Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
September, 2019 :: Spring

VMU Students ☆ 4th Year VMU Student/Secret Violinist✩ Kaitore
21 year old Pureblood Human ☆ HE/HIM

Even though he'd moved to Narrie, he couldn't just -not- give Shane business. What kind of friend would he be if he did that? Not to mention it had still been the primary hangout for himself, a few friends and his cousins. No matter where he would've been located, it couldn't change that very important fact within his mind. While it meant he needed to put a bit more effort getting to Melbourne it ended up being something that wasn't too big of a deal at the end of the day. Keeping the newly minted violin case with him he slid it under the table to one of the booths before sitting down, making sure to hide it just in case anyone he knew had walked in and became far too curious on -why- he had been carrying one. 

Coming straight from an Underground gig meant he didn't have the time he run back home and place it in its safe little nook in his room. His hand raising up towards one of the waitresses that took orders for the bar. "Hey, can you get me a White Russian and an order of nachos? Thanks." He leaned back while stretching both of his arms towards the sky and expelling out a gentle sigh. He hadn't expected Jamie or Alex to show up tonight, with the both of them most likely busy with work or whatever PR stunt Jamie's manager had wanted the young man to get himself into.

That particular bit left a sour taste within his mouth but what more could he do except be supportive? If anything were to happen to either of his cousins he'd just have to pick them back up, dust them off and offer every ounce of his strength when they needed it. As such he expected a lonely night, whether that had been a good thing or not he wasn't fully sure about. Once his drink and food arrived his hand curled around the old fashioned glass and picked it up, pressing the edge of it to his lips and taking a conservative sip from it. "Man. . . This is really good." Cole rather enjoyed cocktails, a way to imbibe in a fun and flashy way without immediately getting sloshed. 

What other way had there been to truly enjoy a drink?

Tally Staff ☆ School NurseTecri
25 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

It had been a week, Liv had finally moved out of her aunt’s house, while the woman was sweet to her core and friendly there was a lack of privacy that Liv didn’t enjoy, perhaps it was because she worried, or perhaps it was just to be updated on her niece’s life, Liv couldn’t distinguish between the two. The new house wasn’t too big, it was small despite having two bedrooms, needed a few fixes but nothing she couldn’t handle with magic, what was going to be more complicated was moving all of her things there, she had a lot of things, in a lot of boxes and some of those things couldn’t just be shrunk, the usage of magic on them would ruin their essence. That night wasn’t a night that she should worry about it, she at least had a new bed and the pluming was working, that was all she needed, well that and a drink, she really needed a drink.

Liv never lost her habit of showing up at The Tipsy Mozzie whenever she wanted something to drink. It had been her favourite spot as a VMU student, and she wasn’t going to give up that habit. She was hopping she could find some familiar faces, drinking alone was never fun, even if she was usually the one that happened to carry people home when they were too drunk to move, once the designated driver, always the designated driver. As always, the placed had a lot of patrons and she had a feeling more were going to arrive, it was a cosy place, people were nice and polite, what was there not to love about such a place like that?

Wandering around the place, trying to find someone familiar to her she noticed a familiar figure, while it wasn’t someone she usually met regularly, but it didn’t matter, that happened to be the right place and occasion to chat and now that she is back there’s no way she’s going to let friendships die once more, she learnt her lesson, she had learnt a lot of things recently, some still very fresh, but she was going to try to never do the same mistakes again.

She approached the figure lightly and tapped the tabled gently to catch his attention before looking down at him with a huge friendly smile. “Hey Cole! I had a feeling it was you.” She said perhaps a bit too excited about finding him there, she couldn’t deny that she was more than happy to meet a friend face. “Hi! How are you?” she asked before looking at the seat in front of him and pointing at it. “Do you mind if I join you?” upon confirmation she decided to take a seat and order something to drink and eat as she removed her coat and her scarf before paying attention to the young man. “I’m glad I found a friendly face today.”

People watching. That had been the general term for what Cole had chosen to engage himself in for a brief moment in silence, even as the door constantly opened up and the bell dinged to show people were using it - that attention never shifted. The window allowed for him to view the constantly moving world and perhaps get far more philosophical within his mind than he should've, where were they going? What were they doing? Wizard or Muggle? Secretly disguised Dhampir or Vampire? Those particular facts didn't really matter but it often added to the mystery and mystique of an individuals life and things they went through, enough of a thought that sparked in his mind on wondering if his current choices had been 'proper' ones. 

Moving seemed like the right thing, a good thing, it had been the steep for him taking his own life into his hands. To somewhat break the chain of feeling less than independent where he had been. The far lighter of his recent choices, the option to step into the Auror arena in the future still won as the 'Heavyweight Champion' to uncertain decisions and one that held some individuals in his life concerned for very good reasons. He couldn't knock away that they weren't within that right knowing how he himself had been. 

Shaking his head lightly, he tried to dislodge that kind of thinking from his head for the time being. Letting it be a weight on his mind would only cause him to be more uncertain, less resolved. Luckily for him a voice reached out to his ears in a greeting which by reflex caused his heel to lightly shuffle the violin case further back towards the wall. As if it would actually keep it fully concealed, knowing just that an adjusted foot placement would've been able to call it out. "Hey there, Liv! Looking vibrant as usual." Before he could even react on his nature to offer her a seat she'd already asked which caused an easy going smile to crease along his lips. "Always room for you at my table.

Taking another light sip from his own drink he gave a smooth nod towards her. "I'm pretty alright though. I mean, University is university, right? Always will have its fun up and downs. But pretty worth it. How about you?" A firm laughter fled from his lips and an errant hand weaved through his hair. Mostly to remind himself he needed to keep any form of embarrassment -firmly- in check considering the mixed clientele of The Tipsy Mozzie. "I'll admit I am too. I was actually expecting the lone ranger experience for a moment. Glad that isn't true." He took a single chip that had a small collection of cheesy sauce on it and popped it into his mouth to chew while slightly shifting it towards the middle of the table as a universal sign of sharing. 

"Sounds like you were running with a rough kind of a day though."

It was always nice seeing a friendly face, she was still glad she had found Cole to share a drink with, and to have a conversation; it was one of those day where having some company wouldn’t hurt a soul. She flashed another at Cole as he acknowledged her presence and she took the seat, shortly after her order arrived at the table and she was glad to be able to drink a cute cocktail with a little umbrella on it, she just hopped she wouldn’t get too distracted.

She had to agree with Cole, University had its ups and downs and sometimes it was just plain and boring like everything else in life. She had enjoyed her years there, some she wished she could take back, but it was not only impossible it gave her something that she wouldn’t have gotten if things had turned out differently. “It’s a different experience for everyone. It’s not all fun and games but it can be special or not, it’s all about what you do with it. But how’s it going? Classes going alright? If I’m not mistaken you graduate this year, correct?” she should keep contact with her friends more often; no one can make it out alone and thinking that one can it’s not only delusional but also irresponsible. “But I’ve been good. As you probably know I work at Tally and it’s still pretty much the same.” Her best memories were from her time in the school. While some were bittersweet, they were still the best memories she had, a time where innocence reigned.

Liv led the glass to her lips to take her sip of her fruity cocktail. “I see we’re both on the same boat.” Not that she was glad that he was alone, but now they both had some company and didn’t just have to drink and take off. It was much better to drink with a familiar face. “I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to stay after no finding anyone. I don’t mind drinking alone but it’s much better when you’re with someone.” She smiled at him. It wasn’t easy hiding how much happy she was, that she didn’t have to spend the night alone drinking, being alone with her thoughts, at least now they couldn’t haunt her anymore, but she does need to sort them out.

“You know how a few weeks are after the break, everyone somehow gets injured, like they forgot what they had learnt the previous term.” She laughed at it, but she had been in the same boat as the kids, the only times where she was injured was the first couple of weeks after the break, somehow she always ended up in the Hospital Wing. “And I am moving to a new house. It’s a quiet little place in Narrie, I couldn’t believe the luck I had, one day later and I was sure someone else would have taken it.” she had heard some people were looking for houses, and while the houses were cheaper there, there weren’t that many small houses available, every other house was big. “I started to make the move, still have so many boxes and new furniture is so expensive.”

Liv's drink seemed far more colorful than his own, eyes turning towards the mixture of dark liquid mingling with the lighter and obvious presence of cream that lingered within the center of his drink. It may not have had the flair of an umbrella but it did satisfy the palette he held too, at least for now. Who knew what else the night might've brought for him? The tip of his finger traced along the edge of the glass absent-mindedly, filled only to the middle with the ice gradually melting on the inside of it. 

"Heh, Right you are! Graduating from Practical Magic only to jump right into something else soon after. But it's definitely been an interesting experience. A  bit of fun, if you count the few times people just started tossing balloon's filled with shaving cream or melted whip cream." Even with magic trying to get certain stains out of sheets had almost been a chore in of itself. "So, just another few years and I'll probably be able to start looking for permanent career positions. But at least with a completed degree I can start for a little while." He figured he could handle it as long as he didn't take up too much, as long as he paced himself properly. "Oh, right! Running the Nurse gig! Oh, I'm so sorry." His words came out sympathetically but with a hint of humor as well. "You must get some of the oddest cases of accidents popping in the Nurses wing.

He smiled widely and vibrantly. "Sounds like a fun boat already!" His head nodding in agreement. "It is pretty boring without others around at times. Sometimes you want that alone time and other times you kind of hope someone pops in to rescue you from it." His smile shifting into a toothy grin with his hand curling around the glass of his drink and lifting it up in the form of a toast. "So, I guess you're my Superheroine today!" Then pressed the edge of the glass to his lips to sip a bit more from the contents. There had been no way for him to search what would be on the woman's mind preemptively, though how many people came to the bar without a weight on their shoulders and mind? Keeping that thought in mind his position shifted, leaning a bit further against the table and adjusting his attention towards Liv. 

"I call that the, 'No one is watching me so I do what want' effect. It was pretty popular in my time going there." A soft yet firm laughter eases out of him in a smooth tone. "Those were the days when I was Prefect too when it just seemed to be all the more worse because I had to keep watch." He sighed soon after and shrugged his shoulders, he wasn't a hard-ass sort but it didn't stop the stress that many students brought during his time there. "You're moving too? Guess Alex was right on the major exodus of moving . . I ended up packing up from my dorm and headed out too. Out to Narrie, in fact. Moved in with a few mates, a pretty nice place too."  A thoughtful hum resonated from him. 

"Well, I could always help you out in moving. Since that's pretty much the general direction for me it isn't that much of a problem or deterrent to help out." Cole chuckled, offering another smooth nod. "Furniture is getting pricey. I still need to find a few bits myself too. Right now my room is a bunch of duffle bags and a sleeping bag."

The food she had ordered was delicious and she started to eat as Cole replied to her question. She was surprised he was going to jump into something else after graduation, that seemed to be an ambitious move and an impressive one as well. “What will you be getting yourself into after graduation?” she asked curiously, smiling at him. She had no doubt he would succeed in whatever he decided to do, he was a bright young man, but it was a path many students don’t take, they just want to get over with it and get a job. “Do you have any plans? Of what you plan to do before that permanent career?” a fair question, while jobs in the muggle world were a bit tight, the wizarding world still had a few jobs. She took another crisp to her mouth as Cole spoke. She nodded at him. “Could be worse, but I get a lot of broken noses, arms and other far more complicated but amusing situations, not suited for this place at least.” She forgot for a moment that they were in a muggle bar, and neither of them seemed to have cast a spell to prevent people from listening.

Her smile grew wider. While they seemed to be on the same boat, they were on a fun boat, she wasn’t that funny, but Cole was good company. She nodded agreeing with him. “I like my alone time, but sometimes all you need is to have a couple of drinks with your friends.” She took another sip of her drink as she looked at Cole, almost spitting it all up when he called her a ‘Superheroine’. She put her glass down and chuckled at the thought. “I’m flattered but I’m hardly a hero. But if you ever need company feel free to ask, if I can I’d love to come, it’s always nice to be in good company.” She flashed a smile before resuming what she was doing, which was taking a sip of her drink and continue to eat. Liv was mostly tired, she had to think things through, and she had to have a conversation that couldn’t be avoided, and that it should have happened a while back, she simply kept postponing it.

“Don’t get me wrong, I love the job, I love working there, I love the students, and some are incredibly sweet. But some kids are not careful and running up and down gets a bit … tiring.” She commented. The job was everything to her, she did love every bit of it, but she also worried about the kids too much along with other things she was also worried about, she just wants to relax and have a nice conversation with someone. “So, you’re in Narrie now? That’s great.” It was a bit hard to contain her excitement about the news, most of her friends lived in Melbourne but now it was a lot easier to meet without having to worry about transport when one’s not in the best shape.

“Only if I'm not taking any of your time. I really appreciate the help. I still have so much to transport, I had no idea how many things I had.” Without help she was sure her move would take months, with help perhaps a few weeks. If she could just shrink everything, she owned it would be easier but sadly she couldn’t. “I have a bed and a couch, that’s all I have for now.” If she could ‘borrow’ some of her aunt’s furniture she would be good, but she was sure the veela would notice things missing from her house. “If you need help furniture hunting, I’ll gladly join you since I also need to do some myself as well.” she rose her hands and looked at Cole with a smiled. “But I promise I won’t steal anything you might like.” She took another sip of the drink, before putting it down.

“What made you leave noisy Melbourne for the quiet Narrie?”

"The Auror Program, they kind of requested me earlier in the year. Wanted me to switch once they dug up certain. . . Key information bits about me." That final point caused a visible grimace. He knew it couldn't be hidden for long, not with the history some members of his family held amongst the Ministry as Auror's themselves. It almost felt like a Legacy that needed to be carried on in some way. "I do! I plan to put my Practical Magic degree to the test for a bit, if I can get myself a foot into a Ministry job during the time it should cover a lot of costs. Not to mention it'd be a good way to start making those kind of connections too." An individual in either job could only do those jobs effectively with enough support in areas that  they couldn't focus or didn't hold knowledge about. "Truth. We'll, we can always find a place elsewhere to talk about that stuff too."

The downfall of having a hangout spot hosted by a friend that allowed for all forms of clientele. Granted, it'd have been difficult to not find a Muggle in any establishment even on streets frequented by Wizards.

"Always a time and place for things. Sometimes I find myself sitting here just enjoying watching the people go by on their everyday lives. Make up little scenarios in my head on where their destination would be." He shifted his eyes towards the window as an individual walked by with a heavy fur coat that obscured much of their face due to the colder weather that swept through the month. "Like, that person is probably off to join a 'Furry's Impressionist' group." A soft and amused chuckle barreled out of him. Grinning even in the face of her denial of not being a 'Superheroine', the comparison had already been made in his  mind and he had plans to make it stick. "Don't go denying your cool status now. But I'll take you up on that offer, may even challenge you to a drinking game if you think you're game." He was pretty sure he had been hanging out with Alex way too much at that point. 

Cole nodded smoothly in understanding, an expression of empathy etching on his face as his hand reached out to grasp hers lightly. "That just means you stay on the job, right? I mean, if they didn't do that they wouldn't need nurses!" A warming smile stretched across his face with the spoken words. "And they're lucky to have probably the most caring nurse around, I bet." Withdrawing his hand to settle it on one of the cheese doused chips, bringing it to his mouth and chewing. "Yeap, My mom was -really- ecstatic about the change." Pressing his back firmly against the chair to offer a bit more comfort. "But I'm loving the change of scenery. I've awesome roomies and it seems a lot of the really awesome people are moving there too." In that, he'd been including Liv, finding the woman's presence a serene gentleness. 

"Things just add up over time, it doesn't seem like much but when it's time to move it all? That's when you realize just -how- much." His laughter filled the area for a moment. "But you're not taking up my time, not at all. It could be a pretty fun time and it's always good to help someone out when you can." Moving was a hassle and if he could make it easier for another, why wouldn't he? "I have been avoiding telling Jamie or Alex about that tidbit of my situation. Alex would probably prod him into doing something about it and he'd well. . . Do something about it." Part of his move, admittedly, hinged on him offering a sense of independence in certain situations. To not feel like he needed to lean on his cousins for everything. "Hey, if we both like it we'll just have to play some really childish game to decide who gets it. Only fair, rock paper scissors? Gobstones? It could be fun going shopping with someone that needs it too."

"I guess. . . To kind of find myself a bit more. Sure, I have family in both places. But I also felt like where I was. . . I wasn't growing independent as I should've. Being my own kind of person. Need to find what it means to be, 'Cole', you know?" Maybe it sounded weird or even confusing with the way he spoke. Heck, not all of the pieces seemed to fit in his own mind. "What about you?"

The Auror Program wasn’t an easy one to complete and an even harder one to be accepted in, sometimes even with certain abilities it wasn’t an easy one for sure, but if Cole was asked to be part of it, it meant it wasn’t just because of his abilities, there had to be something else. She smiled at him and wrinkled her nose a little in a playful manner. “I don’t think that key information is the only reason, you’re probably some kind of genius and I don’t know about.” She joked lightly, but she was glad that he seemed interested and even accepted it, and he at least had a good head on his shoulders, thinking things through without jumping into something else. They couldn’t dig too deep into their wizarding world conversation, who knew who could be listening to them. Her smile and she nodded at Cole, it didn’t have to be right now, and it could be done later, she could also cast a spell to muffle their voices.

She listened to him and shifted her gaze towards the person that was walking on the street, someone with a heavy fur coat. “Hmm…but what if they are on their way to a secret meeting? Perhaps they are spies trying to deliver a message.” She spoke with a playful smile, her lips curling as she looked at Cole, before picking a crisp from her snack to eat it. Whatever was that person doing, hopefully it was something better than to go to a furry’s impressionist group or to go to a spy meeting. She chuckled at her new cool status, as Cole had called it, but her interest perked when she heard the word ‘game’. Liv wasn’t much of a drinker, she liked to remain sober, but she could never say ‘no’ to a friendly competition, a competition she intended to win. “Are you up for the task? Of challenging me to a drinking game? I’m in, tell me more details.” if one thought her smile couldn’t grow bigger, was mistaken.

Some kids left her tired, that was one of those days, she just couldn’t stop her battery slowly dying with every kid that had tried to fly through a wall only to get stuck in it, or through a window, breaking a couple of bones in the process, there was no amount of relaxation time that could make her recover. “I don’t plan on leaving the job, at least not permanently, and, thank you.” Her hand squeezed his lightly when his hand grasped hers before letting his hand go when he retracted it. She smiled at him, understand and accepting the words, while he wasn’t the first to proclaim them, he wasn’t going to be the last, but it somehow made her proud, like she had accomplished something. Her eyes followed her hand that reached out to another of her crisps as she mentioned his roommates. “Narrie is a great place, it’s more … inviting than the big city.”

He seemed to know exactly what she was talking about, she had no idea how many things she had until she started packing, and some of her things are still up in her old room. Cole was too kind and too helpful for his own good, but she wasn’t planning on taking advantage of the young man. “It can be fun indeed, but, about Jamie and Alex, they care about you, sure sometimes it’s … overwhelming, I feel that but it’s good when people care, means you’re not alone.” There was a difference between carrying and babying someone, Liv had a feeling it was the last option and not the first one, but she had to give them credit for it. A chuckle left her mouth as she imagined them both playing rock, paper, scissors to get the most desirable furniture. “I’m in for that, I have a feeling you’re going to lose something.” Her eyes widened and her lips curled in a slightly victorious smile.

When Cole began explaining the change, she smiled softly at him. She could understand the feeling behind it, she had gone through the same feeling before, perhaps the reason was different, or what lead to that decision was, the reason was the same, finding who they really were. “I think I understand the feeling. It’s like you need to know who you are without them, without their influence over you, either positive or negative.” She leaned forward on the table to look at him. “Being independent, the Cole that isn’t influenced by Alex and Jamie, right?” she had done the same, once she graduated, she just wanted to figure herself out, and also get away from it all. She decided to lean back on the chair. “There’s not a grand reason. I decided to move from my aunt’s because I wanted my privacy, it’s not easy living with her.” Living with a veela wasn’t easy, especially with a curious one.

Whether he held the full talent to make it through the program had been left up to him applying and pushing himself to see if he did. He couldn't blame those that knew him to have a sense of doubt, there were plenty of times he even doubted it himself. Liv's compliment only caused a smile to briefly crack from him before evolving into an amused laughter. "A genius? Me? I'm just a hard worker, I'll give myself that accolade without any reservations!" His expression displaying into a confident grin. Maybe the program instructor's saw something in him that he didn't, it could also be that they saw his Metamorphmagus nature as a tool to be used. One of the reasons to try and keep a low profile in a lot of situations; even the idea that his family legacy had been a reason crossed his mind. Whether they talked now or later about the matter hadn't bothered him in the slightest though he also didn't want to risk getting Liv into too much trouble. 

Maybe only a bit of trouble. 

"Ooh~ Yea, that's pretty good! Now you're getting into the spirit of it!" Cole let out a laughter fully humored by the picture that had been painted of the individual passing by their collective sights. "But what could the message be? Maybe they're a Spy of Fashionista's, trying to figure out the next big break in the stylish boots industry?" The tip of his finger tapped agaisnt the lining of his chin as if to ponder the thought realistically despite the fact that a clearly goofy grin made itself known on his face. For a small moment he forgot about the small detail that Liv rather enjoyed challenges and it took him only a fraction of a second to realize what he stepped into.  "I'm up to a lot of tasks. But challenging you. . . That is a task I don't think I've ever attempted." His head shifted towards the side for a moment. "There's a first time for everything! Well, we could always go twenty-questions or Truth or Dare." Those were pretty decent games, weren't they? What could go wrong?

"Don't need to thank me. I'm just calling it how I see it, you're a pretty caring person. Most people in many of the students lives don't have that kind of affection so knowing that there is someone that does? I think it helps." His hand lingered for a moment after the squeeze given by her then retracted back towards his side of the table. She most likely had been praised often enough which he expected his words to find little weight with such a shower. Even so he was grateful that someone like her had taken up the hardwork many people dismissed so handily. "It's been great so far. There's also a lot of places to go to that can give a bit of alone time." Sometimes he found himself needing to shift his appearance just for the freedom to do so as much as the practice of it. 

He chuckled; nodding subtly towards her words in understanding and agreement. "Yea, I know. I'm also grateful for it and feel the same way they do. I also don't want them to feel all cramped with me around. You know, expand their own wings for themselves." Maybe that had been more of him projecting, the thought of it had crossed his mind several times while choosing to make the move. "As long as I let them know this isn't a 'Kick out of my life' kind of choice. It's a, 'I want everyone to grow and see their own road' kind of choice." He'd always tried to look out for them the best that he could and overtime he realized that his worries were often considered to be him being 'too worried'. "Oh, we're definitely going to see about that. I'm pretty smashing at Gobstones." A grin shifted on his face from the poorly designed pun of his .

Liv's perception of phrase gave the clear idea to him that she understood the full length of words that he couldn't find to adequately vocalize the desire. "Yes! That's exactly it. Whether for good or ill I think it's pretty important we all do it. I feel it's been a 'We' for so long I've kind of lost what it's meant to be 'Me' in some cases." When his mind began to think on reasons for certain choices they always seemed to drift back to his cousins, something he knew he couldn't hinge every decision on that connection. His gaze lifted up to stare towards hers while leaning in more securely himself almost as if to be drawn by the motion she made. "That pretty much sums it up. They're two of the most important people to me but I know I can't make every decision based on them alone. It isn't fair to them and it definitely isn't fair to me.

Cole had spent more time subconciously thinking on it than he'd given himself credit for as the words that left his lips rung into his ears and constantly replayed within his mind. Only for a moment, however, as the woman's own reason soon overrided his own mental voice. "Privacy is important too. Sometimes you just want to be home and enjoy sometime with someone without really awkward questions or snooping."

She stared at him briefly, Cole was humble and maybe he wasn’t a genius, but his hard paid off, she was sure it wasn’t just that, he probably just liked to hide it or not to show off as most people did; she loved to show off how she could handle challenges and she loved being challenged, it was in her nature, perhaps making her a bit of a show off on that regard. The way she looked at him clearly indicated that he wasn’t giving himself enough credit. “Many people are hard workers, not everyone can accomplish that. Hard work is important, but it doesn’t fix everything.” A bird unable to fly can try as hard as it can, if the body does help no matter how hard they try they will never accomplish the task of flying.

A laughter escaped through her lips. “Maybe it stole the next big thing in fashion.” She picked her scar and wrapped it around her neck, trying to make it even thicker than it was. Her hand glided through her hair before she looked at Cole. “Maybe it’s scarves, hiding underneath that coat.” She puffed up the scarf a bit before another laughter escaped her lips. She took the scarf off and put it on the chair next to her. There was still a huge smile on her face, but the challenge was something that only made it bigger. “You know ... Truth or Dare has been a game I haven’t played in a couple of years, but twenty-questions, it goes years since I’ve done it.” using magic made the game easier than it already was, but somehow seemed a better game to go along his drinking challenge.

A smile stretched across her face, while many people told her how caring she was it felt refreshing hearing it from someone who wasn’t just another student, or a parent. She had known Cole for a while and she understood not everyone would be open to sharing their opinions, either fear of being misinterpreted or because it was sappy among friends. Friends knew how others felt about it, expressing was silly, but it had a different meaning, and very little things could compare to that feeling. She turned her eyes towards Cole, a smile still being worn by her face as he spoke. “You know, the reserve is a nice place. So is the lake. Alone time in those places is priceless.” The lake was her favourite place, maybe he too could find some peace there.

“I think they understand that you won’t leave their lives, but that you have to live yours.” As someone who just disappeared from everyone’s lives, she couldn’t really say anything, but she had learnt from it. Cole however, he showed more maturity, while their cases were different, she probably wouldn’t have acted as he did. “It’s important to find your own path, doesn’t mean others can’t assist you, but everyone has theirs. I don’t think they can blame you for anything.” she tried to be supportive, she agreed with him and how he was doing things, hopefully he also had some support from the others as well, which she didn’t doubt. The conversation about furniture had just gotten real. “We’ll see about that won’t he?” for a moment one could see a slight spark on her eyes, showing excitement over their little deal about furniture.

Being able to find their own path and purpose, and even themselves was important, living dependent on others wasn’t bad, but being able to be independent, regardless was ideally. Other shaped how a person thinks and acts that along the way one forgets who they really are. “It’s not fair on anyone, and decisions based on others might hurt you or stop you from doing something that makes you happy, the same for them. Figuring out who you are, and what you want is important.”

She acknowledged his words, smiling and nodding at him. “Being able to sit with someone and enjoy a good moment without questions is indeed really good. Questions will be inevitable, but they shouldn’t feel awkward asking, that’s a sign that it shouldn’t be asked in the first place.” 

"Man, you're preaching the choir on this one. . ." He smiled towards Liv as she spoke, he lived that realization. Tossing himself into endless work after work, responsibility after responsibility all with the idea that it would somehow erase certain feelings and emotions he held. Things that simply just hadn't been proper, wasn't easily accepted by many. "I tried that route before. It doesn't work. . . Don't think I ever believed it would but I had hoped it would help on some level." His shoulder lift up in a somewhat sagged weight at the mere thought of the reason that set him on that kind of a path. "But I also took away a lot of things from it. Working hard is a good trait to start developing and a lot of skills and things I picked up are still of use to me today." It may not have done what it was intended but he couldn't say it had all been a pointless waste of his time either. 

"Not just any kind of scarf, a plaid scarf. Trying to make the hit that only ever existed with skirts!" Even then he couldn't said 'Plaid skirts' were the kind of fashion sense he wanted to ever unveil back into the world as a 'good idea'. Though each person held their own particular style. "Then lets go with 'Truth or Dare'. Honestly, I have a hard time coming up with good questions anyways. And Truth or Dare can give you the same answers to a lot of things, I think." Not the most conventional way to get to know someone but it did unveil much of their mentality especially when it came to trying to turn it into a drinking game. "I mean, unless you want to back out of it now. I wouldn't blame you!" He stated in a playful challenge, leaning his back against the seat in a relaxed manner. 

Whether Liv knew it or not that smile spoke volumes and it'd been enough to ease him into understanding that it did hold a meaning for her. He wasn't sure in which way or the weight of it but all that mattered was that it managed to connect and that had been what made what he considered his awareness of her talent far more worth it to being spoken outwards. "I've spent some time at the lake recently. You know, taking in a bit of the scenery." Testing his Violin and probably setting a world-record of blushing that day too. "I hadn't considered the reserve though. Might need someone pretty familiar with it to take me there. . ." He'd hoped the words and the smile he wore set off the obvious hint. 

"Maybe. I know Alex has been taking it a bit hard since I made the decision to move. Like she feels. . . Distant, isolated." A sigh exhausted from him and his head shook lightly. "But all she ever needs to do is ask and I can make something or her that would get her to people she needed in a flash." Since his studies had been into practical magic the use of Portikeys and the like had been mere child's play. Even finding a safe and proper place to land had been far easier than he would've admitted of it. He wasn't sure exactly where his 'path' would be but knew it wouldn't have been found if he was always looked at as the 'Baby Cousin that needed protection.' in some fashion. A smirk touched his lips as her challenge seemed to be a mood and atmosphere brightener for him. "Now I'll have a reason to break out my old Gobstone set. I actually created them myself, it's less of a 'putrid smell'. It's actually mixed up with a potion that spits out Jell-O."

"That was my way of thinking. I don't think they would be able to grow much if I'm always hanging around. Not to say I -won't- be around. Especially when they need me but. . ." He hummed for a moment, fingers tapping the table. "Alex once said to be on the Quill that 'I needed actual friends'. I hadn't put much thought into it but as time went on. . . I think we've been using one another as a safety net in that kind of area." At least he knew he had been and it meant that things needed to change. -He- needed to change, to find more of himself than he really felt had been held. 

"If you feel odd about asking it chances are you don't really want to know, right?" He laughed lightly. "But privacy is important in general too. Sometimes you just want your own space, your own area. No questions, no considerations just. . . . You. At least until you're ready to let people be apart of that unique experience."

The conversation continued and Liv didn’t really have anything else to add to the topic but continued to listen to Cole and being a hard worker was a good trait to have, those that do could go further, but if one person has no aptitude for it, the hard work would have to exceed expectations. She still thought Cole, perhaps was being too humble, or not even realized he could be more than he showed, but she wasn’t going to pressure it, she was just going to keep her opinion about him to herself, maybe one day rub it in his face. The thought of a victory sort of dance made her smile grow a little bit as she looked at Cole, she just couldn’t help it.

He seemed to agree with her, the person carrying secret files about fashionable items, like a scarf. She let out a chuckle, taking another bite of her snack. She didn’t think she would be finding such pleasant company. “Well, it so happens I have a hard time coming up with questions myself, but I love coming up with dares.” Most of her dares were innocent, some thing the person had to do, try to levitate, grab things with the hands are behind their back without using magic. “Me? Backing out? You know I won’t back down from it, we might not be sober at the end of the game, but I don’t back out.” She leaned forward on the table, looking at Cole, her smile curling while her eyes showed how enjoyable she was finding the whole idea. “Unless, you want to.”

Words spoken by friends, people who were important meant a lot more than random words spoken by strangers. A friend was far more important, their words were valuable, they were even priceless. “The lake is great, I like to go there often too, depends on the weather I guess.” Winter wasn’t a big of a deal to her, she could simply raise her body temperature, and her previous companion on the lake didn’t seem to have much trouble either. She should probably invite him to do it more often, now that Spring was roughly one month away, maybe he’d like to visit it more often. She looked at Cole, his words sounded like he wanted some company. “I can show you around, I’m sure we can work around our schedules to find a perfect day, or days if you want to visit more than one with company.” He just needed to tell her when he was free, and she could certainly work her way around things.

She could understand Alex, and change was hard, especially when someone was alone and was used to something, surely with time Alex would accept that things change, maybe she will see she isn’t as far from others as she thought. “Give her time to adapt, it’s not easy but you still go to Melbourne almost daily right? Because classes? Shouldn’t be too hard to give her a surprise visit, she’ll be happy.” It was an interesting dynamic, they all seemed to love and care for one another, Liv never experienced it, all her cousins died long before she was born, and she knew nothing of her dad’s side of the family. The way he spoke about his ‘do it yourself’ Gobstones was intriguing. “I can’t wait to try it then, maybe it’ll be a tasty one as well.” She joked.

“Maybe you’ve grown so used to being around them that you might be a bit scared? Of reaching out, talking and opening up to others?” she was the one to talk. She talked to her plants at school, at the plants at her aunt’s house and only recently had found someone to confide some things to. It wasn’t an easy thing to do, putting oneself out there, but Cole seemed to be doing great so far. “It’s not easy but I know what you mean. You need to meet knew people in order to grow.”

Privacy was important to her and her aunt didn’t seem to know that, or maybe she did and just ignored Liv’s words. “I don’t mind being asked for, I just wished she knew when to stop when I tell her I don’t want to talk about it.” it was her biggest issue, being constantly confronted with the same questions she didn’t feel like answering. “Yeah, you need time to think, to see all your options and to ask those questions to yourself, when you’re ready to share them with someone you will…sometimes, you don’t even need to be asked.” Being comfortable around someone was valuable, being able to just sit and talk about things without the other person having to ask was amazing, and it felt like there’s some sort of connection. “When you feel safe, I think you can just share things.”

She finished her drink and closed her eyes for a brief moment before looking at Cole. “But, enough about me and my problems with my aunt.”

"You make it sound as if you walk around coming up and cataloguing the different kinds of dares that pop into your mind." His lips turned into an amused smile. The thought was amusing but seemed equally fitting given the woman's occasionally challenging and daring nature when it came to games and competition. The wealth of dares that could emerge were countless too, only ever limited by their own imaginations and willingness. "I don't think either of us really came here to -leave- completely sober, you know." He laughed playfully while leaning his back into the chair with his head shaking from her implied statement. "Nope, I'm all in. I just wanted to give you the chance to bolt before facing the reality that I will outlast you.

While he'd been raised in the Narrie area he never held much time for exploration of its more vibrant parts. Finding that his current situation made for a perfect reason to explore. An excuse to go beyond what he normally felt as a general 'comfort', expanding just a bit more on himself. "Weather can make a bit of an obstacle. Though much like the seasons it also could make scenery that is hard to miss under the most extreme of circumstances." Most likely not fully worth the risk but he also had his personal ways of pushing through unpleasant weather if necessary. Liv's agreement to show him around the reserve drew a thankful and grateful smile and expression. "Yea, that'd be great. I've all my classes for early courses so usually the afternoons are when I'm free as a bird." Sometimes literally in his case.

His hand pressed against the back of his head, disheveling a few strands of hair only momentarily before they seemed to softly curl back into place. "Yea, I know. And I do go there pretty often, classes and a few things for work I still have out there. I won't be entirely out of reach in that way, able to always just drop by and surprise her." Chances would be he would constantly bring her favorite dish every single time he would. While he expected the woman would be happy he also expected her usually witty sarcasm that tends to arrive in full force. Perhaps part of her charm. "Then I'm glad you know I'd win enough for you to taste the Jell-O!" After all, how else would she be able to taste it other than his glorious mandated victory?

Cole didn't expect his choice to have no form of blowback, at the very least he knew his cousins understood and both in their unique way supported him for it. But it also didn't mean they entirely would be thrilled by it especially when it came to the suddenness of the decision itself. "Maybe. . . I mean, that's what happens when you get too comfortable, right? It starts to become the safest option and not always the healthiest." He could always rely on them but he couldn't -only- rely on them. A similar yet very obvious difference in terminology in his mind. "New people or even get to know the ones already around in a way that doesn't hinge on, 'Well. . . They're my cousins friends.'" He laughs weakly, knowing all too well that feeling when it came to many of the people in their 'circle'. It wasn't by any means because he knew them but because they knew them. 

"Oh, I'm supposed to share all that? I was just hoping to keep it all personal and buried." He snickered, smile widening in a jesting manner. Maybe there would be someone to share things with, the feeling wasn't bad. At least the bit that he managed to share with someone even if they accidentally came across it there hadn't been a 'bad' feeling to it. Nervousness that gradually transformed to a bashful gratefulness, an odd collection of emotions all at once at that moment. 

Bringing up his own drink to his lips he downed it and set it towards the side. "Oh, don't you worry! I do know when to stop asking when you don't want to talk about it." He spoke trying to offer a segueing levity to the topic at hand while raising his hand up towards the nearby employee. "Now, what will be our poison for this game of Truth or Dare? It has to be the same thing or else it won't be fair." He grinned towards her, not even considering that maybe they should've set 'ground rules'. After all, how crazy could it get between the two of them?

A mischievous smile grew on Liv’s lips as Cole spoke. She didn’t but the idea was amusing, and she had to admit it, but it wasn’t a bad one either. Maybe she should start a hobby of cataloguing dares to then just dare people to do them. No, she wouldn’t do any of that, but the more she thought about it, the more she was inclined to dare Cole to do several things, only to see if the young man could. Leaving the bar sober was easy for her, she was mostly a social drinker, and if she hadn’t found Cole, she would have ordered the food and a soda and then go back home, but if he thought she was going to let him win, he was wrong.

She agreed with him, nodding at the young man’s observation about the weather. She found the lake to be particularly appealing during a stormy night, maybe not the best place to be, but it had a lovely view, watching the thunder roar above the water, it was breath taking. “Then it’s settled, when I leave the school, I shall meet you there.” The reserve was beautiful, both for a walk with company or to enjoy the scenery alone, if by any chance Cole had the opportunity to visit it alone, she was sure he was going to enjoy it as much as he did with her, maybe even more.

“You’re a good person Cole.” A soft smile stretched as she looked at him. The affection he had towards his cousins was palpable, and many people, despite all the affection they held, sometimes they put their comfort above others, and Cole didn’t seem to be that sort of person. But if he thought he was going to make her taste the Jello-O he was wrong. “You’ll be surprised.” She wasn’t going to lose.

“It’s good to have someone to lean on, but you shouldn’t forget that there are pretty awesome people out there.” Having a safety net wasn’t a bad thing, it was a good and safe choice, one wouldn’t want to stay alone in the world, but one shouldn’t be too comfortable and forget about others. “Just because they are your cousin’s friends doesn’t mean they aren’t yours silly.” She laughed. She was friend with his cousins, but she was his friend as well, or at least she considered Cole a friend, she didn’t see him as Jamie and Alex’s younger cousin.

She leaned on her chair and looked at Cole. She lowered her hand and watched Cole, she initially thought that maybe cast a tickle spell would be amusing, but perhaps calling attention towards them wasn’t the safest choice, not in a Muggle bar.

She thought a second time about the idea to tickle Cole, but stopped when he spoke, it would be mean of her and she could do it in person, another day. “Hmm, black vodka has a sweet taste of blackberries. Are you in?”

He'd never seen Liv as much of a heavy drinker even moving towards the idea that may have actually been the heavier drinker of the two depending on the moment. Already claiming a mental win as if it would solidify into reality if he thought of it enough. It had been simple for him to have it in the bag, right? There'd been no awareness in him in gauging just how truly competitive the Half-Veela could and would most likely be, especially if that swan-like confidence in him started to make itself known. 

"I'm good for that plan easily. I'm always told I need to get out more anyways." A softened chuckle emitted from him. He'd been aware that he needed to fill up his coming days with a series of relaxing plans, establishing them strongly so that they could help reduce much of the potential stress and trials he would no doubt face once he started going through the training for being an Auror. It also had simply just been a very healthy habit emotionally and mentally and the particular case of where they would be visiting, physically too. Part of him did feel bad taking up that kind of time from the older woman, surely she must have things she'd rather be doing than playing guide, right?

"Oh. . . Thank you." His hand brushed along the back of his head with slightly reddened cheeks. Compliments weren't an uncommon thing even so he couldn't seem to not feel only a bit embarrassed at receiving them. He'd never worked to gain them only seeing it as him being himself; His cheeks reddened nature didn't last long as they gradually eased back into the tint of his natural skin. "Will I? Guess there's only one way to find out then." Another game of competition in the works and it hadn't even been time for it yet. 

"I can't argue that point considering whose sitting across from me and all." After all, Liv had been a woman to admire in the awesome department. Caring and strong despite whatever weight may have weighed on her. Though he hadn't expected her to have that verbal reaction to his words, did she consider him a friend as much as she did Alex and Jamie? There'd been no reason for him to doubt that, she'd never been a person who seemed to hide her intentions or phrases behind a false sense of sincerity. "Hahaha, maybe. I always looked at it as you know, the 'Younger Sibling' effect. Not that I -have- siblings but they're like it.

"Black Vodka it is then! Rules are pretty simple, All Truth questions asked are two shots. A Dare is two but if you can't complete it for some reason or back out it's three!" His attention turned towards the employee with a wide smile placed on his face. "Can you get us several shots of Black Vodka, please?" Attention turning back to Liv while rummaging through his pocket to grasp hold of a coin and pull it out. "We'll decide who asks first by flip, Heads or Tails?" After which ever had been decided he'd flip the coin in the air by the tip of his thumb. 

The metallic piece twisting and twirling about until it started to descend back towards the surface, clanking against the table and bouncing a few times. Twirling and bobbing on its circular edge before tipping over to reveal its gambling face upwards. 

Olivia wasn’t a heavy drinker, but she was determined to win. She wasn’t even sure why she had such a desire for it, but somehow, she felt that it would surprise Cole in a way that he would think twice about challenging her again, or he’d just continue until he finally wins, either way, she wouldn’t mind. Her competitive demeanour wanted him to continue to challenge her, even small useless challenges could be amusing. Maybe Cole wasn’t someone who enjoyed going out? Or maybe he just didn’t know that many people to hangout with, they were practically on the same boat. “Ah. Well I often hear I need to find someone to hangout with, and I can hardly think of anyone that would make a good company.” she could only think of a couple of people aside from Cole. His demeanour was easy to be around and relaxing as well.

She smiled watched as his cheeks got slightly tainted with colour, it wasn’t her intention to embarrass him, but it seemed that she had done it. Her apology got left behind when the redness disappeared. She didn’t know Cole to enjoy games that much, or at least he seemed to be. Hopefully he didn’t mind her competitive disposition. “I’m sure we can find many games to play. If you feel like joining me for more sometime.” He needed to get out more and she needed to hangout with other people more often, it sounded the perfect combination in her mind. What could possibly go wrong?

Due to their slight age difference the only reason they met was through Jamie and Alex, but quickly Cole was one of them, not the cousin, he wasn’t an accessory. “I think you’re just silly thinking that it’s the ‘Younger Sibling’ effect. I consider you my friend as much as I consider them my friends.” There wasn’t much more to say about it. She was sure when they were younger the age difference would have made it weird for a young teen hanging out with older teens, but now they were all adults. “For the record, I don’t need them to be present if you ever want to hangout or just do something.” the smile on her face grew as she spoke. She wanted to be sure Cole knew he could just call her if he wanted some company.

The half-veela, watched Cole order the drinks and take the coin out. “How do I know you’re not cheating?” she asked jokingly. Her smiled showed how amused she was, and how she wasn’t serious about the question. She closed her eyes, putting her hand in front of it. “I want Heads!” she spoke as the coin continued to twist and twirl on the tabled until it fell. She took the hands off her eyes to look at the coin, before looking at Cole. Eventually the lady came with several shots of the alcohol, which Liv proceeded to pay, if was best to do it while they were still sober.

“Let’s see what the coin has for us, Mr. Lin.” she spoke as she watched the coin, flashing Tails at them. "I guess you're the first one. Truth or Dare?" 

He'd been well aware of what hindered him on the front of expanding out towards more friends. While there'd been many that didn't connect to his Cousins the fact of the matter had been he kept a distance in order to act as a form of 'guard' to the twins. Helping them back when they were kids hadn't been the easiest thing he'd ever done and he didn't want to risk the two of them being put in that kind of a dark place again or worse being even more broken from it. He sighed lightly at the thought, he needed to no longer be the ever watchful dog. "I hear you on that! At some point need to dig out of that little secluded tunnel though. So. . . Fingers crossed, right?" A wide smile pulled onto his face.

Competitive natures had been something he'd grown up around, even if it didn't entirely describe him part of him did enjoy the fun of a challenge slightly. It'd been the expense paid growing up with Jamie and even Alex at times when that fire sparked in the woman. "What, do you just walk around with a bunch of games in your head?" A smile curved on his face while laughing lowly. "You have a special storage space where you have all your props for games, huh? Volley balls, nets, maybe even a dodge ball or five." It was only a bit of fun poking but it still had been something that also seemed quite plausible, a lot of Wizard's hald small little sectors for their favorite things. 

Cole couldn't hold in the small laughter that started to emerge once more passed his lips. "Maybe you're right about that. . . But it doesn't stop the thoughts, you know. Still, I'm glad that you think of me as your own friend too." There hadn't been anything wrong with what she said, no expectation by him that she may have been saying it just to make him feel better either. "Hahaha, you say that now. But when you're beaten by all the games played then you'll be wanting some backup to help." He grinned towars her, adding a bit of a playful tone towards his words. "I'm always up for hanging out though, making time should be pretty easy for me to do depending."

"Mmmm. . . You don't~! Looks like you'll just have to play or run!" By now, it'd been extremely obvious that 'running' from a game wasn't in the woman's personality. The face of the coin had been revealed, landing upwards had been the etched pattern on what would be considered as 'Tails'. His hand adjusting the tray of drinks to be centered between the two of them to make it easier to acquire one of the shots instead of the risk of knocking all of them over. "Is that how Heads or Tails works for you?" A playful smirk turning along his features. 

"Let's see. . . Dare!"

He seemed attached to his family, which was sweet, but it could also be dangerous, he did seem to have a good head. She chuckled at his words and nodded, her chuckle turning into a smile as she looked at him.

She couldn’t help it, she was competitive, and it was clear to those who knew her, or at least those who had entered a competition with her. She liked to win, while it wasn’t the biggest part of the competition, and whenever she did, the glow in her eyes along with a victory dance. “I happen to have a few games in my head. Are you interested in them?” she spoke, looking at Cole curiously yet playfully. If he wanted to challenge her for more games he could, she wouldn’t say no to such a wonderful activity. “I wouldn’t say a storage space, but I do have a few games at home, mostly, muggle games.” she laughed at the situation. She used to play them regularly, but now it’s a bit hard to get a schedule that fits everyone in order to gather a group to play. Maybe she could, and should organize a playful game night, assuming everyone could attend.

The words that she had spoken were true, Cole was as much of a friend as his cousin’s were, she couldn’t distinguish between them, nor favour one above the others, but it seemed that it was something that troubled him? Perhaps because he was younger. Maybe he just needed to grow without being surrounded so much by the other two, maybe it would help him get the idea out of his head. “Beaten? Me? Sorry Cole, but you’re the one that’s going down.” She spoke, her lips still forming a smile as she looked at Cole, before it slowly became smaller. “You know where to find me. If you ever feel like visiting me at Tally, I’m always on the Hospital Wing.” Maybe even after her shift, if he was still free, nothing said they couldn’t hang out for a while.

“You won, you should go first obviously.” Not exactly what it meant, but she was avoiding having to go first, to see how far Cole was willing to go. It sounded like cheating, it was probably cheating, she just would prefer to go second. “Alright…dare, dare, dare….I dare you to hop on that bench and yell “I am handsome” then come back here.” Would he take? Or would he chicken out? “Oh, I go dare.”

Hearing her speaking of the games caused him to laugh, in a very dorky manner. An actual snort-chuckle rumbled out of him before his hand rose up to cover his mouth and nose to try and contain it. "I'm game for them. I could always use more areas to tally against you for my inevitable win." The tone within his voice had been an obvious joking manner,  he understood the need and drive of competition. One didn't work hard and achieve certain stations and accolades without having that form of drive within them to beat out the other prospective individuals. "Muggles do have the edge in that department, games." There hadn't been many options in the realm of Wizards, not in comparison to the kind of things that existed on their opposite societies end of choices. 

"You'll find I'm much more feisty than people give me credit for!" Whether that had actually been a true statement, he wasn't sure. If anything it'd been something thought and stated in the heat of posturing and strutting that seemed to be playfully happening between the two of them. Then his eyes blinked several times, head tilting to the side barely while wearing a quizzical expression. He wouldn't have expected she would've wanted to be bothered by people while on the job, especially with how danger prone students and even staff members could be. "Uh, yea, sure. I mean, I can stop by if that's what you really want.

Who was he to tell her that she wouldn't want to? Or even imply that it would be a hassle if she'd offered? He trusted that she'd been aware of her limits as much as the workload to not stretch herself too thin. At least, he hoped he'd been trusting properly in that; being neglectful wasn't something that he wanted to occur on his end. 

"Sly, Liv. Very~ sly." A grin perched on his brow while he shook his head with a clear look of amusement. It'd been cheating, on any kind of checklist, however, he didn't mind it. In fact, he took it with a good-natured stride. He glanced to the accrued shot glasses towards the bench before taking a deep breath and standing up to walk over towards the bench and standing on top of it, pressing both of his hands on his waist with chest pumped out as if he were a superhero. The action alone drawing more than enough eyes, it seemed as well. 

"I am handsome!" The heat of embarrassment that struck at his face from even going to such an extent started to rise but he clamored to suppress it as quickly as he could before returning back to his actual seat and taking two shots of the vodka. "Ah~. . . Okay. So that's how we're playing!" His lips curled upwards, baring a toothy smile. "Now, if I remember, you said dare." One of his index fingers rose up and tapped between the bridge of his chin with a gentle hum resonating in his throat. "Okay, I got it!" Glancing around for a moment he spotted a lone sitting woman with a full drink catering to her side. "I dare you to go up to that lady and take her drink and down it right in front her."

Sharing and playing games with friends, enjoying a good time was one of the best things and Liv loved it, which meant that when Cole agreed to it her smile grew as she looked at him, but it didn’t mean she was going to let him win, no, she was going to do everything to crush him in those games and then flaunt her victory playfully, ready to do her victory dance. She was a terrible winner and depending on the game she wouldn’t mind cheating a little bit, it was just a game, but she loved the sweet taste of victory more, but if she ends up losing, maybe Cole should be the one to embarrassingly do the victory dance.

“So, you’re a box full of surprises?” she replied to his comment. He could be feisty all he wanted, he wasn’t going to win. “But now you need to show me how much you want victory.” She chuckled. It was hard imagining Cole like that, he looked always so calm, maybe she needed to poke the bear a bit more often to see if it reacts. The job was mostly quiet, depended on the days and on the classes that kids have. “I don’t mind at all. Well if I have work you might need to wait, but other than that it’s fine. It comes in waves you know?” she shrugged, unsure if Cole actually wanted to show up, but it would up to him, she had already invited him, he wanted he was welcomed, if he didn’t, she wasn’t going to be upset with him over something that ridiculous. “Some days are boring, and there’s nothing to do, other days it gets crowed. I can’t predict when I’ll be swamped with work, I do know after Quidditch matches it gets crowded.”

He accepted the little cheat she had pulled and didn’t seem too upset about it. She watched carefully as he made his way to the bench, he wasn’t ready to chicken out, good, it seemed that she was going to have some fun tonight, more fun than she would have excepted. When he spoke the words she had told him too, she cheered him on, as support to cause a slight embarrassment to him. When he got back to his seat, she flashed a smile. “Very good, you should have seen the faces of people, I think some ladies were impressed.”

Now it was her turn, the looked on his face told her she wasn’t sure if she was going to like it or not, but she was going to finish it. As he spoke, she looked towards the woman he had mentioned. “Very well.” She got from her chair and casually walked up to the woman, she wondered if she should change some of her features, but eventually decided against it. Without even greeting the woman Liv took the woman’s shot and drank it, while looking at the woman, who seemed too shocked to even say or do anything. The open eyes and confused expression gave Liv the opportunity to leave. The woman was speechless, confused and overall irritated at Liv’s actions, muttering something that it was impossible to figure out from Liv’s seat.

She sat down looking at Cole, the smile on her lips told him everything he needed to know, he wasn’t going to win.  “Your turn, what do you pick? Truth or dare?”