Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
August, 2019 :: Winter

Questions with no answers

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Student, Quidditch Chaser, Paper GirlTecri
17 year old Halfblood Human ☆ she/her

Meetings with recruiters was always complicated. After the last match Aspen had been approached by several recruiters, all from different teams and she wasn’t sure which one would be the best choice. More money or more benefits? Perhaps one with a better working environment? She really couldn’t decide what was best. Meeting after meeting everyone seemed to be interested in her, but she still couldn’t decide what she wanted and who she wanted, she only knew she wanted to stay as close as possible, Melbourne or Narrie.

Not wanting to feel even more pressured to choose Aspen decided that a walk around town would do her some good, maybe even check out the muggle stores, maybe they had something interesting, however, Aspen didn’t end up in a muggle store, she ended up in a store filled with equipment for Quidditch, which reminded her, she could get something for Lisa, there were a few things that the Sturt was in need of, or at least some quality things. While Aspen still didn’t have money, she had her savings and whatever she got, it would be a good present.

She walked around the store quietly, she knew Lisa had the best broom one could ask for, but she could use a new kit for it, it was inside Aspen’s budget and she could even get her something else that wouldn’t make her work extra hard. As she walked around the place, trying not to knock everything to the ground, Aspen noticed a new pair of goggles, unfortunately they were expensive, if she had accepted one of the offers, she could have, but she still hadn’t decided on anything. It was getting hard to get something decent for Lisa, aside the broom kit, perhaps when she decided she can give her something nicer. Aspen paid for her items and left the shop and continued her walk towards the school, she still needed to think.

Once Aspen got to the school the first and only place where she could think of was the Quidditch pitch. She walked slowly towards it and once she got there, she placed her things on the benches and looked at it, it was serene without practice, no one was yelling and she could think straight, which offer should she take? Should she even decide on her own? She didn’t want to leave her family behind, and that included Lisa. She took a deep breath followed by a scream, which seemed to have calmed her down, hopefully no one would come running to see what was wrong.

Spencer ☆ Third Year Lanku
13 year old Halfblood Human ☆ He/Him

Saturdays were always the fun days for Dom. No school meant he and his friends could busk on the grounds and just enjoy themselves while also planning more pranks. This Saturday, however, his friends couldn't make it. Homework, they said. Pssh, as if that ever stopped Dom. He could rip Shostakovich a new one on his ocarina, fiddle with a new app on his phone, and still make the grade in time for tea. Well, he thought, no sense in wasting anymore time. He gathered up everything he needed in his knapsack and made his way to the school grounds, showing off his "Unironic Eiffel 65 Fan" shirt.

While searching for the prime spot for today's music, Dom was also thinking about his next big trick. Just this year, he had already made some of the Herbology plants sing Time of the Season by Zombies, made a First Year's breakfast blow up in the poor kid's face, and wrote a rather offensive message about The Flaming Lips in wall slime that kept popping up across the lower levels. The end of the year would be looming overhead soon, so he had to come up with a showstopper for this year. 

Probably shouldn't go too big. I do want to come back here, after all. Maybe something with the Care of Magical Creatures menagerie. He pulled the ocarina out of his knapsack. But letting the animals loose is child's play. I have to come up with something really ripper. He propped himself up on a tree and began playing his scales to warm up. The sweet tones echoing over the grounds were bound to attract someone before too long. 

Or so he thought. A loud scream pierced the calm. It wasn't a scream of fear, from what he could tell. Still, it did merit investigation. He headed in the direction of the scream toward the Quidditch Pitch, ultimately finding an older student near the benches. "All good?" he shouted, still a ways away. This might just be what he needed to fully enjoy this day. 

Her scream seemed to have attracted some unwanted attention, she thought the quidditch pitch would be free from practice, she didn’t feel like running into anyone from the other houses, not even her own. She had been accused of snitching to someone from another house about their tactics, which was bullshit and now she had that … person, whoever he was asking questions. She closed her eyes, trying to get her hanger under control, she couldn’t afford to be suspended for sending another student to the Hospital Wing with a broken nose, no, she had to keep her cool. Oh, she wished MJ or Lisa were there to lend her a hand, to help her calm down, but she wasn't that lucky.

“Yeah, everything is fine. You’re not in any team, are you?” She didn’t recognize him, even with all the equipment she knew who the members of the other quidditch teams were, and he certainly wasn’t one of them. “If you want to be part of your house quidditch team I suggest you come next term, they will be choosing the players for the next school year.” She turned to face him. She wasn’t particularly the happiest person in that moment, whenever she needed some piece and quiet it was when all these people started popping out of the ground like goddamn mushrooms.

It was only when she watched the boy that she noticed he was a Bourke, she sure hoped he wasn’t a Sturt or a Spencer. For once she wouldn’t want to get accused of convincing Lisa to snitch on the Sturt’s tactics and she wasn’t too fond of the Spencers, they were usually loud and inconvenient. “You’re not a Bourke…what’s your house?”

She wasn't in distress, but she did look rather annoyed. Dom usually had that effect on people, but only AFTER a prank had gone off. From what he could remember, this frustrated woman wasn't on the receiving end of anything he'd pulled lately. She confirmed that by asking him about Quidditch. Truth was he couldn't fly to save his life, plus what saves you if you have a head-splitting vision over 12 meters in the air?

As he walked closer toward her, he replied, "Actually, I'm rubbish on a broom. I'm more for cheering the teams on than actually playing Quidditch." He stopped a good distance away. No sense aggravating her beyond what she already was. Who knows? Maybe he could help remove that broomstick from her...

She asked for his house. I guess I'm not exactly rocking the house colors today, he thought. "I'm a Spencer. Third Year. Name's Dominic." Yeah, he was younger, but that shouldn't mean much in the long run. A fresh perspective was good for everyone, but he doubted she would be very receptive right off. "Don't worry, I'm exactly what you'd expect in a Spencer, but I'm also much more than that," he joked, smiling his coy little smile. Hopefully she wasn't too dismissive. Already this was proving to have the makings of his lucky day.

She watched him closely, now that she could clearly look at him, he was nothing but a kid, he was probably her younger brother’s age, he could be one of her little brother’s classmates, but she didn’t know any of them, so she couldn’t tell who he was. When he finally spoke, she acknowledged his words. It seems not many people were good flyers, it was either lack of practice or he was just incompetent. “I see. Bench cheering, I suppose.” As the captain of her house team Aspen didn’t care much for the whole cheering thing, it wasn’t a bunch of people screaming and cheering that was going to make them win, it was the long hours they put into practice.

She approached him, now only noticing the house colours on his uniform before he even spoke. If one paid enough attention, they could see how her eyes rolled at the mention of that house. “Oh shit, he’s a fucking Spencer…” she thought to herself about the rowdy teens, it’s was like putting monkeys on a classroom with them. “Aspen Clarke. Bourke, seventh year.” She looked at the field and back at the boy. He was indeed as old as her little brother, she was right, and that simple thing made her feel great, her intuition hadn’t failed her, but a Spencer there it would mean there was trouble to come.

“Oh? Much more than that? Are you sure?” She didn’t trust the Spencer, they were always up to something, and that little smile he wore on his face was an indicator that he was planning something she wasn’t going to like. "Probably more trouble than he's worth, that's for sure." she thought, putting her hands on her hips as she stared at him. She was sure he was going to pull some prank on her. 

Dom could tell that the Spencer reputation preceded him as Aspen appeared to tense up simply at the mention of it. He understood, considering his own penchant for pranks. Today was not a day for them, however. She definitely didn't seem to believe his statement, so he would have to prove it to her. "Absolutely!" he exclaimed.  He dug out a half-repaired electronic from his knapsack. "My mom's a tech guru, so I've grown up around all the latest gadgets and gear. I've been working on removing the tech/magic barrier. Great strides have been made, but my remote still makes toast when I want it to close the curtains. I'll keep at it, though."

Just in case that wasn't impressive enough, he put the item back and pulled out his ocarina. "I've also got this. I'm quite good at it," he said, showing it off. Dom then began to play a tune of his own creation. He loved playing. Any worries or troubles would disappear as he lost himself in his music. He also kept his eyes closed while he played. It was a habit, he never really understood why it happened. Of course, that also meant that he wasn't sure how she was reacting to it, but he hoped she was enjoying it.

His song continued for a couple minutes. When he stopped, he opened his eyes and smiled, saying, "Not your average Spencer, right?" 

(OOC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGDxQiduV0g for the song. Just minus the other instruments of course.)