Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
August, 2019 :: Winter

Lisa's plotting and random ideas

Players ☆ Unemployed, history nerdLisa
2019 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/her (fine with any)

Akira Itouzaki

302803716340201.png
Human|Halfblood|12 years old|Flinders|Japanese-Australian

Akira is confident in most of his own actions but isn't cocky about it, that just isn't him and he finds cocky people annoying. He is a little reserved and sometimes doesn't enjoy stepping into an argument or conversation if he doesn't think it's worth his time or if he doesn't know what it's about. He can be a little blunt and naive sometimes, something that he shares with his mother. Inside Akira is charming and will try to do his best to help those around him. One of his biggest flaws is that he is easily lead and sometimes tries to please other people. He has a completely analytical mind, but he doesn't think that he's all that smart and takes his intelligence for granted, often thinking that he isn't good enough.

Plots wanted

I'm completely down for anything just so long as it doesn't include too much blood.

Relationships

Akira would be the type to make friends with most people so long as they didn't really pick on him. He doesn't go out of his way to make enemies, though. But I'm down for any sort of ideas involving relationships. Of course he'd be too young for a romantic relationship.

Kairi Taylor

3349befe57760f7130243bc190ef26c1.jpg

Human|Muggleborn|15 years old|Sturt|Japanese-Australian

Kairi often comes across as being disinterested in everything. This is down to the fact that he's trying to prevent himself from being hurt. He usually closes off when people come too close to finding out about his past because he doesn't want to answer the questions that he doesn't know the answer to. Kairi is kind of quiet until you get him going or until he gets to know someone. He tries to act like the voice of reason but often fails in his attempts. He is extremely down to earth, despite coming from a well off family. Kairi isn't very good at hiding the fact that he doesn't make eye-contact too often because he focuses on lip-reading and other body language. He's been called rude for this in the past and has never been able to figure out how especially after explaining the situation.

Plots wanted

I'm completely down for anything just so long as it doesn't include too much blood.

Relationships

Kairi is a good friend once you get past his uninterested outer facade. He can be caring and warm given the right situation. He also doesn't go out of his way to make enemies, but some people might find him annoying because of his attitude. I'm down for any sort of relationship with Kairi.

Players ☆ New Character Maker, Professional ProcrastinatorKirupachi
2019 year old ☆ She/Her

Oh, a first year. Might be a bit rough on ideas on my end (mine are all 14+) but I'll do my best :) 

Akira and Chloe Stewart - She's half-Japanese (as is her sister), so I figure the heritage in common could serve as a decent excuse, if only for a rare sense of familiarity. As for how they could hypothetically meet, Chloe is an excellent tutor (if overworked) so it's possible that Akira's gotten referred to her in the past if he ever has any problems with school. That being said, she has a bit of a standoffish composure, so I can't guarantee whether they'd get along or not.

Akira and Meadow Richards - Another one with a big age difference, but she's a senior Flinders. Given that they're in the same house, she's a safe person to go to when something's wrong; knowing her, she'd take Akira under her wing quite easily. While initially nice, her behavior becomes a bit rough to those who get closer to her out of sheer concern. Hopefully he wouldn't take it the wrong way.

Akira and MJ Clarke - My second Flinders. She's a fifth year on the quieter side of things and a bit of a worrywart, but should Akira not care for things such as reputation he'll find that she's quite approachable. I don't have much in the way of ideas for this proper, it's just likely that they know each other due to the House they have in common.

Akira and Laurie Kempf - They've already chatted on QuillBook, so why not make an actual thing out of it? A bit of a questionable person in terms of morals, Laurie is a pretty chill individual that wouldn't mind hanging out with a first year at all; problem being she can be a bit of a bad influence at times if left unchecked, as seen by her suggesting Akira to prank his brother back. On the other hand, by hanging out with her he might pick up on a thing or two that he likely wouldn't have learned otherwise.

Akira and Ian Travers - My third and final Flinders (for the time being anyway). Also a fifth year like MJ, he's more the type to get in your face if he sees you need help. It's likely that he's done this to Akira before. He's an excessively cheerful guy, so be prepared for diabetes.

Akira and Brooke Outerbridge - She knows everyone, and probably knows Akira - even if he doesn't know her. Too much of a social butterfly for her own good, I'm suggesting her because she's presently the closest in age in my roster to him. Maybe something can come out of that?

I have many more characters, feel free to come up with your own stuff too! :) 

Players ☆ video game addictTecri
2019 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

Akira &

•      Maxine Williams

> Max is a seventh-year student Spencer. They spoke briefly on QB and she's friendly, sometimes a bit loud and obnoxious, but self-conscious about it. She often gets in trouble but has been behaving for a while now. Not sure if anything can come out of it but she pretty much gets along with everyone. 

•      Lexi Stewart

> Lexi is a fifth-year Spencer. She is half-Japanese like her sister Chloe. Overall friendly and a bit of a nerd. She prefers to spend her days inside. Pretty much like Max she usually gets along with everyone. 

It's a matter of having perhaps a thread and see how it goes either for one or for both.

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

*Cracks Knuckles* Okay, Lemme see whose up to pat on my end! It's been a bit for me so I'll need to shake up my head slightly.

Akira -

Alexander Winfield: Alex is a current Spencer Upperclassmen and perhaps the Oldest student amongst the bunch. (There is a very important story about that but explaining it call could get a bit length! XD) He's a pretty friendly sort, reaching out to meet with people regardless of their House or lot in life. Even willing to try to place a smile on their face with a well meaning prank or by ways of Music. Sometimes a bit of both if it really fits his fancy. He is one of the members of the Music Club that recently started which is geared towards the Veteran and those that are still learning or want to learn. In the past year he's gained a bit of fame between posting up covers of songs on the net as well as a few radio and television gigs due to a few people that he knows that are in the limelight. I can see Alex trying to offer being a kind of Mentor for him - getting him to feel proud of the intelligence held. (As well as being able to get him an easy pass in the Librarian since the Librarian is his sister.)

Kairi -

Okay, So I'm going to offer this not just because they're in the same House but also because this guy needs some friends in his life and stop being a dork about it. . .

Senan: Senan Connell, A Half-Fae who hides that nature from the larger part of the populace around him aside from those that could pick it up. He's a Sturt and recently transferred to the school as an exchanged student of sorts being of Irish descent (And it shows in his accent.) The two of them are very similar in how they approach things, Senan always referencing that his 'down to earth' sight is really just himself seeing the bigger picture and that things are simply not as easy as other seemed to expect of them. His darker routes and unfortunate lot in life, even though he's quite well-off himself, comes at a massive price that he's not interested in exposing people to. (For understanding - His Father is a well known associate in the Dark Wizard practice yet things couldn't exactly be 'pinned on him' as a means of proof of his activity and support. Like wise his Mother is a vindictive Ancient Fae who has plans he couldn't fathom on where they began and where they would end.)   

We could toss the two of them into a thread and see how it all could play out. The similarities might cause them to be far more opened or make things awkward and awkward can be good for a lot of reasons. 

Players ☆ Unemployed, history nerdLisa
2019 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/her (fine with any)

Akira & Maxine

I think Akira is usually the type to get on with everyone too. Having interacted a little on QB it would be fun to see where it could go. He's down for a little bit of misbehaving, and things especially since he's easy to get around and easily influenced by others. A good part of the time, Akira doesn't like loud and obnoxious people, but if he realised that Maxine was self-conscious about it or if he understood, then he would try his best to understand, and hey, it could be good for him to learn not to judge a book by its cover. Things could be interesting either way.

Akira & Lexi

I kind of like the idea of the shared heritage thing being a kind of bonding point, maybe? Akira likes indoor and outdoor activities, but would also enjoy playing games if Lexi's into that? He would probably find it interesting to nerd out with someone, maybe even develop another interest in something that he hasn't expected to.

I'd be interested to see how this goes. I'd really like a thread or two, I'm up for almost anything.

Tag

Tecri

Players Gemini
2019 year old

Malindi and Kairi: Mal has a real tendency to collect languages and bits of culture from people she meets. Maybe Mal and her dad are considering a trip to Japan and she wants to pick up as much of the language as she can? If Kairi would be up for some tutoring, that'd be neat, and if he's got any interest, Mal can reciprocate. Also, if he's a bit of an introvert, that would make her want to try to break through a little bit. She can be annoying that way. It also seems he's talented in Runes as well? Mal is an absolute nerd for Runes, so they could already be acquainted/friendly that way.

Let me know if you're interested in something along those lines, or if you've got another idea! :D

Players ☆ video game addictTecri
2019 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

@Lisa

Akira &

Max: To realize that she's self-conscious it takes a while. It depends on the people, sometimes deeper conversations have that effect, but considering the age differences, I doubt that will happen. On the bright side, she can always influence him to do a few things he shouldn't, like mixing potions that he shouldn't mix, usually harmless things that could turn his or someone's skin color blue or green. 

Lexi: Lexi is an indoorsy person, except for a few activities that require her to be outside, like pretending to be a knight fighting a dragon with others is kind of her thing, as she plays LARP with both wizards and muggles alike. Maybe Akira would be into it? She also likes video games and tabletop games, whatever they may be. She's a bit childish in a lot of things despite her age so I think they might get along perfectly.

I don't see why there can't be a couple of threads to see how things go between them 😃 if you want I can start up a thread between Akira and Lexi somewhere around the school. 

I only noticed now you have Kairi up in your splotter so here goes. 

Kairi &

Max: I replied to your open with him so it's just a matter of time to see how they get along 😂 although most interactions with her depend on many variables as she isn't very predictable, a prankster but also friendly towards everyone. 

Lexi: They are around the same age so I'd guess they'd have a few classes together. As I stated Lexi is social, despite being indoorsy. She flirts too much for her own good and doesn't know when to stop, so it's probably going to make things awkward between the two if it happens. 

Aspen: Aspen is a bit older than Kairi and she's part of the Bourke's quidditch team. She's overall a 'nice' person, who calls everyone, except her friends by their last name. She can be a bit rough at the beginning which can be a bit unsettling. I feel like they should meet but I am unsure if they will get along or not, which is the best part in my opinion (nothing bad with haters)