Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
October, 2019 :: Spring

Narragyambie ☆ Australia National Quidditch Team Seeker, Living Merch Machine✩ Kirupachi
22 year old Halfblood Human ☆ He/Him

What had been at first a charitable act with the best of intentions had turned into a complete nightmare. That afternoon Jamie had gone over to Narragyambie with the purpose of helping his cousin Cole with moving in to an apartment he'd be sharing with four others; as he doubled back to visit his mother, however, something had gone awfully wrong. The word of the day was 'paparazzi', and they were after them like a moth to a flame.

The man ducked various alleys, inadvertently ending up in the richer part of town - everything was so out in the open it became difficult to conceal his presence. Why were they there? Had they been stalking his QuillBook like hounds for information? He hadn't mentioned going to Narragyambie on that specific day, but he had alluded to wanting to move there. Were they staking out the place in hopes they'd run into him? 'Creepy.'

He didn't want to be thrown into jail over trespassing, but desperate times called for desperate measures - he couldn't Apparate out of the situation and running would call for more attention than it would deter, and thus, in his eyes, he had no choice. In a last ditch effort to throw his pursuers off, he jumped the fence of a nearby run down house and ducked behind one of the bushes, peeking out from behind the shrubbery to observe the few people that had come to that side of town looking for him.

From what he watched, they looked around exasperatedly; he ducked further when he spotted someone looking his way, and it was quite fortunate that they hadn't detected him. After around a minute of them talking between themselves, they dispersed. With pure relief, the man fell back on his rear from the crouched position, letting out a long exhalation. "Thank Merlin..."

Narragyambie ☆ Photographer✩ Tecri
23 year old Halfbreed Fairy ☆ She/Her/Hers

It was a lovely day to just stay home and not do anything. Thanks to the help that Robin had gotten, her work has been going smoothly, she had delivered most of the projects, people had already paid and she had paid the person she had previously hired; today was a day to just relax, enjoy the winter weather and just watch people pass on the side walk. She sat on her roof, a slightly hidden location where she could just watch people walk by, going on with their lives as Robin watched them, a boring activity to the eyes of the two twins who kept annoying the dogs to play with them.

Robin closed her eyes for a few moments, and before she knew it there was a rather familiar face on the street. Was that … Jamie? The Bourke kid who she might have had a crush on? For a moment her eyes widened, and her heart began beating a bit faster than it should, it had been years since she had seen him in person, talking through text was one thing, but physically seeing him? It wasn’t good that she was feeling all giddy about it, she was an adult not a teen, she clearly had to stop feeling like that.

She took a deep breath, missing the bunch of people that seemed to be looking for something? Or someone? She couldn’t really tell since she couldn’t hear them, and she wasn’t interested in knowing what they were doing. Shortly after noticing them she watches Jamie, a smile appeared on her lips as she noticed he was crouching behind her fence and hadn’t noticed the two dogs that were behind him, Freya and Persephone. When he fell Robin started to laugh, before deciding to get up. “Freya! Persephone! Go see mom!” she shouted at the dogs who ran back inside before she quickly descended to the ground and approached Jamie. 

"What brings you to this part of town?" 

Narragyambie ☆ Australia National Quidditch Team Seeker, Living Merch Machine✩ Kirupachi

Just as he had willed his body to relax as the danger left the area, Jamie jerked with fright as a mildly familiar voice pierced his ears, coupled with the sound of small running steps, akin to those of quadrupedal animals, seemed to get farther and farther away. He quickly turned around, still on the floor, to spot two Great Danes running away from him and into the house. Had he really jumped a fence and didn't notice there were guard dogs? They could've ripped him to shreds!

Pressing his palms to the cool grass to help himself back up to his feet (regrettably, as it was quite cold), Jamie looked over at the familiar house. Before he could make an accurate judgment of where he was, however, an old friend came into view. Jamie's eyes widened slightly in recognition as he spotted Robin - they hadn't seen each other in years, distance created by each moving on with their lives, but at least he was fortunate enough to say they were on good terms still.

"Robin! Hey!" The giddiness of his greet soon faded, however, as he realized he was standing inside her property without having been invited. The grin he had once sported quickly turned into despair as he shook his head abruptly instead of replying to the woman directly, holding his hands up so to effectively disarm himself. "This... This is not what it looks like, I swear!" He was unaware that she had been watching him, and as far as he was concerned, he could see why Robin would think he was trying to break into the house.

The redhead watched the young man get up from the floor, she opted not to say another word to Jamie as she approached him. She crossed her arms with a smile on her face, trying not to laugh too much at the situation she had found him. Her hand rose when he greeted her by name, it had been a while since she had seen him, back in the day she couldn’t speak straight, getting embarrassed quite easily, she had even forgotten what it was like. One thing she didn’t count on was the soft tingling feeling in her chest, she was sure she was over it so why was it bothering her so much? She chose to ignore the feeling, at least for the time being, even if it kept nagging at her.

“That’s not what I asked…but okay.” She chuckled as she stared at him. “What does it look like to you exactly?” she hadn’t even considering that he could be trying to break into her house, for once, he would need to go through the stupid amount of fae magic that surrounded the house, then he would have to go through two annoying ghosts who would probably kick him out before he even realized what was happening. “More importantly, are you alright? You seem a bit lost.” She uncrossed her arms and put her hands on her hips, almost like trying to make a point.

“Want to talk inside? It’s a bit chilly out here.” A faint red colour blended into her skin as she spoke. What was Robin doing? She wasn’t really sure, but she didn’t want to talk to him outside, they would be more comfortable inside, where it was warm, and there was tea and other beverages, and more importantly food. The tingling sensation continued to nag at her, she took her hand to the middle of her chest to rub it, and it did go away, for a brief moment until it came back.

The chuckle and line of questioning led Jamie to believe Robin didn't see him as an intruder at all; the realization relaxed the man minimally as his hands slowly lowered from the defensive position. Perhaps it was their familiarity that brought about the lack of assumption - or maybe his reputation hadn't reached that neck of the woods yet.

His eyes widened with surprise as Robin invited him inside the house. She had never been anything less than friendly to him, but it felt like an odd idea to have for someone whom she hadn't seen in years, and whom had just invaded her property. He took a moment to glance over his shoulder back out onto the street, as if expecting the crowd to come back running into the vicinity. Several seconds passed with nothing but silence between the two before he turned back around and spoke up.

"I... I guess so, if that's okay with you." He gave her a light nod, but the ever so perceptive Seeker noted the mildly rosy tint to her cheeks - was that what she meant by chilly? Was she ill? "Just thought that I'd look like some home invader, really, but... Doesn't matter anymore really, does it? Guess I have some explaining to do anyway..." A nervous chuckle escaped. Perhaps it was for the best that he had jumped into that house in particular. Any other would probably have him arrested.

"After you." He motioned towards the porch, figuring it was rude to barge into her house first.

Robin continued to pay attention to Jamie and his reactions. She was quite amused that he thought there was something wrong? Whatever the reason that lead him to do he did was probably a good one. Over the time she knew Jamie she never thought anything of him, he was nice, polite, among other things, and remembering that just brought all those memories and emotions, which she was doing a good job keeping in check, at least for now.

Her smile widened when he accepted her proposal. There was no point in staying outside, and it had been a few years since they talked, at least face to face. When May left Robin suddenly stopped showing up, while she had a reason too, she didn’t want to go without her friend, but now they are all adults, it’s ridiculous for her to continue to behave like a child. “You explain if you want to, I’m not going to force it out of you.” She spoke as she walked to the front door and waited for Jamie, keeping the door open for the young man to enter.

Once she stepped her foot inside, she could sense eight eyes on her, the two little ghosts that were quietly looking at the front door with their heads sticking out of the living room door, and the dogs, laying on the hallway, watching Robin and Jamie. “We have a welcoming committee I see.” she closed the door once everyone was inside and suddenly two ghosts surrounded Jamie, looking up at him with their curious eyes. “Well you already know them, and I guess they … missed you.” She let out a chuckle and walked into the kitchen, hoping that Jamie would follow her, and that the twins would just leave the poor boy alone.

“What do you want? Water? Tea? Hot chocolate? I have a lot of things…” she sat on a kitchen bench hoping that Jamie would do the same, it’s been a while since they talked, perhaps that was a good time to catch up.

Explaining himself was the least Jamie could do, even if his friend didn't see his intrusion upon her property as a threat. It wasn't as if he intended for that to happen again, regardless - at least, unannounced. He figured he should probably try and visit Robin more often - with her being so nice to him, coupled with the fact he had more of an excuse to show up around those parts those days, it would be foolish of him not to.

"Thanks." He nodded in acknowledgement as she held the door for him, stepping through and later holding it open for her once inside of the house, letting her close it once she was past the threshold as well. Just as she spoke the young Seeker looked instinctively towards the glances - namely, the ghosts' - and his face broke into a grin in greeting. A blast from the past! He couldn't help be friendly to the both of them, and a lone wave followed his verbal greeting. "Long time no see."

Skipping past them so to follow the host, he too walked into the kitchen. "Some water would be fine, thanks... Feeling a bit draining after all the running I just did." He couldn't help joke about his own predicament. He technically got himself into it after all, and he knew when to laugh at himself.

"How have you been?" He decided to make conversation, albeit with genuine interest. He regretted the fact he had let both drift apart and he needed to start somewhere to fix it.

The twins were happy to see a friendly face, but Robin’s wish didn’t last long as they both came running and surrounded Jamie for a few seconds, ever after he had gotten into the kitchen. If Robin could hear she couldn’t have to constantly stare at Jamie, waiting for him to speak so she could understand. The staring only made the burning sensation worse, it was like she was back at Tally, and now she didn’t have May to cover for her.

When he replied, two glasses levitated from the cabinet and got filled with water, levitating now in front of Robin and Jamie before setting on the counter. The ghost disappeared after their entrance, hopping around, happy for the visitor. Robin was alone again with Jamie. She looked at her water before looking at him, there was not escaping that, she had to stare like she was staring into his soul. “I’ve been alright.” Her lips curled a little bit before she drove her glass to her lips to take a sip of the liquid inside the glass.

“How about you?” previously she had lost all interest in those she had known in Tally, except for May who was and continues to be one of her closest friends, one of her only friends, Robin was never too good at keeping in touch. “A little bird told me that you want to move back to Narrie. Have you started looking already?” she did have an interest in knowing if Jamie was moving back to Narrie, not only because everything started coming back but also because if he moved back in, they could keep in touch more often.

"Thank you." Jamie spoke as he took a hold of the glass of water, sipping the liquid briefly. It felt quite refreshing given the recent strain put on his body, even if he was alright. He watched as the ghosts left, and once the pair was left alone, he leaned back on a counter while crossing his free arm under his chest and ingesting more of the water given to him.

"Well... Y'know. Busy. Training never ends." He let out a chuckle. 'Training' in itself was the least bothersome part of it all - it was the constant show he had to put on that took its toll. If Jamie could he'd shred that contract to bits, but the well being of his family came first. He had to honor his commitment.

"I see you read my sister's complaints too." He let a smile stretch out his lips at the little joke. Alex was, indeed, the most affected by it all; but perhaps it was time she grew up and realized that, just because he and Cole were two hours away, it didn't mean they were leaving her behind. And, last case scenario, she still had Shane to turn to. He had to figure out a way to set those two up. Perhaps Robin could help?

"I've put that idea up in the air, yeah." He nodded curtly before continuing. "I haven't actually started looking though. I was thinking about it a few months ago, but, today I had to help Cole move back into the area and I thought 'why not'. Most people I know and care about are here, and we're wizards. It's not like transportation is that big of a deal to begin with." It was to Jamie, as he wasn't permitted to Apparate to begin with, but he could always hitch a ride from a loved one if he needed it so.

"Why? You know of any good place for me to check out around here?"

She proceeded to pay attention to the young man and didn’t ask too many questions, she knew he used to be a quidditch player, maybe he still is? She never paid too much attention to that glorified game of fetch on brooms, it wasn’t something she was particularly interested in, and she only used to watch the games because of one specific person, it’s not even worth it anymore. A faint tingling sensation continued to annoy her, she shrugged it off as she took a sip of water from her glass, putting it back down on the counter before her eyes got fixated on Jamie once more.

“I did.” She chuckled. For what she could gather his sister wasn’t too happy about the move. Robin liked Narrie, but Melbourne was also a great place to live, while more expensive than the quiet town she lived in, it had its perks. Robin smiled at him, paying attention to the rest of the conversation. “Melbourne has nothing on Narrie. I have never lived there but it’s different. Melbourne is busier, has lots of stores and people, but it has no personality.” She probably sounded like a lunatic talking the way she was talking, but as someone with a fae heritage, living in a place with so few green spots, was uncomfortable for her.

His last question caught her off guard, did she know about a good place? She knew plenty and as selfish as it looked, she could use it to her advantage. “Well, the lady across the street should be moving out soon.” She looked at Jamie, wondering if it would be his sort of thing. The property was decent, the house apparently was decent as well, perhaps a bit big for someone to move in alone. “There’s another, two houses down. Its smaller but it’s also newer. Then you can find a lot near the park, small houses are a bit hard to find if that’s what you’re looking for.”

Robin drank a bit more water, her throat was getting dry, or maybe her body was trying to remind her how nervous she was. “I can show you around, if you want.”

Jamie nodded in agreement. He'd lived in Melbourne for a little over four years at that point, and had lived there prior to moving to Narragyambie when he was a tween. He never felt quite at home - it was too noisy, too erratic, too impersonal. Narragyambie was the opposite: he didn't mind having fewer amenities in exchange for a cozier feel, and to be closer to the vast majority of his family. It was a shame Alex didn't think that way, but given her career choice, it would be somewhat rough on her to live in that town; unless she freelanced and worked from home, of course, something he was unable to convince her to do on his own dime.

"Really?" His eyes widened mildly with surprise. That was really convenient! It was a good area, even if it wasn't exactly where his family lived, but he was never against walking a bit to reach his destination. "I don't mind waiting on that lady. She'll list it to sell? When do you think that'll happen?"

It was perhaps for the best - Jamie wanted a family home. To settle down with a family was his goal down the line and it didn't make much sense for someone like him to purchase a small house, even if he could afford multiple properties; if anything, it would give him an excuse to work on the house itself over time as a hobby.

"I'll take the tour."

She wasn’t expecting much after mentioning what houses were available on her street but was taken by surprised when he genuinely seemed interested. She moved the glass to her lips to take another drink, finishing up and stared at Jamie for while before. “I don’t know, probably. I can ask her.” Robin shrugged, trying not to sound too excited to have someone she knew move to a house across hers, especially someone like Jamie. She had to stop behaving like a teen, it had been a long time ago, since then she had moved on, she couldn’t understand why all that nervousness was coming back, poking at her, making fun of her.

“The move will probably happen sometime by the end of the month I assume, or at least when there will be time to view and assess the house and it’s condition.” Robin didn’t know much about selling or buying houses, she knew very little unlike her mother who was always on top of all that, almost like the older fae was interested in buying or selling houses.

The glass levitated towards the sink, where is rested. Robin watched it carefully, she didn’t use magic on a regular basis, except for pranks or for cooking, which was rare. “You’ll like the street, it’s calm and people are usually friendly. You have a lot of muggles, but you can probably tell who isn’t.” Robin enjoyed interacting with muggles, from afar, playing with them, she couldn’t let her magical abilities get rusty.

“Do you want to go today or another day? I mean…I’m pretty much free for the day, I don’t really have a schedule.”

Living near a friend was sounding like a better idea the more Jamie thought about it. While it had been through mutual neglect, his friendship with Robin had taken a lengthy break, something which he deeply regretted; and if there was anyone he'd have to re-approach when coming back to town, it would be her. He was close to his family members still and hit it off again with Olivia the moment she had arrived, leaving the Fae as the only person he's shirked contacting, much to his own personal shame.

Jamie nodded as the redhead spoke, ingesting the information as it came - as well as the rest of the water, setting down the cup on a nearby surface once he was finished with it. The end of July was just around the corner, which meant he'd be able to look into things in August. It wasn't like he'd have to wait for longer than he had already put the task off for, so the idea didn't bother him in the least.

"The more Muggles the better, honestly." Jamie admitted with a wry smile. Muggles didn't know what Quidditch was; Muggles wouldn't hound him for his attention, autographs or anything else. It was odd that, for as much as he related to the wizarding world, the Muggle realm was ultimately his shelter - did he have his sister to blame for it?

"I think I'm free now... For the most part at least. My personal chauffer-slash-Apparator should be available later, I think." If his mother wasn't available, he could always ask his uncle or his aunt. Last case scenario, he could double back to Cole's. "So, I'm up for it, really. If it's not too much of a pain." An embarrassed laugh escaped him. Much like Alex (but perhaps less so) he didn't like imposing on people, and being in Robin's house as it was felt like a massive dent to that principle to begin with.

She hadn’t considered that Jamie would like to live among muggles, many wizards didn’t, they wouldn’t have the same freedom that they would have in a neighbourhood where most of the residents were wizards. She personally didn’t mind, she enjoyed living among the muggles, watching them go to their little busy lives, in their world without magic, and if he didn’t mind, who was her to tell him otherwise? She actually liked the idea of having him live across the street, sure a teenage fantasy that somehow wouldn’t go away, but would it be that ludicrous to think that it would be something impossible? She simply smiled at him, acknowledging his preference about the neighbourhood.

“If you’re free then let’s do it.” she was a bit confused to why Jamie would need someone to apparate him, he could simply just do it, or he never really got his licence, that was also a thing that she had forgotten that existed. “I can do it. You know that, right?” she reminded him that even if he didn’t have anyone to apparate him she could just do it herself, it wouldn’t cost her too much time and it was always nice to help a friend. “And, it’s not a pain. I make my own schedule and today I wasn’t planning on working either way.”

She got up from the chair and moved all the empty glasses to the empty sink. She quickly used magic to wash them before turning her attention towards Jamie, she couldn’t miss what he was saying or it would turn into a really awkward conversation.

Jamie tactfully waited for Robin to be done washing the dishes and turn around before he spoke up again - otherwise, she wouldn't have deciphered a word that he'd say due to her unfortunate affliction. "You can, but, you don't know where I live. I don't want to end up halfway across town and need transport anyway." He chuckled awkwardly, though he quickly realized how that could be taken the wrong way. "Ah, no offense. I just don't have a picture of the place on me to help either."

He leaned back on the counter, sticking his thumbs in his pants' pockets and splaying his hands against the fabric. His fingers drummed up an asynchronous rhythm as the conversation picked up between the two. "I don't know if you wanna do that now, or later. I'd say later, but, it gets dark early now, so, maybe not."

He felt like he owed Robin for going out of her way and help him out with a house - scrambling for ways with which to repay the kindness, he quickly added to his statement. "Oh, what about this? We go now, and then I'll grab you dinner somewhere to make up for it. How's that sound? You'll have to tell me of any good place around here though, my memory's kinda fuzzy." He could name plenty of restaurants he had gone to in Melbourne with his Quidditch pals; unfortunately, they weren't as keen to hang out in a 'backwater town', as some put it.

Jamie was right, Robin had no idea where he lived, while she knew Narrie like that back of her hand, she assumed he was talking about Melbourne and not about where he used to live in Narrie. She dried her hands and watched him. She shook her hands, reassuring him she hadn’t taken it as something offensive, it just made sense what he had said, she also didn’t feel like apparating to a random place in Melbourne. It wasn’t going to be pleasant.

“Whenever you want.” Robin’s lack of schedule was perfect for it, she didn’t need to worry about work hours as long as she did what she was supposed to do.

His proposal sounded interesting, but wouldn’t that just eat a lot of his time? Regardless, it only meant that she could spend a bit more time with him. “Sounds good, only if next time it’s on me.” A grin showed on her face. “I happen to know this quiet little place in town.” She moved to the hallway to get her coat. They were ready to start their small adventure through the neighbourhood.