Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
December, 2019 :: Summer

Fear of living

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Student✩ Tecri
15 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her/Hers

What was Lexi doing in a place like that? She couldn’t even answer that question herself. After the Boggarts’ class she had been paying attention to everything and everyone, it wasn’t easy living like that and she didn’t want to worry Chloe with meaningless worries, they were her own and her sister needed to focus on her studies. Lexi wasn’t much of a scholar, she studied enough to be a good student, not perfect, but good enough, but Chloe? Chloe was the best student, she was smart and as much as Lexi wished she had her sister’s patience to study, she just couldn’t stand still for too long, she had to be doing something.

After wondering she ended up at the Creek, she still didn’t know why she was there, but at least it was a good place to relax, have an inner conversation with herself for a few seconds before her mind starts wondering off, making little sceneries in her mind, and eventually making herself laugh like she was a psychiatric patient that had escaped the hospital. The ground wasn’t wet, but it was still cold from the Winter, the season of life had only started recently, and everything was still recovering from the season of death, where everything withers and dies before blooming again for a new cycle.

She laid back and closed her eyes, she started humming a song, but it didn’t take long for her body to enjoy the stillness, and she eventually fell sleep. Dreams were nice, except imagining the days walking by, slowly, from the fall and rise of the sun could be a bit scary, if the date on the calendar was Lexi’s birthday. Just like the Boggart had scared her, the dream did the same, it was more effective than the Boggart, making Lexi wake up quickly, her heart beating fast from the idea of dying. “Fudge!” she shouted, trying to catch her breath.

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Spencer Quidditch Team Seeker, Pro Wrestler✩ Kirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

The small town that was usually filled with good cheer, upbeat people and a penchant for trouble, as it came with the territory regarding its youthful inhabitants, was at that point been under a blanket of grief, sorrow and morbidity for a solid week at that point. Amber was no exception to this rule - tragedy struck the halfbreed community the day immediately before her birthday, and she'd been intensely overprotective of her family ever since. It didn't help that the victim was the mother of a good friend of hers: it was as if all was crashing down at once and the Spencer could only watch from the sidelines despite direct involvement with some parties associated with the disaster.

She wound up wandering into the bush for the sake of clearing her mind. It was a quiet location for the most part, and that time she wasn't lured into the wilderness due to an escaping Harvey - it wasn't that likely that she'd break her arm a second time and would have to stumble upon miraculous help like she had mid July. Amber could finally just keep to herself and think; while it wasn't something she was exceptionally good at, it was something that was sorely needed at that point.

Fate, however, wouldn't let her have her way. The hope for solitude was quickly dashed as her eyes landed on a friend of hers whom had apparently wandered to the same location of the shore - what were the odds? - and she wasn't alone anymore. For a moment she pondered leaving the way she came, not thinking Lexi had heard her as she seemed fast asleep; but, just as she was about to turn around, the fellow fifth year shot up in a daze.

"Hey! You alright?" Amber decided to announce her presence from a distance, slow steps accompanying her voice.

Lexi was still shaken up by the Boggart in her dream, it was something that she was having a hard time shaking off. She tried to control her breath as hard as she could, she didn’t want that fear to take over her life and it was starting to do just that. Her time to feel sorry for herself was caught short when she heard Amber. The girl was something alright and she was worried about her? Guess being scared to death by a boggart in a dream had its perks, it wasn’t everyday that Lexi could see Amber, or at least interact with her without other people around. It was hard to miss Lexi’s huge smile as she looked at Amber, standing up to be able to greet Amber correctly.

“Hey. I’m fine, just a bit of an issue.” Amber was there in the classroom, if she was paying attention, she knew what Lexi’s fear was, but if she wasn’t, she was probably going to have a hard time understanding why Lexi was having a bad dream. Telling her or not telling her was a decision that Lexi had to make, on one hand she would look ridiculous, on the other she didn’t want to meet Chloe looking like that, her sister would know something was wrong. “Just something that happened in DADA you know? The Boggart thing kinda freaked me out a little” she wasn’t completely honest, skipping the part of her condition, but it would be too much information to dump on Amber, she didn’t want to burden her.

“How about you? Did you come here to relax?” it was a good place to do that, it had to be the reason why Amber was there, Lexi couldn’t think of any other. “How about you join me? I’m quiet and I don’t want to be alone right now.” She spoke in an unusual soft voice as she looked at Amber with a smile.

Amber's steps halted as she came within close proximity of Lexi and her hands took refuge inside the pockets of her pants as she watched the girl. She had gone from zero to one hundred in the blink of an eye, which stood out to the Seeker like a sore thumb - Amber had enough experience with people to know she was hiding something. She was proven right when Lexi herself brought it up but it came across as if it was somewhat downplayed.

"That's a way of puttin' it." She nodded at one of the questions. She had wanted to get away from everyone; yet there she was, engaging in conversation with a fellow fifth year. Perhaps she could leave the process of reflection for night time provided Mairead didn't bother her too much (and, in a way, she felt guilty about thinking about her own sister like that in that moment).

"Sure thing, Lex Luthor. I'll keep you company." She didn't have training that afternoon - it looked like it was Lexi's lucky day. Sitting down on the grass next to where the fellow Spencer was standing, she removed her own patch-covered bag from her shoulder and laid it upon the ground to serve as a makeshift pillow. She then proceeded to lean back until her beanie-covered head hit the bag, staring up at the sky as she made herself comfortable.

"Why are you hiding all the way out here?" She decided to take it upon herself to get the conversation going. "The Bushland ain't really safe, ya know? All sortsa creatures roamin' about. Taking a nap without someone to watch over you isn't the best of ideas."

Lexi smiled at Amber. The other girl still didn’t seem very happy to have some company, but Lexi was quiet, she was sure Amber wouldn’t mind, and after that dream she didn’t feel like being alone there. She couldn’t go home, Chloe could see her and would ask her what was wrong, and she didn’t want to explain Chloe, but to Amber was different, they were friend? Maybe, Lexi wasn’t too sure about that despite her fascination with the other Spencer. When Amber accept to stay Lexi took a deep breath, relieved about Amber’s acceptance. The other Spencer was truly amazing. “Thanks Amber, I really appreciate it.”

“I came here to think and relax but ended up falling asleep.” Lexi looked at Amber and then back up at the sky, she still didn’t want to worry Chloe, it wasn’t right, her sister should have to worry about her, and she should be able to fix her own issue, regardless of what they are. She knew the Bushland wasn’t safe, but did she think about it when she decided to go there? No, she didn’t even consider that she could be in danger. “Good thing you showed up them. My Knight in shining armour, to save me from whatever is crawling in the Bushland.” Lexi played her flirt cool, Amber was like a Paladin.

“The sun is bright, it’s a good way to just stand here, quietly looking up. Don’t you think?” Lexi asked. It was a way to tell Amber it was alright to stay quiet, just enjoying the scenery with the silent company of another person. Lexi turned her head to meet Amber, to flash the girl a smile before looking back up at the sky. Amber was a really good friend.

Amber's hands came to fold just under her head as she laid down on the grass, one eye shut and the other trained on Lexi as she went on. "Knight in shining armor?" She repeated. She hadn't caught on to the flirting tone and found little relatability to the joking comment, figuring she was only doing what anyone with a modicum of common sense would do (even if one could argue Amber lacked in that department). Had she missed something?

"I guess so, though I think I'm kinda tired of staying up all the time." It was more of a philosophical thing for her to say, but Amber was growing exhausted from all sides at once. For all the work she put into achieving her own dreams and solidifying her future, those days it felt like she had little to no time to herself; she kept running around to appease people outside of training, and by the time she got home she was too exhausted to sit and enjoy anything without her mind worrying about what she'd have to do the following day.

"Though I'm more the type to look down, y'know? I'd rather be up in the sky myself." Throwing herself off of high places for a living was a running gag Amber herself had made due to her activities. She was an adrenaline junkie and a high flyer in more ways than one. More often than not, people looked like ants beneath her instead of her having her mind up in the stars. "Different strokes for different folks."

It seemed that the other Spencer hadn’t realized that Lexi was flirting; maybe Amber had no idea what flirting was or dismissed the tone, it was disappointing that she hadn’t followed up on Lexi’s comment, it even seemed to confuse her a little about the meaning. “Well you know, someone that comes to another person’s rescue. Someone who’s the hero despite the situation.” Lexi said with conviction, maybe that would be better for the spencer to comprehend? Maybe not, Lexi could only hope that Amber could catch on the words as a compliment and not as an insult. Amber was the Knight in Shining Armour everyone wanted, she should be able to see that sooner or later.

“You sound like you need some time to yourself, maybe even shut down for a couple of hours, you look tired.” Lexi closed her eyes. Maybe she could understand where Amber was getting at, but Lexi had her own hobbies, her own things and no one could take those away from her. “There’s nothing wrong with that.” Lexi couldn’t see the whole picture, it was hard for her since more than often it was others indulging her own desires, maybe that was what Amber needed, someone to put her first, to think about what she needed and wanted instead of being the other way around.

“That much be nice. I can’t stand high places every well.” Not only Lexi had a week body she disliked being in a tall place and having to look down, her head would start spinning and then her stomach would make things a lot worse. “I like my feet on the ground, or the water, anyplace that doesn’t try to actively kill me I guess.” She joked. She really wanted to live a few more years, she wouldn’t want to die without accomplish anything.

Amber looked up at Lexi incredulously as she continued. A hero? What on Earth did Amber have in her minimally resembling a hero? She wasn't of noble birth, didn't have any sort of achievement to her name or had the gravitas nor was half as valiant as one should be. Instead, she only did things that felt like common sense to her. What was so heroic about that? It felt like she was being placed on a pedestal for some odd reason and it made her somewhat uncomfortable.

"Well, you're way higher up than me right now." She decided to joke, as Lexi remained standing up while Amber herself was on her back on the cool grass. "I don't think resting a lil' bit more will kill ya. Unless some earthquake goes off and the ground splits open, we should be pretty safe." Though, it would certainly have been quite the sight to watch the ground crack apart and crumble - just like in cartoons, creating a massive fissure that went on for just about forever, leading to the depths of the planet's molten mantle. 'Morbid. Impossible. But rad.'

"Do you want to talk about it or do you want me to not-so-smoothly find a distracting topic?" Amber didn't like talking about her own Boggart. It was an asian giant hornet - the girl could die if stung by one because of such allergies, and the bigger the hornet, the greater the fear instilled within the young Spencer. It wasn't like she liked facing her own mortality despite her daredevil-like exterior. "Though, if it serves for any consolation, almost everyone's afraid of dying. Just some more than others. You didn't see my Boggart then, but let's say it's about the same thing too."

Lexi eventually joined Amber down, her fear was falling asleep once more was what was keeping her up, it was a bit hard to fall asleep when one is standing up, as least like that she wouldn’t have to worry about her nightmares catching up to her. Lexi laughed at Amber’s comment about the earthquake swallowing them whole, the thought of it was pretty amusing. “I mean, I’m very attached to my life but that would be awesome.” Lexi commented. She wouldn’t want to die but if that happened, she probably wouldn’t mind dying while experiencing it, but she probably should keep quiet about that, she didn’t want people to start worrying about her, or taking it with a second meaning.

“You can not-so-smoothly find a distracting topic.” Lexi spoke, smiling at Amber. She was only used to opening up to her sister, and even to her it was hard, Lexi didn’t want to worry Chloe about what was happening to her, it wasn’t fair she took all her sister’s time and attention especially during such an important year. When Amber spoke, Lexi looked at her, would it be so bad? “…I always had a weak health so, let’s say being in and out of the hospital was in the past and I don’t want it to happen again.” It was the easy version, maybe when Amber unlock a new friendship level Lexi would be more comfortable taking up her time.

“But you’re Amber Cross, the Knight in Shining Armour, ready to save everyone. I think you’d fight through a thousand boggarts with your fear to save people.” Lexi crossed her hands behind her head, using them as a pillow. Probably didn’t mean much to Amber, and they clearly weren’t close friends, but Lexi still found her impressive, and she should find Amber not only a sword but also a matching armour for Amber to use, or keep, whatever she wanted.

A lopsided smile grew on Amber's lips as the attempt to cheer Lexi up worked without a hitch. She scooted away slightly as the fellow Spencer decided to join her on the grass at last to give her space, not that she needed to, and turned her head to face her as they idly chatted away that breezy afternoon. She hoped her own clothes wouldn't be too dirty once she got up from her resting spot, but last case scenario she could just ask Lexi to pat her back later.

"You're makin' me sound way more noble and stuff than I am, y'know. I think I just do what anyone else would." Amber gave Lexi a shrug of her shoulders, sincerity clear in her tone. While she did want to be looked at while performing, the Seeker wasn't too sure she was comfortable with being put on a pedestal as an individual. As far as she was concerned she was pretty far down in the totem pole, so for someone to use her as a standard meant that everyone else was really badly off - something Amber refused to believe in.

"But, anyway... I don't think you should worry too much about that. If stuff's really like you say it is, there's a ton of people watching your back, yeah?" Her family and closer friends, at least, should if they gave a damn about Lexi. Amber could be included in that crowd now that she was more aware of that fact. "I think I'm more at risk, I literally jump offa tall places for a livin'. Tell you what, let's make a bet. If I die first you get to throw a party at my funeral. Deal? I'll let my guardian know in advance so she doesn't kill any party goers." She joked, raising a knuckle for a bump so to signify the deal.

“No…not everyone would do it you know?” It sounded as if Amber didn’t give herself enough credit, some people were loud and arrogant, but not Amber she was humble and she didn’t know her self-worth, or maybe she did and didn’t want to parade it around like most people do. “You’re noble, you just haven’t seen it yet.” Lexi smiled at Amber, a big cheery smile. Lexi was being honest, but she was also trying to flirt with Amber at the same time, probably something that the other Spencer didn’t understand, or hadn’t picked up yet. “But opinions are different, some see you, some just see what you show, and some just refuse it.” Lexi had a bit of a reputation, but most people just saw what she wanted them to see, which in many cases was good. “But you’ll always be my Knight in Shining Armour.”

It wasn’t a matter of people watching her back or not, if Lexi’s heart fails there’s not much to be done, no could predict it and no one could magically save her, some things could not be fixed with magic. “You need a safety net and someone that can heal broken bones.” A broken bone was different, Amber just needed to be prepared, taking someone with her could be considered being prepared. “Do you really want a party on your funeral?” Lexi asked, chuckling at the thought of suddenly throwing a party at someone else’s funeral, but she didn’t want Amber to die, at least not like that.

“I guess we should celebrate life instead. Funerals don’t let you do that.” Many cultures accepted a party or some form of celebration during funerals, precisely to celebrate the life a person lived, now her soul free from her earthly prison. “I might do it, but I don’t think you’ll die any time soon.”

Much like Lexi had predicted, the flirty intent of her remark flew completely over Amber's head. She watched the half-Japanese girl with skepticism, wrinkling her nose at the notion still. To her, it came across as if Lexi was describing a Bourke rather than Amber. Knight in shining armor? If anything, she was the court jester at best. Always there when people needed a distraction or something to laugh at. She couldn't fathom why Lexi saw her in such light and couldn't recall any point in the past where she'd earned such recognition either. 'Am I missing something...?'

"Right? You'd better throw a party now, it's just a master of seeing who gets to throw it first. And I'm placin' my bet on it being my funeral, so, if I win I'll be dead and if I lose I'll be broke." She joked, recovering the good humor of the conversation seamlessly. "S'a matter of picking which one's worse there." Dead. Even if she was broke she could still throw herself off a roof for fun, though that might end up being the end of her, ironically enough.

"Though, you gonna leave me hanging here?" She wiggled her closed fist, still waiting for a proper bump. "That's just rude, Lex Luger. First key of building a network is being nice to people, do you wanna make your future party's dead host sad?"

“Doesn’t have to be a big party if I die. Close friends are enough.” Lexi spoke as her smile grew as she looked at Amber. The other Spencer has a strange sense of humour, but who was Lexi to complain about it? At least she was fun and was willing to make fun of it as it went along. She noticed the fist and hers touched Amber’s before her hand open and she made an explosion sound. “Sorry Amberino.” She was gradually getting better, less gloomy. “So, if we’re going to be each other’s hosts, how about we do something the other likes? What do you like?” Lexi asked as she looked at the other Spencer by putting her hands behind the back of her head.

“Aside from the party, why you seem so … up for it?” it sounded like something was off, did Amber had a death wish? Was she even considering taking her own life? That was a rather cheerful conversation, but it seemed to have a certain heavy tone to it. “Amber, you seem like…I don’t know how to say this…but, do you have a death wish?” Maybe not the right words but it was the only thing that Lexi could think of that could fit the feeling she was getting from the conversation, almost that something was wrong. She never talked too much with Amber, but she could see the other Spencer and often things weren’t as gloomy.

“I dunno, it’s a feeling that I have…sorry if I am being too nosy…” some people tried to keep their distance from Lexi because of it, she asked too many questions, wanted to know too much about other people’s lives without contributing with a bit of her own, but she had given enough to Amber, or at least she hopped it was enough.

"Close friends? Am I in or am I out?" The amusement spread on Amber's face made obvious it was more of a joke than an actual question. A small smile grew on her face as her fist was bumped and she let that hand move to cradle the back of her own head once more for comfort, as she could occasionally feel some objects stab at her scalp through the fabric of her backpack whenever she happened to shift around.

"Somethin' with a pinata. Shove my money inside, so y'all get nice and rich when I'm gone instead 'o me writin' a will or something." In retrospect, it'd be a shame if she were to be too dead to watch that happen. Of course, her being gone didn't mean there was no fun allowed in the world. If there was any legacy she'd like to leave behind, it was one of happiness and joy, for people to laugh and smile when they remember her rather than cry, much like it was the case for her parents.

The conversation took a heavy turn, something that should have been expected given the morbidity of the topic, yet it caught Amber off guard. "It's fine, but... A death wish?" Did she? Amber could certainly see why Lexi would think that; in fact, she could see why a lot of people would. Her reputation relied very much on her being reckless and a bit of a daredevil, always willing to step out of her own comfort zone for the strangest of reasons. Yet, did she?

"...Nah." She shook her head as her eyes shifted to watch the sky above. Hopefully it wouldn't rain, she thought as she proceeded. "...I guess... Even if I've been strugglin' a bit lately, I just wanna live life without regrets, y'know? If the path I end up taking leads me to the end of the road, s'fine if I get there and I've done what I'm here to do, no matter how long that walk ends up being. And in the end, guess all I can do is hope my parents would be proud of me."

It was a painful thing to admit. Her gaze grew distant as her mind latched on to memories of the past, of a time when they were still alive and giving her unconditional support. Those two perished at a young age, doing what they loved. Amber was of the firm belief they had gone out without a single regret and would have done what they did all over again if they had the choice. In an effort to keep their legacy alive she had to take on that very same mindset, something she was nothing short of proud of doing.

“You really gotta ask Amberino?” Lexi replied to Amber’s rhetorical question with one, followed by a laugh. She wasn’t expecting the other Spencer to have asked such a thing, but all she could do was enjoy how their little interaction was going. The pinata sounded fun, but Lexi wasn’t sure if she could do such a thing, but maybe because Lexi had a different view on things, and in her case, money couldn’t really help her if it was her time to go. “Why not give it to places you think that deserve it? it wasn’t her money, but Lexi probably give it to someplace where they could help others, but Lexi doubted she was going to be rich.

“Yeah, a death wish.” She couldn’t explain why she thought that, perhaps given how light-hearted Amber was talking about her own death? One shouldn’t be afraid of it, it’s inevitable they can’t stop it and they certainly can’t live forever, but it was something that always bugged Lexi, perhaps because of her condition since she was a child, not being able to do what her mother wanted her to do, and now enjoying her father’s trade, learning how to bake and working at the bakery has become more than a hobby to her. She tried to open her mouth to speak but nothing came out, the only thing that came out was air.

Amber proceeded to explain, it sounded hard. Lexi’s life was good, she shouldn’t have to be feeling like she was, questioning everything, Amber did have it worse and yet she was trying to cheer her up. Indeed, a Knight in Shining Armor. “Taking chances great but … what if you end up like a vegetable on a hospital bed? Wouldn’t you regret it? Being alive, being aware of everything and yet not being able to live.” Lexi couldn’t believe it could happen, given their world and the development of new spells they could cure a lot of things, but magic always comes with a price, they just need to figure out what it is.

“But, if it’s worth it, your parents would be very proud.” Amber was a great person, perhaps sometimes a little childish, but so was Lexi, being childish was more fun than being an adult and behaving properly. Life was meant to be lives, but not carelessly. “I think you can live, without trying to break your neck, I mean, I wouldn’t want you to break your neck nor anyone that likes you.”

"Yeah, I see what you mean." Amber wasn't going to agree with Lexi's mindset. Perhaps it was deeply selfish of her not to; nevertheless, she understood her point. Even with her own insecurities she knew there were people in her life that cared about her well being, in particular within her adopted family. People such as Samantha and Ezekiel, Sibylla and Gemini, and even Evelyn, they surely wouldn't let her live it down if she had gone and gotten herself hurt in a manner in which they deemed stupid (even if her own definition of the word differed), which would only make her potential life as a vegetable even more miserable than it normally would have been.

Nevertheless, the Seeker wasn't one to be deteerred by that prospect, so firm was her world view. "Though, on the flip side... I'd rather regret something I did than something I didn't do, y'know? If something happens to me like that, it'll be hell to live through, sure. But... At least I know I did everythin' I possibly could to do what I had to do, or to make my dreams a reality."

Her dreams. She should probably start looking into learning Japanese to facilitate them, and perhaps Lexi would be one of the people she'd ask about it some day. Amber took a deep breath before continuing as a vain attempt of shaking the gloom off of herself. "Plus, if I don't do stuff as much as I can... I'll always wonder what it could've been. I think that, for someone like me, it'd be much worse a thing to live with. And, uh... Thanks." She smiled just a bit as she remember to reply to the mention her parents would be proud. It meant a lot, even if she could never be too sure of how true it was.

They were different, Lexi had to accept that Amber’s point of view and hers were different, while the other Spencer didn’t agree it didn’t mean it was time to stop talking to her. Lexi liked when people agreed with her, it validated her in a way, like she was doing something right, but in that case, she just had to live with it. She couldn’t disagree with Amber though, regretting something they did, and not something they didn’t do was better, it proved that they at least tried to live, however, the impending fear of being stuck, at the mercy of everyone, was scary for Lexi and she couldn’t shake it off her head. “I suppose you have a point there…I would just simply prefer not to be stuck to a bed over my stupidity.” It was different opinions and different fears.

“You’re a very active person, I feel like if you stop you might just stop moving altogether one day.” Lexi joked, but without she didn’t mean to hurt Amber in any way, it was just how she saw her. Amber was active, she was always moving and that somewhat made Lexi wonder what would happen if Amber just stopped moving that it wasn’t for her sleepy time. “I’m sure they are, wherever they are I am pretty sure they are proud of who you are and who you will become.” As someone who thought their own parents weren’t proud of her, she didn’t want Amber to feel the same, even if that knowledge was lost forever.

Lexi closed her eyes briefly and felt the light breeze before she opened her eyes again. “I hope that whatever the future holds for us, we don’t end up both death in a ditch or over something stupid.” Lexi tried to cheer up the mood, but it was being a bit hard with the previous talk. “Thanks for listening Amber.”

It made sense to Amber that Lexi didn't entirely see things the same way. The half-Japanese girl suffered from the burden of a weak health and that easily warped one's perspective on things; at least, Amber had observed such a thing on Meadow, a close friend, whom seemed quite terrified of putting herself through any sort of danger given how frail she was in general. It wasn't something she could blame either girl for though at the same time she couldn't help believing that unrelenting fear kept the two from enjoying their lives as they should.

The idea of coming to a screeching halt one day brought a chuckle out of the older Spencer. It had happened already - just over half a year before she had gotten injured so badly that she spent a solid two weeks without getting up from bed, unable to walk without an extreme amount of pain shooting up and down her back. Injury recovery times were the worst to someone who liked to keep moving at all times indeed, yet she did feel spurred on whenever she felt her muscles strain under physical activity, or even hurt. Would have she fallen in love with the world of professional wrestling if she didn't? Probably not.

"Huh? Thanks for listenin'?" The phrase caught her off guard and her gaze shifted from the sky up above to the girl next to her, looking at her in befuddlement. "I'm pretty sure I did all the talking just now, Lexus. Then again... T'was the point, wasn't it? Keepin' ya distracted." Despite the way in which Amber had replied, Lexi's words did work in cheering the Seeker somewhat. Given the pick-me-up she started to feel restless over being on her back for so long, at which point she kicked herself up to a sitting position with little issue regarding finding the proper momentum to accomplish it.

She crossed her legs and turned in her seat to face Lexi as her own two hands moved to grip her own ankles idly. She seemed to forget about her backpack for the time being. "Though, it ain't every day someone asks me about myself, lemme tell ya. Feels weird to talk about stuff, 'n I ain't much of a thinker or philosopher or anythin'." She shrugged. "Not the bad kind of weird, mind you."

Lexi’s health wasn’t the best, she disliked being confined to a bed whenever her health deteriorated, currently it’s been good, but it could get worse again and at any time she could be stuck to a bed for a while, that scared her more than anything. Amber didn’t just talk, she listened to Lexi as well. Lexi wasn’t sure if she could talk to someone about it other than Chloe. Her sister has always been there for her and it was time to start to slowly cut the ties, allow to Chloe to worry about herself instead of always worrying about Lexi.

“I mean, you did listen Amber and you tried to keep me distracted as well.” Amber was a good friend, perhaps too good. When Amber sat, Lexi followed the Seeker’s movements and crossed her legs. Lexi enjoyed another light breeze before turning her attention towards the other Spencer who had turned towards her, making Lexi turning towards Amber. Lexi wasn’t used to a situation like this, with Chloe things were much different, but she was enjoying the time and the conversation with Amber.

“It’s always weird to talk about how you feel, it’s not easy I guess.” Lexi wiggled her legs a little. She knew what she was talking about, she didn’t like to talk about it, but people often didn’t ask her about it either. “You probably need a friendly person to listen to you. I have Chloe, usually, she … she listens to everything, but I don’t want to worry her you know? She’d so everything for me.” Lexi spoke. She didn’t want to look ungrateful towards Chloe and all the effort. “And if you want that friendly person you know where you can find me.”

"That's your sister, right?" Amber had heard through the grapevine that Lexi did have a sibling named 'Chloe' but didn't know much at all beyond that, not having met her before - or, perhaps, she did and couldn't remember. Amber had been an only child within the Cross household, but once she she was adopted into the Townsend household she did get one, Mairead. To add to that there were her cousins Samantha and Alyona, so close to her in age and social circles that she could very well consider them such as well. Though, despite befriending each and every one of them, she couldn't claim she had what Lexi did: someone to rely on unconditionally, someone whom she felt comfortable speaking her mind to without judgement.

Or maybe she did and didn't want to see it. That possibility had always been in Amber's mind yet she felt discordantly. Perhaps it was because she wanted to make her family proud and to stop having them see her as a child, or perhaps it was over her inferiority complex over her own issues. Either way, the lack of someone to call a best friend or a platonic soulmate or anything of the sort did grind at her sanity at times and that little conversation she had with Lexi just then served to provide minimal comfort and relief. Perhaps she was more inclined to share precisely because she wasn't family.

"That's a heavy responsibility, Lexicon. Don't want to have ya tearin' your hair out over my stuff when we can just kick back and chill instead." She attempted to deflect, letting her trademark cheerful smile spread on her face - if a bit forced. Even if she felt more at ease talking with Lexi than she would with other family members, she still didn't want to burden her with her own idiotic issues. "Though, if you do have stuff going on, hit me up, yeah? I'll hang out if I can. We can't have ya hiding all the way out here, now can we?" Opting to ignore the hypocrisy of her own statement, she tried to cheer the girl up by injecting some energy into her tone.

Lexi nodded at Amber. “Yeah, she’s a Sturt. She’s very quiet and she’s the best sister anyone could ask for.” It was clear that for Lexi, her best friend was Chloe, she could tell her everything and could talk to her about anything without feeling judge, she would always get love from Chloe, regardless of her sister’s lack of social abilities, one had to know Chloe to understand how much she cares. “I assume you don’t have siblings?” Lexi inquired a bit curious about Amber. She was sure the Seeker didn’t, but gossip is gossip and one never knows how real it is until they confirm the veracity of it. The way Amber seemed to carry the whole world on her shoulder it sounded like she didn’t have anyone to rely on, Lexi couldn’t decide if Amber was brave or simply alone.

“I’m childish but I’m not stupid. It is a responsibility, but if it’s shared then what’s the big deal? That’s what friends are for.” Lexi nudge Amber lightly as her smile grew towards the seeker. She shouldn’t carry everything inside and for the heavy conversation it sounded as if Amber liked to carry everyone’s issues around her back along with her own without giving it too much thought. “A friend isn’t just to chill, it’s to be there when you need it, maybe even fall down with you a couple of times. Sometimes helping you get up…Chloe taught me that by being her.”

She ignored Amber’s words, briefly. “I’ll hit you up, if you hit me up, or else you’ll just have to come find me all the way out here again, maybe in a giant’s lair one day, you’d have to save my skinny ass.” She spoke with a slight joke. “I think it’s a fair trade.”

"I see, that's pretty cool." A smile spread across Amber's lips as Lexi praised her sister. It was nice to know they had such a tight bond. Her mind inadvertently wandered towards the question of whether any of her family members would ever bother to describe her to someone else in such a positive light at all but ultimately she decided not to dwell on it too much for the sake of her sanity. "I do, yeah. Mairead. Uh, Mairead Townsend." She felt the need to repeat the name so to underline the difference in the last name. They weren't related by blood yet Amber saw her as if she were. "Same age, attends Tallygarunga too. You've probably seen her around. Flinders."

An eyebrow raised as Lexi claimed she was 'childish, but not stupid'. She hadn't meant either word, yet could safely say both descriptors fit Amber herself like a glove. Or so was the common belief. Nevertheless she felt somewhat embarrassed with the scolding and her eyes were eventually cast away from the fellow Spencer. She brought one hand from her ankle to the back of her head, awkwardly scratching at her scalp through the beanie covering it as she tried to gather her thoughts.

"Feels like you're puttin' me between a rock and a hard place there, Lexington." A chuckle escaped as she managed to look back at Lexi once more. "I'd like to avoid fighting giants if I can though. So I'll keep that in mind, yeah? Fair's fair." She conceded even if she wasn't too sure of herself. It partially felt like a case of charity, but could it be that Lexi was in need of having someone there for her despite having Chloe? Amber didn't think she could be that good a friend to the girl to begin with over her own hectic scheduling and various responsibilities she had to others, but she could at least try.

She held a hand out for a proper handshake on the deal. "This ain't how I expected my little trip here to go, but I sure as hell ain't complainin'."

It wasn’t hard noticing how Lexi felt about her sister, it was clear to everyone that ever knew the young Spencer, also knew how she felt about her sister and how much of a role model Chloe was to her, however, the way Amber spoke made Lexi tilt her head lightly. “So, you have a sister. That’s nice. Are you two good friends? Or like those bickering types but with lots of love?” Lexi asked. Her relationship with Chloe was good, they were inseparable, even if Lexi did feel like a dead weight. The way Amber reacted when Lexi spoke, made the girl feel a bit guilty, she didn’t mean to say anything bad to Amber, or to even make her feel bad.

Was she though? Maybe she was, but friends were supposed to be there for each other, not just for the good moments, but for the bad too, and Amber did need someone to talk with, she was carrying the whole world on her shoulders, sharing the load wouldn’t kill her and it wouldn’t kill Lexi, but maybe it was because Amber didn’t trust the younger Stewart. “Alright, I promise I won’t be kidnapped by Giants.” She joked, looking at Amber with a big bright smile. “You have my word on that one, can’t promise I won’t end up in the hospital though.” That was something she probably couldn’t avoid, no matter how much she wanted to.

Lexi took Amber’s hand and shook it. “That makes two of us Amberino.” Lexi just had gone there to think, and relax but she ended up falling asleep, but she was quite happy about how the situation turned out.

"Hm? Yeah, we're friends." Amber replied with a nod. She wasn't one to be on bad terms with a lot of people and so bickering wasn't necessarily a staple of her regular social regimen (save for a few Sturts whom usually gave her some trouble, but even then it could hardly be called 'bickering'). Perhaps that meant that Amber was too much of a doormat but she couldn't understand nor relate to how two people whom seemingly hate each other could actually care for one another.

'Most of 'em sure like takin' stabs at me though...'

"The hospital?" Right, she had poor health. A small wrinkling of her nose was quickly followed by a shrug of the Spencer's shoulders. "Eh, if that happens, I'll just hafta chat the illness or pain or whatever it is outta ya, right? They say laughter's the best reason for a reason." Though, it was getting late. It wasn't like Samantha was sticking around with her knowledge of the Murrigal Bushland, and so the later it got the more dangerous it became for the Spencers to stick around. Amber decided to get back to her feet, brushing dirt off her pants before holding a hand out for Lexi to take.

"Now, c'mon, Miss would-be-damsel-in-distress." She could make fun of the little Knight in Shining Armor joke after all, as shown by the mischievous smirk coloring her lips. "I don't think what we each came out here to do's gonna happen so we might as well head back, eh? I'll escort ya back t'school 'n everything." It was a good deal, she thought, and she didn't mind walking all the way back to town afterwards. If anything the exercise could keep her from thinking things she shouldn't dwell too much on.

It was good that Amber got along with her sister, sometimes sisters bicker and fight, but deep down they do everything for the other, or at least that’s what she would expect if her and Chloe would argue about a few things, she would still love her sister. Lexi nodded at Amber’s question, it seemed that the Seeker had forgotten about what they had talked previously, it wasn’t important though. “You’d be welcomed to the Hospital, hopefully I won’t get to attached to it.” Lexi threw it as a joke, but their conversation went well, Lexi was able to talk and getting out of her system, and now she has a deeper insight on Amber.

Lexi pretended to be offended by Amber’s words before giggling. “I’d be a perfect damsel in distress if I wanted to be, I got the looks, a pretty face, I just don’t have the manners.” She spoke, still joking about the situation. Lexi was by far the worse damsel in destress that could exist, she could be quiet, but her manners were atrocious, no one would take her serious as a damsel. Lexi accepted Amber’s proposal and her lips curled into a smile. “See? I told you. You’re a Knight in Shining Armour. You’re even escorting the damsel in distress back to school.” Lexi had to try. The younger Stewart got up and held out a hand for Amber to take. “But it’s Friday, I’m actually going to town.” She still had to go to the bakery to help her father with a couple of things before they closed down. “Thanks.”

Once the girls were both ready, Lexi waited for Amber to start moving so they could go head back to the town and each their own way, at least for the rest of that weekend.