Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
September, 2019 :: Spring

Sturt ☆ Fifth Year ☆ StudentTecri
16 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

The blonde was hopping that this day would turn out better than the previous one. After the prank she wasn’t quite in the mood for anything, and she did manage to remove most of the glowing substance, with the help of her father, who seemed to have had some trouble with it. She only glowed a bit, mostly on her neck, a spot on her forehead and some of her arm, nothing too extreme, and something that could potentially go unnoticed, unless people would stare or if someone pointed them out, like her sister had done a few times after the majority of the glowing had disappeared.

She was going to attend one of the classes, Cruel & Unusual Geography, and interesting yet easy subjected, considering that that she had a great tutor at home. There was nothing else interesting in the area, minus some students who seemed to be going to classes. Her uniform was … awful, the lack of fashion in that school was horrible, why couldn’t they just wear whatever they want? Why did it have to be these stupid, ugly uniforms? The dress was the ugliest thing, but also the only piece of clothing that could help her withstand the temperatures. She had a feeling when Summer comes, she was going to turn into a puddle.

The class had gone by quickly. Did they call that a class? It was a joke, they barely learnt anything. What kind of school was that? She hopped that other classes weren’t lacking like this one was, or when the new school year starts, she wasn’t even going to bother to study, she could easily ace all the classes with this barely mediocre teaching. She existed the class, her face showing a certain superiority, as if she was smarter than everyone in the classroom, including the Professors. That school was a joke and shouldn’t be eligible to teach, who were they trying to trick?

She exited the classroom and hung around the area, maybe there will be another class worth going to, a class where the Professor wasn’t a waste meat suit walking around pretending to teach.

Flinders ☆ Fifth Year Kirupachi
15 year old Halfbreed Dhampir ☆ He/Him

Classes served as a positive and productive distraction method when it came to Ian - he was a part of the more practical classes by default, which demanded a lot of attention and physical aptitude, and so they kept him preoccupied and his thoughts away from more distressing issues. Such had been his fate just then as he had partaken in that day's Elemental Magic class in the Eureka Underground Hallway, deep into Spencer territory. While he didn't mind the area at all and visited his friends there periodically, he couldn't help feeling slightly claustrophobic whenever walking through them.

Next up on the list was Herbology, in the same area - Ian had little motivation to wander off from the corridors, opting instead to sit down in a wider area of the mine shaft and cross his legs as he reached into his school bag. Retrieving a thermal bottle from within, the boy proceeded to stick a straw into it after prying open the lid. A faint scent of blood emanated from it but nobody seemed to be giving him any trouble about it, and he proceeded to sip on the 'beverage'. Either everyone had their noses clogged, or they were horribly used to students (or him) ingesting such things.

His eyes eventually landed on someone whom seemed a little lost - if annoyed, by what he could gather with his heightened senses. "'Scuse me!" He waved a hand towards the girl as the corridor grew increasingly unimpeded, allowing for better visibility. He flashed a polite smile as his bottle was lowered, since he didn't want to speak with a straw in his mouth. "Are you lost? Do you need some help?" A few parts of her were faintly glowing, almost imperceptibly. Had she been caught in the prank that was making rounds around campus?

The way she was moving, and fuming caught the attention of many people, they were irrelevant bags of bones and flesh and she didn’t have time for their opinions on her, after all, a sheep’s opinion is as good as nothing, however, she wasn’t expecting anyone to just go up to her and talk. She turned in the direction of a voice, only to see a kid around her age drinking something highly disgusting by the smell of it, it bothered her a little, but she had smelled worse things in her life, and that didn’t make her gag just my smelling it. She had to give this kid some points for not trying to murder her. She stared at him for a brief moment, from head to toe before she stared at his eyes, her face with a blank and annoyed expression was enough for others to feel a slight cold.

“No, I’m not lost.” She spoke as if he had insulted her. She wouldn’t get lost, she had perfect memory, she knew perfectly which corridor to go to, which classrooms to go to. Can’t a person be annoyed at a teacher’s teaching method and suddenly they are lost? Did she look like she was even lost to begin with? Frustrated? Yes. Upset? Yes. But lost? No, she wasn’t fucking lost. “I’m just wondering how you can learn where teacher’s quality is so low that I could walk all over it and feel like the floor is descending.” She crossed her arms to look at the kid, her eyes still fixated on him, showing anger that was trying to be controlled, but somehow was leaking through words.

“You’re not a Spencer, are you?” He better not be a Spencer, or she was going to punch him right there in the face. The glow substance was still in her body and it wasn’t going away, she wished she had punched the other Spencer girl, if she could turn back time, she wouldn’t hesitate into going back to fix it and punch her, only to satisfy her anger for still having the substance in her skin.

Once Ian got Colette's attention, his hand lowered as it lacked a need of waving for much longer. The girl seemed quite annoyed. Was he bothering her? He inwardly scolded himself for such a reckless approach, and was reminded that he should keep other people's moods in mind whenever it was that he tried to help them. Hopefully he didn't mess up the situation too much.

"Oh, I see..." Clutching the bottle tightly so it wouldn't fall and spill blood all over the floor, Ian moved back up to his feet, using his free hand to pat at the fabric of his pants to get rid of any impurities that might be soiling them. This girl brought up a point that he had heard many a student complain about before - about how the class quality was inferior, and about how most teachers looked like they didn't care.

'Maybe they're right? But I feel like that's unfair...'

"I'm not, no." He shook his head. That question actually explained a lot - it confirmed his suspicion of the girl having been caught in the blast of the Spencers' attack on the Sturt Quidditch team. It also indicated that she was a potential player for that same team - and, for as much as he didn't want to outwardly admit, it also explained the somewhat standoffish composure. He did know 'good' Sturts, though, so he decided not to pass judgement just yet.

"I'm a Flinders, actually... But, I take it you've ran into Spencers already." He bowed his head apologetically. "I'm sorry for anything that may have happened." He spoke sincerely, hoping for the girl to be alright. Even then, most of his friends were Spencers - he was having a hard time holding anything against them, but perhaps that was the bias talking.

The boy seemed a little off, but she didn’t pay too much attention to him or what he was doing, she was more interested in something else, but he denied being a Spencer and upon inspecting his clothes she noticed that his house colors had some yellow in it, that was some poor taste, who would be the poor bastards that would have to carry the color yellow all around?  She was starting to feel sorry for him and everyone in his house for having to wear such color with the uniform. She was about to ask him to which house he belonged to, but she didn’t even have to, he replied right away. That was a pleasant surprise.

“Flinders…” she took a mental note of his house, the yellow one, while the Spencer’s were the green, so the last one standing were the red, the Bourke’s, made sense in a way. “Yes, I ran into them already.” The boy gave her some strange vibes, he didn’t look like he was out to get her, he didn’t seem to be talking jokingly at her like the other girl she had met, Brooke. But, why was he apologizing? What the fuck was wrong with him to apologize over something it wasn’t even his fault? She stared at him confused for a moment, people at that school were all fucking weird or were under the effect of drugs, it was the only explanation.

“Why are you apologizing?” she was confused, but she wasn’t going to purse the subject even more. “And you are? I’m Colette.” She was completely surprised by his reaction to her and to her words, almost as if he felt sorry for her.  

Ian nodded as Colette repeated the name of his house. Flinders kids were frequently pigeonholed as milquetoast and mostly inoffensive, and he hoped that this girl hadn't formed a bad impression of them - at least, Ian would do his best to revert it if that was the case. He correctly assumed she was a new student to enroll the coming year - not only was she not wearing an uniform, but a foreign accent accompanied her every word which indicated she was not from Victoria.

"Oh, right. Uh, I'm Ian. Ian Travers." He summoned the most friendly smile he could possibly muster at the girl, wishing for her to feel welcomed even if he picked up on a distinct wall of coldness emanating from the blonde. He decided to be optimistic in that regard and believe she was just being safe around new people. Not only that, but, if her first encounter within Tallygarunga was that one prankster that near turned the whole Sturt Quidditch team into glow sticks, she had plenty of reasons to be upset in general.

"Anyway... I'm apologizing because it's unfortunate that you were targeted, deliberately or otherwise." The boy scratched his cheek with one hand, the other hanging low as it held on to the blood thermal bottle. "I understand that it was probably in all in good fun on their part, but you clearly haven't had a great time with that House. So, as a fellow student, I apologize for you having gone through that. At least I can assure you not everyone around here is like that..."