasn’t like Colette was going to be more upset than she was already,

At least Laurie knew what she had gotten herself into. Colette wasn’t sure if she wanted to remain mad with Laurie or not, she was still going to keep her distance, the girl would have to work if she ever wanted Colette to trust her again, although with Gwen behaving like a puppy around Laurie, Colette was sure she was going to see her more than just once. Was it a bad thing? Maybe not, but that didn’t mean Colette was pleased with the situation, she wanted some time to gather her thoughts and Laurie’s constant presence would just make her more prone to anger.

“This doesn’t mean I forgive you, but apology accepted.” What was Colette supposed to do? Ignore all those years they spent together as friends? She should take that into consideration, unlike Laurie who just chose to move on with her life without including those two, but, everyone makes mistakes right?

“If you want to. I can’t tell you what to do and what not to do. Besides, if I do send you away how do you think my ears will be tomorrow with Gwen always complaining?”

Laurie's jaw tightened as Colette verbally slapped her with the quip. It stung. It wasn't true, she didn't forget, yet the Sturt was entirely within her rights to feel that way. But it stung. She was normally used to the half-Veela's sharp tongue but with every emotionally charged comeback Laurie got a glimpse at the damage she had wreaked, even if her (former?) best friend was quite talented at keeping a straight face and not showing emotion. To be face to face with one's failures wasn't an easy task, and the half-Australian was facing her biggest one to date.

She exhaled deeply as Colette accepted her apology. It was a start. She didn't know if she could make things work while only having a quarter of a year to work with, but, unfortunately, it was the type of situation that only time could heal. Laurie would have to live with the fact many days would go by with the anxiety of not knowing whether she would be able to minimally repair things as the deadline loomed over her head, a curse she wasn't pleased about but nonetheless accepted - she had to pay for what she had done, after all. A few months of panic paled to whatever hell she put Colette through for a year in her mind.

A momentary smile filled her lips as she imagined the very situation Colette described. Gwen had always been the rambunctious one of the trio and one to speak her mind without filter, unlike the rest of them. She could picture that happen vividly even if the fellow Spencer looked offended. "I feel like I should give you some space, actually. I don't think me sticking around the house would do much good, at least not yet."

"But--"

Gwendoline was shushed by a shake of Laurie's head which in turn lowered her spirits. The older Spencer let her hands fall to her sides. It was time to go and she was overstaying her (questionable) welcome. "Regardless, you both know where to find me, so if anything comes up... Yeah." She felt like she needed a long session of Clone Hero to clear her mind, having had her fill of dealing with people for the day. Walking towards Gwendoline, she lightly tapped her shoulder with a hand.

"I'll see you tomorrow, 'kay?" After a friendly and encouraging wink, Laurie left the room once Gwendoline stepped out of the way, closing the door behind her. The half-French girl scratched the side of her head for a few moments as her gaze fixated on the closed door before she managed to tear it away, looking over at Colette instead.

"...Hey, before you punch me in the face, this wasn't my idea..." She muttered, uncharacteristically lethargic. It seemed watching the exchange alone had taken a bit of a toll on Gwendoline and she was concerned about her sister, not wanting to pursue their earlier argument.

It appeared that their situation has come to an end, at least for now, worlds were said, apologies we mentioned and were accepted, there wasn’t anything else they could do but to wait. Often time heals all wounds, not all can heal but most can. Once trust has been broken it’s a lot harder to get it back, Colette felt as Laurie has broken her trust, it wasn’t the leaving that shook her up, was the days without letters, Laurie should have known better that Colette’s reputation was just that, a mere shield to prevent people from getting too close, but when they did they stayed on the inside of it, maybe she shouldn’t have let Laurie in, maybe she should have seen it coming and she blamed herself for trusting Laurie the way she did.

Maybe one day there’s a chance for Laurie to get back inside again.

The smile on Laurie’s lips did bring her memories, but her face continued to look unphased, untouched, the same expression of disappointment that often appeared in the Sturt’s face. One day she might be able to smile lightly back at her old friend, but for now that’s her only reaction. Laurie’s words didn’t seem to affect Colette too much, and neither did her sister slight interference. She stood there and listened, waiting to get back to what she was doing. The whole situation did make Colette wonder, what if they have the same classes, they were on the same year, which meant they would have to see each other often, it was going to be a mess if they didn’t sort it out. Above everything, they had to be logical and not emotional.

Laurie left and Gwen was just there looking at Colette talking. That had Gwen written all over the place, it was hard to believe it wasn’t. “You mean ambushing me in my own room?” Colette wanted to believe Gwen, and she sort of did, but it was a strange situation considering they were talking about it previously. “You’re telling me this was all her?” maybe it was Laurie’s idea, catch Colette in a place she couldn’t escape, to talk to her, maybe she knew how Colette would try to avoid Laurie, maybe not forever, she had made a promise to Gwen, and Colette never breaks a promise.

“I don’t say this often, you know I like you, but this was just weird. It’s like she didn’t even know us at all.” Colette was still quite offended that Laurie had suggested that she would have burnt the letter, if Laurie would have sent a letter a month ago and Colette was there, she would have, but in the beginning? No, she wasn’t that cold hearted, and she had no reason to.

Spencer ☆ Fourth Year ☆ Adventurer, Wandering Bard, Destroyer of Things✩ Kirupachi
14 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

Hesitation followed Colette's line of questioning, a few moments of silence going by before Gwendoline finally gathered the will to speak. "Well... Fine. She was the one who brought you up up, and I was the one who dragged her here. Happy now? Half-half on that guilt scale and I'm not taking on more of it." The Spencer had tried her best not to push matters at first, not speaking of Colette's name at all, but once Laurie enabled her all hell broke loose. 'Oops?'

"...It was a bit weird, yeah." She conceded with a nod, bringing a hand up to scratch her own cheek as she thought back on the few hours they had spent together beforehand. "Kinda felt like she was walking on eggshells with me earlier and she got over it quick, but..."

Her nose wrinkled in frustration. Emotional matters weren't her strongest suit, much less complicated situations like those - Gwendoline didn't have anywhere near the social experience needed to properly handle the situation and could only stick to making mostly uneducated guesses. "I don't know. Just looks like stuff's affected her too, and in a way she looked like she was kinda scared of facing you, like she was trying to poke a demon with a ten foot pole or something. At least that's how it came across."

Gwendoline gave Colette a shrug of her shoulders and a sigh escaped her as she tried to will the tension taking a hold of her frame away. "She did say she was scared back there. Maybe that's an understatement. That shit makes people do irrational stuff."

Her sister was weird, but Colette wasn’t going to make her admit all of it since Gwen had already explained Colette the reason why Laurie was there. Colette’s reaction to her sister’s words was to laugh, but she was trying to prove a point and that could potentially prevent her from doing so because then they would be both trying not to laugh and failing miserably at it. Laurie wasn’t the type to walk on eggshells, to Colette, Gwen’s words were weird, Colette crossed her arms and looked at her sister. “What do you mean? Want to tell me what you two talked about? Or is it a deep dark secret?” most likely it wasn’t, but Colette didn’t want to poke on her sister’s life or whatever she did that didn’t want to tell.

Colette wasn’t the nicest person, but calling her a demon was maybe going a bit too far, however, it sounded correct, it sounded that Laurie was too scared of Colette to talk, the way she moved, looked at her and spoke, almost like she was scared of the consequences of her actions. She should be scared, but she should have thought about them earlier. Colette was hardly going to budge on it, at least for a couple of days, maybe in a week or so she can confront Laurie, assuming the brunette wouldn’t run away from her. “I don’t like you implying I’m a demon, but I can live with it.” she shrugged it off, putting her hands on her hips.

“But scared of what Gwen? It’s not like we’re going to burn her. I certainly don’t.” despite Colette’s aggressiveness she wasn’t evil, she wasn’t just going to hurt someone for her pure enjoyment, at least not physically, bullying someone verbally was more her style, mostly because it made people scared of her and that’s how she wanted it to go. “I guess we have to wait and see where this leads right?”

Spencer ☆ Fourth Year ☆ Adventurer, Wandering Bard, Destroyer of Things✩ Kirupachi
14 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

"Huh? No." Gwendoline shook her head. Why did it matter what she talked about with Laurie? The confusion was very visible on her face as she spoke up again. "Just random stuff. Walking around town, introducing me to new places, catching up. It was innocuous but she looked weird." At first it had been surprising that Laurie knew the town so well after only staying there for a few months (according to the girl herself), but she soon came to realize the reason why that was: the town was quite small and there wasn't much to see in the first place. Hopefully there would be a few hidden locations though, as she aimed to go through it all with a fine toothed comb over the next few days.

She shook her head. Gwendoline didn't think Laurie was afraid of either of them doing something - they both knew she was studying to be a curse breaker and throwing herself in the way of danger was par for the course (and thank goodness their mother had never gotten hurt when being dragged around by Reinhold) and so that didn't make much sense in the Spencer's head. She took a few extra seconds to mull it over before speaking up.

"Maybe she was afraid of hurting us again. Or maybe she was afraid of facing the fact she did." She shrugged. "Could also be that she's afraid she can't make up for stuff. There's a ton of possibilities here, I think, though the one of her being afraid of being made into a living piece of barbecue is... Ehhh." Gwendoline couldn't see that fly. "If you ask me, it just looks like everyone's hurting from this. Except for me, I don't really care, but yeah."

It was odd to be caught in the middle of the two, but truth be told, Gwendoline had made her choice. "Would you like me to stay away from her for a while?" It was something she would have never done for anything else, but even if she wouldn't admit it, she adored Colette. If that's what it took to make her feel better, it's what she would do. "To give you some breathing room or something."

Gwen replied without an issue, even if she had Colette wasn’t the one to go butt into her sister’s life and her secrets, but it sounded like she and Laurie had a pretty generic conversation. Perhaps Gwen was right. Maybe Laurie was scared of hurting them again, or she was too scared to face the damaged of her own actions. “Yeah …. Maybe…” Colette wasn’t sure how to think of it, she needed to give Laurie the benefit of a doubt, but they would have to start slowly, the girl’s random behaviour didn’t suit with Colette, she liked to be in control and it could take a while for Colette to be willing to let go a bit of it.

“Some people look at it differently.” Colette had a hard time letting go, opening up, it needed time or special circumstances that would allow that to happen, unfortunately right not she couldn’t see herself opening up around Laurie like she used to. She had to give it some time and allow things to take their natural course, even if she kept wondering what could be done to speed the process. Unlike Gwen, Colette was damaged, but she was over it, it was more a case of not wanting to go through it again.

“You don’t have to stay away from her Gwen.” Colette looked up at her sister. She couldn’t stop Gwen from seeing or talking to Laurie, and it wasn’t like she was going to know if that was going to happen or not, besides, it wouldn’t be right to ask that. “I’ll talk to her when I can, but you don’t have to stop because of me.” Colette chuckled lightly before taking a deep breath. She was sure Gwen wouldn’t want that, and she didn’t want Gwen to be forced to do it. “Do we have a deal? Just don’t mention her and we’ll be fine.”