Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
September, 2019 :: Spring

Bourke ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Apprentice BakerKirupachi
15 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

It seemed that luck struck twice within a week - Samantha and Amber had managed to make some time to hang out again on Thursday, two days before Amber's birthday. That afternoon coincided with Amber's rest day, of course, as well as Samantha's scheduled day off for the week. The pair had set about walking around town, with no set course in mind, just wanting to take in the feeling of freedom instead of forcing themselves to do something. Or so Amber insisted, at least, outright refusing tagging along with Samantha on a second fishing trip.

The two eventually walked up a street with a few seemingly Muggle kids (from their assumptions) playing with a rugby ball. Eventually, one threw the ball far too high; it flew all the way to the roof of a nearby house. as it rolled downwards it got stuck in its gutters on the edge instead of falling, resulting in a collective whine and groan about their misfortune.

"Hey! We can get that for 'em, right?" Amber nudged Samantha's elbow whom proceeded to survey the scene - the house had a rather tall foundation and she was unsure if she could make the climb without giving away the fact she wasn't exactly a human.

"You could try, I guess..." It would make more sense for Amber to give it a shot - always the daredevil, people would believe it more if she retrieved the object. Nevertheless, as she ran up to the wall of the house to try to give herself some momentum and boost herself upwards, she always fell consistently short of the roof - it didn't help that the house was in a rough state, conditioning the quality of her ascent to begin with.

"Damn it." Amber gave up after her third attempt, looking up at one end of the ball sticking out of the roof. Reaching down to grab a loose rock, the Spencer aimed and threw it at the offending ball; her plan backfired as the ball didn't dislodge itself, instead withdrawing further into the gutter from the impact. For a moment she shook her head in disappointment and considering breaking into the property as it was abandoned as far as she could tell, but then her eyes widened as she had an idea.

A much, much better idea.

"Hey Sammich, come with me." Before Samantha could protest, her wrist had been grasped by the cousin and she was being dragged around the house and to its back. Looking over the shoulder while she let Amber have her way, she frowned as she noticed the kids giving up and walking away from their playing space. Once around the back of the house, she was let go.

"Boost me up!"

"What?" She looked up at the roof, and at Amber. Was she insane? "What if someone sees?"

"Do ya see somebody around here? C'mon, just a little boost." Samantha was a Veela - surely, her increased strength would make for an easier time making the climb. Begrudgingly, the Bourke obeyed her cousin's request - after looking around, of course, and spotting nobody in the surrounding back lawns.

"Okay, okay..." Placing her hands in the appropriate position, Samantha waited for Amber to place her foot down on her palms. "On three." She said once the girl did. "One, two... Three!" With a rough push upwards, Samantha gave Amber a sizable amount of momentum - so much so the Spencer would've equated it to flying.

"WHOA!" Came the yell as the girl hurtled through the air, so much so she managed to land on her feet atop the various broken shingles, crouching momentarily to keep her balance with the inclination. She ignored the shushing sound the Veela sent her way and gave her a thumbs up instead before deftly dashing to the other side of the roof, grabbing the lone rugby ball, and aiming it towards the general direction of the children walking away.

"HEY, KIDS!" She yelled out at the same time Samantha was making her way around the house. "CATCH!" Just as she had spoken and the children had turned around, she threw the rugby ball at them with frightening accuracy. One of the kids caught it and they erupted in cheers and gratitude, soon returning to their game; Samantha then waited in front of the house for Amber to decide to get down, an event that never came.

"What are you doing?" She inquired as the Spencer seemingly hesitated to come down.

"I'm stayin' here a while! The view's great!" Samantha's eyes widened in exasperation - for all the times Amber's love for altitude could strike, that wasn't the best one. "Plus, wanna bet this is a haunted house? We should totally explore it!"

"Amber, get down, please..." The Bourke was very close to kneeling and praying to all that was holy to send her help to deal with her cousin's... antics.

VMU Students ☆ VMU StudentTecri
19 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ He/Him

It had been a while since Zeke hadn’t visited his sister and his cousin in a while, maybe it was time for him to make a visit. He knew Amber’s birthday was coming up and he knew that it was Sam’s day off, which mean he could surprise them by showing up, maybe even take them both out to do something. Amber would be a little difficult considering she seemed to be maintaining a strict food regiment, but if he took them to a place where all of them could get something to eat, he hopped Amber wouldn’t fuss about it too much, or at least would comply, it wasn’t like it was going to kill her for doing that, or at least he hope it didn’t.

It took a long while to find the girls, he had to use magic to locate the two, which seemed to be a difficult task, one he wasn’t expecting, but there they were in Calder Avenue, and Amber was on the roof? Zeke shook his head, maybe he was imagining his cousin on the roof of a house. Upon some inspection he saw that she was indeed there. What was Amber doing there? He quietly approached them, sure that Amber had already seen him, since it was pretty hard to miss him, she was in a high location while he was on the ground, seeing approach would have been pretty easy.

“Hey Sam.” He greeted his little sister, moving in for a hug before looking up to see his cousin on the roof. He was still confused. “What is she doing up there?” he asked Sam, but he was sure he already knew the answer, after all, it was Amber they were talking about. It was better not to dump a bunch of questions on his sister, so he turned to the other girl. “Hello Amber. May I ask you to come down please? I don’t want to shout.” He hopped that approach would help, but only hopped, part of him was sure Amber wasn’t going to go down so easily.

"Oooh, oooh, looks like my birthday came early!" Amber boasted once seeing Ezekiel in the distance, a confident grin spreading in her face - he always took the pair out for a treat, and who was she to deny that? Free food was good food; so long as it went along with her specific diet, of course. Samantha blinked in confusion, gaze stuck to the Spencer for a few brief seconds before she followed her eyes. Ultimately she spotted her brother, and the issue was momentarily forgotten, her smile mirroring her cousin's.

"Hey!" Samantha returned the hug with glee, not having expected her brother to show up that day. She had told him it was her day off, indeed, but they had no plans - a nice surprise, and one she cherished. Though, unfortunately, the matter was soon dragged to what she had momentarily forgotten about. Samantha's smile diminished as she let go of her brother and looked on to their rowdy family member.

"I took her up to get a ball stuck on the roof for those kids..." She motioned to the children they had appeased with her head. "And... I don't think she wants to get down. Help?"

"What's with ya both and getting down? The view's great. If anything, ya should be coming up here too! And, uh, hey, Chico." An awkward chuckle followed her outburst as she realized she hadn't minded her manners, mentally scolding herself for the lapse in judgement. She then crouched enough to be able to sit down on the edge of the rooftop without risking tripping off of it too much, legs dangling in mid air.

"Y'all are no fun."

It seemed that Amber had spotted him before he would even approach him. He was expecting to tickle his sister, but he could do it another time. He waved at Amber and looked down at Sam, wrapping his arm around her affectionally, before looking back up at his cousin as his sister proceeded to explain what had happened. His gaze left Amber and set on Sam and then at Amber again. He knew how much she enjoyed being in trouble, and it was always a hassle to try and make her stop doing things like that, it was fun for a while, until they had to convince her to stop. “I’ll see what I can do Sammy.” He replied to his sister before letting her go.

He stood in front of Amber and looked up at her, she crossed his arms but not in a strict manner. “You know you can go up there anytime you want right?” He asked Amber. It was going to be a bit complicated trying to get Amber down from the roof, but if he played the right cards maybe he wouldn’t have to go up there and bring her down himself, and that was the last thing he wanted to do, for a human she had strength, and while it wasn’t too hard for him to do it, it was just not how things should be done.

“And I don’t have all day Amber, I need to go back to Melbourne, I guess Sammy and I will just have to go get something to eat ourselves.” He said, hopping that his words and promise about something nice to eat could convince her to go down on her own. “Come on, jump. I’ll catch you.” He said, holing out his arms, expecting Amber to give into the temptation and would join her cousins. “I’ll take you anywhere you want to go, as usual.”

"Thank you." Samantha leaned into Ezekiel's hold as if it were second nature, having missed her brother far too much - even if it hadn't even been a week ever since she saw him last. The younger pair of Hammond siblings had always been exceptionally close to one another despite the age difference between them, and the Bourke was all too happy to remind her brother of ir whenever she could. She watched the exchange between him and Amber with interest, as well as a sliver of concern for the rambunctious Spencer up on the roof of the seemingly abandoned house.

"You can literally Apparate back to Melbourne, nice try. And actually, gettin' up here was tough! Sammerbola over there had to help me!"

"Sammer...bola...?"

"Why don't we explore this place instead?"Amber ignored Samantha's confusion - not like she could hear her mutter with the distance between them anyway. "And we go for ice cream afterwards or somethin'! I'm sure it'll be a more rewarding treat if we put in the work first." She got back up to her feet in record time despite the inclination of the roof, having little trouble maintaining her balance. What proved to be a more arduous task was stepping over to the attic window a little ways away from her location due to various broken shingles that threatened to slip out from under her with each and every step.

"Lesse here--WOAH!" After briefly peeking past the glass window into the attic, the illumination from the sun brought into view something she really didn't want to see: a redback spider crawling around the empty wooden room. Her fear of creepy crawlies kicked into overdrive and she lost her balance, tripping backwards and falling off the roof, straight down in the direction of the Hammond siblings.

Amber had called his bluff. He didn’t want to stand there much longer, it was in the Spencer’s nature to be that active, once he left Tally all his energy to do anything vanished, except hanging out with his younger sister and his cousin, it felt as he was back in school and it felt nice feeling like all the worries suddenly didn’t move around university exams, classes, assignments all that, it was refreshing hanging out with them, except when he had to exercise. He looked at Sam as she suggested they would explore the place, he didn’t want to, he really didn’t want to climb up there and explore the house, he just wanted something nice to eat. Was that too much to ask? Apparently, it was.

“Will you even eat ice cream?” he looked at her. Ice cream was rarely vegan and had a lot of sugar, was Amber going to make an effort and bail on her food regiment a little? Or not? She probably meant some vegan ice cream, especially low fat and without too much sugar. He paid attention to Amber as she got up and started to walk on the room, he followed her as it seemed she was about to fall down on them, but she seemed to be able to hold herself up in the for a while longer, at least until she lost her balance and tripped, falling backwards in the Hammond siblings direction.

Zeke was ready to catch Amber, which he tried to do and had managed to sort of catch her, almost losing his balance and falling himself with Amber in his arms. She wasn’t heavy, but he was slightly caught off guard when she fell from the roof, he barely had time to sneak up underneath her to catch her as she fell. He regained his balance and set her down, he almost lost his balance again.

“I think we had enough adventure for today. Can we go eat now?”

Amber came crashing down atop the Hammond siblings; as Ezekiel moved to catch her, Samantha did the same, and their combined efforts contributed to none of them falling over. Despite being able to lift heavier weights in general, she still wasn't expecting Amber to have so much weight to her because of the well developed musculature. It was perhaps fortunate that her dear brother was there to help, otherwise there was a small chance Samantha would've gotten squished under her cousin out of underestimating her mass.

"Agreed! W-We should go!" Amber forwent an apology, pointing at the house - any Muggle would've described the girl's face as being like she had just seen a ghost. "There was a redback in there! I don't wanna know what the hell else is!"

"A redback?" Did Amber mean a spider? Those were somewhat dangerous, though with Ezekiel around there was no danger - he could just tip them with a flick of the wand if he wanted to. Exchanging a look with her brother, a mischievous light glinted in her eyes before she replied to the scared Spencer.

"I don't know... I think I changed my mind." The half-Veela spoke, to Amber's shock and disgruntlement. "What do you think, Zeke? It's like Amber said, we should make the treat be a reward for an adventure. I'm sure there's plenty of interesting things in there..."

"Oh HELL no!"