Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
September, 2019 :: Spring

Feel The Glow

Sturt ☆ Fifth Year ☆ StudentTecri
16 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

What was that crap all about? Who had been the asshole that decided to prank the Sturt Quidditch team? They should be locked in a cage like a rabid animal. She thought Australia would be better, but it seemed to be full of idiots. Who was showing her around had gotten the biggest portion, making them even brighter than her. Colette gathered a her cool, she couldn’t even visit campus in peace without falling victim of a juvenile prank. It reminded her of how annoying her sister could be, with the difference that her sister probably wasn’t smart enough to pull this, maybe in a few years.

She was slightly impressed, not that she would ever admit it to anyone, and whoever confronts her about it, will receive a cold stare that will most likely chill their spine. Whoever did it was going to pay dearly for making her look like a walking glow stick. Who even does that? Who in their right mind pulls a prank like this? “I swear whenever I catch the bastard that did this, I’m freezing their sorry ass.” She thought to herself as her fingers touched her forehead, massaging it a little. She wasn’t even planning to unto the prank, to stop looking like a firefly, what was the point? It was going to disappear soon enough.

The blonde left the Quidditch player go wherever they needed to go, just like her they were probably annoyed at the situation. First few days in that school and she had already been caught in a prank, that probably wasn’t even meant for her. Walking down the halls, arms crossed, she tried to make sense of where she was, and to where she needed to go. Where were the maps to that fucking place? Maybe she should have requested some assistance like her sister did, but she wasn’t going to admit that Gwen had done something right.

Muttering something under her breath, she walked towards a few tables and benches and sat down, leaning her back on the table and crossing on leg over the other as her chin rested on the palm of her hand. She looked like she was ready to hold someone’s neck and break it, she was still upset over the fact that she was now a glow stick, even if temporarily. She remained quiet, waiting for the time to pass, and hoping to avoid people as much as she could, during classes that sounded a perfect location.

Spencer ☆ Fourth Year ☆ Spencer Quidditch Team KeeperKirupachi
14 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Like every other day, rumors and gossip spread around campus like wildfire - it didn't take too long for Brooke to catch on to the fact a masterful prank had been played on the uptight Sturt Quidditch team. She mentally commended whoever it was whom had taken it upon themselves to teach them to live a little and let loose, although the rational part of her brain kept reminding her that there would be hell to pay for someone - and given the combustible rivalry between the Sturts and her own Quidditch team, she knew there would be hell to pay for it. It would likely be unfair as she wasn't aware of any of her teammates committing the affront, but it was a smile price to pay for humor ultimately.

Brooke decided to make the trek towards the Quidditch Pitch during a hole in her schedule in order to survey the damage, perhaps snap a few pictures of it for the Spencers to laugh at; though, as she crossed the grounds, she came across something odd.

Someone she hadn't heard of.

Stopping in her tracks, her brows furrowed and her head tilted in mild confusion. Someone she hadn't heard of? In that small town it was a rarity; in fact, she could easily state that was unheard of. Was that girl in the distance a recent transfer? It was an odd time of the year to transfer schools. Was she from Penrose?

Deciding it was a good excuse as any to introduce herself, the Spencer hopped the long distance towards the blonde. Upon closer inspection, it seemed that the teenager was positively glowing - quite literally! That gave Brooke pause in her path. Had she accidentally come across collateral damage from the prank that was already making its rounds around school?

'Ooooh, this is too perfect.'

"I see Summer arrived early." She joked, her palm hovering just above her eyesight as if pretending she was going blind from the blistering sun. The closer she got to this girl, the more attractive she looked - a feat, considering she more closely resembled a glow stick than anything else at that moment. 'Not bad.'

"You new here? I see you got through a hazing ritual or two already."

It would be better to go home, ask someone to remove the glow off of her so that she could continue to visit the school, and to be sure she gets her proper revenge. She didn’t care on who, as long as it affected someone from that Spencer House, she couldn’t prank her own sister without her mother saying anything, always saying that Colette needed to live a little, she lived enough, she had plenty of time for that whenever she graduates and moves to a less hot county. Their father made them move to hell, despite the breeze it was warm, and she wasn’t liking it. It was safe to say Colette didn’t want to waste her energy controlling her temperature when the weather could do it for her.

A voice snapped her out of her thoughts. She looked at the girl and rolled her eyes at the, not so, funny comment that the girl had said. Was she trying to make a joke? Colette took a deep breath, but whoever was near her could sense a slight decrease in the temperature as she eyed the new girl. What the fuck was she saying? A hazing ritual? It would have been better if it was a hazing ritual, however, something told Colette that the girl that was asking not out of concern, especially since her house colours indicated that she belonged in the house that had played a prank on the Sturt's in the first place.

“I hardly believe you think this was a hazing ritual. Especially belonging to the house that’s responsible for this mess.” She was certain the girl was going to try and lie, saying she didn’t know or that she had nothing to do with it, maybe she didn’t, belonging to that house made her as guilty as the one that planned it. Colette closed her fist, which in return seemed to create a thin layer of ice, much better. “But yes I’m new. No wonder my sister ended up in that house.”

"Hazing ritual, running into Spencers, same thing. Tomatoe, tomato." From first impressions alone Brooke could already tell this new girl was a Sturt. Ignoring the fact that she was caught with the Sturts in whatever prank her House members conducted (and she wanted to congratulate the perpetrators in person, she seemed to be far up on her high horse and coated with a layer of pretentiousness brighter than the glow stick prank. It was a shame that such an attractive person was part of the one House in the school that was the butt of all decent jokes around, but that only made her curious and want to poke the bear.

Something more interesting came to her attention - she apparently had a sister whom was a Spencer. Brooke was always partial to more Spencers, as was the rest of the House, and from the way the blonde had put it, it seemed that the sisters got under each other's skin. 'An enemy of my enemy is my friend. Unsure if she's an enemy, but, little blondie will be a valuable ally, I'm sure.'

"You're not just new, you're not even from this continent. That's been happening a lot lately..." It was an easy conclusion to be had from Colette's accent. She didn't understand the school's appeal to foreigners - it was an underfunded public school. This girl looked like she'd be right at home in Penrose instead. "Well, doesn't matter. Don't look so down in the dumps, you can actually pull that look off pretty well." She threw out the compliment disguised as a joke, morbidly curious as to whether it would diffuse the girl or incense her.

In either case, Brooke was having fun. "Welcome to Tallygarunga. I have a hole in my schedule so I can be your guide. Or not. Whichever."

Colette wouldn’t call being attacked with a glow-y substance a hazing ritual, it was a prank, a deliberate prank. Were the Spencer’s so scared of the Sturt’s that they need specifically to attack the team with such a prank? It was impressive the time and effort someone put into it, but that didn’t excuse the fact that it was a low strike. The girl in front of her just had given her some certainty on the culprit, it was some low-life from the Spencer House and she was going to get her revenge sooner or later, preferably sooner, she just needed to think of a good thing to do, something that could take all Spencer’s by surprise, or maybe just most of them. She had to think how she would take revenge.

She could start her revenge with that cute little thing in front of her, freeze her hands and feet, maybe petrify them? Would she even be expelled from school for doing that even when she couldn’t be considered a student? No matter, she wasn’t going to do anything, at the moment, she just had to wait for a better opportunity. The way the girl looked at her was rather suspicious, what was she thinking? Probably something to continue this prank. She was starting to hate that fucking school and every student in it.

“Well done Captain Obvious. Was it my appearance or my accent that gave it away.” One needed to be pretty stupid not to realize that Colette was from another continent, and even stupider to have to point out the obvious. That school was clearly full of idiots, even the girl with her silly little comments like a commoner. Maybe she should have gone to the other school, it would be a lot better than that ridiculous circus. “If that’s your attempt to tell me I’m cute, I already know I’m cute, I’m more worried about something else.” Was that thing poisonous? What if she had an allergic reaction? Probably would inspire her to get her sweet revenge on those bald apes.

Be her guide? Did she think Colette was stupid enough to take her help? Knowing she was a Spencer? “I’d say yes, but I wouldn’t like to get anything else on me, maybe next time, but my idiot of a sister, Gwen probably would appreciate the help with her social butterfly personality.” She spoke, maybe her sister could get some help, just because Colette had declined it, it didn’t mean that Gwen couldn’t have a tour guide.

With the little 'Captain Obvious' quip, Brooke's smile widened. The situation was highly amusing to her as this girl kept taking everything too seriously and literally, and seemed full of herself to boot; how could she be so unaware of coming across as a pretentious idiot? If poking the bear had already brought so much fun to Brooke, she was starting to actively consider doing so much more for the sake of hilarity.

"Well, first things first. Cross my heart and hope to die, I won't make things worse for you." Not at that specific moment, the Spencer mentally added to her promise as she raised her hands up so to symbolize a truce. One thing was that day, and another would be the days Brooke was actively searching for a target. Colette was positioning herself as a prime target for Spencer pranks at that moment and didn't even realize it.

"With that said, will do." She continued as she lowered her hands. Gwen, huh? That was an impressively English name for someone who sounded foreign. Perhaps it was a nickname? Regardless, she was glad one of the sisters was more outgoing. In all likelihood she could recruit this Gwen's help in making fun of Colette in the future, given the distaste this Sturt seemed to demonstrate when bringing the girl up.

"Speaking of names. She's Gwen, I'm Brooke. What's yours?" 'Smooth transition.' She had to control herself not to laugh out loud at that moment, trying to see if she could cave a small dent through this person's outer mental walls through familiarity.

She hardly believed the girl wasn’t going to prank her, it was like telling a wolf not to be a wolf, but she couldn’t really turn to anyone else except that shady stranger. Sure, the girl seemed like she wanted to help, but she was also a Spencer, therefore it was suspicious to try and be so helpful, it was as if the girl was already planning something, which she wouldn’t be surprised. “That doesn’t make sense, but okay. Hope you’re ready to accept death if you break that promise.” Colette still wasn’t convinced, but she couldn’t tell if the girl was lying or not, at least, not in that specific moment, she would have to waiting until she gets better at it.

At least the girl was receptive to Colette’s suggestion about her own sister. She and Gwen had their differences and while in public she looked like she didn’t like her sister or her company it couldn’t be further from the truth, she loved Gwen and would destroy anything and anyone that would harm her sister. But Gwen was always going to be Dumpster Baby, no matter how old she is, Colette will plan to call her that for a long long time, and maybe never really stopping. “Thanks.” As much as it cost her to say that, she had to, it was for her sister.

“And I’m Colette.” She now had the set, what more did this Brooke girl wanted? It was irrelevant, Colette was more interested in something else. “I heard you Spencer’s like to play pranks, but, what do you get from it besides being bullies?” Colette was a form of a bully herself, but not out to cause mass embarrassment, which amusing when she wasn’t the target, it wasn’t how she was raised, she preferred to diminish people in private, at least no one could call her out on it.

"Ooooh, scary." There was something amusing about poking and prodding people whom didn't know how to laugh at themselves, or at least, that was how Colette was coming across. Though, given how she carried herself, Brooke assumed this girl hadn't exactly been the target of a whole lot of pranks in her lifetime - something that would surely change in Tallygarunga. Had she been in a Penrose-style type of school after all in Europe? She'd heard that there were a few institutions all around that continent that took themselves too seriously, and it looked like they had indoctrinated the blonde into that mindset as well.

"Well, first off, nice meeting you, Colette." Brooke had half a mind of calling her 'Frenchie', but it was too early for her to start poking the bear again - she had just gotten an in after all, and she should explore it before letting the door shut in her face. "You're starting with the wrong premise there. It's not about bullying at all, at least for most of us." Given that Colette wasn't getting up for the school tour, the young Spencer leaned just enough to lightly sit upon the edge of the table, facing the Sturt sideways.

"We just want to make things fun. School sucks for most people so it makes things more bearable for all involved. The people who play the prank get their rocks off, the people watching it are amused and the ones on the short end of the stick get to be distracted enough to forget about the crap stressing them out. Win-win, if you ask me. Though if you go into things in the way you put it, then yeah, that's no fun." Brooke did understand some people preferred to just be left alone - that was a big reason why she rarely ever hit up the Flinders with her antics.

"Plus, it's a great way to find out how people work. You'd be surprised at how much you can learn from just watching how they react to whatever."