Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
October, 2019 :: Spring

Spencer ☆ Fourth Year ☆ Adventurer, Wandering Bard, Destroyer of Things✩ Kirupachi
14 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

"What the?"

Confusion struck the bespectacled teenager that lazy Saturday afternoon, as she engaged in a video game whose rating far exceeded her age while keeping company to her older sister whom preoccupied herself with a book, as per usual. With the game paused, Gwendoline glanced down at her smartphone as it vibrated twice after the last message she sent out to the masses of QuillBook; one from that same sister, and another from a long lost friend. What bothered her was not whom had sent the messages, or their contents. Rather, it was what the messages lacked.

"Hey." Shutting her smartphone's screen and carelessly tossing it aside, having it land face first on the couch of the younger girl's room, the geek turned to face Colette with bewilderment clearly etched on her face. The pair argued plenty - out in the public at least - but indoors, it was far less frequent; yet, for once, her sister's inaction bothered Gwendoline enough to try to start a confrontation behind closed doors nonetheless.

"What's with the ignoring? Can't you shove that reputation of yours aside for just a minute?" The French words escaped out of sheer habit. QuillBook was a public forum - her sister had always been one to act a certain way in front of others, and so that was possibly what was going on. Yet, it bothered her greatly: it was still about a long lost friend of theirs after all.

Sturt ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Student✩ Tecri
16 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

Colette looked at her sister raising an eyebrow, before looking down at the book. What was the dumpster baby talking about again? Ah right, the Kemph girl, their long lost friend...was she even a friend? Colette was having a hard time understanding what the commotion was all about, the other girl hadn’t even sent them a letter and Dumpster Baby was offended at her? At her own sister, who for the most part didn’t care, and yet there was a part of her that had cared in the past. It wasn’t Colette’s fault that Laurie hadn’t send them letters, who the fuck goes to another school and doesn’t bother to write? Clearly Gwen’s priorities were mixed.

She continued to read her book, a fine piece in Russian, she did need to improve her skills, maybe when she has more free time her mother could teach her Bulgarian. The ran her hand through the page and didn’t bother to look at her sister, ultimately closed it, she wasn’t going to be able to read if her sister continues to speak in French.

As far as my reputation goes, I don’t think that’s the issue here.” while her sister spoke in French, Colette decided to answer her in German, whoever was listening in to their conversation would have a hard time understanding anything about it. “I think I was pretty clear before, I don’t have the patience for games.” she was too old to be playing the attention seeking game, and she clearly wasn’t going to run after someone who didn’t give two shits about her or her sister, if Gwen wanted to bend so low, Colette wasn’t going to stop her, it was her sisters decision, but she wasn’t going to change her mind about the situation.

Spencer ☆ Fourth Year ☆ Adventurer, Wandering Bard, Destroyer of Things✩ Kirupachi

Gwendoline blinked in confusion temporarily as Colette decided to reply to her in a different language, making it so it took the younger sister a few seconds to gather her thoughts once she managed to shake her head and snap herself back into focus. The reaction to her own line of questioning in itself wasn't surprising in the least, but her rhetoric was puzzling the young half-Veela.

"Games?" The teenager shifted back to German so to match Colette and not confuse herself further. Brows furrowed as she questioned her sister and the game she had been playing was soon forgotten as she laid the control at her side, crossed her own legs and shifted on the couch so to face her older sister from the side. Her hands took support on her own hands as she leaned forward minimally, almost as if analyzing Colette.

"Whaddya mean, 'games'?" She voiced her bewilderment. It wasn't how the QuillBook exchange had come across at least - either something was happening behind the scenes, or nothing about what was happening made any sense. As far as she was aware the two were best of friends, and the fact Gwendoline was the only one seemingly happy about a reunion threatened to fry her brain with the lack of its computing.

Colette rolled her eyes at her sister. Was Gwen really that thick in the brain that she couldn’t connect the dots? Colette wasn’t too surprised about how her sister’s chain of thoughts, it was hard to teach and old dog new tricks or teach something to someone who didn’t want to learn.

“You really have a hard time remembering things, don’t you?” her eyes rolled again. It was annoying having to explain everything to sister, it seems that Colette had gotten all the brains, her sister did inherit a bit of looks. Remember when Laurie left? I mean it was all good she did let us know, a bit on a short notice.” Perhaps her sister had forgotten about it, how Laurie just shrugged it off. Colette was annoyed at Laurie’s reaction of leaving, was she so happy to get rid of the sisters? Or maybe it was Gwen who drove her away? Nah, Gwen was many things, but she had to admit that her stupid sister wasn’t someone who could easily do it. It certainly wasn’t her, she was delightful, perhaps a bit distant, and she did hate all those things Laurie and Gwen got themselves into, but it wasn’t as bad as she made it out to be.

“Despite being upset when she left, I assumed she would send a letter at least. No letter Gwen, you’d think she’d at least write.” It wasn’t like they couldn’t receive letters, the school was strict, but it allowed students to receive mail and presents, Laurie could have told them where she was, but instead she decided to keep it quiet, for what? Either she wasn’t planning to go back or maybe it was her way of saying they didn’t want to be friends.

“I won’t play these games Gwen”

"Watch it, your eyes will fall out." Gwendoline spoke up as her older sister had taken it upon herself to roll them twice in a row, giving off a heavily pretentious vibe as she always did, speech notwithstanding. The tone and nature of her words themselves didn't seem to affect the newly minted Spencer so much out of her being used to being their prime target ever since they were little, and so she managed to watch Colette as she spoke with a straight face - for the most part, anyway.

She gave a shrug of her shoulders once the Sturt mentioned Laurie leaving on short notice. That in itself never affected Gwendoline too much - they had always been close friends, certainly, but she knew the half-Australian girl had always craved going to Hogwarts (what the hell was she doing in Tallygarunga?), and the bespectacled teenager couldn't exactly blame Laurie when she herself always wished to go out on her own for some sort of adventure. On top of that, they knew she'd be returning after the year was over; their friendship wasn't over and Gwendoline was more than willing to wait. It did change when they got back from Durmstrang after their school year and their friend was nowhere to be found, but by that point she hadn't noticed Colette getting much affected by the news like she had been when Laurie left.

"Uh..." For as much as it pained the younger of the two to admit, Colette had a point. "...Point taken." Laurie could have written to them; she should have. She knew where they were. She could check up on them, she could have told them she left Europe. To even find her in Narragyambie felt like finding a needle in a haystack, even if the girl was Australian to begin with. "Still, though. Feels like there's something fishy going on. Not like things are gonna work themselves out with you crossing your arms and pouting. Wouldn't hurt to talk it out once or something? S'not really 'playing a game', feels more like common sense."

The only thing Colette did was look at her sister. Gwen was being an idiot, eyes won’t fall out. How old was she? Five? Her sister was an idiot, she already knew that, but she didn’t pictured Gwen to be so ignorant. Colette just shook her head in disappointment, as her eyes were fixated on her sister, no other expression except the one that showed how disappointed she was with Gwen. So young, so naïve, and yet again, so stupid.

Colette’s eyes fell on the book once more, expecting the conversation to be over, but she wasn’t going to have that luck, her sister once again opened her mouth, but what was that? She was agreeing with Colette? Telling her that she was right? The warm weather was probably having an effect on her sister’s mind and rational ability. While they got along pretty well at home, like actual sisters, they always had their differences and their ideas often clash, but to hear her sister say such a thing was a sweet victory, so sweet that Colette’s lips just curled, showing a bit of pride and arrogance, almost like she knew she was better and that Gwen had just confirmed it.

“I wasn’t the one that left. I wasn’t the one that didn’t write. I won’t move a muscle Gwen. I wasn’t the one that did anything wrong.” Colette refused to talk to Laurie, or even make a comment, if Laurie wished to talk, she could, it didn’t mean Colette would suddenly be all friendly with her again. She had made her mind, Laurie would have to at least try without expecting things to just be alright. “You can talk all you want, but I’m not going to, unless she starts.” Colette was proud, she wasn’t going to bend over to Laurie’s will or whatever she had planned. Even if Laurie had no idea she would end up on Australia a letter wouldn’t cos her ability to walk.

Gwendoline didn't seem much affected at all with Colette's little victorious smirk, having seen that particular sight so many times she'd grown completely desensitized to it. Something else was bothering her anyway, and that was the fact that the Sturt's friendship with Laurie was seemingly on the rocks, and justifiably so - it still made Gwendoline worry as she knew they were the best of friends and she didn't want to swallow the pill of that sort of thing being a complete deal breaker just yet.

"You could at least not ignore her." The younger of the two knew her request would be falling on deaf ears but felt the need to say it anyway. "It's not like I'm telling you to go to wherever the hell she lives and beg for her to come back, but, it kinda comes across as if you won't listen to her if she does try to tell you a damn thing. Kinda defeats the purpose, you know?"

Like Colette, she knew Laurie well. Despite her unassuming and unflappable behavior, she wasn't known for hurting people deliberately at all, much less one of the few friends she had. Perhaps the girl had an explanation, for as misguided as it could be; but, could Colette let go of her pride for once and listen? Gwendoline didn't think so, and so she took it upon herself to try to make a dent through that wall preemptively. 'Just in case.' It felt incredibly odd for her of all people to be giving friendship advice, yet there they were. Was Colette more stunted by Durmstrang's social circles than Gwendoline was? That felt like an impossibility.

She couldn’t understand what the deal with her sister was. Did she have an overgrowing passion with Laurie? Maybe she did. Colette shivered a little just to think about it. Laurie was a cute girl and for the most part her cool behaviour was part of her charm, Colette couldn’t deny it was pretty cool, but as Laurie left and they were alone, Colette started to see that it was nothing but a ridiculous enjoyment of the idea of freedom that Laurie had given her, at least, it was what she chose to believe in. Her eyes were about to meet her book when she looked at Gwen, she couldn’t stop wondering what the fuck was wrong with her sister, besides her head, and her ridiculous idea to wear those ugly ass glasses, at least Gwen could be fashionable.

Colette looked at her sister, her unamused face said it all, but she didn’t want Gwen to go back to that subject. “I’ll see what I can do.” She replied, not rolling her eyes this time, but my stuffing her nose in her book again. She still couldn’t understand the fascination with Laurie, maybe Colette was just jealous her sister seemed to think a stranger like Laurie was cooler, or maybe it was something else and she wasn’t planning on wasting too much time thinking about it. What was the point?

Colette continued to read her book, waiting for her sister to continue the damn game so that she can snoop and help with the puzzles, but it seemed as the younger sister didn’t want to. Was Gwen so surprised to hear that Laurie was in Australia? Was Gwen that naïve and that childish that would accept to be used whenever someone needed something?

Gwendoline's nose wrinkled in a prominent display of skepticism at Colette's reply. She knew the Sturt inside and out, for the most part - the feeling that she was just saying that to get Gwendoline to back off nagged at the back of her mind, but she also knew Colette was far too stubborn for the younger of the two to get through that thick skull of hers in one go. Ultimately deciding to let it go for the time being, she released a sigh in defeat.

Looking momentarily at the television, and then at the fellow blonde, she decided that there was something missing in their little 'party' - food and drink. Taking a hold of Colette's shoulder she pushed down to prop herself up to her feet, letting go of her with a small squeeze: a small gesture of sisterly affection neither would admit to having happened. "I'm gonna go get us something to eat, I'm starving."

As Gwendoline headed to the door of her own room, she came to a halt when her hand reached the doorknob. Looking back over her shoulder at the older teenager, she decided to get the last two cents in. "I wasn't talking about this for her, alright? I'm just worried about you. Take that as you will." With that painful admission, the Spencer headed out to get the treats she had mentioned.