Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
September, 2019 :: Spring

Fear of living

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ☆ StudentTecri
15 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her/Hers

What was Lexi doing in a place like that? She couldn’t even answer that question herself. After the Boggarts’ class she had been paying attention to everything and everyone, it wasn’t easy living like that and she didn’t want to worry Chloe with meaningless worries, they were her own and her sister needed to focus on her studies. Lexi wasn’t much of a scholar, she studied enough to be a good student, not perfect, but good enough, but Chloe? Chloe was the best student, she was smart and as much as Lexi wished she had her sister’s patience to study, she just couldn’t stand still for too long, she had to be doing something.

After wondering she ended up at the Creek, she still didn’t know why she was there, but at least it was a good place to relax, have an inner conversation with herself for a few seconds before her mind starts wondering off, making little sceneries in her mind, and eventually making herself laugh like she was a psychiatric patient that had escaped the hospital. The ground wasn’t wet, but it was still cold from the Winter, the season of life had only started recently, and everything was still recovering from the season of death, where everything withers and dies before blooming again for a new cycle.

She laid back and closed her eyes, she started humming a song, but it didn’t take long for her body to enjoy the stillness, and she eventually fell sleep. Dreams were nice, except imagining the days walking by, slowly, from the fall and rise of the sun could be a bit scary, if the date on the calendar was Lexi’s birthday. Just like the Boggart had scared her, the dream did the same, it was more effective than the Boggart, making Lexi wake up quickly, her heart beating fast from the idea of dying. “Fudge!” she shouted, trying to catch her breath.

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Spencer Quidditch Team Seeker, Pro WrestlerKirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

The small town that was usually filled with good cheer, upbeat people and a penchant for trouble, as it came with the territory regarding its youthful inhabitants, was at that point been under a blanket of grief, sorrow and morbidity for a solid week at that point. Amber was no exception to this rule - tragedy struck the halfbreed community the day immediately before her birthday, and she'd been intensely overprotective of her family ever since. It didn't help that the victim was the mother of a good friend of hers: it was as if all was crashing down at once and the Spencer could only watch from the sidelines despite direct involvement with some parties associated with the disaster.

She wound up wandering into the bush for the sake of clearing her mind. It was a quiet location for the most part, and that time she wasn't lured into the wilderness due to an escaping Harvey - it wasn't that likely that she'd break her arm a second time and would have to stumble upon miraculous help like she had mid July. Amber could finally just keep to herself and think; while it wasn't something she was exceptionally good at, it was something that was sorely needed at that point.

Fate, however, wouldn't let her have her way. The hope for solitude was quickly dashed as her eyes landed on a friend of hers whom had apparently wandered to the same location of the shore - what were the odds? - and she wasn't alone anymore. For a moment she pondered leaving the way she came, not thinking Lexi had heard her as she seemed fast asleep; but, just as she was about to turn around, the fellow fifth year shot up in a daze.

"Hey! You alright?" Amber decided to announce her presence from a distance, slow steps accompanying her voice.

Lexi was still shaken up by the Boggart in her dream, it was something that she was having a hard time shaking off. She tried to control her breath as hard as she could, she didn’t want that fear to take over her life and it was starting to do just that. Her time to feel sorry for herself was caught short when she heard Amber. The girl was something alright and she was worried about her? Guess being scared to death by a boggart in a dream had its perks, it wasn’t everyday that Lexi could see Amber, or at least interact with her without other people around. It was hard to miss Lexi’s huge smile as she looked at Amber, standing up to be able to greet Amber correctly.

“Hey. I’m fine, just a bit of an issue.” Amber was there in the classroom, if she was paying attention, she knew what Lexi’s fear was, but if she wasn’t, she was probably going to have a hard time understanding why Lexi was having a bad dream. Telling her or not telling her was a decision that Lexi had to make, on one hand she would look ridiculous, on the other she didn’t want to meet Chloe looking like that, her sister would know something was wrong. “Just something that happened in DADA you know? The Boggart thing kinda freaked me out a little” she wasn’t completely honest, skipping the part of her condition, but it would be too much information to dump on Amber, she didn’t want to burden her.

“How about you? Did you come here to relax?” it was a good place to do that, it had to be the reason why Amber was there, Lexi couldn’t think of any other. “How about you join me? I’m quiet and I don’t want to be alone right now.” She spoke in an unusual soft voice as she looked at Amber with a smile.

Amber's steps halted as she came within close proximity of Lexi and her hands took refuge inside the pockets of her pants as she watched the girl. She had gone from zero to one hundred in the blink of an eye, which stood out to the Seeker like a sore thumb - Amber had enough experience with people to know she was hiding something. She was proven right when Lexi herself brought it up but it came across as if it was somewhat downplayed.

"That's a way of puttin' it." She nodded at one of the questions. She had wanted to get away from everyone; yet there she was, engaging in conversation with a fellow fifth year. Perhaps she could leave the process of reflection for night time provided Mairead didn't bother her too much (and, in a way, she felt guilty about thinking about her own sister like that in that moment).

"Sure thing, Lex Luthor. I'll keep you company." She didn't have training that afternoon - it looked like it was Lexi's lucky day. Sitting down on the grass next to where the fellow Spencer was standing, she removed her own patch-covered bag from her shoulder and laid it upon the ground to serve as a makeshift pillow. She then proceeded to lean back until her beanie-covered head hit the bag, staring up at the sky as she made herself comfortable.

"Why are you hiding all the way out here?" She decided to take it upon herself to get the conversation going. "The Bushland ain't really safe, ya know? All sortsa creatures roamin' about. Taking a nap without someone to watch over you isn't the best of ideas."

Lexi smiled at Amber. The other girl still didn’t seem very happy to have some company, but Lexi was quiet, she was sure Amber wouldn’t mind, and after that dream she didn’t feel like being alone there. She couldn’t go home, Chloe could see her and would ask her what was wrong, and she didn’t want to explain Chloe, but to Amber was different, they were friend? Maybe, Lexi wasn’t too sure about that despite her fascination with the other Spencer. When Amber accept to stay Lexi took a deep breath, relieved about Amber’s acceptance. The other Spencer was truly amazing. “Thanks Amber, I really appreciate it.”

“I came here to think and relax but ended up falling asleep.” Lexi looked at Amber and then back up at the sky, she still didn’t want to worry Chloe, it wasn’t right, her sister should have to worry about her, and she should be able to fix her own issue, regardless of what they are. She knew the Bushland wasn’t safe, but did she think about it when she decided to go there? No, she didn’t even consider that she could be in danger. “Good thing you showed up them. My Knight in shining armour, to save me from whatever is crawling in the Bushland.” Lexi played her flirt cool, Amber was like a Paladin.

“The sun is bright, it’s a good way to just stand here, quietly looking up. Don’t you think?” Lexi asked. It was a way to tell Amber it was alright to stay quiet, just enjoying the scenery with the silent company of another person. Lexi turned her head to meet Amber, to flash the girl a smile before looking back up at the sky. Amber was a really good friend.

Amber's hands came to fold just under her head as she laid down on the grass, one eye shut and the other trained on Lexi as she went on. "Knight in shining armor?" She repeated. She hadn't caught on to the flirting tone and found little relatability to the joking comment, figuring she was only doing what anyone with a modicum of common sense would do (even if one could argue Amber lacked in that department). Had she missed something?

"I guess so, though I think I'm kinda tired of staying up all the time." It was more of a philosophical thing for her to say, but Amber was growing exhausted from all sides at once. For all the work she put into achieving her own dreams and solidifying her future, those days it felt like she had little to no time to herself; she kept running around to appease people outside of training, and by the time she got home she was too exhausted to sit and enjoy anything without her mind worrying about what she'd have to do the following day.

"Though I'm more the type to look down, y'know? I'd rather be up in the sky myself." Throwing herself off of high places for a living was a running gag Amber herself had made due to her activities. She was an adrenaline junkie and a high flyer in more ways than one. More often than not, people looked like ants beneath her instead of her having her mind up in the stars. "Different strokes for different folks."