Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
August, 2019 :: Winter
Sign in to follow this  

Narragyambie ☆ Doctor/Healer, Investor, Non-human Support Networker★ LilyCat
250 year old Pureblood Veela ☆ She/Her

As the woman lifted the glass of wine to her lips, her fingers played with the piece of paper she had just read, and which caused a fire to burn within her gaze. It was not something she wanted to deal with it, but was something she had dealt with ever since Gemini was still in school, not long after she had moved to Australia. Something that Sibylla dealt with personally, not wanting the younger woman to have to weather the stress from such a conflict. Curtis Dean had ever been a persistent one, however, and he and Sibylla had clashed a number of times over the past years, though he had gone quiet for a time after Franklin had been believed deceased. She wondered how much he had known... whether he was perhaps behind what had occurred back then.

It mattered not. What did matter was that he was attempting to force his hand once again, though this time it wasn't over his son or his son's decisions on what he wanted, but it was over the granddaughter that he didn't even know. The girl that he had not once contacted, though perhaps that was in part due to the legal threats that Sibylla had made back then. She would not let him touch her granddaughter, or great-granddaughter, or any others that were hers. The legal letter was something she would have to deal with, hopefully without it getting to a point where Gemini or Gabby would be dragged into it.

In that case, it might befall Gem to try and reason with the man who was on the birth certificate of her daughter, in relinquishing any kind of guardianship to someone else. But that could even cause more grief, having to appeal to him. Sib somehow doubted they would get any contact via long-distance. Placing the letter back into the envelope, she issued a heavy sigh before finishing her glass and tapping the bar to order another. For now, she would have to find another way to relieve her own tension, though had a feeling her evening would end up as it usually did, back home and worrying about something else to take her mind off things. Or taking care of her tension herself. Either were probably better options than any of the leering men who were here for their after work drinks because they had nothing else to go home to.

Melbourne ☆ Gentleman Thief/Philanthropist✩ Kaitore
243 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ HE/HIM

The last few months for him had been one of revelation, a mixture of sadness and happiness. It'd only been a chance meeting but uncovering that he had started a familial line on his own, accidentally at that, left a feeling of trying to improve the world. Albeit he still felt far distant from the one who could be claimed as his Granddaughter and even further on the idea that he'd been absent and so self focused that he missed out on a chance to turn his actual daughter's life towards true harmony before her end had been met, never realizing her potential as one of The Peoples. Many thoughts wreathed in his mind especially after having to forcibly rouse the Fae blood in the young woman, something about the oddity of it still left much for his mind to ponder on the 'why'. 

While he hadn't expected to run into anyone within the establishment that he knew, it seemed chance or fate held otherwise. The flowing blonde locks and deep hormonal charisma that seemed to pulse enough in the air that it still managed to catch the eyes of those that held wanting and longing gazes upon the woman. He, however, found himself not as enthralled though it had equally as much to do of his awareness of her nature as it did with his own. Dressed and pressed into a glamour of his human disguise from head to toe, even his very eyes had been hidden entirely from sight that would give him away. 

"I'll take a Ginger beer. And I'll pay for the lady's tab." This had been when his drew his eyes and attention towards Sibylla and sat next to her, an ever present and winning smile stretching across his face. "Now, if I didn't know any better, Miss. Townsend. . . I'd say your unique 'sixth sense' foresaw me coming here and you just had to wait for me." He offered a playful chuckle, turning his attention fully towards the woman. It'd been some time since he'd been able to see her, not since the benefit that they'd pieced together that had been a rousing success not only towards the community they'd managed to meet but also empowering resources for them to tap into as well. 

"Though you also look as if you've been through the ringer of sorts, something on your mind?" His gaze scanned her in an appraisal check, there didn't seem to be any wounds nor marks or bruises. The imbalance within the atmosphere, a sense of disharmony or unrest still managed to linger. "How can I help out? I promise, no deals." He could forgo the usual Fae manipulations for someone he could consider a colleague.

The seal on the envelope which bore the name of the name who had earned her ire over the years stared at her while she sipped her drink, before she finally just slipped the offending article into her handbag. Out of sight, out of mind... at least for a brief moment or two. It was still linger in the back of her thoughts though. She was going to have to play chess once again, and this time she would have to make sure there was no coming back for the man after the many things he'd done in the past to offend her family. She rolled her head around a little, stretching out her neck, and while it was not intended to look like an enticing movement, it surely did to those watching. For in this mood the beast in her made her all the more dangerous and alluring both. The shine in her hair more noticeable, the blue of her eyes more intense, her lips full and plump, curves tight within her dress.

A dangerous goddess sat idling at the bar with her drink.

And of course, who should approach her but a very cheeky and confident Fae who she had almost swayed once before many years ago, and had shared teasing words with a few times since. At his presence, she turned her gaze toward him slightly, a small smirk tugging at those red lips as the dangerous glint in her eyes set itself upon him for a moment. Though, she soon relaxed and closed her eyes as she forced the inner demon of hers to calm down, before taking another sip of her drink and then looking to him again.

"Perhaps that is so... or maybe you already sensed me here and couldn't pass up an opportunity to gaze upon me or exchange a few light flirtatious words. I could hardly blame you, since I appear to be exuding a rather strong aura this evening. I should probably get a rein on that," The woman mused quietly, her voice like velvet as it traveled on the air. A siren in truth, though she soon cleared her throat, seemingly aware that she was not harnessing herself in as well as she should be, "That, or I will have to find somewhere more private to indulge myself a few drinks, before I end up swarmed or something." She offered a quiet half chuckle, though his question of her caused her expression to sober slightly.

"Matters of family. Of rivals past... one man in particular who has a place of power, and the potential trouble he could cause for my granddaughter and her daughter. It's not my first battle with him, but I would like for it to be my last. Toppling a giant must be done in a particular way, however, so not to gain too much public attention toward myself," Sibylla mused softly with a quiet sigh, before then shaking her head and offering a light smile toward the man, "You don't have to worry yourself with my troubles though. How are you faring, hm? Been keeping busy, I assume?"

The envelope caught his eye but seemed to have caught her ire. A silent contemplating stuck within him but he opted to not push what could anger the woman, not in a place filled with people. While he'd no doubt that she could contain herself it was the kind of risk he knew, personally, couldn't be taken so lightly. As if to offer a sense of defense his hand curled under the stool he sat on and scooted in closer towards her, almost as if they were conspiring lovers meeting at a dank bar for the thrill of the atmosphere that it could offer. 

"Oh, that's a good one. You hold my capabilities in high regard to pull such a feat off. You do seem to have a captivating presence about you." The tips of his fingers danced along the spout of the bottle of Ginger beer before picking it up and taking a conservative sip. There'd been a sensation in the burn and the taste of amplified ginger. "You need not hold yourself back, Sibylla." He spoke in an oddly candid fashion, a rare treat in itself as elusiveness had been his bread and butter of survial. While he understood her reasons of keeping herself tempered, in his mind, he was no sapling. And it wouldn't have been the first time they found themselves in a situation where such a pull had been used before - the only difference being he was full aware of it. "Swarmed is such an offensive term to bees." He grinned towards her and his head tilted towards the side. "Flocked might be far more accurate."

A gentle hum virbated from his throat and his head nodded in a smooth motion, showing a wealth of understanding for the general term of 'Matters of Family'. "I can understand that, far better within the last few months, truthfully." His gaze narrowed away from the woman, a stray thought on his grandchild surfaced before giving the blonde woman his attention at full once more. "Power, always some poor sod that tries to wield it. Like a sword or compensation for what they lack within their pants." In his years he'd seen a myriad of uses of 'Power' from the Fae Courts to the fledling Human race. His hand raised up and pressed on hers lightly. "Why wouldn't I worry about your troubles?

Her own question prompted Vale to chuckle with a somewhat amused yet awkward smile. "Busy is one way to describe it. . . It seems my past indiscreations have caught up to me. In your youth you never really see the larger picture, even amongst the Fae. That often takes. . . Years." How long had it been for some of the Ancient beings to see plans within plans? Plots within plots? To become manipulative and distant to the things they've a hand in? "But much I've missed out on, much I've to make up for, lack of knowing doesn't seem apt enough reason for me to not take up the responsibility on the fact I hadn't been farseeing to the potential future of others."

The closer presence seemed to draw a small smile from the woman's lips for a brief moment before she took another sip of her drink, wondering if he truly knew what he would end up getting himself into if he wasn't cautious at the moment. It was clear that the Veela nature was bubbling near the surface. Not quite there yet, but close enough to be dangerous in any number of ways, as it wasn't as though she hadn't held a sway over him before, though his confirmation of her 'presence' only made it more obvious that he perhaps was aware. That was almost even more dangerous, as though inviting it. And then he did verbally invite it, and a chuckle fell from her lips.

"Now, what has you so candid and brazen so as to invite one such as I to not hold myself back?" Came the quiet question upon a velvety voice once again, "I am far stronger than the young girl who had you in her sights many years ago." Her smile reached her eyes as she glanced in his direction, glass hanging from her fingers a moment as she swayed it, almost as though deliberating, before then taking a firmer hold of the crystal and sipping the contents within. Though his next words caused a small chuckle to drift from her lips, the sound as alluring as her aura and appearance, "Ah, but flocked is an offensive term to birds. So who do you side with? The birds or the bees?" She grinned lightly at the man as she tilted her head, glossy blonde hair falling to the side and exposing her shoulder and side of her neck in a tempting manner. At least until the subjects fell to more serious business.

"Mmn, this one has been a particular thorn in my Gemini's side ever since she first started seeing the father of her daughter. I did scare him off a long time ago, but it appears time and media has made him more confident again," Sibylla sighed softly, however the simple touch to her hand sparked a current of warmth between them, which caused her eyes to close for a brief moment, before she regarded the man once again, "More that I would have thought you had bigger things to concern yourself with than the personal troubles of a colleague." She said softly, no offense clearly meant in her words.

The man's words on how his life had been recently, however, caught her attention somewhat, and reminded her of her own past catching up with her a long time back. It appeared his seemed to have just done so, and he was beginning to realise the things that she had begun to years ago. Even ageless as they were, they were not immune to the responsibilities that will eventually come looking for them.

"I see," A gentle smile touched her lips in contrast to her near haunting allure at the moment, or perhaps even adding to it in a mysterious way. "I thought there was something a little different about you. But I can certainly understand. The best you can do is be there as much as possible, not in an overwhelming way, but simply in the way where they know that should they need you, then all they need do is ask and you will be there." It was clear that he wanted to be a part of what she already read in his voice was the situation of family which he had not been aware of, and her hand clasped gently at his own, "And if you need someone to talk with while you adjust to the new reality in your life, I am more than happy to offer what I can."

The smile hadn't been unnoticed, a small smirk touched his lips. He'd never been one to shy away from the dance of danger, after all, it'd been involved with the occupation that he chose in life. What he'd been doing for more years than most species could live, the kind of objects he held and maintained were artifacts often of great power and consequence that could unravel everything he'd walked towards within an instance. Still, part of the reason had always been the thrill of the chase, the thrill of the danger. 

"I would say that we are both far more capable and experienced from the years, no? Besides, the glint your eyes tells me you don't want to hold back." An almost cheeky smirk curved on his lips. "At least not with me you don't." At this point he'd been shooting in the dark with a guess, the subtle hint of her smile when he drew closer. The fact that she'd been trying to contain herself from the other patrons, not only to avoid getting swarmed but he imagined equally as much that they hadn't been very pleasing to her sights or desires. It had been an interesting situation to be within, the hormonal lore of a Veela and the ever entrapping gaze of a Fae, his eyes settled upon hers. "Mmm... I have to say I'm quite fond of birds." His own voice holding an intentional allure though less influenced by any aura of presence, his gaze narrowing towards her more with the insinuation of his words. 

He had intended to go further, perhaps even a bit more physical not from the pull of the temptation but rather the pull of the thrill that he could've been playing right into her hands as much as she'd been playing into his own. At least until the heaviness of the subject granted a new wave of attention. 

For a moment his brow furrowed, the intrigue of the warmth that flowed between both of their hands had been a unique pulse of a fiery presence. It wasn't unpleasant, unique and unknown but it held a form of pull that caused his fingers to wrap just a bit more around her hand. "Okay, so maybe you're a bit more than colleague. And you know what they say about my people. . . We're a bit more curious than we often should be about things." His lips curved into a smile towards her, attempting to turn and often negative trait into a positive one within the current moment. 

Vale chuckled lightly, he wasn't sure if her alluring features had been a manner of intention, habit of the moment or a hint of both rolled into one. "Of course, I've long offered that to them. It seemed I miss the life of not only a daughter but two grandchildren that had passed." A solemn hum resonated from him, he couldn't comment on how most of his kind handled the whims of death in general but for himself it'd often held a hardier weight due to the past that clung in his mind like a disease. Before it could corrode over and sour his mode, Sibylla's gentle grasp pulled him back to the surface of the present and his gaze focused on hers. "You know, if you wanted to see me more personally you always could ask." He smiled lightly though there'd been a clear gratefulness within the expression. "Thank you for the offer."

He took in a strong course of air. "It's a new kind of experience for me. Something that is very clouded and uncertain. Uneasy."

"Indeed we are," Sibylla mused quietly, though his observation caused a husky chuckle to be breathed from between her lips, "Perhaps I don't want to. I hold back far more than any of my kind ever like... and I at least know there's less risk of breaking one such as yourself." A gentle huff of amusement breathed out, "I daresay you've been curious of what you might have missed out on way back in our youth anyways." The light smile turned into a small smirk as she ran her finger along the rim of her glass, before then licking off the red wine stain from the tip. She switched her position as she uncrossed her legs, only to cross them the other way as she turned on her stool more in his direction, and took another sip of her drink as she watched his gaze with his words, her tongue briefly scraping her bottom lip as she set the glass back down, "All birds?" She asked curiously, before a small devious smile tugged at her lips and she offered a brief flicker of a wink.

Perhaps they were saved by the heavier subject, or perhaps it was only holding off on the inevitable, but nonetheless she had been asked, and had as such at least honoured the show of concern by answering the questions, explaining in light the kind of situation that she was going to be dealing with in the near future. It was not going to be easy, and could get messy, but she wasn't going to let anyone harm hers if she could help it. His words caused her head to tilt slightly though, a small smile curving her lips.

"A bit more than a colleague? Oh my, you'll start having me think that you intend for something a bit less professional soon," The woman teased gently with a soft chuckle, still wondering if he truly had any idea what he could be getting himself into by just flirting with the idea alone. She sobered easily enough at the talk of his family, however. She understood very well what change something new could bring to one's life, and had no doubt that it had rocked his boat somewhat. "I'm sorry to hear about the missed opportunities, but they are something you can at least try to make up for with later generations, even if it takes a while for them to accept it, or if they have trouble understanding the natures of older ones like us at first..." She offered a small reassuring smile as she offered his hand a gentle squeeze.

"Well, maybe I'm waiting for you to ask to see me more personally," Sibylla chuckled softly, before then nodding to him, and then rubbing the back of his hand with her thumb, "New experiences, especially at our age, tend to do that. I still remember the first time I truly felt love for someone... it scared the life out of me." She smirked at herself before huffing another quiet laugh, "But you will adjust with it. And as I said... if you need someone, you know where to find me."

"Oh, I don't break. We're far more resilient than most give us credit for." He gave a cheeky yet challenging smile, while he couldn't boast of the same strength the woman held he at least knew endurance had been on his side when in the right and proper conditions. "You almost sound as if you're -not- curious. Which I find hard to believe with the way you leer at me. Though I don't mind, leer and enjoy. Just remember. . ." In a conspiratorial way he leaned in, lips pressed just close enough to her ear so that she could feel heat radiating from his lips. "This is merely only a glamour to the wonderful sight you could see later. . ." There'd only been a few names that could attest to his non-glamoured image. In truth, it made him wonder if that would be a tipping temptation for the woman to wonder about. A grin formed on his lips, eyes scanning her from head to toe and then trailing back to stare into her eyes. "All birds.

A shift in subject most likely wouldn't stop what had just been built up, holding it off temporarily - but how 'temporary' was it really? The tit-for-tat cheeky game they held had been far different than their initial meeting years ago, ironically, it felt far more volatile. As if there'd been a fire resting within a pit, just waiting for the proper kindling to roar into a blaze that wouldn't be quelled by any easy means except wherever it would've ended up. 

"Here I thought we were already less professional. When stories start with, 'We almost ended up in one another's bed' not much can be gleamed of true professionalism after." A snicker rumbled out from him as his head tilted to the side while he studied her far more opened position that had shifted to him. It spoke volumes on either her comfortability or perhaps more so on that pure desire that withheld on the inside, threatening to burst out and enrapture those that stood watch. "That was my state of belief as well, they wouldn't live even close to the age I can. With that in mind, knowing what I've set in motion, is it not my duty to care for my kin? Capricious and often manipulative nature as my people can be one thing I believe most beings hold in common is the importance of family." Not all of his kind or any kind could say that every single person viewed it as such.

While her thumb traced and smoothed over the top of his head, his own shifted in the same motion along the side of her hand and wrist. "I've never felt love, I couldn't truly comment on the flow or feeling of it." He was incapable but rather he never gave himself enough time. It'd been dangerous for those of longevity to fall for when they fell it'd been as if the Earth itself quaked, it could be sweet and loving or brutal and destructive. "Of course I would know where you find you, at my table during breakfast." He offered a cheeky smirk, scooting the stool closer while his unoccupied hand raised up to touch the side of Sibylla's cheek in a gentle caress, almost as if the wind itself offered a cooling and calming breeze in contrast to the heated blaze. "And what if I do want to see you more personally?

"I know you're very resilient," Sibylla laughed gently as she grinned lightly in return at him, taking another sip of her drink before setting it down while a thoughtful hum sounded from her, her expression contemplative, "Perhaps. I mean, why wouldn't I be a little curious at least? Though leering is such a terrible word to use instead of 'admiring'." She tutted softly at him, though another soft chortle escaped her soon enough before her brows rose at the answer of liking 'all birds'. "And here I thought I was special," The blonde pouted prettily at him, before then lifting her glass for another sip of her wine. She allowed that sentence to sit with the change in conversation, though knew it was just as likely to continue stirring the pyre slightly while they spoke on more personal topics, though it seemed their game was still destined to continue even between the other subjects.

"Doesn't everyone have their little stories of their youth, though?" The woman queried with amusement in her features, "Even if those stories are akin to admitting that one almost took advantage of the other?" She laughed softly and lifted a hand to pull her hair all to one side, brushing her fingers through it gently for a moment before picking her glass back up as she tilted her head to one side, the exposed side of her neck showing perfectly unblemished fair skin. She listened to his thoughts on his family and responsibility toward them, and a gentle smile tugged at her features toward him.

"Many long-lived peoples, whether they choose to acknowledge it or not, still feel that instinct to protect and guide that which is theirs. Blood kin, or those they have adopted into their family, there is an importance in watching over one's lineage that goes back far past the memories of man," Sibylla murmured softly in agreement with him, "Some choose to ignore it, but it still haunts them in the end, simply having the knowledge that their blood exists in the world somewhere." She offered another gentle smile as their fingers seemed to play against one another's hands. Just the touch itself nice in it's own simplistic fashion.

"Well, you've still many years ahead of you yet, you may experience it one day," The blonde offered a soft chuckle and nod of her head, "It is a blessing to experience, but also a curse if the one you experience it with is a mortal. Their lives are too fleeting not to feel the sharp sting when they age and wither before your eyes." She closed her eyes for a moment, allowing a memory to pass by so that she can return to the present with a gentle and easy smile at the man's brazen answer to where he could find her. A chuckle was breathed softly from her lips and she tilted her head at him "Is that so?" She asked softly, before a brow then rose as he appeared to actually admit plainly that he wanted to see her on a more personal level. As much as their played with their words, it was rare for one, especially of the Fae, to simply admit to the idea that they did have intentions, "Do you?" She asked softly as she set her glass down, her gaze shifting toward the hand which brushed against her cheek, "If so, then who am I to deny such a forward admission?"

"Someone has been looking and examining very closely. . . As I would expect of a doctor." Vale had to admit he wouldn't have minded if she'd given him a 'full body' examination. Though perhaps that had been as much of his curiosity talking as it had been the hormones that fueled the air between the two of them? "Oh, Admiring. That does hold a far more sophisticated ring to it, doesn't it? We could also always call it a proper appraisal." He snickered with a charming smirk curving at his lips which had only been followed by a held laughter that huffed passed his nostrils. Perhaps he should've expounded further on what he encompassed as 'All Birds', even so the subject hadn't allowed for him to carry on that particular stance in time. 

"Your words speak of wisdom and truth. Everyone must go through the trials and reigns of youth." His shoulders flowed into a lifted shrug. "But to the long-lived we are still but in the very early sparks of our youthfulness." While they held the years of experience under their belts, to the point of seeing a few ages and shifts of cultures and societies at that - he imagined they both would be viewed as still learning saplings to the far older elders of their respective people. "The real question that will always linger in your mind will be who had been taking advantage of whom." His own laughter slithered out, in his mind it'd been him taking the advantage. Though he also knew the reason -why- he had gravitated towards her. 

The feeling of enjoyment from their embraced hands had been a mutual stance for him. There'd been a unique enthrallment that he'd never quite felt before, an attraction built on fully genuine interest rather than a means to get to a target for him. A strange feeling that piqued his ever so whimsical curiosity to explore further. "I'd have to say that you're most likely right on that. At least for the majority of them that hold an actual conscious. It makes you realize how easily we can fall into arrogance and distance, believing that the quickened harbor no major consequence for us. Not until an action causes a domino effect that captures you in an unlikely way." In the past he'd sought to run away from all responsibility, what had been left behind had simply been that - no more no less. It hadn't been out of maliciousness, no whim of good or evil. However, he understood the loss of Kin and desired to not make the same mistakes twice. 

"Nature willing for those many years of experience." He offered a firm smile towards her. His expression shifted to one of empathy, his hand stroking even slowly along her cheek even after the forthwith answer that he'd given her. "You don't seem to be against the idea, so I would say it's so." There'd been a certain confidence that hinted she'd been equally attracted to him, or at the very least, attracted enough to humor his playful words. "That you don't deny speaks volumes, you know. . ." Vale's face leaned in slightly though part of him couldn't fully resist that mischievous nature that hid deep within all of his people, as if to tempt the beast within his teeth nipped just at the edge of her lower lip. 

"Always on the job, I cannot have incorrigible colleagues falling unwell and my not having even noticed. Though, to be fair, there are few ailments that would truly be of concern to you. Maybe pining for some pretty thing that took your fancy," Sibylla grins as she teases, chuckling lightly and offering another nod, "Ooh, appraisal. See, that works even better still." A mischievous smile followed by a couple of gentle nods to his following comments on those of the long-lived, "We really are children in comparison to some. It's rare to find one of the truly ancient people around, but you know when you see them. To the short-lived they might pass as ordinary, but I still find myself humbled when I run into an Elder of any species." A mild smirk and half chuckle falls from her lips, "People remark on my knowledge, but even I can be reminded that I still have so much more to yet learn and experience." Her lips formed a smirk, however, as she tilted her head at him.

"I dare say it was a little bit of both," The Veela murmured in regard to who was more likely to take advantage in their younger days when they had met. They had both been working, though she had momentarily distracted him from his job, before she then had to distract another. Of course, that was a lifetime ago as well, and such things were only ever for the imagination to wonder upon in leisure, rather than get wrapped up in. Even without the flirtations though, the contact, simple and innocent as it was between their hands, was a welcome feeling. It also said more than witty words or more outrageous displays. There was an intimacy in such a touch, a private shared thing. "Some use their distance as a shield," Sibylla murmured softly, "Protecting themselves from the reality of the effect that the short-lived hold on our lives whether we are actively involved in their dealings or not. But such a way leads to ignorance and lack of responsibility for the world that they still share with those they try to remain apart from. It's why I never shied away from living among mortals. They showed me how to care, the importance of every day and moment," She murmurs softly, a fond smile on her lips.

"Well, of course the first step to that experience is opening yourself to it," The blonde laughed softly with a small smirk toward him, though her gaze was appreciative of the comfort he offered silently for the pain she had spoken of. It was the risk of allowing those with a shorter lifespan into one's life. Even her descendants, she would have to watch them age gradually. It made everything she did with and for them all the more important. "Were you expecting me to be against the idea?" Sibylla asked coyly of the man, lips tugging into a small smirk as he leaned in, though the nip at her lip drew her gaze into a narrowed look as she chuckled, a dangerous glint in the bright blue hues.

"Oh, you are playing a dangerous game there," The woman murmured quietly, before plucking up her handbag from the bar, "Well, didn't you say something about breakfast at yours? Or was that just talk?"

"I do seem to have an affliction, though oddly enough it has only recently started to flare up again." A coy grin formed on his face, eyes scanning the woman once more from head to toe as if to offer a hint to his 'Pretty thing' that had afflicted his fancy. "As long as we're both under the  agreement there is a mutual appraising going on." His smile matched her own in mischievous nature for a moment before receding as the conversation moved on. "They do tend to draw a sense of awe, don't they? Not so much the length of time but managing to trudge on and still keep a semblance of sanity seeing the trials of various eras and ages. Of course, with time does often come with being far more jaded too." Or in the case of a few of his own Kin, far more manipulative and dangerous than people would give them credit.  "Experience never truly ends, as they say. In a world that has existed as long as it has there will always be something to uncover and discover." He chuckled smoothly. 

"That is quite the dare. But. . . I can't fully refute it." The fact they'd both been a distraction to one another at that point in their life held a unique amusement as it did a fondness for the man. It also spoke volumes that they found themselves in the same position, years later. Wizened and far more prepared and aware of each other than they had in the past. While he had never before offered tender touches, he'd been quite accustomed to them when he ensorcelled someone enough that their attention had been solely focused on him for his plans in the past. Even in the not-so-distant past, yet, he found himself offering the same innocent strokes he received. The touch alone showed the mutual interest that their honeyed words could only obscure, at least from his personal perception. "You've a point, I suppose I am the oddity that I am due to the amount of time I spent amongst them than most of my people.

If he hadn't made the mistake he did with his court, how would he have ended up? Certainly not sitting across from the alluring beauty whose essence had been exuding in an almost cosmic way. Even her smile in an innocent fashion seemed far more attractive than it should've, at this point he hadn't been sure if it were her hormones influencing him or a natural disposition that had already been present between the two of them. The choice of either or even both of them working in tandem intrigued him to dangerous levels. 

"Ever think I'm starting to open myself up a bit to the experience of it?" His eyes lifted up to lock onto hers, an odd shine within them as he dropped the glamour that kept the tri-colored hues from sight. Revealing just a bit of himself for only her view; A coloration of: Teal, Turqoise and then a very cool blue on the larger outer ring of his eyes. Though he had never been in the position before to consider the loss of the short-lived he found himself in it now, deciding to stay and experience that pain instead of running from it and the potentially good and fond memories. "Oh, no. I was expecting you to be all for it. Else I would've teased you about cold feet." He grinned, the idea of a Veela having 'cold feet' held a hilarity due to their affinity with the flames. He noticed the twinkle within her eye, the response that he desired to pull from the woman without any hesitation. 

"I've lived my life on the edge. I don't see a reason to stop now. . ." Vale whispered lowly in a roguish tone, watching as she took up her handbag. "You'll find that once one like myself gives our word it becomes a bond." He grinned standing up and gently taking her hand to help her up as well, an arm wrapping around her waist in almost a claiming way to dissuade the on-lookers. As much as to dash the various dreams and fantasies they'd already dreamt up for themselves of the illustrious Veela. "Shall we then?"

"Oh my, then we shall have to see what we can do about that," Sibylla's lips formed an amused smirk, blue eyes glinting with mirth and warmth at the back and forth, before she nodded gently, "Their resilience is something to be humbled by, certainly. And well... jaded or batshit crazy." She offered a light grin and laughed quietly, "You have to admit, there are some very eccentric old ones." Some that even appeared to have never grown up, when beneath the exterior they were probably scary as all the hells. The Fae especially, with their very nature and the way they viewed things, the elder ones were more likely to succumb to some form of madness or strange coping mechanism for all they had witnessed and experienced. How much could one really go through before they ran out of room for everything they learned? Eventually something had to be substituted out, she supposed. Though she didn't think she planned to stay quite long enough for that to happen to her. No one needed a mad Veela.

"Of course you can't refute it, we'd both found something that was new and interesting way back then, we just didn't get the chance to play," The woman laughed softly, still even years later and with much more experience, they found something of interest still there. Perhaps it was having taken the time to talk and know a little more about one another. Maybe part of it was that 'missed' opportunity way back. Or maybe they were both simply a pair of beings who saw something similar in one another that drew them to idly offer innocent touches, small comforts. "The short-lived remind us that moments are fleeting. To miss one often means not getting another chance at it," She mused softly, as though remembering something from a long time ago, though his question drew her brows upward curiously.

"Finding your descendants has indeed changed something within you," The blonde said softly as she studied him, unsure if he was still joking around with his words on opening himself to experiencing something more than he had been prepared to in the past. "Six months or more ago, you were very much one who did not seem to have the desire to allow for that kind of connection or obligation," Even the fact that he had dropped the glamour from his eyes, and shown her honesty spoke volumes of the change in the man. She was not a silly woman, she had known a man who didn't want to form anything that could become a weakness when she saw one, and she had seen that in him back when they'd met up near the new year. She wasn't entirely certain how to feel about this change, though she also knew that she felt a draw toward him as well, and his jest about teasing her for 'cold feet' only caused her lips to tug into a genuine smile as she laughed and nodded.

"Well, now I have to go along with it, I can't have my reputation as a man-eater tarnished by getting 'cold feet'," Sibylla snickered, there was no reputation regarding that for her, only for her species. Certainly there were those who instantly believed because of what she was, then it was clearly true about her, but those who knew her often wondered whether she really was a full Veela or not. "Oh, I know about your Fae vows and and all... though I would be interested to see how you think you would make it happen if I decided to rebel," Another soft laugh was drawn from her as she accepted his hand and pushed to her feet, leaning into his side easily as his arm wrapped around her, "Now you're just doing that to dash all the dreams of the lads who have been eyeing me up this whole time," She tutted quietly at him, as she allowed him to lead them out.

At some point they'd went passed the subtle flirtations of intent towards once that had been all too obvious that they couldn't just be ignored. "Batshit crazy tends to be the majority, doesn't it?" He chuckled easily, not all 'Batshit crazy' had been of a negative connotations. Some were about as nutty as an individual stuck out in the wilderness too long, amongst nothing but caves and animals slowly letting sanity slip away. Others had been on the level of a murderous carnivore ready to take its next bite out of someone. He wasn't sure how long he'd last personally, how much he could endure as the time moves on and no doubt choosing to engage with Mortals would hasten that particular gap faster, of that he held no doubt. Still, it'd been something better left to worry about during the process of it dissolving and not a moment before then if only to keep sanity just a bit longer. 

"And yet, it hasn't waivered. That is probably in part due to what we are." When one lived a while certain impressions lasted longer, afflictions of interests that had never been carried out stewing for quite sometime. Knowing that the chance would arrive eventually just never knowing the actual when and where and only if one still continued to expand beyond their own borders. Somehow, they found one another again, staring across in a connection that had been far harder to break. "One would say our meeting was a chance missed, to have it happen again and not act on it this time would be us making the mortal's mistake I would imagine." Meeting someone a second time in a long-life had been likely but beyond that? It could only grow far more difficult unless some force of intention were to drive constant encounters. Not an impossible thought but leaving such a thing to chance no longer seemed like a palatable idea for him.

There hadn't been any sense of humor within his tone from his question, though he also wouldn't have blamed her for taking such an admittance with skepticism considering the particular source. "You've the right of it. Before I was trying to keep. . . Distances. It makes it easier to move from place to place. If nothing binds you, then it becomes a fluid motion without the consequence of feeling as if you left something behind." The tips of his finger traced along her hand, sliding to the exposed top of it and making smooth tender touched motions. "But since finding out about my descendants, realizing what I'd missed and given up - it made me wonder what else I had locked away from my self simply for the desire of 'ease'." It hadn't truly been a place of 'ease', something would've always felt as I fit had been missing yet if he kept himself busy, mindful that many of those he encountered were fleeting it made it all seem 'alright'. However, crossing her, an individual that he couldn't simply push away as a momentary existence when he compared the two of their lifespans caused his mind to wander to the far deeper 'what if question'. 

"Well then it's only fair to see how much of this man you can fit in then." A cheeky smile curved at his lips, not that he expected her to truly be a 'Man-Eater'. If that had been the case some other sod would've ended up in the position he found himself within currently. "Ah, yes, rebelling did come to mind. I would've had to simply sway you into the idea, I'd hoped that curiosity of promising my true self would've struck." An almost mischievous chuckle reverberated from him. "Why wouldn't I? It just seemed too fun to pass up." His voice dropping to a smooth whisper, his voice almost like a call on the wind along her ear. "But something tells me you enjoyed such an action as much as I did.

In Transit. . .

They'd been in Melbourne already so the process of leaving and using just a bit of magic to translocate themselves to his home hadn't taken long. It had been likened unto a blink with only the feel of a passing breeze that enveloped them for a brief moment before placing them within the expansive single-floored home. His hand had already slid along hers to grasp hold of her bag to try and lightly pry it from her hands and settle it on a neaby table, in the moment leaning in as well to press his lips with a bit more of a heated intention than just the teasing nip he offered back at the bar. Arms wrapping around her waist to pull the woman into himself closely - barely within the door so to speak. 

Almost as if keeping to a promise the glamour instantly fell away as if it were swept by some unforeseeble force. It seemed as if even the clothes itself had been just a part of an illusion pieced together as a somewhat exposing outfit clutched to his lithe form, hair extending to just the center of his back with a myriad of blues that shifted in a gradient scheme. Markings lined from his Shoulders towards his arms, as well as his entire back and whom knows where else? 

The surface of Vale's palms tracing along her waist for a moment before curling one of his hands fingers just at the hem of her dress to hike it up just a bit, the other searching along the different points to find where it'd been connected to loosen it in order to pull it away from her. His hand that had started to pull her dress upwards, intentionally grazing against her supple skin in a teasing drag. A touch that seemed to radiate a peculiar warmth of heat, trying to spread the feeling of the moment even further.

Sign in to follow this